[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 373013 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3250 on: August 01, 2021, 09:11:33 AM »
I will also point out that Murdoch run media has largely been pro-vax in Britain, echoing the messaging of Boris Johnson.

While in the US, Murdoch owned media has been rife with anti-vax conspiracy theorists.  I wonder why?  It's a mystery.

Anyway, its seems like rocket is right.  The media is to blame for something.  He's just wrong on the details.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3251 on: August 01, 2021, 09:22:52 AM »
Hmm

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3252 on: August 01, 2021, 09:42:58 AM »

Actually the idea that the press is leading people to believe it is primarily conservatives that are refusing to vaccinate is absolutely false.  I know you like to blame the media constantly, but I have seen PLENTY of articles that say it is a widespread problem.  For instance, yesterday's New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/us/virus-unvaccinated-americans.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

So instead of constantly wasting your breath here complaining about the media, try to get some of your conservative types to get vaccinated.  It would be more helpful and less whiney.

i'm not whiney, i just don't trust our media as most "thinking" people do either.  there is a large segment that loves to sow divisions among us as opposed to bring us together.  you can see it in this board.  look at retireO's comment-he'd rather some just shut up because he doesn't want to hear anything different than what he's been indoctrinated with.

there is nothing wrong with questions.  as we found out, the "experts" are not experts. naturally, we seek safe havens.  we gravitate toward those who make sense to us.  when we hear conflicting answers, more questions are going to be sought to be answered.  when there's push back, it creates more questions and then doubt.  when some are deified while others are shunned, more questions are created and trusts are violated.  whose interests are being satiated?  follow the money? do as i say and not as i do knows no bonds.

the seeds of division were sown before jan. 6.  asking those in opposition to #45 and they sent out a blow horn message that the vaccine was not to be trusted.  now...?? 

there are also many people who are fearful of anything they put into their bodies.  now you want to FORCE something?  this crosses political lines 

for many people, we are still only the 3rd phase of trials for the vaccines

many want to see the source of this virus punished.  we as a world need to unify against china for which words have no justification.  if we do not push for resolutions and "reparations" on this, it WILL happen again.  once again, follow the money and the control

as for your answer sully-" I know you like to blame the media constantly, but I have seen PLENTY of articles that say it is a widespread problem.  For instance, yesterday's New York Times."

they all do it answer rings very hollow and lazy.  there are no more standards for our media to follow as they once used to-case in point-don lemon, jim acosta, chris cuomo et.al. purport to be a "journalists"  tucker carlson and laura ingraham are pundits

unless questions are raised, we will only continue to be pawns.  for some to be censored on social media raises alarm bells.  not that they can or cannot be censored, but the reasons and subjects they are being censored for does not help the cause

if you want to go with the status quo here, then you are not part of the solution

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 10:38:58 AM by rocky_warrior »
don't...don't don't don't don't

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3253 on: August 01, 2021, 09:49:35 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1421825159917342726

I love Scotty.  Glad to see some trusted voices are now highlighting those that die from Covid and those that die with Covid.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3254 on: August 01, 2021, 10:00:05 AM »
I’d be interested in the breakthrough cases by vaccine. With J&J being 65% effective in preventing disease, I would imagine most cases are coming from that, which would be expected. Still preventing serious illness and death. Also, I haven’t read if J&J is as effective against Deta as the MRNA vaccines.

Maybe I’m interpreting the math wrong, but think we are seeing that with the Brewers. They just had 2 guys go on the IL who were vaccinated and Yelich who was vaccinated. I know the Brewers were vaccinated  with J&J, so would assume Yelich was. I don’t think the other two were up at the time. However, if an entire team is vaccinated with J&J and has a breakthrough case, it’s likely to result in a few other positives, but not serious illness.

Granted this wouldn’t be a great headline to sell papers. “Vaccines working as we expected. Go get vaccinated.”

Also, rocket, that nickname is totally inappropriate and should be deleted.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3255 on: August 01, 2021, 10:15:03 AM »
  i'm not whiney, i just don't trust our media as most "thinking" people do either.  there is a large segment that loves to sow divisions among us as opposed to bring us together.  you can see it in this board.  look at retardO's comment-he'd rather some just shut up because he doesn't want to hear anything different than what he's been indoctrinated with.

there is nothing wrong with questions.  as we found out, the "experts" are not experts. naturally, we seek safe havens.  we gravitate toward those who make sense to us.  when we hear conflicting answers, more questions are going to be sought to be answered.  when there's push back, it creates more questions and then doubt.  when some are deified while others are shunned, more questions are created and trusts are violated.  whose interests are being satiated?  follow the money? do as i say and not as i do knows no bonds.

