collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 372591 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #4125 on: October 08, 2021, 12:48:40 PM »
There are only two possible ways to interpret your every post on this topic since the beginning.

1. You're trolling. You don't actually mean any of the stuff you're saying. You're just saying it to 'own' someone.

2. You do believe the things that you are saying. If this is true, then the sole motivating philosophy of your life is that you ought to be able to do what you please, other people's interests be damned. That's certainly a choice, and you wouldn't be alone in espousing such a profoundly selfish philosophy in the country today. But don't pretend that you're some champion of higher principals. You just want to do what you want to do and not be interfered with by anything or anyone for any reason.

You'll forgive me if I find neither to reflect particularly well on you.

I spend 99% of my day doing things I don’t want to do buddy.  So you can take your back seat psychoanalysis of my intentions and shove it.

Asking for competence from subject matter experts isn’t asking too much.  I followed all the bs rules that were put on us and am now fully vaccinated.  I played by the rules and spent a good chunk of the last 2 years doing things I knew had little to no effect on the course of the pandemic and did it with a smile so to suggest I only want do things that I selfishly want to do could not be further from the truth.

Looking for accountability and a review on the crap of the last two years so we can better understand what not to do the next time we are faced with a pandemic is neither selfish nor a personal motivating philosophy.  It’s common sense.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #4126 on: October 08, 2021, 12:51:14 PM »
Don't worry you've shown us who you are time and time again. You're a known quantity. Lucky for you you've got that pseudonym so you'll never face any consequences for loudly declaring your character to the world and the world finding it wanting.

Enjoy your trolling.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4127 on: October 08, 2021, 12:51:24 PM »

Just once could you engage in an adult conversation.  What are you, 11?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4128 on: October 08, 2021, 12:52:04 PM »
Don't worry you've shown us who you are time and time again. You're a known quantity. Lucky for you you've got that pseudonym so you'll never face any consequences for loudly declaring your character to the world and the world finding it wanting.

Enjoy your trolling.

🤦‍♂️

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4129 on: October 08, 2021, 01:59:22 PM »
Just once could you engage in an adult conversation.  What are you, 11?
You go first.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4130 on: October 08, 2021, 02:04:22 PM »
700,000+ dead, but the real victim of the pandemic was trick or treating.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4131 on: October 08, 2021, 02:05:23 PM »
You go first.

The ol “I’m rubber you’re glue whatever you say bounces of me and sticks to you” comeback.

My guess of 11 was a little generous it turns out. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4132 on: October 08, 2021, 02:07:01 PM »
700,000+ dead, but the real victim of the pandemic was trick or treating.

Yup, that’s what I said Pakuni.  Good reading comprehension.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4133 on: October 08, 2021, 02:07:33 PM »
The ol “I’m rubber you’re glue whatever you say bounces of me and sticks to you” comeback.

My guess of 11 was a little generous it turns out.
Your disingenuousness and lies were easy to peg early in your posting tenure. You haven't changed one iota. Disinformation, outright lies, and twisted information. Complete troll.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4134 on: October 08, 2021, 02:14:05 PM »

Pretty much,
And, thanks.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4135 on: October 08, 2021, 02:47:39 PM »
I remember folks saying that covid was a cold/flu and it would be over with in a short time.

What's your unnatural carnal knowledgeing point?

Christ.

Stop worrying about who was right and who was wrong in the middle of the spread of an unknown disease. Focus on taking care of yourself - and others, if you're able.

This is not a troll, and my post history will show as much.

I don't disagree with your last point, but I think part of annoyance was so much of the hand wringing was beyond "take care of yourself and others".  Jay Marriotti chastising UW and its fans for rejoicing in Jump Around at the first home game and directing ire at the Fox Sports crew for celebrating it cause it was a massive super spreader event that would lead to catastrophe.  People cringing at any crowd shot with "we're still in a pandemic, SMH".  Non-medical folks being the arbiter of what was, or wasn't, acceptable behavior (well after vaccines were available and administered to anyone who wanted them) and deeming any number of things as THE reason the pandemic was ongoing or why this would still be a crisis in perpetuity.

I don't care who is right or wrong, I don't need to point to the scoreboard to say "SEE THERE WAS NO OUTBREAK FROM EVENT X", but short of getting vaccinated, and making sure your entire sphere is vaccinated , and being exasperated by those who aren't...stop clutching pearls about what others are doing.  Especially when you don't know their vaccination status.  Its been a horrible 18 months, so I get why people still have scar tissue that makes them recoil at things that would have been terrible at this time last year...but the reality is things aren't nearly as dire.

I saw an opinion piece that said full stadiums this fall, even if they require vaccination for entry like Vegas, are still wildly unsafe and selfish.  And it wasn't written by a medical professional.  That sort of crap is ridiculous and exhausting.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4136 on: October 08, 2021, 02:59:33 PM »

I don't disagree with your last point, but I think part of annoyance was so much of the hand wringing was beyond "take care of yourself and others".  Jay Marriotti chastising UW and its fans for rejoicing in Jump Around at the first home game and directing ire at the Fox Sports crew for celebrating it cause it was a massive super spreader event that would lead to catastrophe.  People cringing at any crowd shot with "we're still in a pandemic, SMH".  Non-medical folks being the arbiter of what was, or wasn't, acceptable behavior (well after vaccines were available and administered to anyone who wanted them) and deeming any number of things as THE reason the pandemic was ongoing or why this would still be a crisis in perpetuity.

I don't care who is right or wrong, I don't need to point to the scoreboard to say "SEE THERE WAS NO OUTBREAK FROM EVENT X", but short of getting vaccinated, and making sure your entire sphere is vaccinated , and being exasperated by those who aren't...stop clutching pearls about what others are doing.  Especially when you don't know their vaccination status.  Its been a horrible 18 months, so I get why people still have scar tissue that makes them recoil at things that would have been terrible at this time last year...but the reality is things aren't nearly as dire.

I saw an opinion piece that said full stadiums this fall, even if they require vaccination for entry like Vegas, are still wildly unsafe and selfish.  And it wasn't written by a medical professional.  That sort of crap is ridiculous and exhausting.

People in the media/public sphere can crow about whatever they want. Good or bad.

I'm just disappointed in those in this community that feel the need to keep score or monday-morning quarterback decisions. It leads to nothing.

If you've done your part and what was asked of you and continue to do so, good on you. If you don't like the rules/regulations put on your locality/state/nation, get rid of those folks next time an election comes around.

I've said that schools should be open. I've said that once people are vaccinated, they should be free to attend events. I've said private corporations should be able to set their own restrictions.

The majority of people's reactions is purely politically based. And that's significantly true for making judgements in hindsight.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #4137 on: October 11, 2021, 09:11:37 AM »

You only have 122 total posts that count and God only knows how many 1000's in this forum. You really don't come here for MU Bball as much as to troll in here.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4138 on: October 11, 2021, 02:55:47 PM »
Shouts to the county I live in with 99% partial vaccination rate for those eligible. (And surrounding counties including the District also doing very well)

https://dcist.com/story/21/10/11/montgomery-county-hits-99-partial-vaccination-rate-for-eligible-residents/

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #4139 on: October 12, 2021, 06:08:22 AM »

I agree with most of this, but the middle paragraph.  As a health care professional, the last 18 months have been exhausting.  We see lots of chronic diseases (heart disease, alcoholism), which we cannot get sick from the patients.  Even with my vaccination, there's still the thing in the back of your mind, that worries you when you are in that room.   My county has the highest vaccination rates in the state.  You would think that matters, but 40% of our patients in the hospital for COVID are from all over the state.  So I do think it's important for others to get vaccinated and it's okay to be upset at people that refuse because of their own ignorance.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4140 on: October 12, 2021, 06:38:11 AM »
The Texas governor is an anti-business, anti-health hypocrite who kowtows to Trump and his base as he desperately tries to hold off challenges from far-right-wingers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/10/12/greg-abbott-bans-vaccine-mandate/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F34f3a94%2F61656ba79d2fda9d410b0590%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F12%2F38%2F61656ba79d2fda9d410b0590

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on Monday banned any entity in his state — including private businesses — from mandating coronavirus vaccines for workers or customers, expanding prior executive orders from his office that prohibited state government entities from imposing similar requirements.

Abbott’s move puts him at odds with some large corporations and with the Biden administration, which last month announced plans to require all employers with 100 or more workers to adopt vaccine mandates or testing regimens. A number of large private companies in Texas have issued mandates.

But hey, Abbott's all about personal choice ... unless it involves a woman and her reproductive system.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4141 on: October 12, 2021, 07:18:25 AM »
Pimping for the virus.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4142 on: October 12, 2021, 07:39:16 AM »
The Texas governor is an anti-business, anti-health hypocrite who kowtows to Trump and his base as he desperately tries to hold off challenges from far-right-wingers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/10/12/greg-abbott-bans-vaccine-mandate/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F34f3a94%2F61656ba79d2fda9d410b0590%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F12%2F38%2F61656ba79d2fda9d410b0590

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on Monday banned any entity in his state — including private businesses — from mandating coronavirus vaccines for workers or customers, expanding prior executive orders from his office that prohibited state government entities from imposing similar requirements.

Abbott’s move puts him at odds with some large corporations and with the Biden administration, which last month announced plans to require all employers with 100 or more workers to adopt vaccine mandates or testing regimens. A number of large private companies in Texas have issued mandates.

But hey, Abbott's all about personal choice ... unless it involves a woman and her reproductive system.

Not sure this would hold up in court but we will see.

I'm sure he is all for businesses turning away customers based on the owners religious beliefs though.  Hypocrisy knows no bounds.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #4143 on: October 12, 2021, 10:02:02 AM »
So could business owners say that their vaccine-mandates are religion-based? Would that work?
After all the Pope has stated people should get vaccinated….

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4144 on: October 12, 2021, 01:55:52 PM »
Got my booster this morning.  Hopefully I don't feel like doo doo tomorrow.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4145 on: October 12, 2021, 01:56:44 PM »
Got my booster this morning.  Hopefully I don't feel like doo doo tomorrow.

What'd you get? Did you Mix or match?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4146 on: October 12, 2021, 02:03:37 PM »
What'd you get? Did you Mix or match?

Pfizer, same as my first two

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #4147 on: October 12, 2021, 02:10:08 PM »
Pfizer, same as my first two

I got my Pfizer booster last Friday.  Same time in the day as my first two, and eight months after the second one.  The side effects timing was nearly identical to the second, but the severity was not as bad.  Some body aches and fatigue, but mostly a headache.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4148 on: October 12, 2021, 02:25:40 PM »

« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 03:49:06 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4149 on: October 12, 2021, 03:25:56 PM »
Businesses don't need a reason to mandate vaccines.  It's perfectly legal.

The hypocrite governors of Texas and Florida -- who criticize "big government" but have tried to use their executive power to make it illegal for private businesses to mandate vaccinations -- would disagree with you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback