[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 372762 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2775 on: May 30, 2021, 07:40:48 PM »
DeSantis orders cruise ships to allow unvaccinated passengers.
So I will ask the obvious question.  What power does he have to issue that order?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2776 on: May 30, 2021, 07:53:56 PM »
So I will ask the obvious question.  What power does he have to issue that order?

The executive order is in place until a state law saying the same thing begins July 1.  My guess is that it doesn't stand due to the federal government oversight of interstate commerce, but who knows...

It's mostly political grandstanding.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2777 on: May 31, 2021, 07:36:11 AM »
Just trying to live up to his nickname, "DeSatan".

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2778 on: May 31, 2021, 08:20:04 AM »
Just trying to live up to his nickname, "DeSatan".

Florida has cured covid. We just stopped reporting numbers. Problem solved!

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2779 on: May 31, 2021, 08:27:00 AM »
Vaccine Conspiracy Theorist Rick Wiles Hospitalized With COVID-19
https://hillreporter.com/vaccine-conspiracy-theorist-rick-wiles-hospitalized-with-covid-19-102360

“I am not going to be vaccinated. I’m going to be one of the survivors. I’m going to survive the genocide,”
“The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off, and I say stupid because they’re not using their brain – their God-given brain – to make a decision for their own good,” Wiles said
“Today, he was taken to the emergency room, and under medical advice, was admitted to the hospital.  He is currently on oxygen and is expected to remain there for a number of days.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:29:31 AM by pbiflyer »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2780 on: May 31, 2021, 11:58:06 AM »
Vaccine Conspiracy Theorist Rick Wiles Hospitalized With COVID-19
https://hillreporter.com/vaccine-conspiracy-theorist-rick-wiles-hospitalized-with-covid-19-102360

“I am not going to be vaccinated. I’m going to be one of the survivors. I’m going to survive the genocide,”
“The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off, and I say stupid because they’re not using their brain – their God-given brain – to make a decision for their own good,” Wiles said
“Today, he was taken to the emergency room, and under medical advice, was admitted to the hospital.  He is currently on oxygen and is expected to remain there for a number of days.

Deep State got him.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2781 on: May 31, 2021, 01:30:07 PM »
Karma's a b*tch.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2782 on: May 31, 2021, 06:10:48 PM »
once again, the media could've done it's part in helping us combat this deadly disease in so many ways.  if the media is going to lie about this, what else?  this is being widely reported btw.  it'll just be a few more days before the other "msm" will report(admit) this, but not until they figure what kind of spin to put on it

https://www.westernjournal.com/dubious-journalism-major-outlet-admits-anti-trump-bias-impacted-reports-covid-origins/
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2783 on: June 01, 2021, 07:22:23 AM »
once again, the media could've done it's part in helping us combat this deadly disease in so many ways.  if the media is going to lie about this, what else?  this is being widely reported btw.  it'll just be a few more days before the other "msm" will report(admit) this, but not until they figure what kind of spin to put on it

https://www.westernjournal.com/dubious-journalism-major-outlet-admits-anti-trump-bias-impacted-reports-covid-origins/
We agree on this one rocket. Imagine is the media DIDN'T claim COVID was a hoax and encourage people to not take it seriously. Imagine if the media didn't promote useless medicines such as HCQ as miracle cures. Imagine if the media didn't claim COVID was a partisan issue, didn't tell people not to wear masks, and didn't encourage people to "liberate" their statehouses. A lot fewer Americans would have died if not for the disinformation put forth by the media.

The media certainly has a lot to answer for.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2784 on: June 01, 2021, 09:57:52 AM »

Deep State got him.

Yet again you have used the slightest opening to go off topic and inject your political opinions.

Oooh ... I can see why it's fun for you to play Scoop Police ... even if you often do the same stuff you rail on others for.

Peace!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2785 on: June 01, 2021, 10:27:36 AM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-57309538

75% seemed to be the herd immunity threshold in a Brazilian experiment using the Chinese vaccine.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2786 on: June 03, 2021, 11:56:11 AM »
White House outlines a plan for how the U.S. would distribute an initial 25 million doses around the world:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/us/politics/world-covid-vaccine-supply-biden.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210603&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=59768&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

The White House, besieged with requests from other nations to share excess doses of coronavirus vaccine, on Thursday announced it will distribute an initial 25 million doses this month across a “wide range of countries” within Latin America and the Caribbean, South and Southeast Asia, and Africa, as well as the war-ravaged Palestinian territories of Gaza and the West Bank.

The 25 million represent an initial tranche of a total of 80 million doses President Biden has pledged to send overseas by the end of this month. Three quarters of the first batch will be given to the international vaccine effort known as Covax, officials said. The rest will be reserved for “immediate needs and to help with surges around the world,” they said, including in India and Iraq as well as the West Bank and Gaza.

I'm not impressed. If 46 were a real president, he'd have said only countries whose leaders are "nice" to him would get doses, just as 45 made governors grovel for PPE, ventilators and other supplies last spring.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2787 on: June 03, 2021, 11:59:33 AM »
White House outlines a plan for how the U.S. would distribute an initial 25 million doses around the world:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/us/politics/world-covid-vaccine-supply-biden.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210603&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=59768&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

The White House, besieged with requests from other nations to share excess doses of coronavirus vaccine, on Thursday announced it will distribute an initial 25 million doses this month across a “wide range of countries” within Latin America and the Caribbean, South and Southeast Asia, and Africa, as well as the war-ravaged Palestinian territories of Gaza and the West Bank.

The 25 million represent an initial tranche of a total of 80 million doses President Biden has pledged to send overseas by the end of this month. Three quarters of the first batch will be given to the international vaccine effort known as Covax, officials said. The rest will be reserved for “immediate needs and to help with surges around the world,” they said, including in India and Iraq as well as the West Bank and Gaza.

I'm not impressed. If 46 were a real president, he'd have said only countries whose leaders are "nice" to him would get doses, just as 45 made governors grovel for PPE, ventilators and other supplies last spring.

Can we make the banhammer portion of the new covid board retroactive to today?   ::) ::)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2788 on: June 03, 2021, 12:23:11 PM »

I was hoping that we'd prioritize Canada + Mexico + Central America to improve our nation's security. It's interesting that they went with the smorgasbord option.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2789 on: June 03, 2021, 07:04:38 PM »
I was hoping that we'd prioritize Canada + Mexico + Central America to improve our nation's security. It's interesting that they went with the smorgasbord option.

I hadn't seen that discussed, Ska. What you're saying does make sense.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2790 on: June 03, 2021, 07:24:07 PM »
I hadn't seen that discussed, Ska. What you're saying does make sense.

I came up with it in my brain. If I was in charge I would want healthy, stable neighbors with awesome economies so that we could do business with them. Or a wall, I guess, to keep the Canadians out.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2791 on: June 04, 2021, 05:19:28 AM »

I actually thought this also.  It's a result of a teleconference I had with a Mexico customer about 6-7 weeks ago.  They thought the USA would supply excess vaccines to Mexico because it would be in the best interest of both countries due to the large amount of industrial border traffic.  They thought at minimum the USA should rapidly vaccinate Mexican citizens along the border.
FWIW

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2792 on: June 04, 2021, 08:56:38 AM »
Whoa .. my village is up to 97.8% vaccinated. 

I didn't think you could get 14,000 people to agree that water is wet.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2793 on: June 04, 2021, 09:05:57 AM »
Whoa .. my village is up to 97.8% vaccinated. 

I didn't think you could get 14,000 people to agree that water is wet.

Must be a lotta old people?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2794 on: June 04, 2021, 09:12:36 AM »
Must be a lotta old people?

Not really .. 14% are over 65 .. 12% are 55-65.  Pretty standard distribution, may even skew young.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2795 on: June 04, 2021, 09:53:45 AM »

Ya Cuomo and 45 were besties.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2796 on: June 04, 2021, 10:19:01 AM »
My 12 year old got his 2nd yesterday at 9:30am.  Was fine until 9pm last night and then got hit by a ton of bricks.  Stayed home from school today, just got out of bed.  Seems a little better now.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2797 on: June 04, 2021, 10:36:16 AM »
My 12 year old got his 2nd yesterday at 9:30am.  Was fine until 9pm last night and then got hit by a ton of bricks.  Stayed home from school today, just got out of bed.  Seems a little better now.

15 yo got his 2nd yesterday at 3pm. So far, so good.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2798 on: June 04, 2021, 11:40:33 AM »

Ouch.  So .. my 12 and 14 year olds got #1 three weeks ago Sunday.  I'd rather have them get the shot Saturday, so if they're sick, it'd be Sunday and not a school day.

Think they'd give a shot after 20 days instead of 21?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2799 on: June 04, 2021, 11:48:23 AM »
Ouch.  So .. my 12 and 14 year olds got #1 three weeks ago Sunday.  I'd rather have them get the shot Saturday, so if they're sick, it'd be Sunday and not a school day.

Think they'd give a shot after 20 days instead of 21?

Walgreens wouldn't let me schedule it for 20 days. But not sure if I would have fudged the first shot date what would have happened if we showed up and said oops.

feedback