[Today at 09:26:49 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 09:10:52 PM]

Kolek Update by PointWarrior
[Today at 08:49:11 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[Today at 08:46:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Akanno shows out in scrimmage against NBA players  (Read 20747 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Akanno shows out in scrimmage against NBA players
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2020, 02:11:58 PM »
With Dex lighting it up will DJ be able to get on the court?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2020, 02:25:08 PM »
With Dex lighting it up will DJ be able to get on the court?
DJ will see the court, but the videos probably scared away Mane

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2020, 03:12:09 PM »
Clearly, they red shirted Dexter to keep him from showing up Markus.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2020, 03:57:35 PM »
Or, in the case of St. Johns, just keeping up.

That Dexter's a bad...
Shut your mouth!
But, I'm talkin' about Dexter.
Then we can dig it.

He's a complicated cat
No one can coach him like Stockton
John Stockton!
do do, do do, do do DO
8-) Right on
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2020, 05:29:29 PM »
Spencer Dinwiddie just tested positive. Hopefully Dexter didn’t get it while playing with him.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2020, 04:47:34 PM »
Spencer Dinwiddie just tested positive. Hopefully Dexter didn’t get it while playing with him.

Does anyone know I can change how I voted in the predictions of where MU finishes in the Big East with DJ poll?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2020, 04:56:18 PM »
Does anyone know I can change how I voted in the predictions of where MU finishes in the Big East with DJ poll?
Send your new vote to one of Chicos Bail Bonds burner accounts and ask if he will submit it for you    8-)
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2020, 05:33:33 PM »
It's not often we see current MU players take on current NBA players, so don't mind me, just climbing on the Dex hype train after seeing him take Donovan Mitchell off the dribble.

https://painttouches.com/2020/06/19/dexter-akanno-shows-out-in-scrimmage-against-nba-players/

You are correct it does not happen often. Not to compare in any way. But unheralded at the time, sit out Marquette Freshman Dwyane Wade beat Milwaukee Bucks All Star Ray Allen in one on one. Am told Ray Allen said “Get this kid away from me”

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2020, 08:55:02 PM »
You are correct it does not happen often. Not to compare in any way. But unheralded at the time, sit out Marquette Freshman Dwyane Wade beat Milwaukee Bucks All Star Ray Allen in one on one. Am told Ray Allen said “Get this kid away from me”

Man, that would be awesome if he could an NBA prospect.  MU's future will be significantly better.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2020, 11:43:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/osimplis/status/1278834030293606400?s=19

Love the the smooth criminal at the end.  Hoping Akanno breaks out this year.  Will be fun to watch.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2020, 03:16:52 PM »
I had no idea Dexter was that strong. He is built. Did that happen last year. I thought he was a lot skinnier than that.  I want on this bandwagon. However, if he really is the stud he looks like in this video why redshirt him?

I like everyone else have no idea how good he really is. But even if this video hype is leaning more towards "real" I don't think it's that weird he redshirted.

We had Markus who was going to get his his PT, his touches, his shots. We had Koby who coming into the year had a ton of hype(and even still got loads of PT), we had 5th year senior Sacar who was going to be a main piece regardless.

Then there were still guys like Greg and Symir in the backcourt and Cain on the wings. Two guys that are older and a guy who reclassified for a reason.

I'm not looking too much into the redshirt.

Let's hope the video is pretty accurate.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2020, 03:26:37 PM »
Ah remember the good ole days when Shannon Smith blocked Michael Jordan and everyone was excited for his future too?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2ei71p/throwback_jordan_gets_rekt_by_high_school_kid/
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2020, 08:45:24 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCZ_87lFd1E/?igshid=1ay1mydrin4kx

More. The kid in the red shorts guarding him at times is incoming Kentucky freshman Devin Askew.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2020, 10:05:10 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCZ_87lFd1E/?igshid=1ay1mydrin4kx

More. The kid in the red shorts guarding him at times is incoming Kentucky freshman Devin Askew.

Oh god. The hype train is leaving the station. And I bought a sleeper car ticket. ALL IN.

Really excited to see that he's been putting in a ton of work and making the redshirt year count. I know kids want to start out of the gate, but Wojo is making the RS year look palatable if Dex comes in and makes a Sacar-esque impact. Heck, by soph year he could be exceeding that.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2020, 10:10:48 AM »
Oh god. The hype train is leaving the station. And I bought a sleeper car ticket. ALL IN.

Really excited to see that he's been putting in a ton of work and making the redshirt year count. I know kids want to start out of the gate, but Wojo is making the RS year look palatable if Dex comes in and makes a Sacar-esque impact. Heck, by soph year he could be exceeding that.

Yeah I don't think he'll be an All Conference player next year, but I do think this is showing he has a skillset that I honestly didn't think he'd have at all in his time at Marquette, let alone by the first season he's going to play.  I thought he'd be a defense first big, strong guard who could slash a little bit in the half court and hopefully by his senior year he could be a junior year version of Sacar.  I now think he could be a junior year version of Sacar as a freshman.  But maybe it'll take more time.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2020, 05:55:42 PM »
Compared to the God awful shot that Koby has, it is nice to see great looking form on the outside perimeter.  He looks to me like the starting small forward next
year or even better then the incumbent Koby.  All I know, it is exciting to have 5 new players next year that look on paper that can all play and be successful.  That is
if there is a next year,  I can see what the Big Ten did today, and play 20 conference games and that is it.  Maybe the early tournaments can be saved as the kids
could be in a bubble.  Going to hard for the traveling buy games for the lower 50 teams in the NCAA.  Going to really hurt those programs.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2020, 08:26:32 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC7hH9gF3uL/?igshid=1im6lbn9jo05j

I will not overreact. I will not overreact. I will not overreact.

RELAX DEXTER!

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2020, 08:58:54 PM »
So are the expectations suddenly way higher than before all these videos or still kinda like those typical for a rando 3 star

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2020, 09:13:21 PM »
So are the expectations suddenly way higher than before all these videos or still kinda like those typical for a rando 3 star

I think it’s more that the rando 3 star worked out with an NBA HOFer/2 time MVP, then played pickup with a bunch of NBAers and fit right in, then played pickup with at least one Kentucky commit and fit right in, and has quality NBA players Tweeting about him.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2020, 09:59:29 PM »
Classic

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2020, 11:21:20 PM »
Classic

I would say that any hoopster can watch those videos and realize MU has gotten a steal, thank you D Wade for seeing real talent.   One thing for sure he is more
athletic then Sacar and even Howard was.   Having Carton and Dex, your going to see some crazy dunks next year.  If Cain or Oso, can not handle the wing, I see
lots of playing time for a 3 guard line-up.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2020, 09:04:25 AM »
I hafta admit that I'm falling for the Dex hype!

I so want there to be a season for obvious reasons (and a multitude of them), but right near the top of the list is I want to see our 3D Attack: Dex, DJ and Dawson!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2020, 09:28:08 AM »
I hafta admit that I'm falling for the Dex hype!

I so want there to be a season for obvious reasons (and a multitude of them), but right near the top of the list is I want to see our 3D Attack: Dex, DJ and Dawson!

Marquette is due for an unknown to break out and be a dude
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2020, 09:36:30 AM »
I would say that any hoopster can watch those videos and realize MU has gotten a steal, thank you D Wade for seeing real talent.   One thing for sure he is more
athletic then Sacar and even Howard was.   Having Carton and Dex, your going to see some crazy dunks next year.  If Cain or Oso, can not handle the wing, I see
lots of playing time for a 3 guard line-up.

Does Wade have a connection to Akanno?