[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Faces Pushback on Faculty Cuts  (Read 25319 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Marquette Faces Pushback on Faculty Cuts
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2021, 09:58:49 AM »
How many are there now, Chick?

Off the top of my head I am going to guess about 150-175 per class.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2021, 10:06:36 AM »
I still have a dream that my high school reached out to MU that I never actually graduated HS and MU and NUIG then void my bachelors and masters and I need to repeat HS, then meet whatever new requirements there are to graduate from MU which I then fail.

It's dreams like this that cause me to drink.

My dream is that at the beginning of the semester I lose my copy of my class schedule and I'm like "that's okay, I have it memorized." Then late in the semester I discover that I have forgotten about one course - and it's always a Math class.

Also, the night before very important tests (including the CPA exam), I would often have a dream in which I overslept and missed it. That one was especially realistic and scary because at the beginning of the dream, I am waking up.
Have some patience, FFS.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2021, 12:08:32 PM »
I used to have the one about having a final in a class I never attended.    That one ended when I beat my department's version of the Koboyashi Maru.     When I dream about college now, I find myself, at my current age, getting stuck in a freshman dorm.   Probably a symbol for me getting old.

had a similar one a few months ago - living in McCormick, being put in engineering math classes (my freshman roommate was an Engineer), bombing Dr. Naylor's exams. I'm only 26 years removed from that. Go figure...

I have a version of that. I'm in my second semester senior year and I forgot about a class that was needed for graduation. I get halfway through the semester and suddenly remember -- oops. What an awful dream especially since I had to find a way to pay for another semester.

One of my best friends in law school didn't properly register for a class our last semester, but he went every day and got a B on the exam. The school wouldn't let him get credit and he had to take it over the summer.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2021, 01:32:40 PM »
had a similar one a few months ago - living in McCormick, being put in engineering math classes (my freshman roommate was an Engineer), bombing Dr. Naylor's exams. I'm only 26 years removed from that. Go figure...

One of my best friends in law school didn't properly register for a class our last semester, but he went every day and got a B on the exam. The school wouldn't let him get credit and he had to take it over the summer.

So youre saying my worst nightmare could be a reality  :-\
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2021, 01:59:49 PM »
So youre saying my worst nightmare could be a reality  :-\

I think you're a little more aware than he is!  When our group heard about the situation none of us were really surprised that was something he'd do.

However, I did have a UCG scare. I turned in my term paper along with my roommates to my Euro Politics prof. I get my transcript when I'm back in the US and had a 0 for my grade. I called her and it turned out she thought the papers I turned in were all my roommates so she clipped them together and didn't see mine. Thankfully that got solved!
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GOO

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 09, 2021, 07:59:02 AM »
My dream is that at the beginning of the semester I lose my copy of my class schedule and I'm like "that's okay, I have it memorized." Then late in the semester I discover that I have forgotten about one course - and it's always a Math class.

Also, the night before very important tests (including the CPA exam), I would often have a dream in which I overslept and missed it. That one was especially realistic and scary because at the beginning of the dream, I am waking up.

I can relate. I used to have a dream that the day before a final or maybe the day of a final I realized I had a course that I had forgotten about and never attended. I must’ve had this dream a dozen times or more. But not the last few decades, which is nice. I guess I’m just getting old :-)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2021, 08:06:46 AM »
Marquette announced a $750 million fundraising campaign yesterday.  And you don't announce those things unless you are reasonably sure you can reach the goal.

Looks like fundraising is going well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2021, 08:53:30 AM »
Marquette announced a $750 million fundraising campaign yesterday.  And you don't announce those things unless you are reasonably sure you can reach the goal.

They actually announced it a number of years ago and are 60% of the way there already. This is just the public phase. Meaning it's the whiny Scoopers time to step up.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2021, 09:03:58 AM »

That’s great. I had heard some critical of Lovell’s fund raising, but it seems like things have turned around.

I didn’t see the large B&G fund donation highlighted by MU in their post about recent donations.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2021, 09:26:07 AM »
I can relate. I used to have a dream that the day before a final or maybe the day of a final I realized I had a course that I had forgotten about and never attended. I must’ve had this dream a dozen times or more. But not the last few decades, which is nice. I guess I’m just getting old :-)

I still have a dream that my high school reached out to MU that I never actually graduated HS and MU and NUIG then void my bachelors and masters and I need to repeat HS, then meet whatever new requirements there are to graduate from MU which I then fail.

It's dreams like this that cause me to drink.

These are not dreams, dreams are pleasant; these are nightmares.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys