[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2021 Transfer Portal  (Read 272061 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 2021 Transfer Portal
« Reply #1175 on: May 03, 2021, 11:49:03 PM »
Sure, but you first. Thanks!

I haven’t made a definitive statement either way, because I admit don’t know.

You say you do know, which is great. Please provide something to back up your statement. Thanks!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #1176 on: May 04, 2021, 12:00:48 AM »
I haven’t made a definitive statement either way, because I admit don’t know.

You say you do know, which is great. Please provide something to back up your statement. Thanks!

Sometimes I try to wrap my head around what it would be like to be the kind of person who trolls a low-volume college basketball message board. Any details you could share?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1177 on: May 04, 2021, 06:18:42 AM »
Everyone, next year is irrelevant, aside from Shaka building the culture he wants.

Results will come.  Be patient.

By year three we should know what this group has.  And I expect this group will have a lot.

Ohh joy. We have to wait three years again? I’m sick of waiting.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #1178 on: May 04, 2021, 07:44:12 AM »
Sometimes I try to wrap my head around what it would be like to be the kind of person who trolls a low-volume college basketball message board. Any details you could share?

Looks like you arrived at a conclusion about that while shaving yesterday.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #1179 on: May 04, 2021, 12:01:57 PM »
Texas AandM for Jordan Hall

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1180 on: May 04, 2021, 03:37:27 PM »

In one of your first Scoop posts in a decade, you say you are certain that "Garcia isn't leaving." You are asked how you know. You refuse to say, and you respond by accusing others of trolling.

Thanks for sharing not just details but a blueprint on how to be an interwebs troll.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #1181 on: May 04, 2021, 08:48:16 PM »
In one of your first Scoop posts in a decade, you say you are certain that "Garcia isn't leaving." You are asked how you know. You refuse to say, and you respond by accusing others of trolling.

Thanks for sharing not just details but a blueprint on how to be an interwebs troll.

Good one! No more posting from you please. Thanks!

blue and gold

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1182 on: May 04, 2021, 09:24:58 PM »

Good one! No more posting from you please. Thanks!

Why are you advocating the silencing of a fellow poster?

Isn't it better to debate someone rather than to silence someone?

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #1183 on: May 04, 2021, 09:53:49 PM »
Nope, cause he doesn't have anything to back up what he says. Doesn't have dick-all to say. So let's respond tough like a tough guy to defend his baseless original post. Just dumb.

muspc2

• Walk-On
« Reply #1184 on: May 05, 2021, 11:00:10 AM »
    There are opposing views as to whether Dawson Garcia is definitely turning pro now, or whether he is returning to MU for at least one more year. Another question is would at least another year at MU better serve Dawson's overall career? Put another way, would a year operating under Shaka better highlight his capabilities  to the extent that he is seen as a legitimate prospect to stick around the NBA a few years rather than just another good player who will make money somewhere in the world.                 
     Perhaps posters who have seen Dawson play through high school and AAU can better project, but just going on DG's play under WOJO in a very limited season it would seem he could put forward better play before deeming himself ready to audition for the NBA. Like most freshmen DG seemed overwhelmed and not even ready for the Big East in the beginning, but he was definitely improving as the season went on. WOJO's idea as to how to use him may have been attractive to DG, but perhaps it simply played into the prevalent mindset that just because a player is 6' 11" does not mean he has to be a back to the basket low post player in college. A taller player who shows he  can also shoot from outside probably has a better chance at the pros, but defense, rebounding and overall footspeed would seem to figure in to whether a 6' 11" player will a chance to have more than a cup of coffee in the NBA.
    Selfishly it would probably serve MU better to have DG next year. But is Dawson fast enough, or rebound and defend well enough to thrive in a quicker style of play that Shaka would seem to favor? Not to doubt Dawson's talents, but would his talents lend themselves to a constantly hustling style rather than the walk it up and exhaust the shot clock style we saw him in? Even on defense the entire MU team seemed to be jogging  back even if the opposition was racing up the court. There were times when MU players had their backs turned as an opposing player streaked to the basket. 
    Would another MU year showcase DG's talents, or would it only confirm that while he would be a very good multi-year NCAA player, his professional ceiling is somewhat limited?

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #1185 on: May 05, 2021, 11:14:23 AM »
Nope, cause he doesn't have anything to back up what he says. Doesn't have dick-all to say. So let's respond tough like a tough guy to defend his baseless original post. Just dumb.

Love the defense of all-board troll MU82. Many posters here spout off with certainly that Garcia is gone. Why haven’t you asked them for a source? His departure has become an assumption based on nothing but hiveminding scoopers.

I heard that Garcia is expected to return from a friend close to the program. Just like the source of every rumor or claim to inside info in the history of this forum. What were you expecting, that I’d tell you I was Shaka’s brother in law? Maybe post a pic of us fishing together?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 11:17:31 AM by TwoWords »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1186 on: May 05, 2021, 11:17:14 AM »
Love the defense of all-board troll MU82. Many posters here spout off with certainly that Garcia is gone. Why haven’t you asked them for a source?

But since everyone asked so nicely — I heard about the expectation of Garcia’s return from a friend close to the program. Just like the source of every rumor or claim to inside info in the history of this forum. What were you expecting, that I’d tell you I was Shaka’s brother in law? Maybe post a pic of us fishing together?

Well I think that because Dawson is currently in the draft and hadn't posted anything related to Shaka's hire (not that that matters after DJ left despite all positive posting) is why people say he's gone.

If you have a close source to the program that's awesome, I think people just don't want to be broken hearted. DJ burned us, and nobody wants to get their hopes up again. But yes if you post a fishing photo of you two (ideally with a text from Dawson!) i think we'd all appreciate that.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 11:23:09 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1187 on: May 05, 2021, 11:20:38 AM »
Well I think that because Dawson is currently in the portal and hadn't posted anything related to Shaka's hire (not that that matters after DJ left despite all positive posting) is why people say he's gone.

I don't think Dawson is in the portal.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #1188 on: May 05, 2021, 11:22:01 AM »
Well I think that because Dawson is currently in the portal and hadn't posted anything related to Shaka's hire (not that that matters after DJ left despite all positive posting) is why people say he's gone.

If you have a close source to the program that's awesome, I think people just don't want to be broken hearted. DJ burned us, and nobody wants to get their hopes up again. But yes if you post a fishing photo of you two (ideally with a text from Dawson!) i think we'd all appreciate that.

Garcia hasn’t entered the portal, he’s declared for the NBA draft without hiring an agent. He could still enter the portal at any time, but that he hasn’t is good news for MU.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1189 on: May 05, 2021, 11:22:14 AM »
I don't think Dawson is in the portal.

Sorry I meant draft. Damn decaf coffee has me all over the place
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1190 on: May 05, 2021, 11:22:50 AM »
Garcia hasn’t entered the portal, he’s declared for the NBA draft without hiring an agent. He could still enter the portal at any time, but that he hasn’t is good news for MU.

Maigh Eo for Sam

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1191 on: May 05, 2021, 11:41:22 AM »

What's the point?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1192 on: May 05, 2021, 11:44:42 AM »
But is Dawson fast enough, or rebound and defend well enough to thrive in a quicker style of play that Shaka would seem to favor? Not to doubt Dawson's talents, but would his talents lend themselves to a constantly hustling style rather than the walk it up and exhaust the shot clock style we saw him in?

These are great questions. Shaka clearly thought so when he initially offered Garcia out of high school, but I do question if he has the lateral quickness to be anything other than a shot blocker. I don't think he has the fast twitch and court running you see in someone like Kur Kuath. While I'm not sure he's NBA ready, I'm also not sure this system would be best suited, at least initially, to showcase him for the next level.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1193 on: May 05, 2021, 11:45:27 AM »
What's the point?

As I wash down my lunch of a faux meat burger and carrot fries with a non alcoholic beer I ask myself that same question.
Maigh Eo for Sam

JTJ3

• Team Captain
« Reply #1194 on: May 05, 2021, 11:50:47 AM »
These are great questions. Shaka clearly thought so when he initially offered Garcia out of high school, but I do question if he has the lateral quickness to be anything other than a shot blocker. I don't think he has the fast twitch and court running you see in someone like Kur Kuath. While I'm not sure he's NBA ready, I'm also not sure this system would be best suited, at least initially, to showcase him for the next level.
I think the positive for Dawson would be he'd have to play the 5 and be a rim protector on defense for Shaka.  And if he can show improvement there, that would be huge for his nba future as he'd likely be forced into a lot of 5 minutes at the next level due to being 6'11 and not being anywhere close to quick enough to guard nba wings.

Now whether he views himself as a wing instead of a 5 is a different story I guess.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #1195 on: May 05, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »
Well I think that because Dawson is currently in the draft and hadn't posted anything related to Shaka's hire (not that that matters after DJ left despite all positive posting) is why people say he's gone.

A better picture would include those two fishing with Dawson cracking brewskies from the boat's amply stocked cooler
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1196 on: May 05, 2021, 02:06:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/1389959122943045639

jake lieberman
@jakelieberman2
Milwaukee transfer Te'Jon Lucas (
@too_smoove23
) has heard from the following schools, i'm told: BYU, Arkansas, Georgia, DePaul, St John's, Marquette, Pacific, College of Charleston, +.

Averaged 14.9 PPG, 4.6 RPG, and 5.8 RPG this season.

Tweet has a typo in it, he averaged 5.8 apg, not rpg. I could dig it. Was top 25 in assist rate last season despite terrible weapons around him. Did that while keeping the turnovers at a reasonable level. Don't see him being a big scoring threat at the BEast level but his distribution and defense would be welcome.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #1197 on: May 05, 2021, 02:09:28 PM »

jake lieberman
@jakelieberman2
@too_smoove23
) has heard from the following schools, i'm told: BYU, Arkansas, Georgia, DePaul, St John's, Marquette, Pacific, College of Charleston, +.

Tweet has a typo in it, he averaged 5.8 apg, not rpg. I could dig it. Was top 25 in assist rate last season despite terrible weapons around him. Did that while keeping the turnovers at a reasonable level. Don't see him being a big scoring threat at the BEast level but his distribution and defense would be welcome.
Agree.  His outside shooting is not very good.  But, he would be a nice pickup for the one year. An, would be nice to have a local guy.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:11:00 PM by Nukem2 »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1198 on: May 05, 2021, 02:09:36 PM »

jake lieberman
@jakelieberman2
@too_smoove23

Nah were way too far from his friends and family and current teammates...

Seriously though would be a decent get, played two years at Illinois with decent enough role player numbers.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #1199 on: May 05, 2021, 02:25:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1389235443808546821?s=20

Schools that have reached out to
@Cuse_MBB
 transfer Quincy Guerrier, who averaged 13.7 ppg and 8.4 rpg as a sophomore:

Alabama
Creighton
Marquette
Western Kentucky
Arizona State
Texas Tech
UGA

Florida and Illinois have reached out. He is in the NBA Draft without an agent.