collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 College Football thread  (Read 63558 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 2021-22 College Football thread
« Reply #425 on: November 06, 2021, 11:16:02 PM »
Everyone looks suspect at times besides that insane UGA defense.

I actually don’t think Cincy is a fraud based on that alone.  I think they beat all but a handful of teams in the country.   They handled IU completely, after starting slow, when people still thought IU was good.  They won their big test on the road at ND.  Then absolutely shellacked the other best team in their conference for the last 5+ years.  They have no more games to get up for, no real opponent left other than SMU, but get everyone teams absolute, circled on the calendar, best shot.  I can see why they look flat or sleep walk through some games.

If they are a fraud, so is Bama who had less than 25 yards rushing sneaking by a bad LSU team with a lame duck coach.  Or Oregon who won by single possessions against Cal and Washington after losing Stanford, not to mention squeaking past UCLA.

If Cincy was a lightweight with a terrible schedule amidst a bunch of juggernauts in the top 5, maybe.  But nobody is really all that consistently great

Fair.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #426 on: November 07, 2021, 07:07:13 AM »
Everyone looks suspect at times besides that insane UGA defense.

I actually don’t think Cincy is a fraud based on that alone.  I think they beat all but a handful of teams in the country.   They handled IU completely, after starting slow, when people still thought IU was good.  They won their big test on the road at ND.  Then absolutely shellacked the other best team in their conference for the last 5+ years.  They have no more games to get up for, no real opponent left other than SMU, but get everyone teams absolute, circled on the calendar, best shot.  I can see why they look flat or sleep walk through some games.

If they are a fraud, so is Bama who had less than 25 yards rushing sneaking by a bad LSU team with a lame duck coach.  Or Oregon who won by single possessions against Cal and Washington after losing Stanford, not to mention squeaking past UCLA.

If Cincy was a lightweight with a terrible schedule amidst a bunch of juggernauts in the top 5, maybe.  But nobody is really all that consistently great

All of this.  If Georgia starts opening up their offense and let the athletes play, they’ll win it all going away.  The defense is as good as any in recent memory.  The thing that differentiates their defense versus a Wisconsin defense is speed.  They’re so explosive.  It’s a cliche but it’s like that across the SEC, Georgia just happens to have the best of them.  5* talent wins national titles.  3-4* talent wins Cheez-It Bowls
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #427 on: November 07, 2021, 09:38:12 AM »
Yeah … it’s become obvious that there are some good teams in the Big 14 but zero great teams.

Oh, and Cincinnati is a fraud too.

I agree on Cincinnati. Fraud might be a little strong of a word to use, but put them in the SEC where they are playing back to back to back to back games against SEC teams and I guarantee they wouldn’t be undefeated.

There are probably a half dozen SEC teams, and maybe even B10 teams that could go undefeated in the AAC or whatever the name of their conference is.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #428 on: November 07, 2021, 09:40:40 AM »
I agree on Cincinnati. Fraud might be a little strong of a word to use, but put them in the SEC where they are playing back to back to back to back games against SEC teams and I guarantee they wouldn’t be undefeated.

There are probably a half dozen SEC teams, and maybe even B10 teams that could go undefeated in the AAC or whatever the name of their conference is.

Cincinnati could win the Big 14
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #429 on: November 07, 2021, 10:54:27 AM »
Cincy  U of Houston and BYU are all in top 20 of ESPN power rankings …. Helps the argument for Big 12 to continue as a power conference even after their joinder and the OU UT departures
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #430 on: November 07, 2021, 10:59:37 AM »
Cincinnati could win the Big 14

Could?  Sure.  But likely wouldn't. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #431 on: November 07, 2021, 11:09:29 AM »
Also, I would disagree Cincy doesn’t have a game to get up for. I would have expected them coming out pretty fired up after being ranked 6th.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #432 on: November 07, 2021, 12:00:43 PM »

Could?  Sure.  But likely wouldn't.

If they could, then they’re not frauds like I’ve seen thrown around by many people.  We’re probably mostly in agreement.  Picking between them or a Michigan State is like picking which bug gets crushed by the boot of Georgia

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #433 on: November 07, 2021, 12:03:02 PM »
If they could, then they’re not frauds like I’ve seen thrown around by many people.  We’re probably mostly in agreement.  Picking between them or a Michigan State is like picking which bug gets crushed by the boot of Georgia

Wisconsin could win the B10 this year and they aren’t a playoff worthy team either.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #434 on: November 07, 2021, 03:44:42 PM »
I’m gonna criticize myself for using “fraud” for Cinci.

Good team with a weak schedule is what I shoulda said.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #435 on: November 11, 2021, 10:28:44 AM »
Jim Mora Jr. to be the next coach at UConn. I got to say, I think this is an excellent hire.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #436 on: November 11, 2021, 10:52:25 AM »
Jim Mora Jr. to be the next coach at UConn. I got to say, I think this is an excellent hire.

Frankly a shocking hire.  Mora has no connections or roots in the area and that seems to be the only draw for that program.  UCONN fans were bickering over which FCS guys they could get and which ones they were too good for and then this happens.  I don't think he's Nick Saban, but he's a pretty good coach with a ton of experience at the highest levels.  And for UCONN, thats kind of a home run.

I thought they were gonna end up with the Central Conn St guy

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #437 on: November 11, 2021, 12:59:06 PM »
Frankly a shocking hire.  Mora has no connections or roots in the area and that seems to be the only draw for that program.  UCONN fans were bickering over which FCS guys they could get and which ones they were too good for and then this happens.  I don't think he's Nick Saban, but he's a pretty good coach with a ton of experience at the highest levels.  And for UCONN, thats kind of a home run.

I thought they were gonna end up with the Central Conn St guy

And Jim Mora supposedly wrote his own contract as he has no agent. 
He said his kids told him it was time to go back to coaching.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #438 on: November 11, 2021, 01:04:52 PM »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #439 on: November 13, 2021, 10:47:58 PM »
Texas spent almost $30 mil to fire Tom Herman & his staff and then hire Sark.

LOL.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #440 on: November 14, 2021, 07:12:21 AM »

LOL.

They fired him over a song

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #441 on: November 14, 2021, 11:08:05 AM »

LOL.

I'm really trying to figure this one out.

Sark was fired from USC for "having issues" and showing up to team meetings intoxicated.

After a short stint as an analyst and very briefly as offensive coordinator for Alabama (1 game that they lost), he got he Offensive coordinator position for the Falcons (this alone makes no sense). In his two seasons there, he was a failure and they got substantially worse.

He returned to Alabama as a offensive coordinator, where quite literally a trained monkey could have success as a coordinator. He did well coaching Mac Jones and Tagovailoa.

That earns him a 6-year $34.2M contract at a top 10 program! All while spending an addition $24M on buyouts for the existing coaching staff.

Only in college coaching (or a CEO) can you get fired for showing up to work intoxicated, fail miserably, then have one good year on the easiest job and get $34+M.

If he was in a normal job, he'd be unhireable and have a hard time finding a job flipping burgers.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #442 on: November 14, 2021, 11:30:22 AM »

Sark was fired from USC for "having issues" and showing up to team meetings intoxicated.

After a short stint as an analyst and very briefly as offensive coordinator for Alabama (1 game that they lost), he got he Offensive coordinator position for the Falcons (this alone makes no sense). In his two seasons there, he was a failure and they got substantially worse.

He returned to Alabama as a offensive coordinator, where quite literally a trained monkey could have success as a coordinator. He did well coaching Mac Jones and Tagovailoa.

That earns him a 6-year $34.2M contract at a top 10 program! All while spending an addition $24M on buyouts for the existing coaching staff.

Only in college coaching (or a CEO) can you get fired for showing up to work intoxicated, fail miserably, then have one good year on the easiest job and get $34+M.

If he was in a normal job, he'd be unhireable and have a hard time finding a job flipping burgers.

He promised them the players would do the song

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #443 on: November 14, 2021, 12:51:06 PM »
Lance Leipold can coach.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #444 on: November 14, 2021, 01:25:17 PM »

Hard to argue with most of this. I will say that I've seen trained monkeys and I think they'd have a little trouble coordinating Bama's offense due to distractions caused by cheerleaders.

He promised them the players would do the song

That's funny. Also probably true. In Texas, it's important to keep racism traditions alive!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #445 on: November 14, 2021, 03:54:25 PM »
Jimmy Lake out at Washington
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #446 on: November 14, 2021, 04:38:31 PM »
Jimmy Lake out at Washington

Wow, he got less than two seasons and only coached 13 games. Things are going to be hot up at Montlake trying to justify this one.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #447 on: November 14, 2021, 05:14:10 PM »
Wow, he got less than two seasons and only coached 13 games. Things are going to be hot up at Montlake trying to justify this one.

Well, he got caught on TV getting physical with a player.  His recruiting as head coach was abysmal

MU82

• All American
« Reply #448 on: November 14, 2021, 05:32:11 PM »
Well, he got caught on TV getting physical with a player.  His recruiting as head coach was abysmal

Yeah ... maybe a great coach who wins can get away with being a d-bag. But that's a bad combination for Lake.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #449 on: November 14, 2021, 06:56:12 PM »

All he did was get in between a player going after a ref. Shouldn’t have shoved him but the player was an idiot.

And recruiting was during COVID with no off campus evaluations or campus visits. The guy won the division last year. There must be something else.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

feedback