'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 03:31:34 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79261 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2021, 01:28:59 PM »
Covid poses virtually no threat of any kind to a considerable percentage of the population. 

Is that the stance of the Meyer administration?

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2021, 01:29:42 PM »
Totally agree.

Private businesses have every right to do this, and I believe they should.
Gets tricky if the arena receives government funding/is government owned and the legislature rules against vaccine passports.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2021, 01:33:40 PM »
And we continue to live in a normal society back to how it was and the people who don't get vaccinated risk getting Covid. At some point we need to get back to how life was and for me that is when everyone who wants a vaccine can get one. I don't think that's an unreasonable statement. I and many others have sacrificed enough, I'm not going to give up more of my life because a small group of people refuse to take a vaccine.

At least you're not storming the beaches of Normandy or on patrol in Afghanistan.  I mean.... it doesn't require much effort to put on a mask and wash your hands.  If anything, this pandemic illustrated how weak-minded, erratic, and impulsive the United States is.  This country's culture has been reduced to:  How can I fix my next urge for consumer goods, food, or recreation?  The individual's needs outweighs the majority's.  There's a complete lack of discipline and toughness.   I can only imagine China contingency planning a virus outbreak in the future in order to slow the U.S. down, while China soars ahead economically.   

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2021, 01:34:00 PM »
What messed up scenario are we in when I agree with you??

His takes are controversial typically, but he does base a lot of what he says on numbers and logic.

Based hard truths.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2021, 01:34:34 PM »
At least you're not storming the beaches of Normandy or on patrol in Afghanistan.  I mean.... it doesn't require much effort to put on a mask and wash your hands.  If anything, this pandemic illustrated how weak-minded, erratic, and impulsive the United States is.  This country's culture has been reduced to:  How can I fix my next urge for consumer goods, food, or recreation?  The individual's needs outweighs the majority's.  There's a complete lack of discipline and toughness.   I can only imagine China contingency planning a virus outbreak in the future in order to slow the U.S. down, while China soars ahead economically.
Big time boomer take there.   ;D

Why do you act like I'm not doing those things? Stop assuming everyone who disagrees with you is an anti-vax MAGA supporter. Sorry I want to travel and experience things. See friends and family etc.

I've gotten my vaccine and I will wait for others to receive theirs. Once that period is over, I will resume my life as normal.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 01:38:42 PM by WolfganghisKhan »

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2021, 01:41:21 PM »
Why do you act like I'm not doing those things? Stop assuming everyone who disagrees with you is an anti-vax MAGA supporter. Sorry I want to travel and experience things. See friends and family etc.

I'm not saying you're anti vax MAGA.  Statistically, anti vaxxers tend to be quite liberal anyways.  My point is that the pandemic showed who we are as a country, during a tough time.  Our true colors came out.  We've gone through tougher times before and endured.  I just feel that the current culture is unsustainable long term.  It needs to change so we can overcome issues like this much more quickly.  Most likely, in our lifetimes, something worse will come around that has a much higher death rate.  It's inevitable with an ever increasing world population. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2021, 02:49:36 PM »
There will never be 100% vaccination for Covid due to the fact Covid poses virtually no threat of any kind to a considerable percentage of the population.  Sorry Deane, but not everyone that disagrees with you is lacking intelligence or suffering from misinformation.

You're not up aware that viruses are communicable, eh? The whole "do your part for society" piece doesn't resonate with you?

IMO, everyone too scared to get their vaccine can stay home indefinitely. No skin off my back if you need to delay your decision a few months. The rest of us will be getting back to normal life.

No shoes? No shirt? No shot? No service.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2021, 03:02:38 PM »

None of this should surprise any of us.  The US is one of the richest countries in the world yet we are not even in the Top 40 in life expectancy.  Canada right next door in the Top 10 when I last looked.  We are not disciplined and we really don't care about our fellow Americans much at all.  As long as we get to do what we want,  when we want it, and how we want it,  screw everyone else.

McLintock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2021, 03:33:53 PM »
You're not up aware that viruses are communicable, eh? The whole "do your part for society" piece doesn't resonate with you?

IMO, everyone too scared to get their vaccine can stay home indefinitely. No skin off my back if you need to delay your decision a few months. The rest of us will be getting back to normal life.

No shoes? No shirt? No shot? No service.

I'm simply pointing out the reason many people will not be vaccinated.  You are implying that the vaccines don't work since apparently the virus is still communicable to those that are vaccinated which doesn't help your argument.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2021, 03:53:56 PM »

I'm not saying you're anti vax MAGA.  Statistically, anti vaxxers tend to be quite liberal anyways.  My point is that the pandemic showed who we are as a country, during a tough time.  Our true colors came out.  We've gone through tougher times before and endured.  I just feel that the current culture is unsustainable long term.  It needs to change so we can overcome issues like this much more quickly.  Most likely, in our lifetimes, something worse will come around that has a much higher death rate.  It's inevitable with an ever increasing world population.

Totally agree. If Americans showed a similar level of resilience in the early 1940s, we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

We had more resilience because we had recently weathered the Great Depression, so people were more ready to sacrifice personal comfort for the common good. Nowadays, it’s “I’ll give up some social interactions for a few months...as long as I have plenty of food to eat, can binge-watch Homeland and watch the Tournament on TV, and you give me a definitive date when this ‘living hell’ will be back to normal. Oh, and I still get to hang with my usual crowd for the holidays, right?”

The absolute horror of giving up Spring Break in Cancun....

