[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:30:34 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wojo Post MU Thread  (Read 20068 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Wojo Post MU Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2021, 01:20:38 PM »
That's what I'm guessing.  One big tell is he hasn't done a "my side of the story" story with any reporter.  He's been super quiet.  Time in a NBA franchise could be very good for him.
I know when Quinn Snyder was hired by the Jazz, I thought it was a horrible decision. Clearly, I am clueless on what it takes to be a NBA Coach.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2021, 01:32:16 PM »
It worked for Majerus.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2021, 01:53:12 PM »
I know when Quinn Snyder was hired by the Jazz, I thought it was a horrible decision. Clearly, I am clueless on what it takes to be a NBA Coach.

But that’s was likely just thinking of Mizzou Snyder.  He went to the G League and was successful.  Then spent time under Doug Collins in Philly, a year with arguably the best Euro coach ever at CSKA Moscow with Messina, and then time with Bud.  He really tore it down and started over learning from great coaches. He went through an NBA coaching intensive for as long as he has been at Mizzou. If Wojo was willing to do that, then it’s a totally different story.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2021, 02:01:23 PM »
Wojo was at a Bucks home game or two, sitting with some administrative types courtside. Wonder if he's looking for an NBA assistant gig while not having to move his family.
Would be a great move for Wojo and The Family.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2021, 05:54:26 PM »

A guy I flew with played with Snyder at Mercer Island High. Pete went on to play at the AF Academy while Snyder went on to play at Duke. My buddy told me that Snyder is incredibly smart and that Snyder got a JD and MBA from Duke while also working as an NBA assistant coach. Either one of those programs alone would be challenging. But to do a dual degree while also working full time in a demanding role is incredible.

Death on call

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2021, 07:09:23 PM »
A guy I flew with played with Snyder at Mercer Island High. Pete went on to play at the AF Academy while Snyder went on to play at Duke. My buddy told me that Snyder is incredibly smart and that Snyder got a JD and MBA from Duke while also working as an NBA assistant coach. Either one of those programs alone would be challenging. But to do a dual degree while also working full time in a demanding role is incredible.

Cocaine is a powerful drug.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2021, 08:08:11 AM »
Cocaine is a powerful drug.

Ask Paul Molitor!

Death on call

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2021, 05:20:00 PM »
Ask Paul Molitor!
His nickname wasn't The Inhaler for nothing.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2021, 09:36:37 AM »
His nickname wasn't The Inhaler for nothing.

Hell of a ball player. One of the best right handed hitters ever.

He did like his blow, though.

Death on call

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2021, 07:45:17 PM »
Molitor was, by the way, a heck of a basketball player.  I remember him joining several of the Milwaukee bucks at the rec center during the 1990 baseball lockout.  Strong, excellent shooter, and lightning quick. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2021, 08:41:35 PM »
Molitor was, by the way, a heck of a basketball player.  I remember him joining several of the Milwaukee bucks at the rec center during the 1990 baseball lockout.  Strong, excellent shooter, and lightning quick.
Never passed, didn't get back on defense.  At least not the day I played pick up basketball with him.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2021, 10:14:37 PM »
Story about Molitor.

I think it was 1990, and IIRC, my friend got MU's tickets to a Brewers game.  We had amazing seats, a row up from the Brewers' on deck circle, like 15 feet away from us.

If memory serves, Molitor hit a solo HR in the 1st inning, and it turned out to be the only hit for the Brewers that day.

Molitor went to my high school, so at his 2nd at bat, I figured I'd say hi, you know, being fellow alums and all.   He turned to me and rolled his eyes and went right back to swinging in the on deck circle.   

I was not worth a wave.   :-\   #sadtrombone

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2021, 10:19:53 PM »
Story about Molitor.

I think it was 1990, and IIRC, my friend got MU's tickets to a Brewers game.  We had amazing seats, a row up from the Brewers' on deck circle, like 15 feet away from us.

If memory serves, Molitor hit a solo HR in the 1st inning, and it turned out to be the only hit for the Brewers that day.

Molitor went to my high school, so at his 2nd at bat, I figured I'd say hi, you know, being fellow alums and all.   He turned to me and rolled his eyes and went right back to swinging in the on deck circle.   

Joe Mauer would never

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2021, 10:53:42 PM »
Story about Molitor.

What’d you do to him in high school that he couldn’t get a hit after seeing you?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2021, 07:45:33 AM »
What’d you do to him in high school that he couldn’t get a hit after seeing you?

Molitor was a dozen years before me.

My HS brushes with fame was that .. when I was a freshman, Steve Walsh (won Nat Championship @ Miami, 4th in Heisman voting) was my platoon leader.

When I was a senior, Chris Weinke (won and lost Nat Championships @ FSU, won the Heisman) was in my platoon.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2021, 09:34:26 AM »
Molitor was a dozen years before me.

My HS brushes with fame was that .. when I was a freshman, Steve Walsh (won Nat Championship @ Miami, 4th in Heisman voting) was my platoon leader.

When I was a senior, Chris Weinke (won and lost Nat Championships @ FSU, won the Heisman) was in my platoon.

What was the mascot of Cretin High School?

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2021, 09:51:30 AM »

I didn't know you were a Raider Hilltopper. I went to school with Mauer.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2021, 09:56:10 AM »
What was the mascot of Cretin High School?

A "Raider."

I didn't know you were a Raider Hilltopper. I went to school with Mauer.

Yup.  My grandfather was the first graduating class on Hamline in 1919.  My dad was 1950.

The largest regret I have from living in MKE is that my kids won't go to Cretin.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2021, 01:33:07 PM »
A "Raider."

Yup.  My grandfather was the first graduating class on Hamline in 1919.  My dad was 1950.

The largest regret I have from living in MKE is that my kids won't go to Cretin.

Nice. So you were there back when it was just Cretin. Cretin-Derham Hall is a little bit different though my high school self appreciated the addition of the women of Derham Hall.
TAMU

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2021, 01:50:43 PM »

that's my buddy's dream school for his son. He's been making donations since he was born even though he himself is not a graduate.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2021, 03:18:22 PM »
Nice. So you were there back when it was just Cretin. Cretin-Derham Hall is a little bit different though my high school self appreciated the addition of the women of Derham Hall.

Yep, I was the last Cretin class.  I'm glad they went co-ed and would have appreciated that.  They probably should have just done it and bankrupted Derham.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2021, 10:53:24 AM »
How much could a diploma from Cretin High School be worth?

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2021, 12:49:12 PM »
How much could a diploma from Cretin High School be worth?

Ask Archbishop Joseph Cretin
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2021, 09:48:27 PM »
Any real estate news ?
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2021, 08:41:37 AM »
I picture him sitting by the fireplace rereading the Hauser letter over and over again.

feedback