[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79265 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #550 on: August 09, 2021, 12:56:54 PM »
MUAD has been mum on back-up options as we go to ST selection. For many reasons, I expect they will come out with the optional plans after we pick.

I am still optimistic we will be 100% live and Charleston will have fans. I think it will be less bumpy after we pass Labor Day.

Thanksgiving break.  IMO, k-12 schools will be very bumpy until at least then, probably longer.  And they'll spread it to their unvaccinated parents.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #551 on: August 09, 2021, 04:58:38 PM »
See, what I understand from the poll results and ensuing discussion is that it will be 100% capacity, but there will be fistfights over vaccines in small pockets throughout the arenas!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #552 on: August 09, 2021, 05:05:36 PM »
See, what I understand from the poll results and ensuing discussion is that it will be 100% capacity, but there will be fistfights over vaccines in small pockets throughout the arenas!

Double the entertainment!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #553 on: August 09, 2021, 09:12:13 PM »
There is a board to discuss COVID and to name call yet posters want to bring this crap into every thread.

Seating capacity is very on topic here, and I'm sure many posters rarely, if ever wander into the Superbar, much less its sub-boards.

COVID discussion coming up in a thread about how COVID might limit seating capacity seems pretty in line.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #554 on: August 09, 2021, 10:13:39 PM »
Seating capacity is very on topic here, and I'm sure many posters rarely, if ever wander into the Superbar, much less its sub-boards.

COVID discussion coming up in a thread about how COVID might limit seating capacity seems pretty in line.
Come on over to The Super Bar and enjoy the many fun and interesting topics
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 11:37:02 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #555 on: August 09, 2021, 10:37:11 PM »

Plus Tax
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #556 on: August 10, 2021, 08:55:28 AM »
Sadly, I doubt there is any way we will be at full capacity for FiServ.  Hopefully things will be better but they are worsening each day so far.  Again. 

Praying for the best. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #557 on: August 10, 2021, 09:33:00 AM »
Let's due thoughts two, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #558 on: August 10, 2021, 09:47:13 AM »

NO! The biggest roadblock to all of this is not vaccination Nazi's, it's god damn misinformation like this!   ALL of these statements are extremely easy to prove FALSE.  Read thoroughly below and tell me I'm wrong.  I unnatural carnal knowledgeing dare you.

How about this for a roadblock. Vaccines that are available now only attack the spikes of the virus, consequently those vaccines are not as effective as natural immunity. In short vaccines that we have cannot stop transmission.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention today released a study confirming the comparative effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines versus natural immunity, including immunity gained from prior SARS-CoV-2 infection. Researchers found that, among hundreds of Kentucky residents with previous infections through June 2021, those who were unvaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated. CDC says the research suggests that among people who have had COVID-19 previously, getting fully vaccinated provides additional protection against reinfection.
A second CDC study, published concurrently, shows the extent to which vaccines prevented COVID-19-related hospitalizations among the highest risk age groups.
https://www.aha.org/news/headline/2021-08-06-cdc-study-confirms-vaccinations-greater-protection-against-covid-19

In addition, there has never been an effective vaccine developed to stop Covid viruses, including influenza, which at best is only 50% effective.

This lacks context.  True no effective COVID vaccines have been available – but they’ve been working on them for almost 20 years since the SARS outbreak and often the interest (aka $$) dried up before the virus fizzled out.  But it’s that research that lead to such a fast development of the COVID19 vaccine.
The flu is not a coronavirus.  It is a completely different type of virus.  And if you want to get technical, it’s been as effective as 60%.  That is why the new mRNA vaccines for COVID are so exciting at 80-90% effectiveness, it’s a modern day miracle!

Two of the most vaccinated countries in the world, Israel and the UK, are experiencing 30 to 50% of hospitalizations during the surges from vaccinated people.

UK: 74.5% fully vaccinated, yet unvaccinated make up 60% of hospitalizations
Israel: 85% fully vaccinated, and hospitalization rates are about 1/20th of January’s numbers despite the more contagious delta variant. And of course many of their cases are breakthrough cases, because there’s so few unvaccinated people left! 

See here to debunk this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/19/vaccine-skeptics-zero-israel-again-some-reason/

Natural immunity is the most effective deterrent. There are plenty of roadblocks out there, including a really big one: The vaccination Nazis.

Already debunked above.

I've been so patient with anti-vaxxers... and I can somewhat understand the hesitancy when you're naive of the facts.  But I am getting so sick of the false information being spread by people who have no clue what they're talking about and try to convince others to follow this misguided stance.  STOP SPREADING FALSE INFORMATION!  have some self respect and take about 2.7 minutes to fact check yourself before you start pounding at your keyboard.

I agree with you. However even these studies omit pertinent information. The UK report detailing all the COVID positive patients who were vaccinated. Yet they don't tell you which vaccine these patients took. To me that is important information and why omit it. Here in the US if a person who contracted COVID after being vaccinated should be reported to VAERs system so we know which vaccine is actually providing protection against infection, but I see no breakdown reports in VAERs. Why is that?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #559 on: August 10, 2021, 09:53:41 AM »
Summerfest requiring either proof of vaccination or proof of negative test (within 72 hours of attending).
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #560 on: August 10, 2021, 10:13:20 AM »
I agree with you. However even these studies omit pertinent information. The UK report detailing all the COVID positive patients who were vaccinated. Yet they don't tell you which vaccine these patients took. To me that is important information and why omit it. Here in the US if a person who contracted COVID after being vaccinated should be reported to VAERs system so we know which vaccine is actually providing protection against infection, but I see no breakdown reports in VAERs. Why is that?
Yes, the UK, Russia, China, used a lot more of the inferior one dose vaccines. We used mostly the best (except for some that got the J&J, and I for one don't understand why anyone would have selected J&J unless not given a choice). 

So it is very pertinent as to what vaccine dose (doses) were received.

And yes, some very informed experts are "thinking" it is possible (not predicting) that if there is not another major variant, that some time before winter most will either have been vaccinated or have gotten Covid and we will be in decent shape going forward for a while.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 10:15:17 AM by GOO »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #561 on: August 10, 2021, 10:19:58 AM »
Yes, the UK, Russia, China, used a lot more of the inferior one dose vaccines. We used mostly the best (except for some that got the J&J, and I for one don't understand why anyone would have selected J&J unless not given a choice). 

So it is very pertinent as to what vaccine dose (doses) were received.

And yes, some very informed experts are "thinking" it is possible (not predicting) that if there is not another major variant, that some time before winter most will either have been vaccinated or have gotten Covid and we will be in decent shape going forward for a while.

I would just say for those that got the J&J, I think it mostly was a lack of choice. At least the guidance early was vaccine shopping would delay you by months, so get any of them now to minimize risk.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #562 on: August 10, 2021, 10:23:44 AM »
Summerfest requiring either proof of vaccination or proof of negative test (within 72 hours of attending).

Good. Very smart thing to do.

Will some people cheat the system, using others' proof of vax or forgeries? Sure. But this will cover the vast majority.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #563 on: August 10, 2021, 11:07:44 AM »
I would just say for those that got the J&J, I think it mostly was a lack of choice. At least the guidance early was vaccine shopping would delay you by months, so get any of them now to minimize risk.

I received the J&J at the end of March through the city here and that was the only vaccine I was offered. In hindsight I could have waited, have actually considered dropping into a Walgreens and getting the Pfizer or Moderna as a "booster".

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #564 on: August 10, 2021, 11:16:46 AM »
I received the J&J at the end of March through the city here and that was the only vaccine I was offered. In hindsight I could have waited, have actually considered dropping into a Walgreens and getting the Pfizer or Moderna as a "booster".

They probably won't allow it.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #565 on: August 10, 2021, 11:54:02 AM »
i sure would want to do so.  I know England ran some experiments (out of necessity?) using a second dose of various vaccines that differed from the first dose. You could probably look those up.  I also know of one doctor that had the J&J and subsequently got two doses of Pfizer. But probably not allowed for us mortals, unless you know a doctor.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #566 on: August 10, 2021, 11:59:14 AM »
i sure would want to do so.  I know England ran some experiments (out of necessity?) using a second dose of various vaccines that differed from the first dose. You could probably look those up.  I also know of one doctor that had the J&J and subsequently got two doses of Pfizer. But probably not allowed for us mortals, unless you know a doctor.

So, if you go to Walgreens, then to CVS, are they going to know? 

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #567 on: August 10, 2021, 12:36:45 PM »
So, if you go to Walgreens, then to CVS, are they going to know?

They can see it in the WI vaccine database, or whatever it's call.  No?

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #568 on: August 10, 2021, 12:57:20 PM »
I got Moderna, and I wasn't told until that day what I would get.  The data on J&J protecting you from death was and is strong...it was also the only vaccine tested against different strains at the time...and held up well.  I certainly understand why those getting J&J chose to do so.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #569 on: August 10, 2021, 12:59:02 PM »
Good. Very smart thing to do.

Will some people cheat the system, using others' proof of vax or forgeries? Sure. But this will cover the vast majority.
Agreed...and I'm not a lawyer...but I would think there is considerable risk in cheating the system. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #570 on: August 10, 2021, 01:04:49 PM »
They can see it in the WI vaccine database, or whatever it's call.  No?

Not sure…….

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #571 on: August 10, 2021, 01:37:41 PM »
I’m pro vax, I got vaxed in March, and I have no problem proving I’m vaxed in order to attend an event.

Now having said that I’m not looking forward to carrying that flimsy piece of paper/cardboard around in my pocket or in a laminated case (I know, people are dying...suck it up). My question/thought is do you think it could get to the point where they mark something on your drivers license like being an organ donor or something?

I hate clustered pockets and that card is going to break if it’s not laminated which makes it even bigger to carry around
Bring back FFP!!!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #572 on: August 10, 2021, 01:43:38 PM »
I’m pro vax, I got vaxed in March, and I have no problem proving I’m vaxed in order to attend an event.

Now having said that I’m not looking forward to carrying that flimsy piece of paper/cardboard around in my pocket or in a laminated case (I know, people are dying...suck it up). My question/thought is do you think it could get to the point where they mark something on your drivers license like being an organ donor or something?

I hate clustered pockets and that card is going to break if it’s not laminated which makes it even bigger to carry around

Agree about the crappy cards. Terrible size too. Apparently people are making bank on Etsy selling vaccine card holders
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #573 on: August 10, 2021, 01:47:13 PM »
Agree about the crappy cards. Terrible size too. Apparently people are making bank on Etsy selling vaccine card holders

Places I'm looking at in NYC are asking for just a picture of it and a photo ID.  Makes a ton of sense.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #574 on: August 10, 2021, 01:49:06 PM »
Places I'm looking at in NYC are asking for just a picture of it and a photo ID.  Makes a ton of sense.

Seems more logical. Probably the best choice is telling people to pull up their MyChart page so it can't be faked so easily
Maigh Eo for Sam