[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by MU82
[Today at 01:55:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 152150 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Hauser Brothers 2021 Thread
« Reply #550 on: July 30, 2021, 08:06:27 AM »
Oh boy.  I listen to Lowe's podcast pretty consistently and multiple times him and/or his guest this season would talk about "what's wrong with the Celtics."  They always talked about how the Celtics were last in the NBA in the "hockey assist" and in the number of passes.  Has Sam written his letter telling his coach how the game is meant to be played yet?  Or did he get to have a sit down with Udoka discussing how Udoka should run his team before he decided to sign with the Celtics?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #551 on: July 30, 2021, 08:30:28 AM »
Oh boy.  I listen to Lowe's podcast pretty consistently and multiple times him and/or his guest this season would talk about "what's wrong with the Celtics."  They always talked about how the Celtics were last in the NBA in the "hockey assist" and in the number of passes.  Has Sam written his letter telling his coach how the game is meant to be played yet?  Or did he get to have a sit down with Udoka discussing how Udoka should run his team before he decided to sign with the Celtics?

It's incredible to me that people are still dragging a family from SPASH that sent their kids to play for Izzo & Tony Bennett. 

It's about team. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #552 on: July 30, 2021, 08:38:54 AM »
It's incredible to me that people are still dragging a family from SPASH that sent their kids to play for Izzo & Tony Bennett. 

It's about team.

They got it right.  Combined to win exactly the same number of NCAA Tournament games under their new HOF coaches as they did at MU.

Maybe they were part of the issue...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #553 on: July 30, 2021, 08:57:42 AM »

It's about team.

Nothing says "It's about team" like "I'm gonna leave my team because I'm not getting enough shots."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #554 on: July 30, 2021, 09:33:26 AM »
An interesting comparison/contrast:

Simone Biles and the Olympics vs Hauser bros and Marquette bball

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #555 on: July 30, 2021, 10:50:56 AM »
An interesting comparison/contrast:

Simone Biles and the Olympics vs Hauser bros and Marquette bball

Safety/mental health vs 'gimmie the ball'

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #556 on: July 30, 2021, 11:07:47 AM »
Safety/mental health vs 'gimmie the ball'

Simone would get a lot more sympathy if she played for Al McGuire
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #557 on: July 30, 2021, 11:35:55 AM »
Wojo would have Simone jacking up shots every time down the floor.  It's not every season that you get a world-class talent like that...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #558 on: July 30, 2021, 12:19:46 PM »
Simone would get a lot more sympathy if she played for Al McGuire

Funny post, Unc.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #559 on: July 30, 2021, 02:22:24 PM »
Nothing says "It's about team" like "I'm gonna leave my team because I'm not getting enough shots."

And goes off to UVA and MSU.  For F's sake they didn't go to Iowa State.  They went to the two biggest team first programs in the country.  The least sexy teams in the country.  The most put aside your own ambitions in the country. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #560 on: July 30, 2021, 02:31:42 PM »
And goes off to UVA and MSU.  For F's sake they didn't go to Iowa State.  They went to the two biggest team first programs in the country.  The least sexy teams in the country.  The most put aside your own ambitions in the country.

Went great for them.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #561 on: July 30, 2021, 02:40:22 PM »
Went great for them.

Sam thinks so and when it’s all said and done Joey likely will too. How you think it went for them means absolutely nothing.

Bigger question: how’d it work out for Wojo? Is he still at Duke North or did he take over the program in Durham?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #562 on: July 30, 2021, 03:40:12 PM »
Went great for them.

The tournament's a crap shoot, I'm really a badger fan?

Re: Sam: 1st Team All ACC (decent conference).  Got to spend two seasons around the one of the Top 5 coaches in college, a coach who could walk into almost any NBA job right now.  Stop being so obtuse. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #563 on: July 30, 2021, 03:49:41 PM »
Do people watch Michigan State?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #564 on: July 30, 2021, 03:50:22 PM »

Yeah, this tired old argument gets trotted out more than a pony in a traveling circus.
Every single thing we know about the Hausers' decision points to it being about Markus and not wanting to play a secondary role to him. If it was about anything else, why did they still attend the team post-season banquet? Why did they not alert the coaching staff in postseason meetings? Why did they wait until Markus announced he was returning?
Here's why: Their decision was based on whether or not Markus returned.
Look, I don't know why some people here need to keep spinning the Hausers' decision as anything but looking out for their own interests. There's nothing wrong with them looking out for their own interests. If they were unhappy at Marquette and thought they'd do better/be happier elsewhere, I 100% agree with their decision to leave and don't begrudge them for it.

The whole idea that they can't look out for their own interests while attending Virginia or Michigan State is flat-out stupid. They didn't choose those schools because "we're team first guys." They chose those schools because they're elite programs with elite coaches who they believed would out them in the best position to attain whatever goals they're looking to attain.
The idea that Joey Hauser - Joey Hauser! - chose MSU because he wants to be just another cog in wheel is just laughable.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #565 on: July 30, 2021, 03:51:47 PM »
Do people watch Michigan State?

Nah. They're unsexy. Also, their coach is the reincarnation of Norm Dale.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #566 on: July 30, 2021, 03:53:39 PM »
The tournament's a crap shoot, I'm really a badger fan?

Re: Sam: 1st Team All ACC (decent conference).  Got to spend two seasons around the one of the Top 5 coaches in college, a coach who could walk into almost any NBA job right now.  Stop being so obtuse.
Hoo boy.
Tony Bennett, who's been ousted in the first round by 16 and 13 seeds, respectively, in two of the last three NCAA tournaments can walk into any NBA job?
Now who's being obtuse?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #567 on: July 30, 2021, 04:07:06 PM »
UVA finished second in Sam's initial recruitment.

