collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180902 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #250 on: July 26, 2020, 08:38:10 PM »
No different than MSDNC, CNN, the NYT or Wapo, right?? Prove me wrong.

Blaze, clearly right. 
MSNBC clearly left. 
CNN, NYT, Washington Post moderate left.

So yes, different.

Oh, and for the record for everyone, if politics apply to the current topic -fine.  But we've all clearly veered from that path.

Now back to the masks...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:39:48 PM by rocky_warrior »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #251 on: July 26, 2020, 08:46:26 PM »
No different than MSDNC, CNN, the NYT or Wapo, right?? Prove me wrong.
This is what you choose to fixate on?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #252 on: July 26, 2020, 09:05:42 PM »
So trying to dig into my question about valves.  I found a video (from a UW Madison professor nonetheless).  But before you watch, I'll give you some of my quick thoughts:

- It's not entirely clear what the "fog" represents.  On the first demo they say the fog and cough sound were "added".
- The fancy laser seems to only be used with no mask, and cloth mask with nose wire.
- It's clear that cloth with wire is the best solution.
- vented exhausts down
- mask without wire exhausts up
- my contention, is that vented is approximately as effective as mask without wire
- and since we still believe this is droplet transmission, both of those probably still are fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwNU4jgAhvY

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2020, 09:59:32 PM »
Blaze, clearly right. 
MSNBC clearly left. 

So yes, different.

Oh, and for the record for everyone, if politics apply to the current topic -fine.  But we've all clearly veered from that path.

Now back to the masks...

NPR is a center news organization?!? 😂😂

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2020, 10:02:54 PM »
Blaze, clearly right. 
MSNBC clearly left. 

So yes, different.

Now back to the masks...

AP news and USA Today are almost as laughable calling both center as NPR.  Not quite as ridiculous, pretty close though.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2020, 10:19:36 PM »
AP news and USA Today are almost as laughable calling both center as NPR.  Not quite as ridiculous, pretty close though.

You're right, I am usually upset when my worldview is challenged as well.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2020, 10:24:37 PM »
NPR is a center news organization?!? 😂😂

It says NPR news. NPR opinion, which makes up much of their programming, is correctly lean left. I could buy it being fully Left tho

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2020, 10:38:42 PM »
It says NPR news. NPR opinion, which makes up much of their programming, is correctly lean left. I could buy it being fully Left tho

Both are full left.  And I understood the chart was considering their news center.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2020, 10:56:02 PM »
Both are full left.  And I understood the chart was considering their news center.

The chart has separate labels for "news" and for "opinion".

Now back to masks please...

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #259 on: July 26, 2020, 11:09:10 PM »
The chart has separate labels for "news" and for "opinion".

Now back to masks please...

You and Wags have now both clarified something I wasn’t confused on in the first place. But thanks anyway 🙄

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2020, 06:41:34 AM »
You and Wags have now both clarified something I wasn’t confused on in the first place. But thanks anyway 🙄

Well then I guess you're just wrong. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #261 on: August 02, 2020, 10:59:22 PM »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #262 on: August 02, 2020, 11:28:10 PM »
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, Sand Bar Bash:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1290117595161452544?s=19

Sickening. This is the reason this is going to get worse.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #263 on: August 02, 2020, 11:36:46 PM »
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, Sand Bar Bash:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1290117595161452544?s=19

I think the most disgusting part is how much of a sausage fest that is.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2020, 09:23:26 AM »
I think the most disgusting part is how much of a sausage fest that is.

Honestly thought it was scenes from Fire Island out east.

Though, FWIW, this is similar to the situation in the Ozarks that thankfully didn’t result in any substantial spread

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2020, 09:46:07 AM »

The Economist as left is unbelievable.  Only one country in the world would it be considered left... the United States.  The other 95% of the world it would be considered centrist.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2020, 10:11:00 AM »
The Economist as left is unbelievable.  Only one country in the world would it be considered left... the United States.  The other 95% of the world it would be considered centrist.

I tend to think that if one believes 'everything' is 'left/right' or 'biased', it says more about that person than anything else. 

I don't know about others, but I have no issues finding a broad range of media and multiple sources to be informed on any relevant topic in the US. 

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2020, 04:21:20 PM »
https://wbbm780.radio.com/articles/annual-boat-party-goes-ahead-in-east-peoria-despite-covid-19

Not just Wisconsin and Michigan.
Masks? Masks? I don’t need no stinking  I want to party!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #268 on: August 03, 2020, 05:47:23 PM »
I was on a plane today and the millenials sitting across from me slipped their masks down under their noses whenever the flight attendants weren't in the cabin. What a bunch of as$$holes.
Have some patience, FFS.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2020, 10:04:02 AM »
"How profit and incompetence delayed N95 masks while people died at the VA"

"A contractor with zero experience received a $34.5 million contract to supply the VA with masks and other medical supplies. He flew around the country on a private jet trying to track everything down. He ultimately dis not deliver a single mask to the VA"

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-profit-and-incompetence-delayed-n95-masks-while-people-died-at-the-va/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #270 on: August 04, 2020, 10:45:58 AM »

"A contractor with zero experience received a $34.5 million contract to supply the VA with masks and other medical supplies. He flew around the country on a private jet trying to track everything down. He ultimately dis not deliver a single mask to the VA"

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-profit-and-incompetence-delayed-n95-masks-while-people-died-at-the-va/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I hope no one is surprised by this.

Whether it is open corruption or explicitly choosing to let people in blue states die, the monster in the WH has been completely unmasked (sorry, bad pun).

We shut down the economy for nothing. We squandered everything for lack of any leadership from POTUS or the Veep. When Biden takes over in January, he is going to have to go back to step 1. The difference is that trump was at step 1 with 15 cases. Biden will be at step 1 with hundreds of thousands of cases.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #271 on: August 04, 2020, 11:55:54 AM »

I hope no one is surprised by this.

Whether it is open corruption or explicitly choosing to let people in blue states die, the monster in the WH has been completely unmasked (sorry, bad pun).

We shut down the economy for nothing. We squandered everything for lack of any leadership from POTUS or the Veep. When Biden takes over in January, he is going to have to go back to step 1. The difference is that trump was at step 1 with 15 cases. Biden will be at step 1 with hundreds of thousands of cases.
Unfortunately in January you will have 25% of the population that will actively try to undermine the efforts to improve the situation.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2020, 12:07:14 PM »

Yay capitalism!

How Profit and Incompetence Delayed N95 Masks While People Died at the VA
https://www.propublica.org/article/how-profit-and-incompetence-delayed-n95-masks-while-people-died-at-the-va/

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2020, 01:28:51 PM »
Unfortunately in January you will have 25% of the population that will actively try to undermine the efforts to improve the situation.

True. But we will have leaders who won’t flippantly say “it is what it is” when reminded how many people have died.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #274 on: August 04, 2020, 03:33:20 PM »
Yay capitalism!

How Profit and Incompetence Delayed N95 Masks While People Died at the VA
https://www.propublica.org/article/how-profit-and-incompetence-delayed-n95-masks-while-people-died-at-the-va/

I don't believe there is anything at all wrong with capitalism.

But we don't have capitalism in this country.