[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another day ... / mass shooting  (Read 34126 times)

MU82

• All American
Another day ... / mass shooting
« on: March 23, 2021, 06:37:48 AM »
... another mass shooting in America.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 10:33:51 AM by mu_hilltopper »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Another day ...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 06:50:56 AM »
....another criminal that wouldn't follow any laws against guns or murder no matter how strong they are.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 07:39:19 AM »
Another sign we are returning to normal.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

shoothoops

• All American
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 08:33:27 AM by shoothoops »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 08:26:13 AM »
....another criminal that wouldn't follow any laws against guns or murder no matter how strong they are.
100% agree. Why people just can't accept that it's normal to arm deranged (mostly) white men with weapons capable of killing large numbers of people is beyond me. Having strong gun laws and moving mass amounts of federal $ towards mental health is a waste and should be fought at every opportunity.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 09:12:43 AM »
100% agree. Why people just can't accept that it's normal to arm deranged (mostly) white men with weapons capable of killing large numbers of people is beyond me. Having strong gun laws and moving mass amounts of federal $ towards mental health is a waste and should be fought at every opportunity.

Why people don't understand that criminals don't follow the law is beyond me.

If someone is demented enough to go shoot up a building, they are going to buy a gun however they can. 

They.
Don't.
Follow.
The law.

Agree mental health needs to be a focus.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 09:28:41 AM »
Ah yes, more brilliant "why do we even have laws?" logic.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 09:30:53 AM »
Why people don't understand that criminals don't follow the law is beyond me.

If someone is demented enough to go shoot up a building, they are going to buy a gun however they can. 

They.
Don't.
Follow.
The law.

Agree mental health needs to be a focus.
Again 100% agree. Zero chance we change the gun culture in this country and we shouldn't try to. We need to accept that this is normal and move on.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 09:41:00 AM »
Stricter gun laws work in preventing mass murders all over the world.  But they wouldn't work in America.

Logic is not your strength Ziggy.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 09:48:54 AM »
Again 100% agree. Zero chance we change the gun culture in this country and we shouldn't try to. We need to accept that this is normal and move on.
You clearly aren't thinking far enough ahead. Since criminals don't follow laws, the only possible solution is to not even bother with laws at all. If we have laws criminals will just break them! What's the point of laws???
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

shoothoops

• All American

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 10:14:22 AM »
You clearly aren't thinking far enough ahead. Since criminals don't follow laws, the only possible solution is to not even bother with laws at all. If we have laws criminals will just break them! What's the point of laws???
Especially when it comes to things like domestic abuse or sexual assault. Humans have been dealing with those for tens of thousands of years, we've demonstrated over those millennia that it isn't going to change and our current laws don't stop people who abuse. Facts don't lie!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 10:15:58 AM »
Stricter gun laws work in preventing mass murders all over the world.  But they wouldn't work in America.

Logic is not your strength Ziggy.

No, they just use knives, machetes and trucks to kill.  Look at England.

Talk about logic.  How many people have thought "damn, I was going to kill those people but suddenly remembered that murder is against the law.  I think I'll go have a soda pop instead."

Did I advocate for no laws?  Talk about a typical tsmith strawman.   ::)

FTR, I don't own a gun, don't plan on owning a gun, and do not support the NRA.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 10:29:36 AM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2021, 10:30:43 AM »

Talk about logic.  How many people have thought "damn, I was going to kill those people but suddenly remembered that murder is against the law.  I think I'll go have a soda pop instead."

I could be wrong but with a knife or machete it would seem you have a fighting chance, distance yourself, a well timed block, etc. not to mention it would seem exceedingly more difficult to stab a ton of people to death without getting either overwhelmed by a group, or having everyone run away.

Between the rock of a gun (especially high capacity magazine guns) and hard place of knife or machete I would choose the later.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 11:01:59 AM »
I could be wrong but with a knife or machete it would seem you have a fighting chance, distance yourself, a well timed block, etc. not to mention it would seem exceedingly more difficult to stab a ton of people to death without getting either overwhelmed by a group, or having everyone run away.

Between the rock of a gun (especially high capacity magazine guns) and hard place of knife or machete I would choose the later.

Do a truck next.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 11:09:19 AM »
Do a truck next.

We're already using them. See Charlottesville. So I'm not quite sure what your broader point is there? It's also not the easiest thing to take out dozens of people in a theater or school with a truck. Luckily we also have a lot of those anti terrorism concrete pillars around populated areas from the first World Trade Center bombing.

I mean we can sit here and figure out way after way that person could kill someone, "What if they just got really strong and learned MMA?!" But at the end of the day I'd personally prefer one less way that doesn't give people a fighting chance at survival.

For the record I'm not advocating we ban guns, I think a buyback program could be good for a lot of them so they aren't sold second hand to idiots as well as think high capacity magazines can be taken down. Some other restrictions as well but not an outright ban.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:12:33 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 11:20:28 AM »
We're already using them. See Charlottesville. So I'm not quite sure what your broader point is there? It's also not the easiest thing to take out dozens of people in a theater or school with a truck. Luckily we also have a lot of those anti terrorism concrete pillars around populated areas from the first World Trade Center bombing.

I mean we can sit here and figure out way after way that person could kill someone, "What if they just got really strong and learned MMA?!" But at the end of the day I'd personally prefer one less way that doesn't give people a fighting chance at survival.

For the record I'm not advocating we ban guns, I think a buyback program could be good for a lot of them so they aren't sold second hand to idiots as well as think high capacity magazines can be taken down. Some other restrictions as well but not an outright ban.

I generally agree with your last paragraph.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2021, 12:04:44 PM »

No, no, you were right the first time. Criminals break laws! Therefore we shouldn't even bother with guns laws. What's the point?? Criminals will break them! We're helpless.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2021, 12:23:09 PM »
Well, it wasn't a white trump supporter, so this story will disappear.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2021, 12:32:16 PM »
batting 1.000 with me today Ziggy! The MSM will bury this because of his skin color - happens all the time. Though, unlike mass shootings, I think this is the real threat to our way of life and we should fight to make sure this story i.e. non white, non Trump supporters getting a pass by the MSM because of political correctness never dies down.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2021, 12:45:41 PM »

Yeah because nobody remembers the Boston marathon bombings...
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2021, 12:50:13 PM »
Yeah because nobody remembers the Boston marathon bombings...

Ban pressure cookers, hey?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2021, 01:05:31 PM »
No, it'll just get shoved back in the que with the next mass shooting, scheduled to occur in 3..2..1..

The Colorado attack is the 7th mass shooting in 7 days in the US
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/us/7-mass-shootings-7-days-trnd/index.html

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2021, 01:08:15 PM »
Classic "No way to prevent this, says only nation where this regularly occurs" moment. The Onion has gotten ALOT of milage out of that doozy.

feedback