[Today at 12:02:06 PM]

EGB's by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 06:54:42 AM]

More conference realignment talk by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:37:17 AM]

Big East Roster Updates by tower912
[September 28, 2022, 02:18:05 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wojo Post MU Thread  (Read 7636 times)

#Unleash?

• All American
Re: Wojo Post MU Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2022, 06:46:17 AM »
Steve Wojciechowski — Wojciechowski was a surprise firing last year when Marquette cut him loose. But the belief is that Marquette had an inkling it could get Shaka Smart.

Right right.

A surprise firing? That journalist needs to put a bit more effort in

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2022, 06:52:39 AM »

Clearly written by a projo.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2022, 03:36:56 PM »

Surprised some Scoopers - some even guaranteed he ‘d be back.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2022, 03:56:53 PM »
I would say it surprised most Scoopers (including me, I admit). I sure didn't think there were deep-pocketed alums willing to spend their money on a $7M buyout.

Glad I was wrong ... and very pleasantly surprised.
There were 681 attempts to ban or restrict access to a record 1,651 different books in schools through August of this year. What books? Mainly those written by or about people of color or that deal with LGBTQ issues.

BAN ASSAULT RIFLES, NOT BOOKS!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2022, 09:14:25 PM »
Surprise from a financial perspective. Not a performance perspective.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2022, 10:19:28 AM »
Every decision has at least a bit of surprise until it's made.

Wojo being fired was .. 10% surprising.

The idea fired him because "they thought they could get Shaka" is silly.   Wojo was fired March 19, at which time Shaka had just won the B12 tourney and was getting read to play the NCAAs as a #3 seed.

Forgetting that quote .. On paper, how we ended up with Shaka is bonkers.   "Let's fire Woj.  I wonder if the B12 tourney winner and #3 seed will lose to the #14 seed and we can snatch that guy.  That #14 seed has 19 Q4 wins, I bet they are due."

TAMU, the Wizard of MU Basketball

• All American
  • SPELLS! MAGIC!
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2022, 11:04:46 AM »

The idea fired him because "they thought they could get Shaka" is silly.   Wojo was fired March 19, at which time Shaka had just won the B12 tourney and was getting read to play the NCAAs as a #3 seed.

Forgetting that quote .. On paper, how we ended up with Shaka is bonkers.   "Let's fire Woj.  I wonder if the B12 tourney winner and #3 seed will lose to the #14 seed and we can snatch that guy.  That #14 seed has 19 Q4 wins, I bet they are due."

I doubt they thought at the time that they could get Shaka. But I think they knew the worst they were going to do was Moser who would have been a big improvement over Wojo.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

~Prayer of the Scooper

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2022, 11:16:05 AM »
I doubt they thought at the time that they could get Shaka. But I think they knew the worst they were going to do was Moser who would have been a big improvement over Wojo.

Agreed on this.

There had already been widespread discussion, plans (or hopes by fans) to oust Shaka at Texas, last year or the following year. His seat was as hot as Wojo's. There were rumors that Shaka was aware of this and would consider jumping ship to the right place, because he was unhappy in Texas.

I believe it was fairly well known behind the scenes that Marquette was one of those "right places."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2022, 11:41:49 AM »
Surprise from a financial perspective. Not a performance perspective.

This. Of course. The vast majority of Scoopers thought Wojo should have been fired.

But yes, it was a pretty big surprise from a financial perspective. To me, at least.

Those who claim it wasn't very surprising at all ... I don't remember many of them saying in late Feb or early Mar that they were certain he'd get canned. Even most of the biggest nojos were like, "This sucks. We're going nowhere. And we're gonna be stuck with him."
There were 681 attempts to ban or restrict access to a record 1,651 different books in schools through August of this year. What books? Mainly those written by or about people of color or that deal with LGBTQ issues.

BAN ASSAULT RIFLES, NOT BOOKS!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2022, 01:39:20 PM »
This podcast gives a brief update on Wojo  Said he coached his sons sixth grade team and was the most satisfying season ever. He also takes about Theo before going into Duke Matters

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/steve-wojciechowski-on-coach-ks-legacy-this-years-duke/id1601298071?i=1000551859214
Vote for Pedro

#Unleash?

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2022, 02:23:05 PM »
This podcast gives a brief update on Wojo  Said he coached his sons sixth grade team and was the most satisfying season ever.

Well I'm glad that wojo finally found a level where he won't be outcoached on a regular basis.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2022, 02:30:57 PM »
MU82 would have given him a run.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Vote for Pedro

Uncle Rico

• All American
Tis a shame, 'tis a rotton shame, for if ye can enjoy the walkin’ ye can probably enjoy the other times in yer life when ve're in between. And that's most o' the time; wouldn't ye say?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2022, 12:26:25 PM »

feedback