[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 372730 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2800 on: June 04, 2021, 12:20:48 PM »
Walgreens isn’t gonna break protocol for individual people. They are a licensed pharmacy that has to follow medication guidelines.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2801 on: June 04, 2021, 01:39:41 PM »
Ouch.  So .. my 12 and 14 year olds got #1 three weeks ago Sunday.  I'd rather have them get the shot Saturday, so if they're sick, it'd be Sunday and not a school day.

Think they'd give a shot after 20 days instead of 21?

SSM Health in Madison said that you can go 19 days up to 60 days for round 2.  They'll give you 2 days prior.  I would confirm that before you go, but that was what I was told.  Pfizer.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2802 on: June 04, 2021, 02:12:37 PM »
This has come up a lot in the Vaccine Hunters group. The CDC says a shot given up to four days before is still considered valid, but they do not recommend scheduling it that way. Whether a place will give it or not is of course up to them, but it’s allowed.
Just for further food for thought, the recommended interval goes up to 42 days and most recommendations would be to go a few days longer as opposed to shorter.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2803 on: June 04, 2021, 11:43:04 PM »
SSM Health in Madison said that you can go 19 days up to 60 days for round 2.  They'll give you 2 days prior.  I would confirm that before you go, but that was what I was told.  Pfizer.

I got my first last week.  I’m traveling to a wedding the day after what would be the timeframe for my second.  We asked the pharmacist if we could do it a day earlier so in case there are side effects, they can hopefully be out of the way. He said not a problem

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2804 on: June 07, 2021, 07:17:10 AM »
Good news for many "long-haulers":

Wendy French of Chicago used to run 10 miles a day several times a week before she caught COVID-19 in September, which left her fatigued and suffering from a variety of symptoms for months after the virus was supposedly gone.

The previously healthy 45-year-old stopped running and even began dreading typical household chores such as doing laundry, because it required standing for so long that she grew tired.

But after French got her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine in mid-April, she described feeling healthy for the first time in more than seven months.The second dose in May brought greater improvement to her health.

“I felt really good the next day after the first one,” she said. “I had more energy than I’ve had in weeks.”

It’s a phenomenon that has surprised – and elated – medical experts: A growing number of COVID-19 “long-haulers,” those with lingering long-term symptoms linked to the virus, are reporting sudden improvement after getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Initial research has found that anywhere from 30% to 40% of these patients describe some symptom relief post-vaccination.

It’s still unclear why some coronavirus survivors don’t seem to get better weeks or even months after infection. Now scientists and physicians are trying to understand why many of these patients seem to feel better after getting vaccinated, improvements that range from a mild decline in symptoms to a return to their pre-COVID-19 health.

Theories include the possibility that the vaccine might be stopping a harmful immune response in long-haulers or that the shot could be resetting their immune systems. Some clinicians and scientists have theorized that long-haulers suffer from residual amounts of virus remaining in their bodies, and vaccination might help their immune systems fight off what’s left over.

Equally puzzling is why the shots seem to help some long-haul patients recuperate while others report no improvement after getting immunized.

“We don’t have a lot else to offer people with long-COVID,” said Dr. Daniel Griffin, an infectious disease physician at Columbia University in New York. “So the thing we encourage across the board is get those vaccine doses, see if it makes a difference.”

A survey on the Survivor Corps Facebook site found that roughly 40% of participants experienced some health improvement post-vaccination. The poll, which was tallied in May, includes nuanced questions about which vaccine the respondent took and the degree of improvement, as well as which symptoms seemed to have lessened or disappeared. Other respondents indicated no change post-vaccination, and some did report feeling worse.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2805 on: June 07, 2021, 10:14:03 AM »
That's good to hear. Two friends of mine ~40 have persistent arthritis symptoms & diminished lung capacity, and they're about 6 months post covid. One has tinnitus, which I wouldn't wish on anyone except for the muscoop admins. I'm hopeful that my friends recover fully sometime soon here...

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2806 on: June 07, 2021, 11:16:59 AM »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American

Warrior2008

• Starter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2809 on: June 07, 2021, 12:47:23 PM »
Marquette to require all to be vaxxed.

https://today.marquette.edu/2021/06/a-message-from-president-lovell-student-vaccination-requirement/

Nice to see.

Just to tweak your intro comment a bit Lens.  It's All students.  Faculty, staff, admin strongly encouraged.  :) 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2810 on: June 07, 2021, 01:23:23 PM »
Just to tweak your intro comment a bit Lens.  It's All students.  Faculty, staff, admin strongly encouraged.  :)

Good catch, thx
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2811 on: June 07, 2021, 01:30:01 PM »
This sounds good and all, but if you look at the FAQ under "Compliance and Exemptions," you will find this:

"In alignment with our current vaccination policy, vaccine exemptions will be granted for medical, religious and personal conviction reasons."

"Personal conviction" is basically a catch-all for people who just don't want to get it. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2812 on: June 07, 2021, 01:51:15 PM »
This sounds good and all, but if you look at the FAQ under "Compliance and Exemptions," you will find this:

"In alignment with our current vaccination policy, vaccine exemptions will be granted for medical, religious and personal conviction reasons."

"Personal conviction" is basically a catch-all for people who just don't want to get it.

In other words, the people who aren’t vaccinated will not need to be vaccinated.

Why even have a policy?

• All American
« Reply #2813 on: June 07, 2021, 02:24:49 PM »
In other words, the people who aren’t vaccinated will not need to be vaccinated.

Why even have a policy?

My guess is that those who aren't vaccinated are still going to have to do things like wear masks indoors, quarantine as a close contact, not have overnight visitors in dorm room, etc.

So you have a policy to make it clear that those who are vaccinated are going to be able to have a much more normal college experience.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2814 on: June 07, 2021, 02:33:56 PM »

My guess is that those who aren't vaccinated are still going to have to do things like wear masks indoors, quarantine as a close contact, not have overnight visitors in dorm room, etc.

So you have a policy to make it clear that those who are vaccinated are going to be able to have a much more normal college experience.

From the FAQs:

What constitutes a “personal conviction?”

Students who request an exemption based on their personal beliefs must complete and submit an exemption form that requires them to 1) acknowledge the availability of a vaccine; 2) acknowledge the public good of being vaccinated; 3) acknowledge the personal risks of not being vaccinated; and 4) signing (or if a minor, having parent/legal guardian sign) the form to request the exemption based on their personal beliefs.

If a student is approved for a vaccine exemption, what will they be required to participate in related to COVID mitigation on campus?

Students who are granted an exemption will be required to complete the daily COVID Cheq screening process, participate in surveillance testing, quarantine for 14 days if contact tracing determines they came into close contact with someone infected with COVID-19, and any other university-wide protocols related to COVID-19 mitigation.

While there will no longer be a mask requirement in place, we support guidance from health officials that mask wearing indoors decreases the spread of COVID-19. We encourage members of our community who are unvaccinated, immunocompromised or at high risk for COVID-19 complications to continue wearing a mask while indoors.

https://www.marquette.edu/coronavirus/faq-top-ten.php?fbclid=IwAR2kwG8hetkoTvnz6CeDy5yiwTs_6h-KvCUT43ep-u4LMSVU7QKRMTFfVNI
Have some patience, FFS.

• All American
« Reply #2815 on: June 07, 2021, 02:51:51 PM »
From the FAQs:

Students who request an exemption based on their personal beliefs must complete and submit an exemption form that requires them to 1) acknowledge the availability of a vaccine; 2) acknowledge the public good of being vaccinated; 3) acknowledge the personal risks of not being vaccinated; and 4) signing (or if a minor, having parent/legal guardian sign) the form to request the exemption based on their personal beliefs.

If a student is approved for a vaccine exemption, what will they be required to participate in related to COVID mitigation on campus?

Students who are granted an exemption will be required to complete the daily COVID Cheq screening process, participate in surveillance testing, quarantine for 14 days if contact tracing determines they came into close contact with someone infected with COVID-19, and any other university-wide protocols related to COVID-19 mitigation.

While there will no longer be a mask requirement in place, we support guidance from health officials that mask wearing indoors decreases the spread of COVID-19. We encourage members of our community who are unvaccinated, immunocompromised or at high risk for COVID-19 complications to continue wearing a mask while indoors.

https://www.marquette.edu/coronavirus/faq-top-ten.php?fbclid=IwAR2kwG8hetkoTvnz6CeDy5yiwTs_6h-KvCUT43ep-u4LMSVU7QKRMTFfVNI

Yep.  Thank you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2816 on: June 07, 2021, 03:42:47 PM »
From the FAQs:

Outstanding info, thanks for providing.

What we have here is this:

You have the freedom of choice, but with that freedom comes responsibilities and consequences.

As it should be. Seems like job well-done by our alma mater!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2817 on: June 07, 2021, 04:07:37 PM »

I actually hope that broadly speaking that's the way it is for all of us.  If you're vaccinated, live life to its fullest with absolutely zero restrictions related to Covid.  If you're unvaccinated, here's the laundry list of protocols you'll have to follow.  Oh, and we as a business have every right NOT to make our product/service available to you.  (I'm thinking cruise ships, for example.)  Still, nobody is forcing you to be poked.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2818 on: June 07, 2021, 04:19:43 PM »
Need full approval by the FDA before mandates can be made. It's an important next step. There is just emergency approval right now that people forget.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/05/18/covid-vaccines-what-full-fda-approval-means-for-you.html

Also, tie the next stimulus check to the vaccine. Should have been done to start with. The choice remains with the individual.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 04:26:50 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2819 on: June 07, 2021, 04:36:05 PM »
I actually hope that broadly speaking that's the way it is for all of us.  If you're vaccinated, live life to its fullest with absolutely zero restrictions related to Covid.  If you're unvaccinated, here's the laundry list of protocols you'll have to follow.  Oh, and we as a business have every right NOT to make our product/service available to you.  (I'm thinking cruise ships, for example.)  Still, nobody is forcing you to be poked.

How would businesses verify vaccination?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2820 on: June 07, 2021, 04:36:21 PM »
Need full approval by the FDA before mandates can be made. It's an important next step. There is just emergency approval right now that people forget.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/05/18/covid-vaccines-what-full-fda-approval-means-for-you.html

Also, tie the next stimulus check to the vaccine. Should have been done to start with. The choice remains with the individual.

Next stimulus check? Lolz

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2821 on: June 07, 2021, 04:57:10 PM »
How would businesses verify vaccination?

I think that depends on the business.  I'm not worried about the corner store or restaurant.  I'm thinking things like international travel, university on campus experiences, stuff like that.  I'm sorta back where I've been for awhile.  I'm vaccinated so leave me alone to do as I please.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2822 on: June 07, 2021, 05:05:16 PM »
I think that depends on the business.  I'm not worried about the corner store or restaurant.  I'm thinking things like international travel, university on campus experiences, stuff like that.  I'm sorta back where I've been for awhile.  I'm vaccinated so leave me alone to do as I please.
I ultimately agree with you that life should be fully open to vaccinated folks and that unvaccinated folks may (should?) have doors closed to them.

But how are private businesses to verify vaccine status? What are the possible choice for how to go about that right now?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2823 on: June 07, 2021, 05:07:07 PM »
Next stimulus check? Lolz

The President (nose picker in chief in this funny picture) says there will be one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/fourth-stimulus-check-white-house-163100028.html

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2824 on: June 07, 2021, 05:15:07 PM »

I hope you are right.

feedback