collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180823 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #475 on: September 18, 2020, 11:18:03 AM »
I actually login just to read his insanity, comical at this point....and what’s with Biden saying yesterday he’d sign an EO mandating masks and then tonight he says he can’t!?!?!?  Why the flip flopping
Russian disinformation troll says what?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #476 on: September 18, 2020, 11:26:22 AM »
From the article Zig posted in the main thread:

https://elemental.medium.com/amp/p/30430384e5a5
A clear example of the benefits of masks is a recent outbreak in South Korea, in which one woman at a Starbucks infected 27 other customers — whom officials assume were not wearing masks because they were eating and drinking — but none of the employees, all of whom were masked the entire time.

So, I hadn't seen this yet, but also confirms a myth that started early "mask are to protect others, they do little to protect you". I've repeated those words, though usually modified the phrase  to say "mostly to protect others".  I always suspected official guidance was underplaying how much a mask could also protect *you* from others. 

Healthcare professionals are wearing masks to protect themselves from getting sick, why wouldn't it magically work for the common public too? Of course, type of mask, fit, and handling are important.  So it's ignorant to say they don't protect you at all, but it's also foolish to assume they provide 100% protection.

/rant

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #477 on: September 18, 2020, 12:32:12 PM »
Russian disinformation troll says what?

I guess I’ll ask you again....can you point to a piece of disinformation from that post.  Was it a bad choice in the source of the link absolutely but I posted another link shortly after from the actual study.  The information in the RT link was consistent and accurate from the findings of the study. 

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #478 on: September 18, 2020, 01:29:55 PM »
I guess I’ll ask you again....can you point to a piece of disinformation from that post.  Was it a bad choice in the source of the link absolutely but I posted another link shortly after from the actual study.  The information in the RT link was consistent and accurate from the findings of the study.
Do you even know if TSmith holds the appropriate socioeconomic position to be allowed to post? I'd assume you'd want to validate that before you acknowledge his right to be here.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #479 on: September 18, 2020, 01:59:04 PM »
Do you even know if TSmith holds the appropriate socioeconomic position to be allowed to post? I'd assume you'd want to validate that before you acknowledge his right to be here.

WTF??

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #480 on: September 18, 2020, 02:07:12 PM »
Herman Cain’s team and family:

“It’s time for the obsessive mask wearing to wear off.”

https://twitter.com/thehermancain/status/1307017174188351488

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #481 on: September 18, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #482 on: September 18, 2020, 02:24:51 PM »
WTF??
My mistake, confused you with ElonMusk. Sorry

tower912

• All American
« Reply #483 on: September 18, 2020, 02:29:32 PM »
Herman Cain’s team and family:

“It’s time for the obsessive mask wearing to wear off.”

https://twitter.com/thehermancain/status/1307017174188351488

Well, it isn't his problem anymore.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #484 on: September 18, 2020, 04:09:38 PM »
My mistake, confused you with ElonMusk. Sorry
👍👍

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #485 on: September 18, 2020, 05:52:54 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-mask-demonstrator-ejected-disney-211712646.html

So this conspiracy nut was not only maskless at Disney World, but misquoted A Bug’s Life..

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #486 on: September 18, 2020, 06:30:23 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-mask-demonstrator-ejected-disney-211712646.html

So this conspiracy nut was not only maskless at Disney World, but misquoted A Bug’s Life..

In his defense I try to forget that movie exists

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #487 on: September 23, 2020, 06:23:17 PM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #488 on: September 23, 2020, 06:52:54 PM »
"Despite being told not to wear the mask more than once, White continued doing so, stressing she’s committed to the cause surrounding Black Lives Matter."

"“It was really stressful because I have a financial obligation to help support my family,” White said."

Well I mean cmon...

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #489 on: September 23, 2020, 08:08:29 PM »
Well, there's a lawsuit coming...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #490 on: September 23, 2020, 10:00:49 PM »
Meanwhile in North Dakota....

https://www.inforum.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6668415-Why-some-North-Dakotans-wont-wear-masks

A group known as the North Dakota Freedom Fighters recently changed its name to North Dakota Freedom Defenders online. With about 1,900 members, the group’s goal is to discuss and carry out actions they can take as citizens to defend their freedoms, according to the group's Facebook page.

