[Today at 11:06:58 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by cheebs09
[Today at 10:52:12 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 10:42:19 AM]

NIL Future by Hards Alumni
[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 369413 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2225 on: April 08, 2021, 09:15:11 PM »
I do.  What does that have to do with media coverage?

Why do you oppose individual freedoms?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2226 on: April 08, 2021, 09:58:21 PM »
No. I’m questioning why a lunatic is yapping about “righties” being an issue in getting people vaccinated when a real issue is minorities not getting vaccinated, which is not a result of “righties”

Thank you, JB.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2227 on: April 08, 2021, 10:03:48 PM »

Actually it kind of is.  A more accessible and affordable health care system would likely see a reduction in the economic disparities between the people receiving the vaccine and not receiving it.  "Righties" really aren't for that.

Black people are (justifiably) hesitant to get vaccines due to past treatment by the gov't.  (experimental vaccines and whatnot.) It's a huge generational hurdle to over come, especially for something so new and relatively untested.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2228 on: April 08, 2021, 10:05:29 PM »
Why do you oppose individual freedoms?

Good one

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2229 on: April 08, 2021, 10:20:22 PM »
Black people are (justifiably) hesitant to get vaccines due to past treatment by the gov't.  (experimental vaccines and whatnot.) It's a huge generational hurdle to over come, especially for something so new and relatively untested.

Definitely a big hurdle to overcome. Hopefully it will help that they see white people getting the same vaccines in droves.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2230 on: April 09, 2021, 04:07:51 AM »

That too.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2231 on: April 09, 2021, 06:16:43 AM »

Now add social media and pseudo science in on top of that. 

Look no further than health care workers refusing the vaccine.  A lot of them have absolutely zero idea of how vaccines work... yet will tell their friends and family that it was too rushed or not safe because it is "Emergency" use only.  Personally, a coworker's cousin has convinced our coworker of this.  When I ask my coworker what her cousin does, I'm told that she is a physical therapist in rural Wisconsin.  My jaw visibly dropped... but there you have it.  People listen to their friends and family who they consider to be experts... when they have near zero understanding.

The cousin has my coworker convinced that the vaccine isn't safe, and could cause infertility.

Another employee who can barely function as an adult, has told me that he won't get it because vaccines aren't natural, and he is all about the natural lifestyle.  Yeah buddy, those cigs you're huffing down 10 times a day are totally natural and not loaded with chemicals.  I've had other people complain about mercury in vaccines.  Well yes, Thimerosal has been used in vaccines for decades and hasn't really been used in vaccines since 1999.  Oh, also, it is commonly used during tattoo application... oh, and it isn't even an ingredient in any of the vaccines available. 

BUT I GUESS SINCE YOU READ IT ON FACEBOOK FROM YOUR AUNT KAREN IT MUST BE TRUE.  SHE IS A CNA AFTERALL, AND SHE HAD THIS HILARIOUS MINIONS MEME THAT MADE FUN OF SHEEPLE.

I could go on for hours, but it is so exhausting trying to convince stupid people to not be so goddamn stupid.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2232 on: April 09, 2021, 06:31:20 AM »

Look no further than health care workers refusing the vaccine.  A lot of them have absolutely zero idea of how vaccines work... yet will tell their friends and family that it was too rushed or not safe because it is "Emergency" use only.  Personally, a coworker's cousin has convinced our coworker of this.  When I ask my coworker what her cousin does, I'm told that she is a physical therapist in rural Wisconsin.  My jaw visibly dropped... but there you have it.  People listen to their friends and family who they consider to be experts... when they have near zero understanding.

The cousin has my coworker convinced that the vaccine isn't safe, and could cause infertility.

Another employee who can barely function as an adult, has told me that he won't get it because vaccines aren't natural, and he is all about the natural lifestyle.  Yeah buddy, those cigs you're huffing down 10 times a day are totally natural and not loaded with chemicals.  I've had other people complain about mercury in vaccines.  Well yes, Thimerosal has been used in vaccines for decades and hasn't really been used in vaccines since 1999.  Oh, also, it is commonly used during tattoo application... oh, and it isn't even an ingredient in any of the vaccines available. 

BUT I GUESS SINCE YOU READ IT ON FACEBOOK FROM YOUR AUNT KAREN IT MUST BE TRUE.  SHE IS A CNA AFTERALL, AND SHE HAD THIS HILARIOUS MINIONS MEME THAT MADE FUN OF SHEEPLE.

I could go on for hours, but it is so exhausting trying to convince stupid people to not be so goddamn stupid.

Couple people you left off your list who weren’t exactly giving their full throated support of the vaccine during development and after initial approval.

I’d hate to think the people I have in mind would have been playing politics with something as serious as a vaccine for the worst pandemic of our lives but going back and reading some of their statements one could understand why people would have hesitation.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2233 on: April 09, 2021, 06:34:29 AM »

"I could go on for hours, but it is so exhausting trying to convince stupid people to not be so goddamn stupid."

Kinda like sum of us feel 'bout conversin' heer on Scoop wit y'all, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2234 on: April 09, 2021, 07:01:42 AM »
"I could go on for hours, but it is so exhausting trying to convince stupid people to not be so goddamn stupid."

Kinda like sum of us feel 'bout conversin' heer on Scoop wit y'all, aina?

That's the problem with stupid people, they think they're smarter than they are.  ;)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2235 on: April 09, 2021, 08:31:33 AM »
Couple people you left off your list who weren’t exactly giving their full throated support of the vaccine during development and after initial approval.

Agree. Don and Melania should have gotten their vaccinations in public -- like Biden and Harris did --  instead of behind closed doors.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2236 on: April 09, 2021, 08:47:44 AM »

I don't think the average person realizes how little science is actually required to become a "health care professional". Training/education largely focuses on the practical aspects of doing the job, not the educational underpinnings of why.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2237 on: April 09, 2021, 09:00:00 AM »
Agree. Don and Melania should have gotten their vaccinations in public -- like Biden and Harris did --  instead of behind closed doors.

Dat wuzant da vaccine shot inta Jo. Herd dey pump amphetamines regularly ta help keep 'im sharp, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2238 on: April 09, 2021, 09:03:33 AM »
As vaccine supplies catch up with demand, we are seeing real-life evidence of vaccine hesitancy in Mississippi:

In Mississippi, 73,000 Vaccine Slots and Few Takers

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/09/health/vaccine-mississippi-demand.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210409&instance_id=29033&nl=the-morning&regi_id=88591053&segment_id=55256&te=1&user_id=a4394b6a5672354a123af665691a6f2d

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2239 on: April 09, 2021, 09:09:01 AM »
I don't think the average person realizes how little science is actually required to become a "health care professional". Training/education largely focuses on the practical aspects of doing the job, not the educational underpinnings of why.

Exactly.  People here CNA and think, oh that's a nurse, they must know what they're talking about regarding all things health care.  As if they were privy to some secret information that the public doesn't have.  When in reality, a CNA cert takes between 4 and 12 weeks. 

Hell, I've had a nurse at urgent care tell me that poison ivy is contagious.  Now, I don't expect them to know whether or not it is... but I expect them to consult someone or look up the answer if they aren't sure.

I think that is the problem with a lot of people these days.  The absolute inability or to determine what is and what isn't a reliable source of information.  Especially if that information runs contrary to their ethos.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2240 on: April 09, 2021, 09:14:14 AM »

Dat wuzant da vaccine shot inta Jo. Herd dey pump amphetamines regularly ta help keep 'im sharp, hey?

Wenz do da Q folk show up ta Mr Gaetz howse to take out da trash?  Dynastic polatishuns nawt eleet enuf deez dayz?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2241 on: April 09, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »
But Brawndo's got what plants crave.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2242 on: April 09, 2021, 09:44:14 AM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2243 on: April 09, 2021, 12:34:42 PM »
Disappointing news, especially as minority communities seem to favor the one-shot convenience of the J&J vaccine.

Johnson & Johnson vaccine deliveries are about to take a big dip in the U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/04/09/world/covid-vaccine-coronavirus-cases?type=styln-live-updates&label=coronavirus%20updates&index=0&action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage#johnson-johnson-vaccine-deliveries-are-about-to-take-a-big-dip-in-the-us

Johnson & Johnson will allocate 86 percent fewer doses across the United States next week than are currently being allocated, according to data provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, dealing a setback to a national vaccination campaign that has just found its footing.

The distribution of the drug, a single-shot vaccine, has been inconsistent since Johnson & Johnson delivered its first batch at the beginning of March, sending 2.8 million doses across the country before dipping below 400,000 in the following weeks.

Last week, about 1.9 million doses were sent across the country, and this week, 4.9 million shots went out. Next week, that number will drop to 700,000.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2244 on: April 09, 2021, 12:52:15 PM »

Your deposed Mad King don't need no greenies, Doc. He drinks at least a dozen Diet Cokes a day, including the one that was on his desk when he was telling his cultists to boycott Coca-Cola, nu?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2245 on: April 09, 2021, 01:52:58 PM »
Your deposed Mad King don't need no greenies, Doc. He drinks at least a dozen Diet Cokes a day, including the one that was on his desk when he was telling his cultists to boycott Coca-Cola, nu?

Jesus, give it a rest.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2246 on: April 09, 2021, 01:54:15 PM »
Jesus, give it a rest.

Shouldn't you include Pace and 4ever in that with 82 they're just as culpable in this instance as 82 is. Just saying, maybe play it fair to people on your side and the other if you're going to be against the politics?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2247 on: April 09, 2021, 03:13:29 PM »
Jesus, give it a rest.

Appreciate you calling me Jesus, one of our boys who made it big, but I was only responding to the political comments of others. As you also sometimes do.

Have a nice weekend, Zig.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2248 on: April 09, 2021, 04:39:34 PM »
Shouldn't you include Pace and 4ever in that with 82 they're just as culpable in this instance as 82 is. Just saying, maybe play it fair to people on your side and the other if you're going to be against the politics?

Nads is a big boy, he knows what he's doing.  (Maybe) Many others continue with their TDS, but Nads has it the worst.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2249 on: April 09, 2021, 04:42:41 PM »
Nads is a big boy, he knows what he's doing.  (Maybe) Many others continue with their TDS, but Nads has it the worst.

I mean I'm all for calling out the TDS but I'm saying maybe call it both ways if you're gonna be an umpire here. There's some clear BDS going on that was ignored.
Maigh Eo for Sam