[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread  (Read 183149 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread
« Reply #1200 on: July 31, 2021, 09:42:59 PM »
Yes.

And Yes.

But I'm not sad.  It's just sports/entertainment.  As a cubs fan, I've been trying to offer you suggestions on how to deal with the fact the Cards have no chance this year.  Cubs and Brewers fans can help you.  Reach out if needed.  We can help.

Actually I have asked for your specific suggestions many, many, many times in the exchange and you have yet to provide any. You keep posting and posting and posting without doing so.

One could play a drinking game counting how many times you have posted something vague and general and adding after that the Cardinals have no chance this year. It’s a bit strange. New post same thing regardless of anything else that’s in the post. New post same thing. You have added it to all of your posts obsessively.

I am not bothered in any way. I am all for any specific suggestions. I believe Fluffy mentioned Matt Carpenter. (He doesn’t have any trade value)

Despite the fact that only the Yankees in MLB have won more than the Cardinals, I don’t believe sports are only about winning the playoff championship or you are a loser.

I don’t believe all non Gold Medalists in the Olympics are “Losers.” Not even close.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1201 on: July 31, 2021, 10:03:10 PM »
Actually I have asked for your specific suggestions many, many, many times in the exchange and you have yet to provide any. You keep posting and posting and posting without doing so.

And you've replied to every one of my posts.  It's weird, almost like there's a forum here where we can all discuss things, but you seem to think only you can be "correct". 

Again, feel free to reach out if you need any help dealing with your sports disappointments.  It's ok.  It happens to a lot of men.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1202 on: July 31, 2021, 10:35:31 PM »
And you've replied to every one of my posts.  It's weird, almost like there's a forum here where we can all discuss things, but you seem to think only you can be "correct". 

Again, feel free to reach out if you need any help dealing with your sports disappointments.  It's ok.  It happens to a lot of men.

You said their trades were expensive when they weren’t. I gave specifics as to why they weren’t expensive

You suggested those trades were ‘t going to help their team. I never said they would or wouldn’t. I did ask what would you have specifically done instead.’, naming names. Seemed like a simple question at the time. Yet you still haven’t been able to answer it.

I’m all for suggestions, solutions, alternatives. I’ve asked you several times for them. That seems pretty open minded and open to suggestions.

I’m well aware I’ve been very fortunate and spoiled with sports in life, from playing, coaching, to fandom. For that I’m grateful. I think you are confusing and projecting your own previously mentioned disappointment.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1203 on: July 31, 2021, 10:42:25 PM »
You said their trades were expensive when they weren’t. I gave specifics as to why they weren’t expensive

I did not.  You  did try to explain them as somehow the only thing that could be done.  Which is not true.

You also seem to think it's my responsibility to google alternatives for your team - also not my job.

But letting you know that you're disagreeing (?) with me for nothing (or just to be disagreeable).  That's definitely my job.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1204 on: July 31, 2021, 10:59:55 PM »
I did not.  You  did try to explain them as somehow the only thing that could be done.  Which is not true.

You also seem to think it's my responsibility to google alternatives for your team - also not my job.

But letting you know that you're disagreeing (?) with me for nothing (or just to be disagreeable).  That's definitely my job.

“There are few things less productive in life than complaint without change.”

You said there were cheaper alternatives. It was pointed out to you by multiple people that these were low cost additions. Since you volunteered this vaguely, generally, I asked you to list some more specifically.

So let’s get this straight. You say there were cheaper options. Then when asked to name them, you don’t answer for numerous posts until you say it isn’t your job to name them. Lol.

If anyone is disagreeing to disagree, that’s be you based on the above.

You said you think all non Gold Medal Olympians are losers. I couldn’t disagree more with that. That isn’t me trying to be disagreeable. It’s not what I believe. It’s not even in the same stratosphere of what I believe.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 11:01:51 PM by shoothoops »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1205 on: August 01, 2021, 12:22:04 AM »
If anyone is disagreeing to disagree, that’s be you based on the above.

"That's be you". hah.  Let's go back to my initial, and as you point out - only - and repetitive comment to your verbal diarrhea.

To eat innings for a non-contending team. Interesting strategy.

And yes.  We're all losers.  The degree of "loser" varies. If you don't win, you lose.  But we'll give you a participation ribbon!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1206 on: August 01, 2021, 12:31:05 AM »
SHHH.  Don't send up the bat signal

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1208 on: August 01, 2021, 01:23:49 AM »
Don't think anyone expected the Cubs and cards to be sub .500 teams this year.

Sub .500 teams?  Depends on the projection system. No one expected either team to be particularly good.

That really doesn’t have anything to do about the point of the post - the Rays do a lot with very little.

And if your point is the NL Central is tougher than the AL East, it’s typically not.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1209 on: August 01, 2021, 08:36:39 AM »

You’ll be waiting a long time if you are waiting for me to scapegoat less supported places or things or people on this board to please an individual person or group.

I’ve lived in, and, have visited a lot of places.

When I talk about Texas I don’t see you posting photos bat signal photos of Buc-ee’s or H-E-B. I wonder why that is.

I get it. I do. Marquette wasn’t, and, unfortunately still isn’t the most geographically diverse student body compared to some other more National and International Schools. That increases the chances and likelihood of people Illinois and Wisconsin posters, which make up roughly three fourths of the student body.

Some fanatical people feel more secure when scapegoating the less supported thing, people, or place.

St. Louis has had a lot of sports success over the years, often at the expense of some of the more supported teams here. Therefore for a few to some, their team or city is a place to out down to try to lift themselves up. I get it I do. But that isn’t my thing.

In this particular example, the team in question isn’t even all that relevant. Another poster has posted the same thing many times. Clearly the actions of a particular team has bothered that poster enough to keep posting about it.

You’ve posted, many, many times back and forth long threads about an individual topic. Because that subject isn’t an often scapegoated, less supported subject, it will have a different effect.

Pick any random example. If the discussion is a place such as New York City or D.C. or L.A. it’s more positive back and forth crickets with a few dissenters.

Rocky’s posts seem to be less about wanting an actual specific discussion, and more about projecting his disappointment in the Cubs. That’s more of an issue for Rocky than me.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1210 on: August 01, 2021, 08:42:11 AM »
You’ll be waiting a long time if you are waiting for me to scapegoat less supported places or things or people on this board to please an individual person or group.

When I talk about Texas I don’t see you posting photos bat signal photos of Buc-ee’s or H-E-B. I wonder why that is.

I get it. I do. Marquette wasn’t, and, unfortunately still isn’t the most geographically diverse student body compared to some other more National and International Schools. That increases the chances and likelihood of people Illinois and Wisconsin posters, which make up roughly three fourths of the student body.

Some fanatical people feel more secure when scapegoating the less supported thing, people, or place.

St. Louis has had a lot of sports success over the years, often at the expense of some of the more supported teams here. Therefore for a few to some, their team or city is a place to out down to try to lift themselves up. I get it I do. But that isn’t my thing.

In this particular example, the team in question isn’t even all that relevant. Another poster has posted the same thing many times. Clearly the actions of a particular team has bothered that poster enough to keep posting about it.

You’ve posted, many, many times back and forth long threads about an individual topic. Because that subject isn’t an often scapegoated, less supported subject, it will have a different effect.

Pick any random example. If the discussion is a place such as New York City or D.C. or L.A. it’s more positive back and forth crickets with a few dissenters.

Rocky’s posts seem to be less about wanting an actual specific discussion, and more about projecting his disappointment in the Cubs. That’s more of an issue for Rocky than me.

Oh FFS, are you kidding me?

I agree kinda agree with your initial point about what the Cardinals are doing and why they are doing it, but man you are insufferable.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1211 on: August 01, 2021, 08:42:40 AM »
St Louis makes Cleveland look like a utopia.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1212 on: August 01, 2021, 08:48:41 AM »
Are we counting vacated wins? "The Cardinal Way" boasts two of the biggest cheating (caught) alums in MLB history.

Oh, their pizza and beer also suck.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 08:53:48 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1213 on: August 01, 2021, 08:50:17 AM »

"That's be you". hah.  Let's go back to my initial, and as you point out - only - and repetitive comment to your verbal diarrhea.

And yes.  We're all losers.  The degree of "loser" varies. If you don't win, you lose.  But we'll give you a participation ribbon!

Your posts seem to be more about projecting your Cubs disappointment than anything else.

I’m not disappointed. That’s what I don’t think you understand.

Mykala Skinner won Silver in Vault this morning. Tremendous.

You remind me of the reporter in the movie “The Natural.” Roy Hobbs asks the reporter, Gus, “Did you ever play ball Gus?” And Gus replies, “No, I never did.”

There is of course is a massive difference between a participation ribbon and calling people losers. But you are unable to see that.

We’re here because you haven’t been able to answer a simple sincere question. You said you would’t do this or that. Ok, sounds as though you have a good specific alternative. When asked you didn’t have one. In the end it was more about projecting your Cubs disappointment on to the team that has had a lot of success at their expense over the years, and less about adding to the actual topic. I took your initial post as matter of fact subject neutral. And that it would be followed up with try this or that etc…but that’s not what it was really about for you.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 09:06:30 AM by shoothoops »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1214 on: August 01, 2021, 08:51:21 AM »
St Louis makes Cleveland look like a utopia.

Right on time. Thanks for illustrating the point.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1215 on: August 01, 2021, 08:51:46 AM »
Are we counting vacated
wins? "The Cardinal Way" boasts two of the biggest cheating (caught) alums in MLB history.

Oh, their pizza and beer also suck.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1216 on: August 01, 2021, 08:53:45 AM »

Yeah, but who won?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1217 on: August 01, 2021, 08:55:29 AM »
Yeah, but who won?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1218 on: August 01, 2021, 08:56:50 AM »
At least the length of post to say the same thing over and over has been truncated.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1219 on: August 01, 2021, 09:01:46 AM »
At least the length of post to say the same thing over and over has been truncated.

You are the gift that keeps giving. Rocky said the same thing over and over, but crickets there.

Please keep posting and illustrating the point in a variety of different ways without even knowing it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1220 on: August 01, 2021, 09:11:11 AM »

He’s all riled up this morning.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1221 on: August 01, 2021, 09:25:30 AM »

Man, I was just catching up on this thread and saw the bat signal comment and thought it would be funny. I'm sure you speak about other places as well, but I'm sure you realize that you speak the most about St. Louis, hence the joke.

I don't think your St. Louis fandom is what rubs some people the wrong way. I think you could be exact same poster but do it about Milwaukee, Chicago, Miami, London, Timbuktu, and people would have similar reactions.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1222 on: August 01, 2021, 10:14:34 AM »
I posted the "Apu takes a bullet" meme about shoothoops and Molina, but clearly it's the whole city of St. Louis that has earned vigilant protection.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1223 on: August 01, 2021, 10:26:22 AM »
Your posts seem to be more about projecting your Cubs disappointment than anything else.

I’m not disappointed. That’s what I don’t think you understand.

You remind me of the reporter in the movie “The Natural.” Roy Hobbs asks the reporter, Gus, “Did you ever play ball Gus?” And Gus replies, “No, I never did.”

There is of course is a massive difference between a participation ribbon and calling people losers. But you are unable to see that.

We’re here because you haven’t been able to answer a simple sincere question. You said you would’t do this or that. Ok, sounds as though you have a good specific alternative. When asked you didn’t have one. In the end it was more about projecting your Cubs disappointment on to the team that has had a lot of success at their expense over the years, and less about adding to the actual topic. I took your initial post as matter of fact subject neutral. And that it would be followed up with try this or that etc…but that’s not what it was really about for you.

Talk about projecting...

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1224 on: August 01, 2021, 11:01:21 AM »
Man, I was just catching up on this thread and saw the bat signal comment and thought it would be funny. I'm sure you speak about other places as well, but I'm sure you realize that you speak the most about St. Louis, hence the joke.

I don't think your St. Louis fandom is what rubs some people the wrong way. I think you could be exact same poster but do it about Milwaukee, Chicago, Miami, London, Timbuktu, and people would have similar reactions.

Nah. Your post illustrated the point about a less supported subject.

And, it isn’t St. Louis fandom as much as it is not saying frequent negative things about it.

I’ve posted neutral or positive about many places. The difference is some of those places are more supported by more people here, or they are often met with indifference.

But if I post anything short of negative scapegoating about St. Louis as a place, its sports teams, anything about it, the insecure knee jerk people come out seeking group support. That doesn’t really affect me or how I post.

I like St. Louis. It’s a great place. I’ve lived there. I also like many other places. And I have lived many other places. (NYC, DC, L.A., Milwaukee, Chicago and so on etc..let alone places visited) None of them are perfect places. There aren’t any of those. But I enjoy several aspects of each place.

When some of the NYC and CT people here talk places or pizza with me, we don’t seem to have this sort of an issue. I wonder why that is. I talk about Texas too. Wherever. Insert example here.

It’s pretty wild how threatened some people are by anything neutral (as was this example) or positive about St. Louis.

The same can be said for posting about other sports as well. The difference is there aren’t many posters that either scapegoat that sport or specific people in it on a regular basis

feedback