collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Racism at Talladega  (Read 12295 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Racism at Talladega
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2020, 07:24:25 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2020, 07:30:31 PM »

Uhhhh...your greatest fear was that it was a misunderstanding and not a deliberate act???  😳😳😳

you know what i mean sully my greatest fear are the knee jerk reactions and assuming guilt before innocence.  my greatest fear is how the innocent police are being treated and the illiterate protesters taking down every statue they know nothing about.  didn't they read the plaques next to the statues first or can they not read either
don't...don't don't don't don't

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2020, 07:41:20 PM »
you know what i mean sully my greatest fear are the knee jerk reactions and assuming guilt before innocence.  my greatest fear is how the innocent police are being treated and the illiterate protesters taking down every statue they know nothing about.  didn't they read the plaques next to the statues first or can they not read either
Seriously, GTFO. Like, I'm not kidding. I've sat on the sidelines while you've done your schtick taking a let bygones be bygones approach but this post is the end for me. At best you are an intentional provocateur who is an a$$hole and at worst you're a closet racist....no matter where you sit on that spectrum you don't have a place in this forum IMHO.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2020, 07:43:06 PM »
This is nothing like Smollett.

The amount of racists exposing themselves on social media today about this. Yipes.

This below is a photo taken this week from Talladega:

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2020, 07:51:52 PM »

Um. What?

No one was assumed guilty in this incident. Not one single person was accused.

So why are you dragging your other talking points here?  This topic has nothing to do with statues. Did you even read it?  Or can’t you read either?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2020, 08:00:22 PM »
your "greatest fear"??  seriously?  drama much?  my greatest fear is what just happened.  everyone jumped to concusions until the whole story was out and if anyone even dared to question it...well we all know how that goes. 

nads, as a former "journalist" you should know better

The confederate flag being flown overhead and wanting to “bring back NASCAR” was probably just a misunderstanding by libs jumping to conclusions too fast.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2020, 08:11:03 PM »
I will say, if the reporting is accurate, this is a very positive sign for society. Whoever discovered the garage door pull probably would have walked past it 3 months ago without giving it a second thought but the fact that they thought enough to surface it is great. That is an example of being aware of your unconcious bias.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2020, 08:27:50 PM »
Seriously, GTFO. Like, I'm not kidding. I've sat on the sidelines while you've done your schtick taking a let bygones be bygones approach but this post is the end for me. At best you are an intentional provocateur who is an a$$hole and at worst you're a closet racist....no matter where you sit on that spectrum you don't have a place in this forum IMHO.
Closet?  I think he’s been out for quite a while.

Otherwise, BRAVO!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2020, 09:00:40 PM »
your "greatest fear"??  seriously?  drama much?  my greatest fear is what just happened.  everyone jumped to concusions until the whole story was out and if anyone even dared to question it...well we all know how that goes. 

nads, as a former "journalist" you should know better

Who jumped to conclusions in accusing anybody?

I know enough to know what you are.

There. NOW I've accused somebody.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2020, 09:07:44 PM »
No, that would require a brain capable of reason and planning. He's just a dumbass that regurgitates whatever he hears on Fox and Limbaugh.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2020, 10:07:15 PM »
I will say, if the reporting is accurate, this is a very positive sign for society. Whoever discovered the garage door pull probably would have walked past it 3 months ago without giving it a second thought but the fact that they thought enough to surface it is great. That is an example of being aware of your unconcious bias.

I don’t know, Eng. Maybe you’re right, but when a garage door pull rope that’s been in place forever is assumed to be a noose because a black man is using the garage I’m not sure that’s something to celebrate.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2020, 10:19:16 PM »
I don’t know, Eng. Maybe you’re right, but when a garage door pull rope that’s been in place forever is assumed to be a noose because a black man is using the garage I’m not sure that’s something to celebrate.

I think you've got that wrong.  It was a noose.  That was being used as a garage door pull. 
"The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall."

And last fall is hardly "forever".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 10:22:13 PM by rocky_warrior »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2020, 10:27:42 PM »
I think you've got that wrong.  It was a noose.  That was being used as a garage door pull. 
"The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall."

I was unaware that the rope was fashioned like a noose. Of course that changes things. Apologies.

Pakuni

• All American

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2020, 12:00:00 AM »
I have severe guilt for not driving to Oklahoma to help my brother move out following an ugly divorce.  Finding this MFer and beating the crap out might help me.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2020, 06:12:00 AM »
In the meantime....

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nascar/news/bubba-wallace-noose-mike-skinner/tl4wwe3qo3ih1k3jmrf64w62w

Perfect.

For the same people who think Obama's election "proves" there's no such thing as systemic racism in America, the fact that there really wasn't a noose placed in Bubba Wallace's garage as a racist statement or threat "proves" that racism isn't really an issue at all anymore.

Except you have thousands - maybe millions - of people just like this arse-wipe, who blames Wallace for having "singlehandedly destroyed" NASCAR and who wishes they would have tied the noose to Wallace "and drug him around the pits."

As disgusting as that seems, it's OK ... once called out, he later said he "loves everyone" and "this was not about race at all." So again, America's all good on the race issue.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2020, 06:30:40 AM »

I'm not entirely convinced it was "fashioned" as a noose....the noose knot is a self-constricting knot(which is why it's used the way it is) not sure why a garage pull would be tied in that type of knot unless you wanted to re-tie it every day. A bowline would be a much more appropriate knot.

*as an Eagle Scout and avid sailor I know lots of things about knots

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2020, 07:26:37 AM »
Perfect.

For the same people who think Obama's election "proves" there's no such thing as systemic racism in America, the fact that there really wasn't a noose placed in Bubba Wallace's garage as a racist statement or threat "proves" that racism isn't really an issue at all anymore.

Except you have thousands - maybe millions - of people just like this arse-wipe, who blames Wallace for having "singlehandedly destroyed" NASCAR and who wishes they would have tied the noose to Wallace "and drug him around the pits."

As disgusting as that seems, it's OK ... once called out, he later said he "loves everyone" and "this was not about race at all." So again, America's all good on the race issue.

Bubba Wallace is responsible for restrictor plates and bland tracks?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2020, 07:37:49 AM »
The video making the rounds on early morning television clearly shows a noose hanging in a stall. It could not possibly be mistaken for anything else.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2020, 07:38:59 AM »

Bubba Wallace is responsible for restrictor plates and bland tracks?

And all left turns. You know dem "marxists."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2020, 08:50:46 AM »
The video making the rounds on early morning television clearly shows a noose hanging in a stall. It could not possibly be mistaken for anything else.

So someone did this eight months ago hoping that it would go unnoticed until Bubba Wallace was randowmly assigned this garage?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 08:52:51 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2020, 08:54:55 AM »
So someone did this eight months ago hoping that Bubba Wallace would eventually be assigned this garage?

At least my understanding is that it’s now not about targeting Wallace. The question is more about why was there a rope tied like a noose in the first place.

Some say this is pretty common in NASCAR garages to pull the garage door. If so, why did the FBI need to be involved? There are still a lot of questions with this one.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2020, 08:56:21 AM »
So someone did this eight months ago hoping that it would go unnoticed until Bubba Wallace was randowmly assigned this garage?

Of course not.  I can however see why this happened.  If Im Bubba, I am totally on edge/lookout.

I have to say though - it looks like a noose.  Why did someone do that and why did no one take it down?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2020, 09:00:59 AM »

No. My understanding is that this (noose for door pulls) may have been something that has existed in Nascar in general. ...such as Confederate Flags etc....I don't think it appears Wallace was targeted, but it appears at least to an extent, that having a noose as a door pull ir whatever reason was not out of the question in Nascar. And similar to other racist symbols it needs to go.

Perhaps this was put there in general with malicious intent. Perhaps it was put there with ignorance to its symbolism and representation. It doesn't matter.

In this situation, someone other than Wallace saw it and reacted accordingly. Hopefully the solution is that we don't see or hear of a noose in Nascar (or anywhere else) moving forward.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:03:27 AM by shoothoops »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2020, 09:07:30 AM »
No. My understanding is that this (noose for door pulls) may have been something that has existed in Nascar in general. ...such as Confederate Flags etc....I don't think it appears Wallace was targeted, but it appears at least to an extent, that having a noose as a door pull ir whatever reason was not out of the question in Nascar. And similar to other racist symbols it needs to go.

Perhaps this was put there in general with malicious intent. Perhaps it was put there with ignorance to its symbolism and representation. It doesn't matter.

In this situation, someone other than Wallace saw it and reacted accordingly. Hopefully the solution is that we don't see or hear of a noose in Nascar (or anywhere else) moving forward.

I am certainly not defending the practice, but if that is the case, why has this never been brought up before like the Confederate flags were?  No one thought, "Hey, as long as we are getting rid of racist symbols, let's lose all the noose garage door pulls?"

Also, if it were a common practice, no one said, "Oh, yeah, I forgot that people do this.  Let's get rid of it"? Instead, they immediately call the FBI?
Have some patience, FFS.