MSU finished second in Joey's initial recruitment.

Sam wanted to go to MU over UVA.

Joey wanted to go to MSU over MU, but made a family decision to attend MU.

Joey ended up not liking MU for a variety of reasons, and resenting MU for keeping him from going to MSU.

Joey's resentment festers, causes issues in the locker room, specifically with Markus. Sam makes a family decision to support his brother. Wojo doesn't figure out how to manage the situation.

Joey and Sam hope locker room issues will go away with Markus going pro. Markus returns.

Joey decides to transfer, Sam makes a family decision to support his brother by transferring too. Wojo does not handle it well, further burning the bridge

Joey and Sam almost make another family decision to go to UW together. Upon reflection, they finally decide to do what's best for them individually. Joey goes to MSU like he always wanted. Sam goes to UVA, the closest runner up in his initial recruitment.

Wojo gets shiitcanned two years later. Sam has a fantastic season at UVA. Joey has a disappointing season at MSU.

I've heard literal dozens versions of the Hausergate drama. This is the version that makes the most sense to me. They're not saints, they're not sinners. They're not selfless, they're not quitters. They're just college students who took awhile to figure out what they wanted out off their college experience and where they could get that. I thank them for their time at MU and wish them nothing but the best. If it weren't for this board bringing them up regularly, I probably would give them as much thought as I've given any other transfer out MUBB.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #568 on: July 30, 2021, 04:10:28 PM »

+ infinity. Leaving Marquette to go “shot hunting” at UVA under TB or MSU under Izzo is more contrary to common sense than almost anything ever opined on Scoop. It totally defies logic. For the butthurt, though, reason flies out the window

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #569 on: July 30, 2021, 05:20:27 PM »
+ infinity. Leaving Marquette to go “shot hunting” at UVA under TB or MSU under Izzo is more contrary to common sense than almost anything ever opined on Scoop. It totally defies logic. For the butthurt, though, reason flies out the window

This is a false choice, Lenny.
It's not "shot hunters" or "selfless heroes who just want to play team ball."
As TAMU correctly puts it, they're not sinners or saints. Just a couple of college basketball players who decided their best interests lied elsewhere. I understand some want to lionize them to make Wojo look worse, but that's every bit the false narrative as saying they're selfish babies.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #570 on: July 30, 2021, 05:20:37 PM »

Joey ended up not liking MU for a variety of reasons, and resenting MU for keeping him from going to MSU.

Joey's resentment festers, causes issues in the locker room, specifically with Markus. Sam makes a family decision to support his brother. Wojo doesn't figure out how to manage the situation.

Joey and Sam hope locker room issues will go away with Markus going pro. Markus returns.

Joey decides to transfer, Sam makes a family decision to support his brother by transferring too. Wojo does not handle it well, further burning the bridge

Joey and Sam almost make another family decision to go to UW together. Upon reflection, they finally decide to do what's best for them individually. Joey goes to MSU like he always wanted. Sam goes to UVA, the closest runner up in his initial recruitment.

Wojo gets shiitcanned two years later. Sam has a fantastic season at UVA. Joey has a disappointing season at MSU.

I've heard literal dozens versions of the Hausergate drama. This is the version that makes the most sense to me. They're not saints, they're not sinners. They're not selfless, they're not quitters. They're just college students who took awhile to figure out what they wanted out off their college experience and where they could get that. I thank them for their time at MU and wish them nothing but the best. If it weren't for this board bringing them up regularly, I probably would give them as much thought as I've given any other transfer out MUBB.

Yap

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #571 on: July 30, 2021, 08:49:49 PM »
 :-X
This is a false choice, Lenny.
It's not "shot hunters" or "selfless heroes who just want to play team ball."
As TAMU correctly puts it, they're not sinners or saints. Just a couple of college basketball players who decided their best interests lied elsewhere. I understand some want to lionize them to make Wojo look worse, but that's every bit the false narrative as saying they're selfish babies.

Pak

Of course the Hausers thought their best interests were elsewhere. That’s why they left. What were those “self interests” in their own minds?  On one side of the argument we’re folks who insisted that those “self interests” were more shots and higher usage. That didn’t make sense to me. The other side of the argument was that their “self interests” included playing for coaches who were proven winners and favored a more balanced offensive philosophy. Given their backgrounds and the coaches/programs they chose this made perfect sense.

I don’t think anyone in this whole situation was saint or sinner. Neither does Lens. The haters who refuse to look at this logically? That’s a different story.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #572 on: July 31, 2021, 07:15:32 AM »

💯✌🏻

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #573 on: July 31, 2021, 10:46:49 AM »
I’m glad we finally got around to talking about this.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #574 on: July 31, 2021, 10:57:22 AM »
:-X
Pak

Of course the Hausers thought their best interests were elsewhere. That’s why they left. What were those “self interests” in their own minds?  On one side of the argument we’re folks who insisted that those “self interests” were more shots and higher usage. That didn’t make sense to me. The other side of the argument was that their “self interests” included playing for coaches who were proven winners and favored a more balanced offensive philosophy. Given their backgrounds and the coaches/programs they chose this made perfect sense.

I don’t think anyone in this whole situation was saint or sinner. Neither does Lens. The haters who refuse to look at this logically? That’s a different story.

Nah, I think you are putting too much of this on Markus and Wojo.  Sam seemed absolutely fine playing with Markus for three seasons.  And honestly if Joey had gone to MSU in the first place, I think there is zero doubt that Sam would have finished his career at MU.

I think TAMU hit the nail on the head.  Joey made the wrong choice and that caused them both to leave.  Sure Wojo didn't handle it well no doubt, but the idea that they were driven to play the pure basketball that Tony Bennett and Tom Izzo coach versus the crap basketball that Wojo coaches doesn't really fully stand up to logic.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback