[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Bailey declares for draft  (Read 80607 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Bailey declares for draft
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2020, 04:15:58 PM »
Would it be so bad he left?  Give Oso and Cain more playing time, and then you could play Garcia at the 3 with Lewis at the 4.

It takes away one guy who can get hot from three. But his production is not difficult to replace.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2020, 04:17:17 PM »
I mean, I don't necessarily see this happening, but it wouldn't totally shock me either if a GM took him with a 2nd round pick as a favor to his dad. Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

Not sure what good that really does Brendan, tho.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2020, 04:32:03 PM »
Brendan *COULD* be our best guy this season.  If he figures out a way to play at the highest level he's shown, on a consistent basis, he can be really good.  Now I don't think it's fair to expect that, but I do see him as a player with a really high ceiling.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2020, 04:37:50 PM »
I mean, I don't necessarily see this happening, but it wouldn't totally shock me either if a GM took him with a 2nd round pick as a favor to his dad. Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.
I know you don't see it happening but it would shock me. The NBA is not MLB with 30-40 round draft. Invited to a camp, sure, use a draft pick, no way.

I fully expect him to be back but the idea of him leaving is not horrible. He seems like a really good guy just like all of Wojo's players, so I hope for the best for him. 

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2020, 04:44:04 PM »
Average shooter, average quickness, barely can create his own shot, not strong enough around the hoop, but plays pretty good D, will have experience and 2 years left!  Can
Improve

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2020, 04:51:11 PM »
Would it be so bad he left?  Give Oso and Cain more playing time, and then you could play Garcia at the 3 with Lewis at the 4.

If Garcia and Lewis start at the forward spots, Lewis would be the three and Garcia the four.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

OffTheGlass

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2020, 05:01:15 PM »
I can't see Bailey not coming back; however, his dad certainly is providing some good direction as to why his son is throwing his name out there. We need Bailey back. He's experienced and can do a lot of things for us, but there is no doubt he needs a confidence booster. If he can take that energy and effort and apply that to his offensive game from a mental standpoint, he definitely can be a difference maker over the next two years.

He's not ever going to be our top player but everyone needs a guy like Bailey who can help do the little things that matter, which we all witnessed he is capable of doing, but just not consistently.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2020, 05:03:57 PM »
Average shooter, average quickness, barely can create his own shot, not strong enough around the hoop, but plays pretty good D, will have experience and 2 years left!  Can
Improve

MU's best returning rebounder.  His quickness would look better but Wojo likes to put him on smaller players who are hot due to his propensity to get blocks.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2020, 05:20:45 PM »
He's not ever going to be our top player but everyone needs a guy like Bailey who can help do the little things that matter, which we all witnessed he is capable of doing, but just not consistently.
Well there's a draft profile.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2020, 05:28:48 PM »
The density of people who think he is actually trying to get drafted this year is...exhausting.

If you had the chance to get better and learn from. the best about where your flaws are, wouldn't you do it? I sure as hell would.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2020, 07:11:37 PM »

So not exactly a Marquette “all timer”, a’ina?

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2020, 07:25:33 PM »
If so many are stating he is smart for getting this feedback...are the hundreds of other kids with similar talent who don't go this route dumb? 

It seems smart to me...but I have to question why more don't do the same. 

Hope to see him back next year...great kid, seems like a hard worker, and had some real highs this year. 

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2020, 07:52:12 PM »
In the current restricted environment, how would Bailey even be evaluated?  I assume before June there is not going to be some sort of combine or camp, so does that mean NBA scouts would have to travel to Milwaukee to evaluate him in person?  Would they waste that time on a "fringe" prospect?  What exactly does declaring for the draft allow Bailey to do in regards to being evaluated?  Seems like a scout or two could watch some game film and advise him based on that.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2020, 08:05:49 PM »
In the current restricted environment, how would Bailey even be evaluated?  I assume before June there is not going to be some sort of combine or camp, so does that mean NBA scouts would have to travel to Milwaukee to evaluate him in person?  Would they waste that time on a "fringe" prospect?  What exactly does declaring for the draft allow Bailey to do in regards to being evaluated?  Seems like a scout or two could watch some game film and advise him based on that.

.....and that is what they will be doing....
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2020, 08:21:28 PM »
If Garcia and Lewis start at the forward spots, Lewis would be the three and Garcia the four.
Bailey can see the handwriting on the wall.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2020, 08:22:22 PM »
Bailey can see the handwriting on the wall.

Not sure about that
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2020, 08:59:27 PM »
FWIW, MU would drop from 59 to 70 without Bailey

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2020, 10:35:08 PM »
Don't know if I'd believe that. But I really don't think we're an NCAA team either way.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2020, 12:43:08 AM »
If Carton gets approval to play next year, MU will be at least on the bubble

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2020, 12:47:57 AM »
LOL....no they won't!

He is not that much of a difference maker 

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2020, 12:56:42 AM »
If so many are stating he is smart for getting this feedback...are the hundreds of other kids with similar talent who don't go this route dumb? 

It seems smart to me...but I have to question why more don't do the same. 

Hope to see him back next year...great kid, seems like a hard worker, and had some real highs this year. 
I think it is a head game ploy to prevent Wojo from thinking that Lewis should beat him out or slot in front of him or that he is not the best returning player.

BY DECLARING HIMSELF ELIGIBLE FOR THE NBA, BAILEY IS INDIRECTLY STATING THAT HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN HIS EYES, SO THAT IS HOW HE IS TREATED AND LOOKED AT AS SUCH, EVEN IF THERE IS OR IS NOT A QUESTION ABOUT IT.

So now, Wojo has no choice but to start him because after all, you can't slight a guy who declared for the NBA draft can you? It put the pressure and onus on Wojo and backs him into a corner. It's a status play to put himself over Garcia, Lewis or Carton. I see what's going on here. He's establishing his pecking order.

Actually think Jamal Cain is better. . . but that I neither here nor there.   

AZMarqfan

• Starter
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2020, 01:27:56 AM »
Love BB’s size, athleticism, defense, and improving 3-pt shot.  He’s someone that should make a huge leap next year, although I think he would greatly benefit from a system in which one person isn’t the focal point nearly every time down the floor.  Carlino, Ellensen, Howard, etc.  the Rowsey, Howard, Hauser 3-headed monster was sort of an exception. 

I hope he returns and his confidence grows. 

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2020, 02:29:25 AM »

He started for the Warriors most of last year.

Agree very good point and just to further clarify. He Started All 30 Games For the Warriors and was one of two Warriors to do so. Brendan also finished 14th in the Big East in rebounding at 5.7 rebounds per game.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2020, 05:03:19 AM »
Lots of Bailey disparagement in here. Seriously? While he was inconsistent, he is our best returning player. Cain, Theo, and Elliott have had their moments, but none are any more consistent than Bailey. He's our returning leader in offensive efficiency and tallied more rebounds and points than any of those guys. He would be a big loss to a team that lost a lot.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2020, 07:17:12 AM »
Lots of Bailey disparagement in here. Seriously? While he was inconsistent, he is our best returning player. Cain, Theo, and Elliott have had their moments, but none are any more consistent than Bailey. He's our returning leader in offensive efficiency and tallied more rebounds and points than any of those guys. He would be a big loss to a team that lost a lot.

Yep. If you look at his stats, he was better than the likes of Jamil after his sophomore year. No idea why people are so down on him.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback