[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 373015 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3300 on: August 04, 2021, 08:25:09 PM »

Is this the same president who's allowing covid positive immigrants to cross the border from Mexico, hey?

So I'm sure you agree anyone within our borders should be vaccinated.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3301 on: August 04, 2021, 08:44:42 PM »
Advocate Aurora Health just announced mandatory vaccination for its employees.

Good

Detailed announcement.  The mandate includes remote workers and those who have no direct patient contact.

https://www.advocateaurorahealth.org/news/advocate-aurora-health-announces-covid-19-vaccination-requirement-for-team-members
Have some patience, FFS.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3302 on: August 04, 2021, 09:06:38 PM »
Texas GOP Official Mocked COVID Five Days Before He Died of Virus

A GOP official from Texas who regularly espoused anti-vaccine and anti-mask views online has died from COVID-19, five days after posting a meme on Facebook questioning the wisdom of getting inoculated against COVID.

Apley is a staunch conservative and devout Christian. But based on his social media activity, Apley didn’t believe COVID was going to affect him or his family.

In May, Apley posted an invitation for a “mask burning” being held at a bar in Cincinnati, commenting, “I wish I lived in the area!” A couple of weeks earlier, he posted a news article about giveaways and incentives meant to encourage people to get vaccinated, writing, “Disgusting.” Apley also railed against so-called vaccine passports, which restrict high-risk activities, such as indoor dining, to the fully vaccinated.

Recently, he suggested that mask mandates in Germany were akin to Nazism.

https://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_ecb2fe5f-cee6-5106-9fdb-13b09245ab72.html

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3303 on: August 04, 2021, 09:09:45 PM »
Texas GOP Official Mocked COVID Five Days Before He Died of Virus

A GOP official from Texas who regularly espoused anti-vaccine and anti-mask views online has died from COVID-19, five days after posting a meme on Facebook questioning the wisdom of getting inoculated against COVID.

Apley is a staunch conservative and devout Christian. But based on his social media activity, Apley didn’t believe COVID was going to affect him or his family.

In May, Apley posted an invitation for a “mask burning” being held at a bar in Cincinnati, commenting, “I wish I lived in the area!” A couple of weeks earlier, he posted a news article about giveaways and incentives meant to encourage people to get vaccinated, writing, “Disgusting.” Apley also railed against so-called vaccine passports, which restrict high-risk activities, such as indoor dining, to the fully vaccinated.

Recently, he suggested that mask mandates in Germany were akin to Nazism.

https://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_ecb2fe5f-cee6-5106-9fdb-13b09245ab72.html

Don’t hate to see it.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3304 on: August 04, 2021, 09:36:54 PM »
Don’t hate to see it.

New father, sad story.  You are one sick puppy celebrating the death of what appeared to be a good man so you can make yourself feel better or score cheap political points.  #curapersonalis

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3305 on: August 04, 2021, 09:48:30 PM »
New father, sad story.  You are one sick puppy celebrating the death of what appeared to be a good man so you can make yourself feel better or score cheap political points.  #curapersonalis

How exactly was someone who mocked and spewed hate a good man in your books?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3306 on: August 04, 2021, 09:56:01 PM »
How exactly was someone who mocked and spewed hate a good man in your books?

Because of what was said about him in the story.  Despite the mocking and less then kind words shared by posters here I hope everyone lives better lives out in the real world.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3307 on: August 04, 2021, 10:09:42 PM »

No, that’s bad man spreading disinformation to people that need to be encouraged otherwise.

No one is celebrating, but can’t say it wasn’t coming. Hopefully his followers learn from his fatal mistake.

The virus doesn’t care about your political beliefs, don’t let your political beliefs let the virus get the best of you.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 10:11:30 PM by Retire0 »

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3308 on: August 04, 2021, 10:09:58 PM »
Because of what was said about him in the story.  Despite the mocking and less then kind words shared by posters here I hope everyone lives better lives out in the real world.
He didn’t. He mocked and had unkind things to say about people. But he’s a good guy in your eyes. Odd.

Recently, he suggested that mask mandates in Germany were akin to Nazism. And when former Baltimore health commissioner Leana Wen celebrated good news this spring about the Pfizer vaccine’s efficacy, a seemingly outraged Apley called her “an absolute enemy of a free people.”

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3309 on: August 04, 2021, 10:26:05 PM »
No, that’s bad man spreading disinformation to people that need to be encouraged otherwise.

No one is celebrating, but can’t say it wasn’t coming. Hopefully his followers learn from his fatal mistake.

His followers?!?!?!?  He was a fricking city councilman, goodness.

