[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 357763 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #600 on: December 03, 2020, 07:44:37 AM »
In a Massachusetts poll this week, 38 percent of respondents said they were unlikely or very unlikely to get a vaccine.

A Gallup poll last month showed 42 percent of Americans were unwilling to take a COVID-19 vaccine, even if it were FDA-approved and free.

Other polls have showed similar reluctance nationally and at the state level, although the numbers have improved since news of successful vaccine trials broke in the past month.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #601 on: December 03, 2020, 08:10:47 AM »
In a Massachusetts poll this week, 38 percent of respondents said they were unlikely or very unlikely to get a vaccine.

A Gallup poll last month showed 42 percent of Americans were unwilling to take a COVID-19 vaccine, even if it were FDA-approved and free.

Other polls have showed similar reluctance nationally and at the state level, although the numbers have improved since news of successful vaccine trials broke in the past month.

People say one thing and will do another when they get a taste of normality.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #602 on: December 03, 2020, 08:18:09 AM »
People say one thing and will do another when they get a taste of normality.

Here's hoping. Also encouraging that the numbers who say no have been decreasing.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #603 on: December 03, 2020, 08:21:12 AM »
I had a routine doctor's appointment yesterday.
My doctor said they would offer COVID vaccines for the general public starting April because he said they're a part of Yale Health System and Yale Health will be receiving vaccines.  He said he expects the vaccines will be available sooner to the public because "there are too many stupid people who won't take the vaccine, so there will be vaccines available to the public sooner."
He also said he preferred the Moderna vaccine based on the temperature storage issue.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #604 on: December 03, 2020, 08:44:40 AM »
I had a routine doctor's appointment yesterday.
My doctor said they would offer COVID vaccines for the general public starting April because he said they're a part of Yale Health System and Yale Health will be receiving vaccines.  He said he expects the vaccines will be available sooner to the public because "there are too many stupid people who won't take the vaccine, so there will be vaccines available to the public sooner."
He also said he preferred the Moderna vaccine based on the temperature storage issue.

Personally, I will take whichever I can get first.  Having said that, Moderna is not my favorite company.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #605 on: December 03, 2020, 09:10:30 AM »
Personally, I will take whichever I can get first.  Having said that, Moderna is not my favorite company.

Moderna: Because Moderna has never brought a product to market before? Or that it's based on mRNA technology and the first ever mRNA therapy was approved in 2019?

I'm not that confident that production + logistics is going to go as smoothly as people are expecting.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #606 on: December 03, 2020, 09:23:53 AM »
Moderna: Because Moderna has never brought a product to market before? Or that it's based on mRNA technology and the first ever mRNA therapy was approved in 2019?

I'm not that confident that production + logistics is going to go as smoothly as people are expecting.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #607 on: December 03, 2020, 09:47:27 AM »

I used to also not be a big fan of Moderna. Seemed sketchy, and had concerns about the fact that they have never brought a product to market. Having talked to colleagues, in the know, I have much more faith in them in terms of the vaccine. Would be very happy to get it.

But, I have concerns about production and logistics too. Could limit the availability of the Moderna vaccine.

Overall though, I have major concerns regarding the vaccine roll-outs. States still haven't been provided the finances and resources to be able to execute any plans.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #608 on: December 03, 2020, 09:55:02 AM »
Once we all start getting vacines,  are we still gonna have to wear masks?  Like, if I get mine in April, but most people dont until June, am i the asshöle for not wearing a mask.  Or do i get a hat or a sticker to wear, "vaccinated", and then I'm good?

Part sarcasm but part serious question.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #609 on: December 03, 2020, 09:57:16 AM »
Once we all start getting vacines,  are we still gonna have to wear masks?  Like, if I get mine in April, but most people dont until June, am i the asshöle for not wearing a mask.  Or do i get a hat or a sticker to wear, "vaccinated", and then I'm good?

Someone stated on CNN last night that there's talks of an Vaccination ID that people will receive. I would guess that would cover you to not wear a mask
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU11W

• Walk-On
« Reply #610 on: December 03, 2020, 09:59:59 AM »
Maybe we could get one for each vaccine we've received and then just pin them to our shirts like pieces of flair?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #611 on: December 03, 2020, 10:08:29 AM »

Quite simply. Yes.

We don't know if you can be a vector for disease spread still after vaccination. But you would be more likely to have a asymptomatic case. Which means, if you can still be a disease vector, you may be more likely to be a super spreader.

So masks are still absolutely necessary for those that get vaccinated, unless you only care about your self, and don't give a damn if you spread this to dozens of others.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #612 on: December 03, 2020, 10:08:45 AM »
What real presidents who really care about real Americans do ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/02/covid-vaccine-obama-will-take-doses-might-film-to-build-confidence.html

Former Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton have said they will take a coronavirus vaccine once one is available and may film it to build confidence in the U.S. about vaccine safety.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #613 on: December 03, 2020, 10:09:58 AM »
Maybe we could get one for each vaccine we've received and then just pin them to our shirts like pieces of flair?

Must.
Not.
Quote.
Office.
Space.
Here.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #614 on: December 03, 2020, 10:14:15 AM »
Someone stated on CNN last night that there's talks of an Vaccination ID that people will receive. I would guess that would cover you to not wear a mask

Microchip or gold star?

I kid of course.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #615 on: December 03, 2020, 11:06:06 AM »

You're usually the a-hole.     Seriously, though, I don't think anyone has that answer yet.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #616 on: December 03, 2020, 11:12:55 AM »
Quite simply. Yes.

We don't know if you can be a vector for disease spread still after vaccination. But you would be more likely to have a asymptomatic case. Which means, if you can still be a disease vector, you may be more likely to be a super spreader.

So masks are still absolutely necessary for those that get vaccinated, unless you only care about your self, and don't give a damn if you spread this to dozens of others.

I wouldn't mind wearing a mask after getting the vaccine, even if its only purpose was to make other people more comfortable to be around me.

And I do hope they have a vaccine ID.  I think it would open things up more quickly.  For example, they could start letting people into basketball games, but you would have to show your vaccination ID as well as your ticket to get in.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #617 on: December 03, 2020, 11:14:01 AM »
FWIW, I am still wearing a mask in public.    Common courtesy, really.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #618 on: December 03, 2020, 11:23:11 AM »
I wouldn't mind wearing a mask after getting the vaccine, even if its only purpose was to make other people more comfortable to be around me.

And I do hope they have a vaccine ID.  I think it would open things up more quickly.  For example, they could start letting people into basketball games, but you would have to show your vaccination ID as well as your ticket to get in.

Agreed. As much as people would freak out about it being invasive it'd be good for the economy and a return to normalcy. Sports games, concerts, bars, restaurants, etc etc. I'd still wear a mask as a courtesy but would gladly waltz right into all my old favorite activities.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #619 on: December 03, 2020, 11:25:28 AM »
I'm going to corner the market on fake vaccine IDs.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #620 on: December 03, 2020, 01:00:18 PM »
Quite simply. Yes.

So the mask-related value projecting pissing match of 2021 is going to be about threading the needle between "the vaccine has been available long enough that anyone that wanted one has gotten one so you can take off your masks" and "the immunity of the first people to get vaccines might be wearing off so put your masks back on"? Looking forward to it.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #621 on: December 03, 2020, 01:10:24 PM »
So the mask-related value projecting pissing match of 2021 is going to be about threading the needle between "the vaccine has been available long enough that anyone that wanted one has gotten one so you can take off your masks" and "the immunity of the first people to get vaccines might be wearing off so put your masks back on"? Looking forward to it.

We might as well sew 'em to our faces, hey?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #622 on: December 03, 2020, 01:28:13 PM »
In our current Presidential leadership vacuum, three former Presidents (Bush, Clinton and Obama) consider getting vaccinated on camera to bolster public confidence in the vaccines.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/12/03/covid-vaccine-obama-bush-clinton-said-theyll-take-publicly/3806592001/

Sure would be nice if the current occupant did more than just taking credit for OWS....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 01:31:11 PM by GooooMarquette »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #623 on: December 03, 2020, 02:14:15 PM »
This is really cool .. shows a guess where you are in line for the vaccine:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #624 on: December 03, 2020, 02:25:30 PM »
This is really cool .. shows a guess where you are in line for the vaccine:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html

Anybody know if having a Left Bundle Branch Block would be considered a "covid related health risk" or "heart disease?"  If so I am a little over 25% back in the line.  If not (and I don't think it would be) I am the very last person in line in this exercise.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback