'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Viper
[Today at 05:12:57 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79268 times)

swoopem

• All American
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #575 on: August 10, 2021, 01:52:23 PM »
Places I'm looking at in NYC are asking for just a picture of it and a photo ID.  Makes a ton of sense.

That’s good news. I’m going to NYC next weekend for the Dead and Company concert and although it hasn’t been announced I’m fully expecting proof of vaccine. Which is totally cool with me
Bring back FFP!!!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #576 on: August 10, 2021, 01:53:34 PM »
My question/thought is do you think it could get to the point where they mark something on your drivers license like being an organ donor or something?
Many different companies working on a VaxPass that is loaded to your phone, pulling the data directly from the state health databases. https://www.clearme.com/vaccine-validation
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #577 on: August 10, 2021, 02:09:03 PM »
They can see it in the WI vaccine database, or whatever it's call.  No?

I wonder, because I got my second dose in February but I've been getting texts from the Milwaukee Health Department asking if I want to make an appointment. If it's in the database, shouldn't they know not to text me?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #578 on: August 10, 2021, 02:24:02 PM »
Places I'm looking at in NYC are asking for just a picture of it and a photo ID.  Makes a ton of sense.

They are allowing that at Summerfest as well.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #579 on: August 10, 2021, 02:51:53 PM »
i sure would want to do so.  I know England ran some experiments (out of necessity?) using a second dose of various vaccines that differed from the first dose. You could probably look those up.  I also know of one doctor that had the J&J and subsequently got two doses of Pfizer. But probably not allowed for us mortals, unless you know a doctor.

Friends of my wife and I in Canada got a first dose of AZ and a second dose of Pfizer.  Our understanding was it was based on vaccine availability.  Things are obviously different in the USA.

I thought the J&J is still showing to be effective?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #580 on: August 10, 2021, 03:47:51 PM »

During my recent trip to Seattle, I went to a Sounders game. Was able to show pic of vax card on cellphone. Super easy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GOO

• All American
« Reply #581 on: August 10, 2021, 03:56:01 PM »
I wonder, because I got my second dose in February but I've been getting texts from the Milwaukee Health Department asking if I want to make an appointment. If it's in the database, shouldn't they know not to text me?
Probably in the data base wrong.  I had to go back to Walgreen's because they were robocalling me to come in for my second dose after I got my second dose... they put my second dose under someone else's name/file.

To answer the above, yes the J&J is still a good vaccine and provides protection.  Just not as effective as the mRNA vaccines, is my understanding. 

San Fran allowing second dose if got J&J:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/jj-covid-vaccine-recipients-can-get-supplemental-pfizer-or-moderna-shots-in-san-francisco.html

J&J recipients can make a special request to get a “supplemental dose” of an mRNA vaccine, city health officials said in a statement to CNBC, declining to call the second shots “boosters.”

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #582 on: August 10, 2021, 04:04:28 PM »
During my recent trip to Seattle, I went to a Sounders game. Was able to show pic of vax card on cellphone. Super easy.
easy to fake as well. wonder if ppl will bother getting a fake to go this year. will it hurt attendance idk

awilhelmscream

• Starter
« Reply #583 on: August 10, 2021, 04:05:51 PM »
Friends of my wife and I in Canada got a first dose of AZ and a second dose of Pfizer.  Our understanding was it was based on vaccine availability.  Things are obviously different in the USA.

I thought the J&J is still showing to be effective?

I had the J&J in April and ended up sitting across the table from a guy a month later for an hour long lunch meeting that lied about being vaccinated and was hospitalized with COVID pneumonia 2 days later.  No symptoms and a negative test 5 days after exposure for me.  That said, a doctor friend of mine was telling me to go get a booster of one of the mRNA vaccines to ensure effectiveness.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #584 on: August 10, 2021, 05:14:45 PM »
easy to fake as well. wonder if ppl will bother getting a fake to go this year. will it hurt attendance idk

Yes, of course, people can go out of their way to break the rules. I mean, teens have been using fake IDs to buy booze since booze and IDs were invented. People lie about being seniors for discounts. Many athletes and coaches cheat. Etc, etc, etc. You can't avoid making rules or setting standards just because somebody might cheat.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #585 on: August 10, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »

There were a few polls done by local TV stations today about the Summerfest decision and about 65% said they were less likely to attend.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #586 on: August 10, 2021, 05:48:20 PM »
There were a few polls done by local TV stations today about the Summerfest decision and about 65% said they were less likely to attend.

Thank goodness.  It’ll make it much more enjoyable
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #587 on: August 10, 2021, 07:00:18 PM »

How many of those do you think were attending anyway?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #588 on: August 10, 2021, 07:21:03 PM »

Good. I get to sit closer then. Shorter beer lines. If they wanna cry and not go then fine.

Everyone is bichin about “my freedoms”. Here is your freedom of choice! You have a choice! Get the vaccine Or don’t and get swabbed!

Choices are as free as you can get. Cause some other countries you don’t get choices.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #589 on: August 10, 2021, 08:31:48 PM »
Good. I get to sit closer then. Shorter beer lines. If they wanna cry and not go then fine.

Everyone is bichin about “my freedoms”. Here is your freedom of choice! You have a choice! Get the vaccine Or don’t and get swabbed!

Choices are as free as you can get. Cause some other countries you don’t get choices.

I'd check Stub Hub for any Summerfest concerts you might want to attend. I assume everyone who doesn't want to get vaccinated will be dumping their tickets Especially for the hip hop and country music acts.
Have some patience, FFS.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #590 on: August 10, 2021, 08:53:30 PM »
Hope MU does this...best way to ensure I don't have to sit next to an a-hole.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #591 on: August 10, 2021, 10:12:32 PM »
Hope MU does this...best way to ensure I don't have to sit next to an a-hole.

Made me chuckle. Thanks!

fjm

• All American
« Reply #592 on: August 10, 2021, 10:42:56 PM »
I'd check Stub Hub for any Summerfest concerts you might want to attend. I assume everyone who doesn't want to get vaccinated will be dumping their tickets Especially for the hip hop and country music acts.

Hot damn. Good call

Edit: holy crap. Prices for the green day concert are down $35 a ticket! Amazing.

Edit edit: looks like I’ll also be going to Luke Bryan for $30 cheaper than I thought also. 

I’m officially rooting for this to be in every sport. Y’all wanna stay unvaxxed. That’s cool. I’ll take you ur packer/bucks/MUBB tickets for $20 under face value. Silly gooses.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 10:48:26 PM by fjm »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #593 on: August 11, 2021, 07:51:33 AM »
Selling tickets for less than we paid for them to own the libs.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #594 on: August 11, 2021, 01:23:18 PM »
I'd rather prove vaccination status than go through the motions of wearing a mask when inside the arena.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #595 on: August 11, 2021, 01:24:16 PM »
Ur still gonna hafta due dat, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #596 on: August 11, 2021, 01:29:46 PM »
Just sharing a few recent experiences:
Moscow (Russia) - Vaccines are done through government agencies and recorded in a central database.  When your vaccine is properly recorded, you get a QR code that identifies you as vaccinated.  The QR code is required for entry to any event, restaurant, indoor shopping mall.

Dayton (ohio) - TBT finals.  No seating restrictions, no masks required, no vaccine tracking, no negative proof required... just like normal. 

Walgreens - issues a handwritten 'CDC' card as proof of vaccine.  How easy would that be to fake?

I got Sputnik V in Russia and then during recent USA visit got re-vaccinated with Pfizer.  I know too many people vaccinated with Sputnik that got the virus afterwards. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #597 on: August 14, 2021, 01:01:34 PM »
Barclay's Center has announced that all employees and guests (12 and up) must be fully vaccinated starting September 12th

https://twitter.com/BrooklynNets/status/1426269673583226886/photo/1

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #598 on: August 16, 2021, 11:19:00 PM »
Hope the Fiserv does the same.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #599 on: August 16, 2021, 11:49:03 PM »