collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180383 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #650 on: October 23, 2020, 08:53:37 AM »
I think it would be interesting to capture an additional question in these polls/studies.

Do you wear a mask when in 'close proximity' with family members or close friends that do not live in your household

MU82

• All American
« Reply #651 on: October 23, 2020, 09:17:40 AM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #652 on: October 23, 2020, 06:50:07 PM »

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #653 on: October 23, 2020, 08:39:47 PM »
Fauci says tonight it “might” be time to start mandating masks.  Suggesting it wasn’t necessary up until now?

For being the leading voice on infectious disease he’s been all over the place.  He should have been fighting for this mandate 7 months ago, why now during our third wave “might” it be time? 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #654 on: October 23, 2020, 08:45:45 PM »
He has been saying it for months. Here is one example from more than two months ago.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fauci-says-he-favors-mask-mandate-in-interview-with-matthew-mcconaughey

In the interviews where he waffled, he was clear that everyone should wear a mask, and was mostly concerned with the ability to enforce a mandate. That is very different from not saying people should wear masks.

But you knew that…

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #655 on: October 23, 2020, 08:48:42 PM »
He has been saying it for months. Here is one example from more than two months ago.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fauci-says-he-favors-mask-mandate-in-interview-with-matthew-mcconaughey

In the interviews where he waffled, he was clear that everyone should wear a mask, and was mostly concerned with the ability to enforce a mandate. That is very different from not saying people should wear masks.

But you knew that…

My point is there should be no waffling from the leading voice in infectious disease.  Mandate masks!!!

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #656 on: October 23, 2020, 08:52:15 PM »

But you knew that…

And you know there is a very big difference in encouraging everyone to wear a mask and mandating it.  In that very interview he never once says he supports a mandate.  Just that he supports universal mask wearing, mandate with penalty for not wearing now!

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #657 on: October 23, 2020, 08:59:53 PM »
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/released-emails-show-fauci-signed-who-statement-approving-chinas?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Everyone said early on listen to the experts.  This is what our leading expert was doing early on.  Our biggest mistake was giving him the keys to the car.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #658 on: October 23, 2020, 09:12:56 PM »
Sigh. We’ve been over this at least a dozen times.

A lot of people - even Fauci - made mistakes the first couple months.

By mid- to late-March, however, so much more was known. Fauci and every other expert was saying masks and social distancing were musts.

But your emperor decided that masks were “weak,” and he did everything to undermine and mock.

He actually visited a mask factory - at which every visitor and employee had to wear a mask - and didn’t wear one. He sent his VP to the Mayo Clinic and didn’t let him wear one. He wouldn’t let his staff wear masks at meetings. He refused to answer questions from reporters wearing masks. He made fun of Biden for wearing a mask. He held superspreader rallies without masks or social distancing (RIP Herman Cain).

All of this after it was accepted science. And he’s STILL doing it.

But, like you, he justifies it by referring to shyte from Jan and Feb.

Stop. Please.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #659 on: October 23, 2020, 09:20:31 PM »

By mid- to late-March, however, so much more was known. Fauci and every other expert was saying masks and social distancing were musts.

But your emperor decided that masks were “weak,” and he did everything to undermine and mock.

He actually visited a mask factory - at which every visitor and employee had to wear a mask - and didn’t wear one. He sent his VP to the Mayo Clinic and didn’t let him wear one. He wouldn’t let his staff wear masks at meetings. He refused to answer questions from reporters wearing masks. He made fun of Biden for wearing a mask. He held superspreader rallies without masks or social distancing (RIP Herman Cain).

Stop. Please.

I’m talking about today!  In an interview today Fauci couldn’t even bring himself to whole heartedly supporting a mask mandate.  What do we have to do to convince that guy that without a mandate enforced with financial penalty (maybe a short stint in jail?) for lack of compliance that we’ll just be spinning our tires. 

If he’s not going to be supporting it in his public interviews how in the hell can you expect Trump to support it?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #660 on: October 23, 2020, 09:21:14 PM »
My point is there should be no waffling from the leading voice in infectious disease.  Mandate masks!!!

We all know what has happened to people in this administration who have contradicted Trump. The fact that he has said it several times shows that he is being far more bold than virtually anyone else.

I know you’re here just to be a contrarian, but this is getting silly.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #661 on: October 23, 2020, 09:22:05 PM »

Stop. Please.

By not mandating masks Trump is listening to the end all be all Fauci.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #662 on: October 23, 2020, 09:23:43 PM »

We all know what has happened to people in this administration who have contradicted Trump. The fact that he has said it several times shows that he is being far more bold than virtually anyone else.

I know you’re here just to be a contrarian, but this is getting silly.

He said today (TODAY!!!!) a mandate would be a waste of time because of having to enforce it.  How is this getting silly?  These are lives on the line Gooo?!?!?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #663 on: October 23, 2020, 09:38:10 PM »
He said today (TODAY!!!!) a mandate would be a waste of time because of having to enforce it.  How is this getting silly?  These are lives on the line Gooo?!?!?

Of course there should be a mask mandate. I have been saying that for a long time.

But with regard to Fauci, if he said what he really believes, he would be fired for contradicting Trump. You know that, and playing dumb about it is just silly.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #664 on: October 23, 2020, 09:44:20 PM »

Of course there should be a mask mandate. I have been saying that for a long time.

But with regard to Fauci, if he said what he really believes, he would be fired for contradicting Trump. You know that, and playing dumb about it is just silly.

So he’s more worried about keeping his position on the task force then speaking truth in these interviews which would result in saving thousands of lives?  Great.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #665 on: October 23, 2020, 09:51:02 PM »
So he’s more worried about keeping his position on the task force then speaking truth in these interviews which would result in saving thousands of lives?  Great.

People who have been shut down by Trump have been shut down for good. He is trying to keep his job so that he can spread the word as best he can. But again, you knew that.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #666 on: October 23, 2020, 09:58:13 PM »

People who have been shut down by Trump have been shut down for good. He is trying to keep his job so that he can spread the word as best he can. But again, you knew that.

Whose been shut down for good?  Are you suggesting Trump is axing people ?

Also, I really liked Biden’s requirement of truckers and anyone driving over state lines to have to wear masks while in their 18 wheelers/cars.  Little bit of low hanging fruit with that policy suggestion but a no brainer for immediate impact.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #667 on: October 23, 2020, 09:58:48 PM »

Also, I really liked Biden’s requirement of truckers and anyone driving over state lines to have to wear masks while in their 18 wheelers/cars.  Little bit of low hanging fruit with that policy suggestion but a no brainer for immediate impact.

Surprised Pakuni didn’t have this on that hard hitting list.

MU11W

• Walk-On
« Reply #668 on: October 23, 2020, 10:01:02 PM »

At what point do you just shut the unnatural carnal knowledge up? I know this is an act, but holy crap grow up Peter Pan.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #669 on: October 23, 2020, 10:03:31 PM »
At what point do you just shut the unnatural carnal knowledge up? I know this is an act, but holy crap grow up Peter Pan.

???

Are you against masks bruh or why you so fired up?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #670 on: October 23, 2020, 10:17:00 PM »
You’re a bot, I guess. Later.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #671 on: October 23, 2020, 10:28:04 PM »
Classic.

I make a few posts essentially agreeing with everyone’s wish on this board for a mask mandate and I get called a bot and to shut the unnatural carnal knowledge up.

I just wish Fauci was on the same page as us!! You think we can convince our local leadership to attach jail time to people being caught not wearing a mask once Biden gets in?  I fear public pressure won’t be enough.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #672 on: October 23, 2020, 10:42:51 PM »

Whose been shut down for good?  Are you suggesting Trump is axing people?

Remember Nancy Messonnier?

CDC official who made early warning about coronavirus silenced by Trump, documentary reveals

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/cdc-trump-coronavirus-documentary-nancy-messonnier-b1205877.html

———————

Fauci is trying to do his job to protect people, while avoiding being silenced. It is a very fine line with this president.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #673 on: October 23, 2020, 10:51:01 PM »

CDC official who made early warning about coronavirus silenced by Trump, documentary reveals

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/cdc-trump-coronavirus-documentary-nancy-messonnier-b1205877.html

———————

Fauci is trying to do his job to protect people, while avoiding being silenced. It is a very fine line with this president.

Nancy wasn’t fired.  I don’t get it.

And it doesn’t change the fact that if you believe Fauci isn’t speaking his whole truth that means he’s putting his job at the ripe old age of 80+ in front of trying to save lives.  Your conspiracy theory is a bit of a stretch.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #674 on: October 23, 2020, 10:53:34 PM »

———————

You should change your profile name to Fauci Whisperer.

feedback