Julie Neidlinger, a freelance artist and author, is listed as an administrator of North Dakota Freedom Defenders. In an email response to questions, Neidlinger said six months of mask wearing has done little to slow the spread of the virus.

——————

Shocking that they are leading the country in cases per capita over the past seven days…and pulling away.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #491 on: September 24, 2020, 06:36:47 AM »
Meanwhile in North Dakota....

https://www.inforum.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6668415-Why-some-North-Dakotans-wont-wear-masks

A group known as the North Dakota Freedom Fighters recently changed its name to North Dakota Freedom Defenders online. With about 1,900 members, the group’s goal is to discuss and carry out actions they can take as citizens to defend their freedoms, according to the group's Facebook page.

Julie Neidlinger, a freelance artist and author, is listed as an administrator of North Dakota Freedom Defenders. In an email response to questions, Neidlinger said six months of mask wearing has done little to slow the spread of the virus.

——————

Shocking that they are leading the country in cases per capita over the past seven days…and pulling away.

"six months"

I bet this guy takes himself seriously.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #492 on: September 29, 2020, 07:53:50 PM »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #493 on: September 29, 2020, 07:57:42 PM »
Or that Wisconsin is catching up. Religious freedom? Yup.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/west/news/brookfield/2020/09/29/federal-court-rules-favor-brookfield-resident-lawsuit/3561068001/

Wow, she's quite the bigot

> After being told by school board president Scott Wheeler that defamatory comments should be avoided, Anderson directly addressed board member Hassan, who is Muslim.

> “This is not defamatory,” Anderson said. “I’m stating facts. You’re a leader of the Islamic community, are you not? My kids are Christians. They are not subject to face coverings. Christian children should not be forced to wear face coverings any more than children who are Islamic or Muslim should be forced to — as you’ve put it — be subject to the American style of sexualization of children that have to wear less clothing than you’re comfortable with your children wearing.”

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #494 on: September 29, 2020, 09:10:47 PM »
Wow, she's quite the bigot

> After being told by school board president Scott Wheeler that defamatory comments should be avoided, Anderson directly addressed board member Hassan, who is Muslim.

> “This is not defamatory,” Anderson said. “I’m stating facts. You’re a leader of the Islamic community, are you not? My kids are Christians. They are not subject to face coverings. Christian children should not be forced to wear face coverings any more than children who are Islamic or Muslim should be forced to — as you’ve put it — be subject to the American style of sexualization of children that have to wear less clothing than you’re comfortable with your children wearing.”

Unbelievable. And enough people share similar opinions about masks to stretch this thing straight through to next spring, with no significant reprieve. Any sense of community and the common good is dying in this country, replaced by me, me, me.... :(

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #495 on: September 29, 2020, 09:47:17 PM »

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #496 on: September 30, 2020, 07:46:26 AM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #497 on: September 30, 2020, 08:35:18 AM »
Cleveland, Ohio

https://twitter.com/tylerpager/status/1311109824189534208

If it's a requirement of that facility, shouldn't they have been forced to leave?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #498 on: September 30, 2020, 08:46:52 AM »
If it's a requirement of that facility, shouldn't they have been forced to leave?

Yes.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #499 on: September 30, 2020, 08:46:58 AM »

Ideally, yes; practically speaking, hard to say.

Mayo Clinic took a lot of crap earlier for allowing Pence in despite his refusal to wear a mask. And while critics understandably said 'they should have just kicked him out,' the reality is that HHS holds a lot of power over healthcare entities. Anything from research funding to threats of costly site visits and more. Even if the entity had done nothing wrong and might ultimately prevail, the administration can cause nightmarish and costly problems out of spite. Under most administrations, I wouldn't compromise safety over a fear of spiteful reprisals. Under this one, I might.

So should Cleveland Clinic handled it differently? Ideally, yes; practically speaking, hard to say....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 08:48:37 AM by GooooMarquette »