'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Congrats to Jamil on New Italian Team  (Read 2426 times)

The Big East

• All American
Congrats to Jamil on New Italian Team
« on: August 14, 2020, 07:23:05 PM »
Congrats to Jamil Wilson for signing up  with Virtus Roma in Italian Series A. Jamil has done well in Italy over the years so it should be a good fit.

https://www.basketuniverso.it/la-virtus-roma-e-pronta-a-riportare-in-italia-lala-forte-americana-jamil-wilson/

Hoping he can get off to a good start and find his way back to the NBA.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: Congrats to Jamil on New Italian Team
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 10:14:52 AM »
Is there anywhere to get good salary info for these leagues? I would expect that Jamil is one of the top handful of players in the league, curious on what the difference is between the top guys in Europe compared to minimum NBA contracts.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 11:01:43 AM »
Me, too.  Would definitely like to see the comparison.  Thanks.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 11:33:16 AM »
Is there anywhere to get good salary info for these leagues? I would expect that Jamil is one of the top handful of players in the league, curious on what the difference is between the top guys in Europe compared to minimum NBA contracts.

Not really. It’s all kind of spotty and cobbled together, far less transparent than European soccer which is fairly easy to find.

NBA minimum is about 850K I believe. Top guys in Europe are $1.5-2MM+ depending (outside of the few random big money guys like Mirotic).  But the Italian league hasn’t been a top 3 Euro league in awhile, top 5 is debatable. So I would imagine he’s probably mid 6 figures given what I’ve seen before

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 12:12:40 PM »
Not really. It’s all kind of spotty and cobbled together, far less transparent than European soccer which is fairly easy to find.

NBA minimum is about 850K I believe. Top guys in Europe are $1.5-2MM+ depending (outside of the few random big money guys like Mirotic).  But the Italian league hasn’t been a top 3 Euro league in awhile, top 5 is debatable. So I would imagine he’s probably mid 6 figures given what I’ve seen before
I think the Italian Series A pays  an average player  5k a month plus housing and car . Proven Stars , such as some like  DJO , might get 10 to 15k plus housing and car .
 It depends on the leagues media deal.

Limits on number of foreign players per team , so the performance expectation is very high.

The problem with many of these foreign leagues is they Frequently default On player payments .

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 06:09:50 PM »
https://www.eurobasket.com/Italy/basketball.asp

This has been a good site in the past for me.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On