collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180940 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Masks
« Reply #725 on: October 27, 2020, 11:17:22 AM »
Of the 10 states with the highest rates of new coronavirus cases per capita according to a White House Coronavirus Task Force report this month, seven do not require residents to wear masks.

These seven states ALL have republican govs.

Yes, fighting Covid is a purely political war.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #726 on: October 27, 2020, 11:31:07 AM »
Exactly, its why Rocket can't just type out, "yeah this is somewhat Trump's fault"

It would break his brain.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #727 on: October 27, 2020, 11:35:20 AM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/10/27/russia-implements-nationwide-mask-mandate-amid-covid-19-spike/#1168cb8e6952

Russia has issued a mask mandate.     (Insert obvious political joke here)      Hopefully, now America can do the same. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #728 on: October 27, 2020, 11:44:37 AM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/10/27/russia-implements-nationwide-mask-mandate-amid-covid-19-spike/#1168cb8e6952

Russia has issued a mask mandate.     (Insert obvious political joke here)      Hopefully, now America can do the same.

This is teed up for Trump.  BIDEN WANTS TO FORCE MASKS JUST LIKE THEY DO IN RUSSER.

And then the hogs go wild like they do at every rally.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #729 on: October 27, 2020, 01:26:05 PM »
Well, if Putin says it is OK, I assume DJT will change his tune. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #730 on: October 27, 2020, 02:02:38 PM »
Well, if Putin says it is OK, I assume DJT will change his tune.

But only if Vlad tells him to....

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #731 on: October 27, 2020, 06:07:10 PM »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #732 on: October 27, 2020, 07:00:38 PM »
Store worker stabbed 27 times for asking customers to wear masks.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/10/27/21536171/jessica-jayla-hill-stabbing-store-west-side-homan-square-roosevelt-face-mask-covid

regardless of what happens next week, it's stuff like this that continues to convince me the country is too far gone to ever be "normal" again. People being stabbed, beat up, shot, etc. because they're asked to wear a mask? Seriously, this is beyond messed up. But why would we be surprised, the extremists have won the cultural wars on both sides (and hijacked the GOP). I am honestly fearful of what will likely happen in Portland next week. The antifa groups have already announced plans for "mobilization" and "direct action" via social media and we all know the white supremacists will be in down Election Night.  Cities are already boarding up and gun sales are up. Seriously, did you ever imagine this happening in the United States?

https://www.oregonlive.com/nation/2020/10/police-fbi-prepare-for-potential-election-day-violence-as-gun-sales-up-businesses-board-windows.html
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #733 on: October 27, 2020, 08:34:00 PM »
regardless of what happens next week, it's stuff like this that continues to convince me the country is too far gone to ever be "normal" again. People being stabbed, beat up, shot, etc. because they're asked to wear a mask? Seriously, this is beyond messed up. But why would we be surprised, the extremists have won the cultural wars on both sides (and hijacked the GOP). I am honestly fearful of what will likely happen in Portland next week. The antifa groups have already announced plans for "mobilization" and "direct action" via social media and we all know the white supremacists will be in down Election Night.  Cities are already boarding up and gun sales are up. Seriously, did you ever imagine this happening in the United States?

https://www.oregonlive.com/nation/2020/10/police-fbi-prepare-for-potential-election-day-violence-as-gun-sales-up-businesses-board-windows.html

The country is broken in many respects and we don’t have the will to fix it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #734 on: October 27, 2020, 11:42:05 PM »

Stay safe Billy. I’ll be hunkered down in far North well away from downtown.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #735 on: October 28, 2020, 08:27:12 AM »

Stay safe, Billy!

I have a Canadian friend who has been visiting her mom in Ontario. She is planning to get back to the US by Election Day because she wants to be here for an historic day. While I understand the desire to witness history first hand, this seems like a day that could go scary wrong in so many ways. Frankly, I'd rather go visit her in Canada for a couple weeks, if I only could get across the border....

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #736 on: October 28, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »
Stay safe Billy. I’ll be hunkered down in far North well away from downtown.

Thanks.  I'm in Goose Hollow, easy walking distance to the museum destroyed during the last "night of rage."

I was recently thinking back to 2008 when my wife and I were with thousands of others, packed together in Rockafeller Center. The feeling of excitement that night. The celebration when Barack Obama was declared the winner was so cool to be a part of. Even during McCain's concession speech people in the crowd were quiet and respectful. Down in East Village, there were celebrations in the streets, absolutely no damage, violence, or injuries. 12 years later we're anticipating violence, destruction, and legitimate concern about the election being stolen and a sitting President refusing the accept the results should he lose. It's unbelievable our country has devolved to this point in just four years.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #737 on: October 28, 2020, 12:29:20 PM »
I'm a little freaked after reading the current Atlantic at lunchtime.

Article is titled: If the vote is close, Donald Trump could easily throw the election into chaos.  Who would stop him?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #738 on: October 28, 2020, 01:54:33 PM »

Article is titled: If the vote is close, Donald Trump could easily throw the election into chaos.  Who would stop him?

Doubt it will be very close. At this point in 2016, Clinton's numbers were fading fast. Today, most of Biden's polling numbers are getting better.

And if the Covid numbers continue on their current path, in the weeks following the election we will be in a full-scale sh!tstorm of full hospitals, rationing of care, and even rural areas realizing it isn't a hoax.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 01:56:25 PM by GooooMarquette »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #739 on: October 28, 2020, 01:55:31 PM »

Why, patriotic republicans, of course.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #740 on: October 28, 2020, 01:58:15 PM »
Why, patriotic republicans, of course.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The last of the species seems to be Bob Dole, and he is like 106 years old.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #741 on: October 28, 2020, 02:17:09 PM »

Doubt it will be very close. At this point in 2016, Clinton's numbers were fading fast. Today, most of Biden's polling numbers are getting better.

And if the Covid numbers continue on their current path, in the weeks following the election we will be in a full-scale sh!tstorm of full hospitals, rationing of care, and even rural areas realizing it isn't a hoax.

I agree.  I think it's headed to a Biden blowout which the article states would be the best case scenario as there would be little legal recourse.  The opinion in the article (after talking to a lot of people) seems to be that Trump still won't concede even if it's a blowout.  Apparently "conceding" only became a thing in 1896 when WJ Bryan conceded to William McKinley.  It became standard practice after that.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #742 on: October 28, 2020, 02:36:49 PM »
I agree.  I think it's headed to a Biden blowout which the article states would be the best case scenario as there would be little legal recourse.  The opinion in the article (after talking to a lot of people) seems to be that Trump still won't concede even if it's a blowout.  Apparently "conceding" only became a thing in 1896 when WJ Bryan conceded to William McKinley.  It became standard practice after that.

Totally agree he won't go out gracefully. He could lose the biggest landslide in history, and would still go to his grave muttering about voter fraud and blaming Obama. It's just who he is.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #743 on: October 28, 2020, 03:04:13 PM »

Totally agree he won't go out gracefully. He could lose the biggest landslide in history, and would still go to his grave muttering about voter fraud and blaming Obama. It's just who he is.

I think he vanishes and lets Pence run things for the next couple of months.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #744 on: October 28, 2020, 03:11:19 PM »

That'll allow him some time to cover his tracks and escape some of the debtors.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #745 on: October 28, 2020, 03:13:58 PM »

If only he had done that 3 1/2 years ago....

Seriously, that may be a possibility. He may take off (but not necessarily vanish) and spend the rest of the time tweeting about how he didn’t really want to be reelected anyway.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #746 on: October 28, 2020, 03:16:14 PM »
That'll allow him some time to cover his tracks and escape some of the debtors.
as well as allow Pence to pardon him rather than pardoning himself.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #747 on: October 28, 2020, 03:28:48 PM »
Thanks.  I'm in Goose Hollow, easy walking distance to the museum destroyed during the last "night of rage."

I was recently thinking back to 2008 when my wife and I were with thousands of others, packed together in Rockafeller Center. The feeling of excitement that night. The celebration when Barack Obama was declared the winner was so cool to be a part of. Even during McCain's concession speech people in the crowd were quiet and respectful. Down in East Village, there were celebrations in the streets, absolutely no damage, violence, or injuries. 12 years later we're anticipating violence, destruction, and legitimate concern about the election being stolen and a sitting President refusing the accept the results should he lose. It's unbelievable our country has devolved to this point in just four years.

Love that part of town. Goose Hollow Inn rules

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #748 on: October 28, 2020, 03:33:30 PM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #749 on: October 28, 2020, 03:37:52 PM »
Leaders lead:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1321543754059231234?s=19

I think its clear that Trump is using these last few days to fly around on his big plane and appeal to his base, because these rallies, and what he says at them, isn't going to inspire many to vote for him who haven't already decided to do so.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback