[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180623 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #1875 on: December 09, 2021, 10:05:55 PM »
Depending on your definition of "very near future", I disagree completely.  I mean, everyone will be free to not vax, or boost, but their social options will start getting more limited.

I mean, 2 dose vaccines have been widely available for almost a year.  And I still find it more uncommon than common to present proof of vaccination for admittance (stuff in NYC and international travel are all that Ive done since I was vaxxed 7 months ago).  So I think that would come first before boosters.  If you're talking boosters being mandatory for restaurants and sporting events before, say, end of Q1 2022, id be very surprised.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1876 on: December 09, 2021, 10:27:21 PM »
If you're talking boosters being mandatory for restaurants and sporting events before, say, end of Q1 2022, id be very surprised.

I guess I'm talking metropolitan areas, and if you're mostly based in WI (? I don't know), then anything is fair game, that's basically Idaho in my book.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1877 on: December 10, 2021, 01:55:55 AM »
https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/missouri-schools-mask-mandates-parents-email/63-19d85ed9-30f7-494f-a2c1-06dd1b2a6fd1

Missouri AG asks parents to turn in school districts enforcing their own  mask or quarantine policies.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1878 on: December 10, 2021, 05:40:04 AM »
Damn lot of hatred on warriorchick for saying nothing more then it was a pain. wow boys, wow.

I just made the point that someone whining about waiting in line about showing a vax card, and it turns out that it is 100% THEIR fault because 1.) They blamed a new cell phone their husband had, and didn’t back up their photos properly 2.) Didn’t bother read up on local ordinances

I would call it being personally responsible, but hey you and Zig seemed to think it’s hatred.  🙄

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1879 on: December 10, 2021, 06:14:23 AM »
Parrott the official line or the mope squad will decend on you with keyboard fury.

riiiiiiiiiight Zigs, right.  Not that she was making a mountain out of a mole hill.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1880 on: December 10, 2021, 06:21:02 AM »
Damn lot of hatred on warriorchick for saying nothing more then it was a pain. wow boys, wow.

Well I asked how it was a pain because that wasn’t my experience in NYC. Only to find that it was because they didn’t know the rules before they left and weren’t prepared. So the pain wasn’t because of the rules, but because of their lack of preparation.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1881 on: December 10, 2021, 06:43:10 AM »
The Clear app allows you to upload your vaccine information for free and gives you a readable QR code.
You do not have to be a paying Clear member to use it.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1882 on: December 10, 2021, 08:02:34 AM »
I was able to transfer my Walgreens record to my Apple Wallet. It shows a QR code, but I don’t know where that QR code can be used, honestly. I mean, not that I’m traveling to Europe, but our QR codes aren’t compatible with the EU Covid passes. NYC has their own app, I think Hawaii does too.
It looks really neat though.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1883 on: December 10, 2021, 08:05:53 AM »
pretty soon we will be following the science, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1884 on: December 10, 2021, 08:39:14 AM »
We can only hope.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1885 on: December 10, 2021, 11:02:57 AM »
Some of us. The other 20% of you will be following Tucker.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1886 on: December 10, 2021, 11:09:57 AM »
I guess I'm talking metropolitan areas, and if you're mostly based in WI (? I don't know), then anything is fair game, that's basically Idaho in my book.

Chicago, Denver, Dallas, DC.  All metro spots Ive been to in the last 6 months where I didn't see it with any regularity.

Do I think more proof of vaxx is coming/will be more common?  Yes.  Do I think that will be a 2+1 shot minimum anytime soon?  No.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1887 on: December 10, 2021, 11:39:20 AM »

I'm still waiting on that conclusive evidence that ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine are effective treatments you've been promising us for the last year.

Guess you should reconsider who you 'follow'.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1888 on: December 10, 2021, 12:10:59 PM »
Chicago, Denver, Dallas, DC.  All metro spots Ive been to in the last 6 months where I didn't see it with any regularity.

Do I think more proof of vaxx is coming/will be more common?  Yes.  Do I think that will be a 2+1 shot minimum anytime soon?  No.

I mean most of the west coast, NYC are already doing it without booster (restaurants).  Denver requires it for large indoor gatherings.  Once the CDC changes "fully vaccinated" to include boosters, it will happen in those places.   That covers at least 1/4 of all US population.  And I expect it will "spread".

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1889 on: December 10, 2021, 01:09:44 PM »
Chicago doesn’t have a citywide vax mandate, though it’s under consideration. Most live Theaters and some bars/restaurants do. We did at my church’s Christmas concert last week.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1890 on: December 11, 2021, 07:22:10 AM »
I'm still waiting on that conclusive evidence that ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine are effective treatments you've been promising us for the last year.

Guess you should reconsider who you 'follow'.

Read Kennedy's book, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1891 on: December 11, 2021, 07:34:20 AM »

Read Lewis’s book, hey?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #1892 on: December 11, 2021, 07:39:47 AM »
The pandemic has turned 4ever into a Kennedy fan.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #1893 on: December 11, 2021, 07:45:01 AM »
Imagine being THAT devoted to minimizing a pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of Americans that you would start touting the work of noted antivaxxer Robert Kennedy, Jr.  Despite the fact that empirical evidence suggests that vaccinations are both incredibly safe and incredibly effective.

Not our proudest moments as Americans and Marquette alumni.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1894 on: December 11, 2021, 07:49:40 AM »
Imagine being THAT devoted to minimizing a pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of Americans that you would start touting the work of noted antivaxxer Robert Kennedy, Jr.  Despite the fact that empirical evidence suggests that vaccinations are both incredibly safe and incredibly effective.

Not our proudest moments as Americans and Marquette alumni.

Just gargle some mouthwash.  Pandemic over
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1895 on: December 11, 2021, 07:58:22 AM »

It can be found in the fiction section.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1896 on: December 11, 2021, 09:10:31 AM »
Read Lewis’s book, hey?

Read Meadows’s PowerPoint, eh?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1897 on: December 14, 2021, 04:50:56 PM »
Is anyone following the same rules that Santa Cruz County put out and masking inside your own home when you have guests over?  How does this get reasonably enforced? Are neighbors calling the mask police on each other? Better not give Newsom any ideas.

http://www.santacruzhealth.org/HSAHome/HealthAlerts.aspx

Masks must be worn in private settings, including your home, when non-household members are present.

This feeds into the right wing paranoia of government overreach and suddenly doesn't make them look all that paranoid if your behavior inside your own house is being policed.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 04:55:23 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1898 on: December 14, 2021, 06:03:39 PM »
Is anyone following the same rules that Santa Cruz County put out and masking inside your own home when you have guests over?  How does this get reasonably enforced? Are neighbors calling the mask police on each other? Better not give Newsom any ideas.

http://www.santacruzhealth.org/HSAHome/HealthAlerts.aspx

Masks must be worn in private settings, including your home, when non-household members are present.

This feeds into the right wing paranoia of government overreach and suddenly doesn't make them look all that paranoid if your behavior inside your own house is being policed.

In an open casket wake what’s the fine if the deceased isn’t
masked?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1899 on: December 14, 2021, 06:07:55 PM »
He isn't breathing on anyone.  Plus, he probably just had it.