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2021, 04:06:02 PM »

Totally agree. If Americans showed a similar level of resilience in the early 1940s, we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

We had more resilience because we had recently weathered the Great Depression, so people were more ready to sacrifice personal comfort for the common good. Nowadays, it’s “I’ll give up some social interactions for a few months...as long as I have plenty of food to eat, can binge-watch Homeland and watch the Tournament on TV, and you give me a definitive date when this ‘living hell’ will be back to normal. Oh, and I still get to hang with my usual crowd for the holidays, right?”

The absolute horror of giving up Spring Break in Cancun....

Today, resilience for many is dealing with Joe Buck/Troy Aikman calling your local team's football game.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2021, 04:06:23 PM »
What a take. Might have to give you guys a seat on Undisputed or First Take.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2021, 04:08:10 PM »
None of this should surprise any of us.  The US is one of the richest countries in the world yet we are not even in the Top 40 in life expectancy.  Canada right next door in the Top 10 when I last looked.  We are not disciplined and we really don't care about our fellow Americans much at all.  As long as we get to do what we want,  when we want it, and how we want it,  screw everyone else.

I unfortunately agree with this take.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2021, 04:09:23 PM »
Today, resilience for many is dealing with Joe Buck/Troy Aikman calling your local team's football game.

Man, ain’t that the truth 😂

I was at the US Open in 2019 with a buddy who believes Joe Buck hates the Packers and when we were close enough, I would ask the Fox cameramen why Joe Buck hates the Packers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2021, 04:11:28 PM »

I was at the US Open in 2019 with a buddy who believes Joe Buck hates the Packers and when we were close enough, I would ask the Fox cameramen why Joe Buck hates the Packers

The ultimate first world problem.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2021, 04:35:55 PM »
Your comment about Israel is very reasonable. It does appear that those who are vaccinated but who contract a variant have less severe results than those who aren't vaccinated. But only time will tell, and I fully agree about the "silver bullet." Again, we have control of a few things, and choosing to get vaccinated is a pretty easy one. Or so one might think.

I do stand by this: If you choose not to get vaccinated, you should lose the right to complain about things not getting back to "normal."

And I agree with your percentages. I hope we can have at least 50% attendance next season, but I'll understand if it's lower.

Agree on all counts

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2021, 04:46:53 PM »

Did you whisper in his ear?

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2021, 05:49:01 PM »
I love all the righteous indignation and scolding of those who are hesitant to get the vaccine.

Maybe those people would be convinced that being vaccinated makes a real difference if they didn't see people like Biden still being double-masked when not in close proximity to anyone else.  The lack of consistent messaging from people like Fauci isn't helping matters.

I don't even think the Johnson & Johnson vaccine should have been pulled.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2021, 06:16:04 PM »
I love all the righteous indignation and scolding of those who are hesitant to get the vaccine.

Page 8 and I still haven’t seen a good reason to not get the vaccine.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2021, 06:23:20 PM »

Yep, just passed the 7th floor and no problems so far.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2021, 07:03:03 PM »
The Israel news is extremely encouraging and, IMO, the right kind of comparison set given population density and some cultural elements/freedoms.  I’ve been done taking any sort of lead or interest in NZ, as everyone should.  Unless Hawaii is looking for a template on how to act, apart from the US as a whole. Remote islands with populations less than more than half of the US states and the top 15 US metro areas, not to mention basically a zero tolerance policy for individual cases, has always been a false equivalency for not only the US, but any major country with land borders, and just used as a way for people to wring their hands and point to how much better other places are doing.

At the end of the day, for me, if people can accept their children need to have the MMR vaccine among others to enter kindergarten/grade school, they can get vaccinated to start to move things back to normal, a mask-less and open travel normal

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2021, 07:07:04 PM »

I don't even think the Johnson & Johnson vaccine should have been pulled.

Don't you mean the Jackman & Jackman?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2021, 07:26:33 PM »
The Israel news is extremely encouraging and, IMO, the right kind of comparison set given population density and some cultural elements/freedoms.  I’ve been done taking any sort of lead or interest in NZ, as everyone should.  Unless Hawaii is looking for a template on how to act, apart from the US as a whole. Remote islands with populations less than more than half of the US states and the top 15 US metro areas, not to mention basically a zero tolerance policy for individual cases, has always been a false equivalency for not only the US, but any major country with land borders, and just used as a way for people to wring their hands and point to how much better other places are doing.

At the end of the day, for me, if people can accept their children need to have the MMR vaccine among others to enter kindergarten/grade school, they can get vaccinated to start to move things back to normal, a mask-less and open travel normal

That’s way too logical, Wags.

I mean, people who would never challenge “no shirt, no shoes, no service” while they gorge on wings and rings, consider it a personal affront to wear a mask during a deadly pandemic to help save lives.

‘Murcia! Freedom!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2021, 07:30:49 PM »
A society of narcissistic Karens and Kens.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CrowdOf5

• Starter
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2021, 08:23:17 PM »
Page 8 and I still haven’t seen a good reason to not get the vaccine.

Here’s reasons I hear often:

1. no one really knows if there will be any long-term side affects from getting this vaccine every 6-12 months for the rest of their lives.

2. There are treatment options out there currently that help and are FDA approved. Many more in development.

3. Use of cells grown from aborted fetus cells.

4. Neither of the active vaccines use live, weakened virus like most other vaccines do. Many people said if they were to take any vaccine down the line it would be J&J (which is off the table for now and has lost a lot of credibility). The J&J vaccines uses an inactive virus to deliver.

5. The interview with the ex-VP at Pfizer

6. People’s family members I know have died from the vaccine. One was middle aged with stage 2 cancer, died 2 weeks after taking it. Her aunt, who was elderly, also took it and died shortly after. She and her family will never ever get the vaccine.

That’s all I can recall. People can use this information and everyone else’s opinions/feedback to make their own decision.

feedback