[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread  (Read 182834 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: The Hey its 2021 now guys MLB thread
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2021, 01:35:33 PM »
Red Sox...woof.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #201 on: April 04, 2021, 04:55:44 PM »
Red Sox...woof.

Will they finish ahead of Baltimore? ;D

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2021, 07:52:29 PM »
Is it obviously racist because it closes the polls at 5:00 pm on Election Day?  That can’t be it, since the polls are open until 7 and if you’re in line at 7 you still get to vote.

Is it obviously racist because it eliminates drop boxes?  That can’t be it, since drop boxes are added so that all counties in Georgia now will have them when they didn’t have them in every county before this law.

Is it obviously racist because no one can bring food or water to someone in line?  That can’t be it either, since the law allows people to bring their own food and water, order it to be delivered, have family or friends bring it to them, allows water stations to exist and only prevents electioneering. 

Maybe it’s obviously racist because they cut down the number of days for early voting. That can’t be it either since Georgia increased the number of days for early voting.

Is it obviously racist because blacks don’t favor voter ID? That can’t be since almost 70% of black people favor voter ID.

It’s obviously racist because The NY Times and other media says it is. It’s obviously racist because Biden didn’t read the law or what is in it, rather relying on repeating talking points that fit his narrative. It’s obviously racist because Delta Airlines pops off about it for the same reason before admitting they hadn’t read the actual law.

Those who want to criticize the law can criticize it. But at least do it in a truthful way.

Thank you.   +1000
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2021, 08:06:45 PM »
Thank you.   +1000

Lol...  For what?  Stating falsehoods that were already shown to be wrong?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #204 on: April 04, 2021, 09:00:02 PM »
Thank you.   +1000
A series of non negotiable facts:
1 - GA goes D for Prez and both Senate seats
2 - Historic Black voter turnout is the primary driving force
3 - GA election results are certified by R election officials
4 - GA election results are challenged
5 - GA election results are audited and verified
6 - GA election results are challenged in the legal system
7 - Challenges fail to prove any issue with voting process, or fraud, or unlawful rules, etc.
8 - GA R state legislature responds by changing the voting rules/laws

Throw these non negotiable facts under the umbrella of "the more people who vote the less chance R's win" and you can see why, collectively, it is viewed as racist.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 09:06:32 PM by naginiF »

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #205 on: April 04, 2021, 09:04:40 PM »
Sure. Or just flip a coin at home plate before the game the 10th inning and the winner gets the W.

FIFY

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #206 on: April 04, 2021, 09:11:32 PM »
Maybe Ohtani is the legend he was purported to be.

Tonight he threw the fastest pitch recorded this season and hit the hardest ball so far.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #207 on: April 04, 2021, 09:37:24 PM »
Well, this is an interesting 5th inning in Anaheim.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #208 on: April 04, 2021, 11:37:06 PM »
Angels tried real, real hard to lose that game ... but the White Sox just wouldn't let them.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #209 on: April 04, 2021, 11:40:47 PM »
It’s only four games, but this Sox team has a lot of problems. One of the bigger ones is Yoan Moncada is no bueno.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2021, 01:23:22 AM »
Castellanos overreacted to getting hit by the pitch earlier in the game. After getting hit by the pitch, he overreacted by tossing the ball back to the pitcher. Later when scoring from 3rd on a wild pitch, he stood over the pitcher (who slid in for the tag) and woofed at him.
"Why would he go back in there?" Well because he was the one who created something out of nothing. When others were not on the ground, or standing, or approaching, he wasn't all that interested in woofing any longer.

No team is going to put up with that.

After the game, a not so woofy Castellanos said, "That guy (Molina) could have punched me in the face and I still would have asked him for a signed jersey."

Your obsession and angst with all things St. Louis continues.

And on Sunday Castellanos overreacted by hitting a 3 run homer and a triple . His statement about Jadier was a statement of respect. "He's a boss".

11 years ago the Reds and Cards had a big brawl culminating in a incident between Johnny Cueto and Jason La Rue. 11 years later they do it again. And the same fellow triggered both brawls- Jadier Molina. 

Castellanos went 6 for 11 in the series, scoring six runs and driving in five. He homered twice, tripled and doubled. Next time, might want to pitch around that Greek.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2021, 08:52:20 AM »
And on Sunday Castellanos overreacted by hitting a 3 run homer and a triple . His statement about Jadier was a statement of respect. "He's a boss".

11 years ago the Reds and Cards had a big brawl culminating in a incident between Johnny Cueto and Jason La Rue. 11 years later they do it again. And the same fellow triggered both brawls- Jadier Molina. 

Castellanos went 6 for 11 in the series, scoring six runs and driving in five. He homered twice, tripled and doubled. Next time, might want to pitch around that Greek.

11 years is a long time to carry your Yadier Molina angst. I get it. Or, is it 17? 17 completed seasons, 16 winning records, 11 playoff appearances, 4 NL Pennants, 2 World Series Titles all in that time. That's tough take when the Reds have had 4 winning records, 4 playoff appearances, 0 NL Pennants, 0 World Series Titles in that same 17 seasons. This might be his last season before is HOF wait time, so you have that at least. I heard Molina hired Wojo and changed the name to Golden Eagles too.

If one woofs, one has to be prepared to be taken up on it. This is universal in life.

11 years ago, Brandon Phillips went on rants about hating a team, calling them names, bitches etc...and then he went out the next day in person all smiles and tapped the opposing team's catcher twice with his bat, even after Molina asked him not to do so. What did you think would happen?

Saturday Castellanos tossed a ball back to a pitcher after being HBP, and later stood over a player that was on the ground and woofed. What did you think would happen? (By the way, Nolan Arenado is the player that wanted to take a stroll with Castellanos)

But the Reds have a 2-1 record after 3 games, their 5th winning record in the past two decades. Stop the count.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 09:22:29 AM by shoothoops »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2021, 09:29:44 AM »
Teams need to to respect St. Louis and learn to play baseball the Cardinal”s way. Then Molina wouldn’t be required to police everyone else.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #213 on: April 05, 2021, 09:46:18 AM »
Going to great lengths to prove that Molina isn't a douche. Spoiler, he is.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #214 on: April 05, 2021, 09:53:50 AM »
Molina's getting long in the tooth, but I'd have taken him on my team for his great career. A winner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #215 on: April 05, 2021, 10:00:09 AM »
Molina's getting long in the tooth, but I'd have taken him on my team for his great career. A winner.

He definitely has some...shall we say, *interesting*...ways of being a great defensive catcher.  Balls miraculously seem to just stick to his chest protector when he's blocking baseballs.  Pitchers have to absolutely love knowing the ball will never go anywhere if they bounce one when Yadi is behind the plate.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #216 on: April 05, 2021, 10:23:27 AM »
Going to great lengths to prove that Molina isn't a douche. Spoiler, he is.

"If the cubs had a choice between the brewers missing the playoffs or the cards losing their 100 game. We'd choose the cards losing 100."

It's been a long 17 seasons for you. (or really a long century) I understand.

I heard Molina thinks Marquette University is in Michigan.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 10:25:08 AM by shoothoops »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2021, 10:52:41 AM »
He definitely has some...shall we say, *interesting*...ways of being a great defensive catcher.  Balls miraculously seem to just stick to his chest protector when he's blocking baseballs.  Pitchers have to absolutely love knowing the ball will never go anywhere if they bounce one when Yadi is behind the plate.

Not following you, wades.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2021, 11:17:29 AM »
Not following you, wades.

You have to first open with Cubs or Brewers? (Although there was a rare nature channel like sighting today of a Cincinnati Reds fan)  The rest of MLB across the country is indifferent.

I believe he is attributing Molina's success the past 17 seasons to bending the rules, in particular, by putting a foreign substance on his chest protector...if I am reading that correctly. He may even post a clip of a ball being stuck to his chest protector if you're lucky. (Fingers crossed)

i heard Yadier Molina is the reason Marquette doesn't have a Division 1 Baseball Program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2021, 11:25:07 AM »
I believe he is attributing Molina's success the past 17 seasons to bending the rules, in particular, by putting a foreign substance on his chest protector...if I am reading that correctly. He may even post a clip of a ball being stuck to his chest protector if you're lucky. (Fingers crossed)

Ah. I'm not gonna get involved in your argument with wades. All I said was I'd have taken Yadi Molina on my team most of the last two decades, and I'll stay with that.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #220 on: April 05, 2021, 11:53:17 AM »
Ah. I'm not gonna get involved in your argument with wades. All I said was I'd have taken Yadi Molina on my team most of the last two decades, and I'll stay with that.

I am not in an argument. 👍 I am not bothered by Molina, or the Cardinals, or the Cubs, or the Brewers, or any any other MLB team.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 11:58:45 AM by shoothoops »

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2021, 07:22:11 PM »
11 years is a long time to carry your Yadier Molina angst. I get it. Or, is it 17? 17 completed seasons, 16 winning records, 11 playoff appearances, 4 NL Pennants, 2 World Series Titles all in that time. That's tough take when the Reds have had 4 winning records, 4 playoff appearances, 0 NL Pennants, 0 World Series Titles in that same 17 seasons. This might be his last season before is HOF wait time, so you have that at least. I heard Molina hired Wojo and changed the name to Golden Eagles too.

If one woofs, one has to be prepared to be taken up on it. This is universal in life.

11 years ago, Brandon Phillips went on rants about hating a team, calling them names, bitches etc...and then he went out the next day in person all smiles and tapped the opposing team's catcher twice with his bat, even after Molina asked him not to do so. What did you think would happen?

Saturday Castellanos tossed a ball back to a pitcher after being HBP, and later stood over a player that was on the ground and woofed. What did you think would happen? (By the way, Nolan Arenado is the player that wanted to take a stroll with Castellanos)

But the Reds have a 2-1 record after 3 games, their 5th winning record in the past two decades. Stop the count.

Damn the torpedoes , full spleen ahead. You've got me all wrong, Sparky , Yadier could play on my team any day. He's no Bench of course, but he'll do.
That being said, upon further review, the whiny Redbirds still suck. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 07:28:05 PM by Mutaman »

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2021, 07:25:55 PM »
Teams need to to respect St. Louis and learn to play baseball the Cardinal”s way. Then Molina wouldn’t be required to police everyone else.

Playing baseball the Cardinals' way:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/chicago-cubs/cardinals-slapped-heavy-penalties-mlb-hacking-scandal

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #223 on: April 05, 2021, 07:42:11 PM »
Damn the torpedoes , full spleen ahead. You've got me all wrong, Sparky , Yadier could play on my team any day. He's no Bench of course, but he'll do.
That being said, upon further review, the whiny Redbirds still suck.

Hmm...with his 382nd career double tonight, in Miami, Yadier Molina has moved into 8th place all time for Doubles by an MLB Catcher, surpassing, wait for it, Johnny Bench.

Molina was seen standing on 2nd base, appearing to thank MUScoop for their continued support. 👍✌️

https://twitter.com/cardinals/status/1379208021927149576?s=21

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 07:50:39 PM by shoothoops »

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #224 on: April 05, 2021, 08:46:22 PM »
Hmm...with his 382nd career double tonight, in Miami, Yadier Molina has moved into 8th place all time for Doubles by an MLB Catcher, surpassing, wait for it, Johnny Bench.

Molina was seen standing on 2nd base, appearing to thank MUScoop for their continued support. 👍✌️

https://twitter.com/cardinals/status/1379208021927149576?s=21

kudos to Molina but like George Anderson said after sweeping the Yankees in the 76 series: "Don't embarrass another ballplayer by trying to compare him to Johnny bench".

feedback