The virus doesn’t care about your political beliefs, don’t let your political beliefs let the virus get the best of you.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3310 on: August 04, 2021, 10:27:33 PM »
He didn’t. He mocked and had unkind things to say about people. But he’s a good guy in your eyes. Odd.

Recently, he suggested that mask mandates in Germany were akin to Nazism. And when former Baltimore health commissioner Leana Wen celebrated good news this spring about the Pfizer vaccine’s efficacy, a seemingly outraged Apley called her “an absolute enemy of a free people.”

Thanks for essentially repeating your earlier post. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3311 on: August 04, 2021, 10:30:10 PM »
Over 3,000 followers on his socials, yeah, not a good guy.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3312 on: August 04, 2021, 11:52:33 PM »

Why are you plagiarizing the Daily Beast?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/h-scott-apley-chair-of-galveston-county-texas-gop-mocked-covid-days-before-he-died-of-virus

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3313 on: August 05, 2021, 01:09:50 AM »

Sounds like Apley was a truly terrible human being who didn't care about truth or about the lives of his fellow human being.

But yes, it's still sad he died of the virus he mocked. I sincerely wish that hadn't happened.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3314 on: August 05, 2021, 03:58:37 AM »
So I'm sure you agree anyone within our borders should be vaccinated.

Got no problem with the 'hole fookin' adult wurld gettin' poked, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3315 on: August 05, 2021, 05:58:00 AM »
Yes, he is working aggressively to prevent private businesses from mandating vaccines. It’s right in the order.

So, not what you stated.  Also, I said show me the language.  I'm just asking for honesty here.  What you claimed does not exists.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3316 on: August 05, 2021, 07:41:52 AM »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3317 on: August 05, 2021, 08:32:15 AM »

Got no problem with the 'hole fookin' adult wurld gettin' poked, hey?

Phrasing

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3318 on: August 05, 2021, 11:35:59 AM »

It is a sad story for his wife and baby. They have my sympathies.

I have no sympathy for him. He was encouraging innocent people to die and to kill others.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3319 on: August 05, 2021, 11:40:22 AM »
So, not what you stated.  Also, I said show me the language.  I'm just asking for honesty here.  What you claimed does not exists.

Here is what I said about DeSantis:

He is actively, aggressively working to prevent vaccinations from taking place in Florida, despite sometimes saying otherwise.

Again, it's right in sections 2, 3 and 4 of his executive order. When you threaten private businesses with extreme penalties if they require proof of vaccinations, you are actively and aggressively working to prevent vaccinations from taking place in your state.

I'm pretty surprised you don't agree with that, Hards. DeSantis is definitely not helping the vaccine distribution process in Florida. Indeed, he is undermining it. Which helps explain why Florida has become Delta Central.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3320 on: August 05, 2021, 12:23:03 PM »
Quoting. I cited the article in the original post about him.

No, you cited the local rag.

You then took the commentary from daily Beast verbatim.   The beast had the original article, plus commentary.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3321 on: August 05, 2021, 12:38:06 PM »
No, you cited the local rag.

You then took the commentary from daily Beast verbatim.   The beast had the original article, plus commentary.

Sorry, I obviously went back and clicked the wrong link. As you noted, it had the article and commentary. Sorry you think that quoting his words is somehow plagiarizing. 
If you would like, I can go back and find many more examples of his words directly. Would that make you happy?

Just curious why anyone would think this guy was a fine individual. Sad really.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3322 on: August 05, 2021, 12:49:22 PM »
Sorry, I obviously went back and clicked the wrong link. As you noted, it had the article and commentary. Sorry you think that quoting his words is somehow plagiarizing. 
If you would like, I can go back and find many more examples of his words directly. Would that make you happy?

Just curious why anyone would think this guy was a fine individual. Sad really.

Just commenting on the plagiarizing, that's all.  Don't care about this dude one way or another.

Plagiarizing is frowned upon in these parts.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3323 on: August 05, 2021, 01:13:10 PM »
Just commenting on the plagiarizing, that's all.  Don't care about this dude one way or another.

Plagiarizing is frowned upon in these parts.

Full articles yes.  Most quotes, including the ones used in the last page, are fair use for discussion. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3324 on: August 05, 2021, 03:29:23 PM »

Wild U.S. deer found with coronavirus antibodies
A new study detected coronavirus antibodies in 40 percent of deer tested this year. Here’s why that matters.

BYDINA FINE MARON
PUBLISHED AUGUST 2, 2021

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/wild-us-deer-found-with-coronavirus-antibodies?cmpid=org=ngp::mc=crm-email::src=ngp::cmp=editorial::add=SubWeekly_20210805&rid=241BA4D41597465E5702C58F7203475B