the seeds of division were sown before jan. 6.  asking those in opposition to #45 and they sent out a blow horn message that the vaccine was not to be trusted.  now...?? 

there are also many people who are fearful of anything they put into their bodies.  now you want to FORCE something?  this crosses political lines 

many want to see the source of this virus punished.  we as a world need to unify against china for which words have no justification.  if we do not push for resolutions and "reparations" on this, it WILL happen again.  once again, follow the money and the control

as for your answer sully-" I know you like to blame the media constantly, but I have seen PLENTY of articles that say it is a widespread problem.  For instance, yesterday's New York Times."

they all do it answer rings very hollow and lazy.  there are no more standards for our media to follow as they once used to-case in point-don lemon, jim acosta, chris cuomo et.al. purport to be a "journalists"  tucker carlson and laura ingraham are pundits

unless questions are raised, we will only continue to be pawns.  for some to be censored on social media raises alarm bells.  not that they can or cannot be censored, but the reasons and subjects they are being censored for does not help the cause

if you want to go with the status quo here, then you are not part of the solution

Yea rocket. You are the wise and discerning one here. Lol.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3256 on: August 01, 2021, 10:45:38 AM »
  i'm not whiney, i just don't trust our media as most "thinking" people do either.  there is a large segment that loves to sow divisions among us as opposed to bring us together.  you can see it in this board.  look at retireO's comment-he'd rather some just shut up because he doesn't want to hear anything different than what he's been indoctrinated with.

Right on time. Thanks for illustrating the point.

Even before removing “retard0” from the original post, it’s high comedy. I appreciate you, keeps perspective for the rest of us in a world of algorithmic echo chambers.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3257 on: August 01, 2021, 10:46:28 AM »

Eat at Arby’s
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3258 on: August 01, 2021, 11:08:46 AM »
  i'm not whiney, i just don't trust our media as most "thinking" people do either.  there is a large segment that loves to sow divisions among us as opposed to bring us together.   
This.Is.Awesome.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3259 on: August 01, 2021, 11:51:34 AM »

Brother, once you realize you're the one who is absolutely lost in the sauce you might come back around.

Also, your license to practice should be revoked.  I'd be terrified to let you make a medical decision for anyone I know.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3260 on: August 01, 2021, 11:56:11 AM »
Brother, once you realize you're the one who is absolutely lost in the sauce you might come back around.

Also, your license to practice should be revoked.  I'd be terrified to let you make a medical decision for anyone I know.

Maybe keefe will contact the Department of Safety and Public Services this time.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3261 on: August 01, 2021, 12:00:27 PM »
Representative Gosar, is that you?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3262 on: August 01, 2021, 05:02:01 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1421825159917342726

I love Scotty.  Glad to see some trusted voices are now highlighting those that die from Covid and those that die with Covid.

Your statement isn't the same thing as what Scott said. He indicated that detection of COVID was secondary to the primary cause of hospitalization or death.

So for instance, a person could have a heart attack and be hospitalized. From routine testing they determine that they had COVID. They could still die from COVID after hospitalization for the primary event.

For asymptomatic cases, obviously they are not dying from COVID. But at no time during the pandemic would an asymptomatic individual have been counted as a COVID death, no matter how much you or the right-wing media want to believe it.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3263 on: August 01, 2021, 05:42:17 PM »
I think gottliebs statement is nothing more than statistical reassurance that the vaccine works.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3264 on: August 01, 2021, 05:55:35 PM »
I think gottliebs statement is nothing more than statistical reassurance that the vaccine works.

I agree. His statement is correct and accurate. That doesn't stop it from already being used as proof to conspiracy theories where people believe no one actually dies from COVID.

Just like people are now saying that the development of PCR tests that can simultaneously differentiate flu vs COVID, is proof that the tests were flawed...inaccurate, and more. Too many people not understanding the data/science blatantly manipulating statements/data to support their agendas.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3265 on: August 03, 2021, 02:23:26 PM »
Good opinion piece about the possibility of unvaccinated people getting COVID-19 getting punished with higher insurance rates:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/02/opinion/health-insurance-unvaccinated.html?action=click&campaign_id=4&emc=edit_dk_20210803&instance_id=36960&module=Opinion&nl=dealbook&pgtype=Homepage&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=65203&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

This paragraph did a good job of capturing my thoughts in response to: "But who are they hurting but themselves?"

The logic behind the policies is that the offenders’ behavior can hurt others and costs society a lot of money. If a person decides not to get vaccinated and contracts a bad case of Covid, they are not only exposing others in their workplace or neighborhoods; the tens or hundreds of thousands spent on their care could mean higher premiums for others as well in their insurance plans next year. What’s more, outbreaks in low-vaccination regions could help breed more vaccine-resistant variants that affect everyone.

Yep. Some of the same people who are constantly whining about "lazy" folks collecting unemployment or about "welfare cheats" ... well, they don't seem to have a problem with these selfish weasels running up everybody's insurance costs. Not to mention them spreading potential horrific variants of the virus to all of us.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3266 on: August 03, 2021, 03:50:23 PM »
A thousand times, yes.   Plenty of employers/insurers charge more for health insurance if you are a smoker.   Absolutely they should charge more for the unvaccinated.

Or develop a new service tier .. "In-Network" and "out-of-network" have different rates to push you to use network providers because the network is far less expensive.   You know what's also 9999x less expensive?  Getting a $20 vaccination instead of going to the hospital for 3 weeks.

pacearrow02

• Starter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3268 on: August 03, 2021, 09:04:07 PM »
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/08/teachers-unions-opposing-vaccine-mandate-schools-open-closed.html

Damn Republican virus huggers.

Not a single person here said only Republicans were foolishly opposing vaccines.

What we said was that many Republican political leaders and right-wing media outlets are actively trying to undermine the distribution of these life-saving vaccines.

As for specifics of that article …

Teachers should be vaccinated. Period.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3269 on: August 03, 2021, 09:24:50 PM »
Not a single person here said only Republicans were foolishly opposing vaccines.

What we said was that many Republican political leaders and right-wing media outlets are actively trying to undermine the distribution of these life-saving vaccines.

As for specifics of that article …

Teachers should be vaccinated. Period.

From what I’ve seen damn near all Republican leaders are lock step with the opinion of the teacher unions.  They support the vaccine, believe it saves lives, but are against any sort of mandate for it.

I’m sure you can point to a few yahoo Republican leaders who might have actually said they don’t believe in the vaccine but every party has their wing nut members.  I’d be shocked to see an actual quote or article from a Republican gov, senator, etc who has said they don’t believe in the efficacy of the vaccine. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3270 on: August 03, 2021, 09:42:25 PM »
From what I’ve seen damn near all Republican leaders are lock step with the opinion of the teacher unions.  They support the vaccine, believe it saves lives, but are against any sort of mandate for it.

I’m sure you can point to a few yahoo Republican leaders who might have actually said they don’t believe in the vaccine but every party has their wing nut members.  I’d be shocked to see an actual quote or article from a Republican gov, senator, etc who has said they don’t believe in the efficacy of the vaccine.

Unions also likely have a secondary motive here. They don't want to "agree" to something without getting something in return. Everything is a negotiation for them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3271 on: August 04, 2021, 02:36:15 AM »
I’d be shocked to see an actual quote or article from a Republican gov, senator, etc who has said they don’t believe in the efficacy of the vaccine.

You're kidding, right? At CPAC, for example, they marched out one after another who mocked the very idea of the vaccine and efforts to get it distributed, and they got standing ovations for their idiocy. Many have actively, aggressively sowed doubt in the efficacy of the vaccine.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3272 on: August 04, 2021, 06:16:26 AM »
You're kidding, right? At CPAC, for example, they marched out one after another who mocked the very idea of the vaccine and efforts to get it distributed, and they got standing ovations for their idiocy. Many have actively, aggressively sowed doubt in the efficacy of the vaccine.

I’m not saying one or a handful of the speakers didn’t do what your saying but there are a lot more then just elected officials speaking at CPAC.

Is there a link or article you could send over, I can’t find anything.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3273 on: August 04, 2021, 07:21:27 AM »
I’m not saying one or a handful of the speakers didn’t do what your saying but there are a lot more then just elected officials speaking at CPAC.

Is there a link or article you could send over, I can’t find anything.

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) on Monday joined a growing wing of the GOP expressing skepticism about coronavirus vaccines, blasting them as “experimental” while urging President Joe Biden to reverse a mask mandate for unvaccinated soldiers on a base in Alabama.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/07/19/gop-rep-brooks-pushes-anti-vaccine-talking-points-in-letter-to-biden/

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3274 on: August 04, 2021, 07:32:32 AM »
Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) on Monday joined a growing wing of the GOP expressing skepticism about coronavirus vaccines, blasting them as “experimental” while urging President Joe Biden to reverse a mask mandate for unvaccinated soldiers on a base in Alabama.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/07/19/gop-rep-brooks-pushes-anti-vaccine-talking-points-in-letter-to-biden/

Sweet home Alabama!!!  Didn’t see this and definitely don’t agree with it.  I’ll be sure to not support him in his run for senate.

The only other reference to an elected official that they called a “growing list” was Massie from Kentucky who is against mandating military from having to get the vaccine.  I know there are a lot who don’t support mandates but if Mo Brooks is the only one I think it’s safe to say both parties are pretty well aligned behind getting the vaccine.

feedback