collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 371113 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2200 on: April 08, 2021, 10:10:45 AM »
There is risk in living every day. Get your vaccination and start living again. That's the end game. Just do it, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2201 on: April 08, 2021, 10:16:37 AM »
I’ve followed a lot of what’s happened in other countries. Americans were never kept ‘holed up’.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2202 on: April 08, 2021, 10:34:31 AM »
There is all sorts of official, government advice about how you can not be "holed up" and still be safe.  Those people who are "scared" and "spooked" and being holed up to the extreme aren't really following government advice.

💯 like most things I blame the media who have scared the living sh*t out of some people with the slanted/over the top negative coverage the last year.

If the news would just report what the guidelines, data, and gov’t recommendations say without such a dooms day cloud over it all the division and mental stability for a lot of people would be in a much better spot.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2203 on: April 08, 2021, 10:58:24 AM »
💯 like most things I blame the media who have scared the living sh*t out of some people with the slanted/over the top negative coverage the last year.

If the news would just report what the guidelines, data, and gov’t recommendations say without such a dooms day cloud over it all the division and mental stability for a lot of people would be in a much better spot.

If only that got the ratings....
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2204 on: April 08, 2021, 11:03:07 AM »
Including the numbers infected, hospitalized, and killed is kind of important.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2205 on: April 08, 2021, 11:10:47 AM »
Including the numbers infected, hospitalized, and killed is kind of important.

Very important which is why I said report the data.  For instance include in the reporting that over 80% of those deaths/hospitalizations happened to obese folks is an example of possibly providing a little context to the numbers.  Follow that up with stressing the importance of getting outside to exercise and to the gym to give your body a better chance of fighting the virus if you get it.

Maybe highlight that 98% folks who do get it will survive it.  My point is the media zeroed in on only the negative which drove a certain percentage of the population into a dark spot mentally.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2206 on: April 08, 2021, 11:17:37 AM »
I blame Fauci and Birx, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2207 on: April 08, 2021, 12:00:51 PM »
I blame Fauci and Birx, hey?

Nope I get they had to look at things through a singular lense of disease mitigation.  The paranoia, panic, and fear monger is fully the fault of a broken media system desperate for clicks and viewership.  Like Fluffy stated, drama and negativity drives those numbers unfortunately, especially during an election year.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2208 on: April 08, 2021, 12:15:42 PM »
Very important which is why I said report the data.  For instance include in the reporting that over 80% of those deaths/hospitalizations happened to obese folks is an example of possibly providing a little context to the numbers.  Follow that up with stressing the importance of getting outside to exercise and to the gym to give your body a better chance of fighting the virus if you get it.

Maybe highlight that 98% folks who do get it will survive it.  My point is the media zeroed in on only the negative which drove a certain percentage of the population into a dark spot mentally.

I agree. When we talk about people killed in traffic accidents, we need to also talk about those who don't get killed. Getting in an accident has gotten a bad name even though 99% of the people involved survive.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #2209 on: April 08, 2021, 12:32:41 PM »
I don't what the "other maladies" are, but I had a relative in their 80's who has Lupus and has had both shots of Pfizer and had zero side effects.

It's not just the lupus, it is various allergies and other Autoimmune problems as well that's exacerbated by the Lupus. She is in and out of the hospital at least once a month for something.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2210 on: April 08, 2021, 12:43:14 PM »
I agree. When we talk about people killed in traffic accidents, we need to also talk about those who don't get killed. Getting in an accident has gotten a bad name even though 99% of the people involved survive.

If we start having wall to wall news coverage on automobile deaths which leads to restrictions put on business, schools, travel, etc because it’s not safe to drive and the risk is too great then yes I would then encourage the media to not focus solely on the deaths that come from car accidents but to provide a little context to it and recommendations for how to drive safely while still encouraging folks to drive in hopes of not causing unnecessary panic.

What a silly non-serious analogy.  But you’ve proven over time to not be interested in conversing like an adult on anything Covid/politics related so the response was unfortunately also predictable.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #2211 on: April 08, 2021, 01:17:50 PM »
The news entertainment programs are counting on people staying inside and watching in fear. Be scared of everything and gravitate back to the comfort of your couch, being told what to fear or be mad at each evening.

It's an effective business model and it makes it very difficult to employ common sense public health measures, as is evidenced by the last year.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2212 on: April 08, 2021, 01:23:30 PM »
If we start having wall to wall news coverage on automobile deaths which leads to restrictions put on business, schools, travel, etc because it’s not safe to drive and the risk is too great then yes I would then encourage the media to not focus solely on the deaths that come from car accidents but to provide a little context to it and recommendations for how to drive safely while still encouraging folks to drive in hopes of not causing unnecessary panic.

What a silly non-serious analogy.  But you’ve proven over time to not be interested in conversing like an adult on anything Covid/politics related so the response was unfortunately also predictable.

I'll let you argue against yourself.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2213 on: April 08, 2021, 01:55:37 PM »
The news entertainment programs are counting on people staying inside and watching in fear. Be scared of everything and gravitate back to the comfort of your couch, being told what to fear or be mad at each evening.

It's an effective business model and it makes it very difficult to employ common sense public health measures, as is evidenced by the last year.

The Fox News business model!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2214 on: April 08, 2021, 01:56:03 PM »

Do you think the government should require citizens to wear seat belt?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2215 on: April 08, 2021, 02:21:46 PM »
Do you think the government should require citizens to wear seat belt?

I do.  What does that have to do with media coverage?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2216 on: April 08, 2021, 03:17:21 PM »
On the vaccine front, the biggest equity issue doesn’t have anything to do with “righties”.

Here in the Twin Cities, we’re opening up a huge new location next week that is only serving those living in the highest “Social Vulnerability Index” zip codes (which happens to include the one I grew up in and the one I now live in).

The vaccine issue isn’t about a small piece of the population tapping nonsense, it’s actually about the “non-righties”

So, no
You are misunderstanding my argument, or choosing to answer something completely different. You said the government was scaring people nonsense; I pointed out the right is scaring people with nonsense about the vaccines.

So, yes.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2217 on: April 08, 2021, 03:39:24 PM »
I thought you’d be more concerned about inequities and maybe explain to us dummies why vaccines are not being administered to minorities at the same rate as certain other, large groups (including... as you say... “righties”)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2218 on: April 08, 2021, 06:51:31 PM »
On the vaccine front, the biggest equity issue doesn’t have anything to do with “righties”.

Here in the Twin Cities, we’re opening up a huge new location next week that is only serving those living in the highest “Social Vulnerability Index” zip codes (which happens to include the one I grew up in and the one I now live in).

The vaccine issue isn’t about a small piece of the population tapping nonsense, it’s actually about the “non-righties”

So, no

So, if I am understanding your point - you are complaining about minorities getting preferred treatment. AFTER white and wealthier communities got preferred treatment for the first 4 months.

OK, then.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2219 on: April 08, 2021, 07:44:16 PM »
So, if I am understanding your point - you are complaining about minorities getting preferred treatment. AFTER white and wealthier communities got preferred treatment for the first 4 months.

OK, then.

No. I’m questioning why a lunatic is yapping about “righties” being an issue in getting people vaccinated when a real issue is minorities not getting vaccinated, which is not a result of “righties”

• All American
« Reply #2220 on: April 08, 2021, 07:48:34 PM »
No. I’m questioning why a lunatic is yapping about “righties” being an issue in getting people vaccinated when a real issue is minorities not getting vaccinated, which is not a result of “righties”

Actually it kind of is.  A more accessible and affordable health care system would likely see a reduction in the economic disparities between the people receiving the vaccine and not receiving it.  "Righties" really aren't for that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2221 on: April 08, 2021, 08:02:19 PM »

Actually it kind of is.  A more accessible and affordable health care system would likely see a reduction in the economic disparities between the people receiving the vaccine and not receiving it.  "Righties" really aren't for that.

So affordability is what is keeping minorities from getting free vaccinations? Okiiieeee

• All American
« Reply #2222 on: April 08, 2021, 08:10:54 PM »
So affordability is what is keeping minorities from getting free vaccinations? Okiiieeee

No. A healthcare system that has traditionally been difficult for the poor to access has lead to mistrust and underuse of healthcare overall. That has just manifested itself in the vaccination effort.

If we had a more robust public health system and a better method of health financing, it would have lead to more equitable vaccine distribution.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2223 on: April 08, 2021, 08:47:46 PM »
No, because you are choosing to answer something that I did not opine on. You stated that the government was "scaring people with nonsense". I pointed out that many people are choosing not to get the vaccine, which could end up unnatural carnal knowledgeing everyone over, because of rightwing media with a constant drumbeat of disinformation scaring people with nonsense.

The inequitable distribution of the vaccine is an entirely different issue. Worthy of discussion, but an entirely different issue. Perhaps we could bring in Florida Man DeSantis to weigh in?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2224 on: April 08, 2021, 09:07:11 PM »
No. A healthcare system that has traditionally been difficult for the poor to access has lead to mistrust and underuse of healthcare overall. That has just manifested itself in the vaccination effort.

Ahh, I get it. Similar to how the govt has effectively kept people holed up. Thanks

feedback