[Today at 12:08:31 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 151813 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Hauser Brothers 2021 Thread
« Reply #450 on: April 04, 2021, 10:11:42 PM »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #451 on: April 04, 2021, 10:20:42 PM »
Sam discusses his plans to go pro
https://www.wsaw.com/2021/03/26/sam-hauser-discusses-decision-to-turn-pro-with-newschannel-7/

Congrats Herm on your rising today.

In other news, I will be discussing my plans to date Charlize Theron.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #452 on: April 04, 2021, 10:35:59 PM »
I wonder if Sam bought a subscription to Babbel.com to start boning up on Hebrew or Russian?

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #453 on: April 04, 2021, 11:07:18 PM »
Sam's twit said:

I can’t thank Coach Bennett and the rest of his staff for believing in me.

That's pretty hilarious. Sorry, coach ... I can't thank you!

I bet he plays some in the NBA, but if he plays most or all of his career overseas he still can make good coin.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #454 on: April 05, 2021, 11:33:33 AM »
Sam's twit said:

You'd think after five years of college he would have had to pass a communications class at some point.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #455 on: April 05, 2021, 12:10:45 PM »
You'd think after five years of college he would have had to pass a communications class at some point.

It was an accidentally omitted word. We've all done that, had typos, etc, over the years. Spend a half-hour reading Scoop and you'll see it a zillion times (present company included).

But that doesn't mean Sam's twit isn't poke-fun-able.

He can't thank his coach. Love it!

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #456 on: April 05, 2021, 12:16:52 PM »
It was an accidentally omitted word. We've all done that, had typos, etc, over the years. Spend a half-hour reading Scoop and you'll see it a zillion times (present company included).

But that doesn't mean Sam's twit isn't poke-fun-able.

He can't thank his coach. Love it!

Yeah, I get it.  I'm just piling on.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #457 on: April 10, 2021, 07:02:15 PM »
Sam's twit said:

I bet he plays some in the NBA

Sumbitch idn't playin' in The Show. Hope his passport is buffed up and ready for travel.

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #458 on: April 10, 2021, 07:07:43 PM »
Sam's twit said:

I bet he plays some in the NBA, but if he plays most or all of his career overseas he still can make good coin.

Shekels, kin, shekels, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #459 on: April 10, 2021, 08:08:07 PM »

Shekels, kin, shekels, aina?

Or Rubles. The Tall White Stiff idn't gettin' Benjamins donchaknow?

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #460 on: April 10, 2021, 10:22:33 PM »
Or Rubles. The Tall White Stiff idn't gettin' Benjamins donchaknow?

Let's make a friendly wager ... I bet Sam gets more than a single 10-day contract in the NBA.

He either makes a roster, gets a two-way contract or gets multiple 10-day contract. In other words, he'll get some Benjamins from The Show.

Four-pack of our favorite craft brew.

Yeah ... I know ... big spender. It's about bragging rights anyway, nu?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #461 on: April 11, 2021, 01:01:59 AM »
Let's make a friendly wager ... I bet Sam gets more than a single 10-day contract in the NBA.

He either makes a roster, gets a two-way contract or gets multiple 10-day contract. In other words, he'll get some Benjamins from The Show.

It's a bet though we need to put a time frame on this.

You may be right and he inks a deal. I just don't think he has Novak's touch and his defense makes Novak look like Paul George.

My thoughts on beers would start with either Baird Brewing's Angry Boy Brown Ale or Northern Monk's Obelisk. If we are limiting this to domestic then I would recommend Allagash Brewing's Coolship Resurgam. Sublime.

One never knows how kids develop. If you would have said Juan Anderson would be an impact NBA player I would have taken that bet every time.

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #462 on: April 11, 2021, 09:49:43 AM »
It's a bet though we need to put a time frame on this.

You may be right and he inks a deal. I just don't think he has Novak's touch and his defense makes Novak look like Paul George.

My thoughts on beers would start with either Baird Brewing's Angry Boy Brown Ale or Northern Monk's Obelisk. If we are limiting this to domestic then I would recommend Allagash Brewing's Coolship Resurgam. Sublime.

One never knows how kids develop. If you would have said Juan Anderson would be an impact NBA player I would have taken that bet every time.

Sure ... two years. Either Hauser gets more than one cup of coffee by the end of the 2022-23 season, or he doesn't.

And we don't have to specify beer now. We'll wait till the bet is won -- and who knows what delicious names will be available then?

Sam is not a great defender for sure, not even good, but I think you are wrong about his D compared to Novak. In each of their college primes, I'd take Sam over Novak 10 times out of 10. Neither can/could guard in space, especially somebody smaller and quicker (which, in today's "position-less" defense, exposes Sam a lot more than Novak ever faced), but Sam is a heady team and help defender. Just IMHO, of course.

And while many of us consider Novak one of the best shooters we've ever seen -- because he was -- Sam wasn't far behind statistically and actually had a better overall percentage.

Anyway, it's silly to argue about something that will be proven soon enough!

Looking forward to getting together with you for another beverage on one of my extended trips to see my daughter and son-in-law (and now my adorable grandson), who still live in your town.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #463 on: April 11, 2021, 10:51:15 AM »
Sure ... two years. Either Hauser gets more than one cup of coffee by the end of the 2022-23 season, or he doesn't.

And we don't have to specify beer now. We'll wait till the bet is won -- and who knows what delicious names will be available then?

Sam is not a great defender for sure, not even good, but I think you are wrong about his D compared to Novak. In each of their college primes, I'd take Sam over Novak 10 times out of 10. Neither can/could guard in space, especially somebody smaller and quicker (which, in today's "position-less" defense, exposes Sam a lot more than Novak ever faced), but Sam is a heady team and help defender. Just IMHO, of course.

And while many of us consider Novak one of the best shooters we've ever seen -- because he was -- Sam wasn't far behind statistically and actually had a better overall percentage.

Anyway, it's silly to argue about something that will be proven soon enough!

Looking forward to getting together with you for another beverage on one of my extended trips to see my daughter and son-in-law (and now my adorable grandson), who still live in your town.

Mike

We can figure out the brews later. Or we can let the loser decide. The challenge itself made me think through the wide world of great beers.

Congrats on the progeny! That is really fantastic news! As I recall they were living in West Seattle. There are some excellent breweries around there including Georgetown Brewing.

Aside from the bet let me introduce you to one of our incredible brew pubs. We had enough of downtown Seattle and live on the water in Gig Harbor. When taking a tour of our country club here we walked into the club house bar and they had Fox News on the box. SOLD!

Gig Harbor is an oasis of sanity in a sea of insanity. And we have a bet.

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #464 on: April 11, 2021, 03:54:41 PM »
Mike

We can figure out the brews later. Or we can let the loser decide. The challenge itself made me think through the wide world of great beers.

Congrats on the progeny! That is really fantastic news! As I recall they were living in West Seattle. There are some excellent breweries around there including Georgetown Brewing.

Aside from the bet let me introduce you to one of our incredible brew pubs. We had enough of downtown Seattle and live on the water in Gig Harbor. When taking a tour of our country club here we walked into the club house bar and they had Fox News on the box. SOLD!

Gig Harbor is an oasis of sanity in a sea of insanity. And we have a bet.

They live in Woodinville now, Crash. They like that area, with Redmond and Bellevue nearby. My SIL just left Microsoft to be a hotshot at Unity Softwear. Their boy Owen is my third grandson; my son in Chicago has 1 1/2 year old twin boys. I’m a proud (and old) grandpa.

Bet’s on. So now I hafta say, “Go Sam!”

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #465 on: April 11, 2021, 04:39:58 PM »
They live in Woodinville now, Crash. They like that area, with Redmond and Bellevue nearby. My SIL just left Microsoft to be a hotshot at Unity Softwear. Their boy Owen is my third grandson; my son in Chicago has 1 1/2 year old twin boys. I’m a proud (and old) grandpa.

Bet’s on. So now I hafta say, “Go Sam!”

We belong to the wine clubs at Chateau Ste Michelle and Januik which both have tasting rooms in Woodinville. Strongly recommend both among the dozens in the valley.

Red Hook's big barn brewery where we met last is now closed. They relocated retail operations to downtown near Pike Place Market and Capitol Hill. Brewing is now done at the Widmer brewery in Portland.

I mentioned Georgetown Brewing. I'm not a big IPA drinker but their Bodizapha is sublime.

Death on call

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #466 on: April 11, 2021, 05:25:22 PM »

Chicos still owes me 200 from our last bet. I don't do scoop bets anymore

MU82

• All American
« Reply #467 on: April 11, 2021, 09:12:32 PM »
Chicos still owes me 200 from our last bet. I don't do scoop bets anymore

Neither Crash nor I are hoopaloop, thank goodness. The winner of our bet will get his winnings.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #468 on: April 12, 2021, 09:36:31 AM »
Neither Crash nor I are hoopaloop, thank goodness. The winner of our bet will get his winnings.

I look forward to collecting!

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #469 on: April 12, 2021, 10:12:15 AM »
I look forward to collecting!

The beautiful thing is that I can collect early next season after Sam is on his NBA team's roster and has played in a few games!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #470 on: April 12, 2021, 03:05:04 PM »
The beautiful thing is that I can collect early next season after Sam is on his NBA team's roster and has played in a few games!

I didn't realize the NBA had a franchise in Europe!

Death on call

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #471 on: April 12, 2021, 10:49:13 PM »
I didn't realize the NBA had a franchise in Europe!

I mean Howard made a team (and doing very poorly) hauser is bound to make one

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #472 on: April 13, 2021, 12:13:02 AM »
I mean Howard made a team (and doing very poorly) hauser is bound to make one

Despite all the criticism, Howard has probably 2-3x the skills of Sam.
https://youtu.be/gdoGcFK63jw?t=10

MU82

• All American
« Reply #473 on: April 13, 2021, 09:06:47 AM »
Despite all the criticism, Howard has probably 2-3x the skills of Sam.
https://youtu.be/gdoGcFK63jw?t=10

Yeah, and lots of players not even in the NBA had/have more skill than Crawford, Buycks and Juan, too. Sometimes it's not about skill.

Sam shoots 3s at 40%+, he's 6-8 and he's smart.

If Markus were 6-8, with his skillset, he'd have been a top-5 pick. But unfortunately for him, he's much closer to 5-8.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #474 on: April 13, 2021, 06:52:47 PM »
Yeah, and lots of players not even in the NBA had/have more skill than Crawford, Buycks and Juan, too. Sometimes it's not about skill.

Sam shoots 3s at 40%+, he's 6-8 and he's smart.

If Markus were 6-8, with his skillset, he'd have been a top-5 pick. But unfortunately for him, he's much closer to 5-8.
If Grandma had balls She would be Grandpa ( You can provide the Yiddish translation)
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback