collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 372601 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #4150 on: October 13, 2021, 07:52:38 AM »
From the NYT:

Legal experts say that state actions do not override Biden’s order. “Texas has just set itself up for a grand political show, but not a potentially legally sound initiative to stop all vaccine mandates,” James Hodge, the director of the Center for Public Health Law and Policy at Arizona State University, told The Times. That said, for companies wary of vaccine mandates, perhaps because they fear that workers may quit, the Texas order could provide cover to delay an announcement.

Several big companies said they would defy the Texas order, including American Airlines and Southwest Airlines, which are based in the state. Boeing, which has offices in Texas, announced a vaccine mandate yesterday.

Let Abbott try to enforce his illegal order.

It's a pure political play on his part -- he's desperate to keep the Trump base, as he faces primary challenges from his right -- and he doesn't care if it results in illnesses and deaths.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4151 on: October 14, 2021, 11:49:29 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/delta-add-200-monthly-health-insurance-charge-unvaccinated-staff-2021-08-25/

The article above from August .. Delta airlines added $200/month to unvaccinated employees' health insurance cost. 

My company has two cost levels of insurance where you qualify for the low cost option by achieving health points (earned by getting a physical, walking, yoga, whatever.)  Many plans, if you're a smoker, you pay more.

It seems that adding a surcharge for higher risk employees makes total sense and would be the preferred path instead of mandating/firing non-vaccinated workers.

A $2400 annual bite would be a huge self-inflicted sting, but OK.

Question .. has anyone seen data or other stories on companies raising insurance premiums for non-vaccinated employees?   (Google failed me.)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4152 on: October 14, 2021, 12:00:39 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/delta-add-200-monthly-health-insurance-charge-unvaccinated-staff-2021-08-25/

The article above from August .. Delta airlines added $200/month to unvaccinated employees' health insurance cost. 

My company has two cost levels of insurance where you qualify for the low cost option by achieving health points (earned by getting a physical, walking, yoga, whatever.)  Many plans, if you're a smoker, you pay more.

It seems that adding a surcharge for higher risk employees makes total sense and would be the preferred path instead of mandating/firing non-vaccinated workers.

A $2400 annual bite would be a huge self-inflicted sting, but OK.

Question .. has anyone seen data or other stories on companies raising insurance premiums for non-vaccinated employees?   (Google failed me.)

Your solution makes a lot more sense than firing doctors and nurses who have been on the front lines for 20 months.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4153 on: October 14, 2021, 12:15:36 PM »
Your solution makes a lot more sense than firing doctors and nurses who have been on the front lines for 20 months.

I doubt that there are many of those that refuse to be vaccinated.  And I wouldn't want to be treated by an unvaccinated medical professional.  At the minimum, that should be disclosed to any patient they come in contact with.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4154 on: October 14, 2021, 12:28:35 PM »
I doubt that there are many of those that refuse to be vaccinated. 

You’re kidding, right?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4155 on: October 14, 2021, 12:35:30 PM »
You’re kidding, right?

An AMA survey way back in June showed that 96 percent of doctors were fully vaccinated. Of the small percent not yet fully vaccinated, 45% planned to in the near future. So, the figure is probably closer to 98 percent today.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4156 on: October 14, 2021, 01:11:14 PM »
You’re kidding, right?

You need better sources.   Well publicized, but a relatively low number.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4157 on: October 14, 2021, 01:49:26 PM »
By any available statistics, almost no doctors have quit and a tiny percentage of nurses have quit due to COVID-19 vaccination requirements.

If I'm a patient in the hospital or a doctor's office or a physical therapy facility, etc, would I want to be treated by an unvaccinated doctor, PA, nurse practitioner, nurse or nursing assistant? Hell effen no! Who would?

The very few doctors and nurses who refuse to accept a proven life-saving vaccine for a highly contagious virus during a global pandemic should band together to form their own medical practices. They could cater exclusively to the unvaccinated. Given how many of the latter there are, those medical professionals could make quite a living.

Of course, lots of their customers would end up dead ... as would some of the medical professionals. But ... at least ... FREEDOM!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4158 on: October 14, 2021, 01:52:08 PM »

Lol.

Healthcare companies see doctors and nurses as nothing more than a walking pair of scrubs. If they could get monkeys to do the job for half the cost, they would.

"Front line heroes" is bullcrap

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4159 on: October 14, 2021, 02:00:18 PM »
Lol.

Healthcare companies see doctors and nurses as nothing more than a walking pair of scrubs. If they could get monkeys to do the job for half the cost, they would.

"Front line heroes" is bullcrap

And how is that different than any for profit career?
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4160 on: October 14, 2021, 02:54:18 PM »
'For-profit'?   Teachers, first responders paramedics.... oh, wait, they are already criminally underpaying paramedics.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4161 on: October 14, 2021, 03:02:59 PM »
'For-profit'?   Teachers, first responders paramedics.... oh, wait, they are already criminally underpaying paramedics.

Teachers? If they could hire a robot they would. First responders? I'd almost guarantee that in enough time we see AI in fire fighting technology, and AI in various aspects of policing causing downsizing in both. Paramedics? Same they've already come out with smart ambulances in certain areas.

Point is at almost any job we are all a walking pair of (insert here).
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4162 on: October 14, 2021, 03:29:10 PM »
Teachers? If they could hire a robot they would. First responders? I'd almost guarantee that in enough time we see AI in fire fighting technology, and AI in various aspects of policing causing downsizing in both. Paramedics? Same they've already come out with smart ambulances in certain areas.

Point is at almost any job we are all a walking pair of (insert here).

I was just responding to Lenny pointing out how medical professionals have been at the "front lines" and so should be respected more. Healthcare employers couldn't care less about individual doctors and nurses - front line or otherwise. All the PR in the last 18 months has been a joke to those working in the field.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4163 on: October 14, 2021, 03:39:55 PM »
I was just responding to Lenny pointing out how medical professionals have been at the "front lines" and so should be respected more. Healthcare employers couldn't care less about individual doctors and nurses - front line or otherwise. All the PR in the last 18 months has been a joke to those working in the field.
[/quote}

I was extending that notion.   

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4164 on: October 14, 2021, 04:07:44 PM »
An AMA survey way back in June showed that 96 percent of doctors were fully vaccinated. Of the small percent not yet fully vaccinated, 45% planned to in the near future. So, the figure is probably closer to 98 percent today.

And nurses?

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #4165 on: October 14, 2021, 04:12:20 PM »
And nurses?
you're not really going to bemoan nurses who don't believe in, or ignoring, medical science losing their jobs are you?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4166 on: October 14, 2021, 04:39:01 PM »
you're not really going to bemoan nurses who don't believe in, or ignoring, medical science losing their jobs are you?

Simplistic generalization, but why not?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4167 on: October 14, 2021, 04:42:43 PM »
Better get vaccinated.  1.   So you don't get fired.  2.   To lessen the risk of going to the understaffed hospitals.

COVID is responsible for 62% of police officer deaths over the last year and a half.  Head of the Chicago FOP wants his members to fight the vaccine mandate.

So

Much

Dumb.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 04:49:25 PM by tower912 »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #4168 on: October 14, 2021, 04:56:11 PM »
because a) it's their choice and b) a significant portion of a nurses job is understanding and following medical science - not doing so indicates they are not fit for the position.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4169 on: October 14, 2021, 05:10:30 PM »
because a) it's their choice and b) a significant portion of a nurses job is understanding and following medical science - not doing so indicates they are not fit for the position.

Our hospitals are very much understaffed right now. If you think it’s wise to put policies in place that exacerbate the problem, so be it. I don’t. Would I prefer that the nurse treating me in the hospital, the fireman saving my burning home or the cop answering my 911 call be vaccinated? Absolutely. But I don’t want my operation postponed, my house burning down or someone answering my 911 call too late because I’m being “protected” from the non vaccinated. They don’t scare me that much.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4170 on: October 14, 2021, 05:47:33 PM »

Because they're objectively unfit for their position.

Don't be stupid.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4171 on: October 14, 2021, 05:50:06 PM »
Our hospitals are very much understaffed right now. If you think it’s wise to put policies in place that exacerbate the problem, so be it. I don’t. Would I prefer that the nurse treating me in the hospital, the fireman saving my burning home or the cop answering my 911 call be vaccinated? Absolutely. But I don’t want my operation postponed, my house burning down or someone answering my 911 call too late because I’m being “protected” from the non vaccinated. They don’t scare me that much.

You're exaggerating the number of these people who are unvaccinated and are walking away from their professional careers.

It isn't a statistically significant amount.  I promise.  You're consuming media that has created a boogeyman that does not exist.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4172 on: October 14, 2021, 05:52:21 PM »

Are these front line hero’s just too lazy to abide by the testing rules then?  If you don’t get the 💉, then line up every week and get your test.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4173 on: October 14, 2021, 05:57:59 PM »
Are these front line hero’s just too lazy to abide by the testing rules then?  If you don’t get the 💉, then line up every week and get your test.

Not always possible. Some hospitals/systems are mandating the vaccine without a testing option.

Contrast to federal mandate that says you can test or vax.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4174 on: October 14, 2021, 07:03:20 PM »
You're exaggerating the number of these people who are unvaccinated and are walking away from their professional careers.

It isn't a statistically significant amount.  I promise.  You're consuming media that has created a boogeyman that does not exist.

As of August 18, 2021, 27% of healthcare workers were not vaccinated. Almost 2 months later I’m sure that number is lower. But assuming it’s insignificant is just plain stupid.

https://news.northeastern.edu/2021/08/18/many-healthcare-workers-still-havent-gotten-covid-19-vaccines/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 07:09:32 PM by Lennys Tap »