[Today at 06:24:27 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by tower912
[Today at 06:21:27 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 76480 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2021, 09:27:32 PM »
I love all the righteous indignation and scolding of those who are hesitant to get the vaccine.

Yes, we all should save our righteous indignation and scolding for those who refuse to condemn Marquette's selection of Shaka Smart as its basketball coach.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2021, 09:31:04 PM »
I love all the righteous indignation and scolding of those who are hesitant to get the vaccine.

Maybe those people would be convinced that being vaccinated makes a real difference if they didn't see people like Biden still being double-masked when not in close proximity to anyone else.  The lack of consistent messaging from people like Fauci isn't helping matters.

I don't even think the Johnson & Johnson vaccine should have been pulled.

Tamar Bates would get the vaccine. That's why he's  ranked so high.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2021, 11:22:49 PM »
6. People’s family members I know have died from the vaccine. One was middle aged with stage 2 cancer, died 2 weeks after taking it. Her aunt, who was elderly, also took it and died shortly after. She and her family will never ever get the vaccine.

That's some incredibly bad luck - and I don't necessarily blame the family for their opinions.  Literally 2000 of 134M have died after taking the vaccine (not *from the vaccine* as you state.  And it doesn't sound like those two specific cases have any link to the vaccine given their condition).  Nonetheless, literally 1 in 67k have died after taking the vaccine.  To have 2 in a family (albeit in bad health) is unlucky. 

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2021, 02:53:49 AM »
That's some incredibly bad luck - and I don't necessarily blame the family for their opinions.  Literally 2000 of 134M have died after taking the vaccine (not *from the vaccine* as you state.  And it doesn't sound like those two specific cases have any link to the vaccine given their condition).  Nonetheless, literally 1 in 67k have died after taking the vaccine.  To have 2 in a family (albeit in bad health) is unlucky.

So by this rationale, anyone who had stage 2 cancer and died while having COVID shouldn't be counted as a COVID death, and oh nice...neither should anyone who is elderly since COVID has no link given their condition.  Interesting how when someone dies with COVID it counts as a COVID death even if they had several comorbidities, but when someone dies shortly after taking the vaccine, suddenly we need to move mountains to try to show that the vaccine was the primary cause.  Why isn't the same approach applied to both?  Also, the 2,000 number is something we'll probably disagree on trusting.  You may call Crowd unlucky.  It's possible it's all vastly underreported.  You can look up what's been reported on VAERS in terms of adverse reactions.  Last time I downloaded the data a few weeks ago it was 1,400 pages of reported issues (not all deaths to be clear).  We're not that far into people getting the vaccine and maybe it's just me but that's a lot of stuff reported, and is obviously not even including what hasn't been reported which who knows how much that is.

Look, I've tried to be courteous and simply explain my position.  Some of you have zero desire to rid all the divisiveness going on in the world and want to simply attack me, insist that I'm selfish, label me an anti-vaxer (for the record, I'm not an anti-vaxer...I'm anti THIS vaccine until there is more known about it), etc.  When I said earlier I wished the best for those who have received it, I meant it and still do.  I believe we are all in a crappy position and we should all start by respecting how crappy it is, and understand that we are all trying to navigate everything that is going on.  There is a lot of misinformation coming from ALL angles these days and it is difficult to sift through it.  I am not a fan of masks but I follow the rules, and if there are rules in place that say that I can't go to a sporting event until I get the vaccine, then I have a choice to make and I'm ok with that.  Wearing a mask and injecting something into my body that is permanent are two very different things though.

So if you really must know MY reasons, in addition to some that have already been stated, here you go:

It is under emergency use authorization (EUA).  To get this status they have to prove that NO other treatments are available.  However, doctors have been using Ivermectin, Hydroxycloroquine, vitamin D, vitamin C, zinc, quercetin, ozone therapy, etc. with success.  This is why the censorship is so harsh against any doctors who try to talk about other treatments.  They lose the EUA if there are other therapies.  Think of all the people that go into the hospital and survive COVID, they are being treated.

To get to the 95% effective rate they use relative risk instead of absolute risk.  This website explains it: https://www.healthnewsreview.org/toolkit/tips-for-understanding-studies/ absolute-vs-relative-risk/
If drug manufactures used absolute risk, no one would take their drugs.  It is really common for them to report relative risk, which is basically not significant when it comes to scientific methods.

There are no studies saying the vaccine will prevent COVID or transmission.

We have no idea the side effects of this injection, both short term and long term.

There are ingredients in the injection that have not been proven safe for human use.  There are also ingredients in a proprietary blend in the vaccines that are not being disclosed.  Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) in the mRNA vaccines is known to cause anaphylactic reactions, yet they put it in there.

Over 90% of the people dying from COVID have 4+ comorbidities.

The PCR test is completely flawed.  When else have we ever used PCR to diagnose a virus?  Look into the cycle count, it should be <35 and ideally <25 for accurate results, otherwise you are looking at debris and other dead viral particles that cannot be isolated.

There are no double blind randomized controlled clinical trials, the gold standard of research.  All the studies so far have been conducted by the drug manufacturers so there is bias.  No animal studies have been done either and I am not sure if there are any currently being done.

Does the survival rate of 99.6% for those <70 justify me getting this injection?

New research is emerging that it is probable the mRNA can reverse transcribe into our DNA under the right conditions.

No products with the primary ingredient mRNA have ever been FDA approved.

It affects both the innate and adaptive immune system.  Vaccines are given to stimulate the adaptive system so we really don’t know the effects this will have on our innate system, which is our first line of defense.

Vaccine manufactures are not held liable for any adverse reactions.

If some of you want to continue to throw hate & shade my way, so be it.  Like with any major life decision, I am simply trying to make the most informed decision possible.  I'm not just some "tin foil idiot" or whatever word of the day MU82 likes to use from atop his righteous throne.  Maybe we can all learn to respect each other and understand that navigating this is challenging, and if that means I have to follow certain rules until I decide to get the vaccine or until I essentially wait it out, so be it.  Pardon me for not wanting to jump in line for a vaccine that is unlike any other ever developed.  Peace.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2021, 03:31:26 AM »
So by this rationale, anyone who had stage 2 cancer and died while having COVID shouldn't be counted as a COVID death, and oh nice...neither should anyone who is elderly since COVID has no link given their condition.  Interesting how when someone dies with COVID it counts as a COVID death even if they had several comorbidities, but when someone dies shortly after taking the vaccine, suddenly we need to move mountains to try to show that the vaccine was the primary cause.  Why isn't the same approach applied to both?  Also, the 2,000 number is something we'll probably disagree on trusting.  You may call Crowd unlucky.  It's possible it's all vastly underreported.  You can look up what's been reported on VAERS in terms of adverse reactions.  Last time I downloaded the data a few weeks ago it was 1,400 pages of reported issues (not all deaths to be clear).  We're not that far into people getting the vaccine and maybe it's just me but that's a lot of stuff reported, and is obviously not even including what hasn't been reported which who knows how much that is.

Look, I've tried to be courteous and simply explain my position.  Some of you have zero desire to rid all the divisiveness going on in the world and want to simply attack me, insist that I'm selfish, label me an anti-vaxer (for the record, I'm not an anti-vaxer...I'm anti THIS vaccine until there is more known about it), etc.  When I said earlier I wished the best for those who have received it, I meant it and still do.  I believe we are all in a crappy position and we should all start by respecting how crappy it is, and understand that we are all trying to navigate everything that is going on.  There is a lot of misinformation coming from ALL angles these days and it is difficult to sift through it.  I am not a fan of masks but I follow the rules, and if there are rules in place that say that I can't go to a sporting event until I get the vaccine, then I have a choice to make and I'm ok with that.  Wearing a mask and injecting something into my body that is permanent are two very different things though.

So if you really must know MY reasons, in addition to some that have already been stated, here you go:

It is under emergency use authorization (EUA).  To get this status they have to prove that NO other treatments are available.  However, doctors have been using Ivermectin, Hydroxycloroquine, vitamin D, vitamin C, zinc, quercetin, ozone therapy, etc. with success.  This is why the censorship is so harsh against any doctors who try to talk about other treatments.  They lose the EUA if there are other therapies.  Think of all the people that go into the hospital and survive COVID, they are being treated.

To get to the 95% effective rate they use relative risk instead of absolute risk.  This website explains it: https://www.healthnewsreview.org/toolkit/tips-for-understanding-studies/ absolute-vs-relative-risk/
If drug manufactures used absolute risk, no one would take their drugs.  It is really common for them to report relative risk, which is basically not significant when it comes to scientific methods.

We have no idea the side effects of this injection, both short term and long term.

There are ingredients in the injection that have not been proven safe for human use.  There are also ingredients in a proprietary blend in the vaccines that are not being disclosed.  Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) in the mRNA vaccines is known to cause anaphylactic reactions, yet they put it in there.

The PCR test is completely flawed.  When else have we ever used PCR to diagnose a virus?  Look into the cycle count, it should be <35 and ideally <25 for accurate results, otherwise you are looking at debris and other dead viral particles that cannot be isolated.

There are no double blind randomized controlled clinical trials, the gold standard of research.  All the studies so far have been conducted by the drug manufacturers so there is bias.  No animal studies have been done either and I am not sure if there are any currently being done.

Does the survival rate of 99.6% for those <70 justify me getting this injection?

New research is emerging that it is probable the mRNA can reverse transcribe into our DNA under the right conditions.

It affects both the innate and adaptive immune system.  Vaccines are given to stimulate the adaptive system so we really don’t know the effects this will have on our innate system, which is our first line of defense.

If some of you want to continue to throw hate & shade my way, so be it.  Like with any major life decision, I am simply trying to make the most informed decision possible.  I'm not just some "tin foil idiot" or whatever word of the day MU82 likes to use from atop his righteous throne.  Maybe we can all learn to respect each other and understand that navigating this is challenging, and if that means I have to follow certain rules until I decide to get the vaccine or until I essentially wait it out, so be it.  Pardon me for not wanting to jump in line for a vaccine that is unlike any other ever developed.  Peace.

Nah. You’re still a selfish, anti science moron. Your position is irresponsible.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #205 on: April 22, 2021, 05:33:47 AM »
The first paragraph tells me everything I need to know

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2021, 05:54:54 AM »

There is so much misinformation in here. Maybe if my day isn’t filled with COVID patients in ICU I can get to it all.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2021, 06:19:45 AM »

Thanks for your service
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

🏀

• All American
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2021, 06:42:49 AM »

All the misinformation greatest hits, now complied into one seriously long post.

Instead of respecting each other, start with respecting science.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2021, 06:52:48 AM »

I'm sorry, I can't learn to respect people who refuse to listen to experts and instead want to make their own 'most informed decision possible'.  That is incompatible.  And I can see from your 'research' you're latched on to a specific line of thought. 

You're like a child wandering the woods, and you've been offered food, water, and map but would rather die trying to find his way out on his own.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2021, 07:09:17 AM »
There is so much misinformation in here. Maybe if my day isn’t filled with COVID patients in ICU I can get to it all.

Ya. I was thinking we’d have full sports. And maybe we will. But now I have my doubts. I (and maybe Brew can attest to this on his routes?) have admitted more and more covid patients to the ICU from our ED’s over the last two weeks than I had in the last 2 months. But it’s younger people now that we are admitting. Our ED’s are def seeing an uptick of covid patients.

I can appreciate peoples hesitancy to get the vaccine. But I wish the hesitancy was due to actual science concerns instead of nonfactual Facebook conspiracy’s. 🥴

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2021, 07:51:02 AM »
Ya. I was thinking we’d have full sports. And maybe we will. But now I have my doubts. I (and maybe Brew can attest to this on his routes?) have admitted more and more covid patients to the ICU from our ED’s over the last two weeks than I had in the last 2 months. But it’s younger people now that we are admitting. Our ED’s are def seeing an uptick of covid patients.

I can appreciate peoples hesitancy to get the vaccine. But I wish the hesitancy was due to actual science concerns instead of nonfactual Facebook conspiracy’s. 🥴

We've definitely seen an uptick as well. Though it does seem like more people are willing to stay home with it than they were the first time around when they aren't serious cases. Of course this is just anecdotal, but we really had a lull for a few months from mid-January to the end of March. I imagine much of that was crappy weather keeping people at home as well.

On the upside I'm seeing more vaccinations in the public as well. In general, people are getting it when they can. But misinformation and politics still play a heavy role. It amazes me how many people of a certain political shade that work in healthcare and have seen the ravages of this up close are still deniers or vaccine hesitant.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I suspect it isn't helped by politicians on either side of the aisle. Politicians that deny or are hesitant harm the willingness to get the vaccine, and those that are hesitant won't listen to anyone on the other side of the aisle. I also don't think the CDC helps much in that regard because even when people are politically neutral, they are viewed as having a political stripe. I think it will largely come down to more local healthcare providers, primary physicians and their nurses, to convince people the importance of getting vaccinated.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2021, 07:54:23 AM »
One more round of Biden Bucks + Vaccination Passport = Herd Immunity

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2021, 08:15:38 AM »
I've never been comfortable with what I see as government overreach but I also understand that there are times and situations when the rights of the individual cannot be unlimited and when the rights/welfare of the general public must take precedence. This decision should not be taken lightly. It can very easily get out of control. So it goes against my inclination to see that vaccine passports may be the way to resolve the conflict between those who refuse to get vaccinated and those who have been vaccinated.

Cones mentioned "if that means I have to follow certain rules until I decide to get the vaccine...". Let a passport be required for admission to arenas, concerts, restaurants, air travel, etc. Those who refuse to be vaccinated can continue to follow their beliefs, but in semi isolation or with others who share their beliefs.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2021, 08:26:30 AM »

I was just about to post this almost verbatim.  Although, I have contracts to review instead of patients in the ICU.  So, I mean... yours holds more weight.   ;D\

This is seriously the mother load of misinformation and flat out falsehoods.  No wonder people are hesitant if this is what they are being fed on their mommy blogs.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2021, 08:30:48 AM »
Cones mentioned "if that means I have to follow certain rules until I decide to get the vaccine...". Let a passport be required for admission to arenas, concerts, restaurants, air travel, etc. Those who refuse to be vaccinated can continue to follow their beliefs, but in semi isolation or with others who share their beliefs.
Lets not give more of our privacy/personal information to private companies please and set up more checkpoints.

Similar to the "if you have nothing to hide then why does it matter" argument.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 08:34:16 AM by WolfganghisKhan »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2021, 08:43:01 AM »
Lets not give more of our privacy/personal information to private companies please and set up more checkpoints.

Similar to the "if you have nothing to hide then why does it matter" argument.

I disagree with the privacy concern. Your smartphone has more personal information about you than a passport app would.

Passport app: Verified identity, have they been vaccinated

Your smartphone: Verified identity, full text of all emails, full text of all texts, voice recordings of all calls, all voicemails, who you're related too, close friends + colleagues and their personal info, all incidental speech around your phone if you have voice commands enabled, every website you visit, every app you have installed, usernames and passwords for every website and app, etc...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2021, 08:48:03 AM »
I disagree with the privacy concern. Your smartphone has more personal information about you than a passport app would.

Your smartphone: Verified identity, full text of all emails, full text of all texts, voice recordings of all calls, all voicemails, who you're related too, close friends + colleagues and their personal info, all incidental speech around your phone if you have voice commands enabled, every website you visit, every app you have installed, usernames and passwords for every website and app, etc...

Don't forget that cell phones also have non stop geo location, even when they're off. So it even knows your daily routine.
Maigh Eo for Sam

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2021, 08:57:19 AM »

So because it's already bad, who cares if it gets worse? Not the best logic there. Why not let the government just openly track everyone? Would help stop potential criminals.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2021, 08:59:42 AM »
So because it's already bad, who cares if it gets worse? Not the best logic there. Why not let the government just openly track everyone? Would help stop potential criminals.

Is the incremental bit of data: "vaccinated: yes/no?" actually "worse"?

also.... I'm pretty sure the NSA already does. The ship on "let's not be a police state" sailed a long, long, time ago.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2021, 09:00:51 AM »
Is the incremental bit of data: "vaccinated: yes/no?" actually "worse"?

also.... I'm pretty sure the NSA already does. The ship on "let's not be a police state" sailed a long, long, time ago.
So lets just give up all of our privacy then. I dont get this "it's already bad, so who cares" argument.

Give an inch, they take a mile and so on. We've gone from helping not overload our hospitals, to showing your vaccination papers to a bouncer. I'm fine with mandating it in schools and international travel once it's fully approved, but local bars and events? No.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:04:43 AM by WolfganghisKhan »

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2021, 09:03:58 AM »
So lets just give up all of our privacy then. I dont get this "it's already bad, so who cares" argument.

Give an inch, they take a mile and so on. We've gone from helping not overloading our hospitals, to showing your vaccination papers to a bouncer.

It's not an argument that "it's already bad, so who cares." It's an argument that vaccine status, *a thing that we never cared about before when it was TDAP and preschool* is not a bad piece of data to be tracked?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2021, 09:04:42 AM »

Give an inch, they take a mile and so on. We've gone from helping not overload our hospitals, to showing your vaccination papers to a bouncer.

Slippery slope logical fallacy
Maigh Eo for Sam

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2021, 09:05:28 AM »
Slippery slope logical fallacy
Head in the sand. Probably said this about the Patriot act too.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:07:37 AM by WolfganghisKhan »

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2021, 09:05:55 AM »
It's not an argument that "it's already bad, so who cares." It's an argument that vaccine status, *a thing that we never cared about before when it was TDAP and preschool* is not a bad piece of data to be tracked?
Edited above: I'm fine with mandating it in schools and international travel once it's fully approved, but showing it every time I go to local bars and events? No.

feedback