[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180852 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #1375 on: August 13, 2021, 09:47:54 PM »
As a resident your input on Florida makes sense.  Olberman’s man crush on Death Santis just confuses me.

You’re funny, Tucker.

But really … stop supporting someone who doesn’t care if you live or die.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1376 on: August 13, 2021, 10:37:28 PM »
You’re funny, Tucker.

But really … stop supporting someone who doesn’t care if you live or die.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Still need to scroll pretty far down to find Death Santis on the list of governors who don’t give a rip if you live or die.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1377 on: August 13, 2021, 11:44:01 PM »

Still need to scroll pretty far down to find Death Santis on the list of governors who don’t give a rip if you live or die.

In the last week, we only fall below Louisiana in cases per capita. And as noted above, his new death stats are bogus.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1378 on: August 14, 2021, 12:23:38 PM »
I'm just trying to reconcile how COVID is both a bioweapon and something that doesn't exist.
She seems nice. But her bioweapon comment was about "the jab".

Oh, and Trump won...though I'm wondering why Trump created a bioweapon vaccine?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1379 on: August 14, 2021, 12:35:00 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1380 on: August 14, 2021, 02:10:30 PM »

He is actively and aggressively fighting anyone who is trying to use readily available, proven means to limit the spread of a highly contagious, often debilitating, sometimes deadly virus.

He doesn't give a shyte about you.

But hey, at least he's begging the feds for extra ventilators to try to save the Floridians who get severe COVID-19 on his watch, so maybe I'm being too hard on him.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1381 on: August 14, 2021, 02:15:59 PM »
Governor Deathsentence said this week that he was unaware of the request to the federales for more ventilators.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1382 on: August 14, 2021, 02:57:15 PM »
Governor Deathsentence said this week that he was unaware of the request to the federales for more ventilators.

Good to know that he's up on what's happening in his administration.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1383 on: August 18, 2021, 01:55:47 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-two-thirds-americans-support-195726766.html

Roughly the same number of people who support vaccinations support mask mandates.      Odd.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1384 on: August 18, 2021, 07:19:54 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-two-thirds-americans-support-195726766.html

Roughly the same number of people who support vaccinations support mask mandates.      Odd.     

I call them the “silent majority”
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1385 on: August 18, 2021, 08:14:00 PM »
I call them the “silent majority”

I call them the "sane majority."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1386 on: August 18, 2021, 08:47:34 PM »
I call them the "sane majority."

I agree with your sentiment but as I hike along SF Bay this afternoon, 80% of the people out for a walk/hike are alone and masked up. These are not people in gathering groups. As the NYT and the CDC have said, you have near zero chance catching COVID like this outside and even less of a chance if double vaccinated. I may have better odds catching gonnorrhea from a toilet seat.

Let me preface this to say that this is young and old, all ethnicities, all genders, no kids around. SF isn't even a hotspot. Are people this crazed all over outside?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1387 on: August 18, 2021, 08:49:43 PM »
I agree with your sentiment but as I hike along SF Bay this afternoon, 80% of the people out for a walk/hike are alone and masked up. These are not people in gathering groups. As the NYT and the CDC have said, you have near zero chance catching COVID like this outside and even less of a chance if double vaccinated. I may have better odds catching gonnorrhea from a toilet seat.

Let me preface this to say that this is young and old, all ethnicities, all genders, no kids around. SF isn't even a hotspot. Are people this crazed all over outside?
yeah thats way over the top. wear masks indoors in crowded areas. get vaxxed but this is wierd. might as well wear a helmet at all times walking around NYC in case somthing falls off a building.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1388 on: August 18, 2021, 09:08:57 PM »

That’s more intense than the northeast.  I would say that since people have been facing breakthroughs masking indoors is way up even before the cdc reversed course or local govt acted. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1389 on: August 18, 2021, 09:14:29 PM »
That’s more intense than the northeast.  I would say that since people have been facing breakthroughs masking indoors is way up even before the cdc reversed course or local govt acted.

I may add we also have the fires, but the smoke is not really here. Folks are unduly paranoid and I think it affects mental health to be honest.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1390 on: August 18, 2021, 09:17:06 PM »
I may add we also have the fires, but the smoke is not really here. Folks are unduly paranoid and I think it affects mental health to be honest.

I was in Cleveland a few weeks ago and it looked like I was in Delhi.  The fires have had a crazy impact across the nation so I can’t imagine what it looks like closer to the impacted area.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1391 on: August 18, 2021, 09:24:57 PM »
I was in Cleveland a few weeks ago and it looked like I was in Delhi.  The fires have had a crazy impact across the nation so I can’t imagine what it looks like closer to the impacted area.

The Santa Ana's haven't started yet (September) so not bad in SF (the Chico fire two years ago was bad as the winds shift from East to West and then the Pacific vacuums that smoke right down the Golden Gate). I heard it's bad in The Valley, though.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1392 on: August 18, 2021, 10:44:14 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/1428132783717855237

Jake Tapper in a rare journalistic moment, gently calling out the absolute hypocrisy of having mask mandates in schools but not vaccines mandates.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1393 on: August 18, 2021, 11:44:00 PM »

That's daily in Madison.   Plus the people alone in their car, windows up, and masked.

People want to be afraid of something.  And have something to rely upon the government for to run their lives.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1394 on: August 19, 2021, 12:20:38 AM »

Totally agree.  A woman in my complex, who I know from previous conversations is both vaccinated and had COVID in April pre-vaccination, was sitting on her front patio, reading in a mask.  A younger couple down the hall from me we are friendly with, also fully vaxxed, have been wearing masks when walking their dogs on the trail each day.  My fiancee had a chat with them and the BF mentioned that they "just thought we should".  Its all a bit flying in the face of "following the science" and definitely trending towards paranoia as you say.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1395 on: August 19, 2021, 04:32:22 AM »
nm
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1396 on: August 19, 2021, 05:43:44 AM »
That's daily in Madison.   Plus the people alone in their car, windows up, and masked.

People want to be afraid of something.  And have something to rely upon the government for to run their lives.

Its like a baby's pacifier for an adult, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1397 on: August 19, 2021, 05:52:09 AM »
I was actually going to use the security blanket metaphor.  I don't think people want to "rely on the government" for something, but I do think its a combination between paranoia and security - which can be a fine line.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1398 on: August 19, 2021, 08:04:52 AM »

I know several people who do this. Not because they're afraid of anything, but because they wear a mask all day at work, get used to it and forget to take it off.
I know you're super smart, but don't assume you know what's going on in everyone else's minds.

Crisis at the Border!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1399 on: August 19, 2021, 09:17:58 AM »
I was actually going to use the security blanket metaphor.  I don't think people want to "rely on the government" for something, but I do think its a combination between paranoia and security - which can be a fine line.

Yep.

feedback