[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 370295 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2150 on: April 04, 2021, 03:02:36 PM »
Walgreens at least here in Illinois seems to have one glitch after another though.
Supply seems to be opening up though, at least until everyone becomes eligible statewide next week. The mass vax sites up in the Chicago area are filling almost as fast as they open.

That's a good thing - not a glitch.

As far as Walgreen's go, I think you are right. I got mine there (walgreens in Wisconsin) with no trouble over a month ago, but at the time they never knew how much or which vaccine they were getting - so they couldn't post openings until they received word what they were getting each Monday.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2151 on: April 04, 2021, 03:55:55 PM »
Had Moderna #2 about 48 hours ago.

Felt sore and blah, with a lingering headache, most of yesterday, but felt better as the day went on. Enjoyed Gonzaga-UCLA last night, got a decent night of sleep and feel quite good today. Arm's still sore, but otherwise nothing terrible.

Better than I had hoped for given some of the horror stories. And much better than the day after my second shingles shot last year -- when I felt like I had been run over by a truck, which then backed up and ran me over again.

Similar for me. I had a low fever and some chills for a few hours last night, about 24 hours after receiving the shot. Felt better when I woke up this morning.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2152 on: April 04, 2021, 05:28:24 PM »
I didn’t say the mass vax sites were in a glitch, I was just saying that some of them are very popular.
We’re still dealing with the fallout from Walgreens glitching in early March not scheduling second doses, or people getting cancelled out now because the pharmacy switched supplies ( the problem there is Walgreens doing nothing to help them). What’s happening there is that Lake will take care of its residents, DuPage wont, it’s patchy on the others, and Cook is picking up the slack for the stand-alone second doses , which includes people getting standby shots so not having a second scheduled. Then there are the people who got their first shot elsewhere in the state or out of state, and are looking for second shots now.  I tell people that I want them to remember that when the collar County pols snipe at Cook...😁

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2153 on: April 06, 2021, 08:12:57 AM »
The local health system today mentioned that they are getting more vaccines this week than they can distribute at their mass vaccination site.  So they are starting to take their J&J shots on the road to some rural locations.

I think you are going to see vaccinations skyrocket in the next few weeks.

**Appointments are open for adults in almost every state without restriction.

**J&J is going to be highly sought after, especially by the young and healthy.  (My adult son and his friends were searching out J&J shots yesterday.  He found one at a Wal-Mart about two miles from where he lives.)

**Another surge, and news about variants, is going to drive more people to get vaccinated.  We aren't at herd immunity yet folks.  But we can get there soon!!!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2154 on: April 06, 2021, 08:23:59 AM »
I agree that vaccinations are going to skyrocket.
Last night for the first time there were tons of J&J appointments at Walgreens stores in the Chicago area when they dropped appointments. Many many people are asking specifically for the J&J in the Vaccine Hunters group, some of it due to allergy concerns, but not most of it. Plus that’s the vaccine going to the homebound and in the mobile strike forces the state is sending out to rural areas facing a surge. Given the perceived differences in efficacy it’s been surprisingly popular.
Next week Illinois opens to everyone  so we’ll see what happens then, ( though 80 counties have already opened)  but at the moment it’s much easier to get a shot than it was six weeks ago.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2155 on: April 06, 2021, 08:43:37 AM »
I think a lot of people are interested in J&J because of the "one and done" nature of the shot.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2156 on: April 06, 2021, 08:56:23 AM »
I think a lot of people are interested in J&J because of the "one and done" nature of the shot.

That, and the more traditional nature of it's development vs the new mRNA.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2157 on: April 06, 2021, 08:58:09 AM »
The local health system today mentioned that they are getting more vaccines this week than they can distribute at their mass vaccination site.  So they are starting to take their J&J shots on the road to some rural locations.

I think you are going to see vaccinations skyrocket in the next few weeks.

**Appointments are open for adults in almost every state without restriction.

**J&J is going to be highly sought after, especially by the young and healthy.  (My adult son and his friends were searching out J&J shots yesterday.  He found one at a Wal-Mart about two miles from where he lives.)

**Another surge, and news about variants, is going to drive more people to get vaccinated.  We aren't at herd immunity yet folks.  But we can get there soon!!!

Things are definitely looking up. As long as people keep getting vaccinated, we have a legitimate chance of getting near herd immunity within the next few months.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2158 on: April 06, 2021, 09:01:53 AM »

Things are definitely looking up. As long as people keep getting vaccinated, we have a legitimate chance of getting near herd immunity within the next few months.

It’s happening.  In CT 65+ is now 82% and 55+ 75% and 45+ 67% (all first shot data). Great sign that vaccine hesitancy may be eroding. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2159 on: April 06, 2021, 09:02:13 AM »

That, and the more traditional nature of it's development vs the new mRNA.

Yes, I have heard both of those reasons. And as others have mentioned, the difference in efficacy could be attributable to the different timeframe in which the J&J vaccine was tested (when there was higher community spread).

Bottom line: they all can help us get out of this, so if some prefer J&J while others prefer Pfizer or Moderna, all the better to get us vaccinated faster.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2160 on: April 06, 2021, 01:47:28 PM »
It’s happening.  In CT 65+ is now 82% and 55+ 75% and 45+ 67% (all first shot data). Great sign that vaccine hesitancy may be eroding.

Cuz you have more Dems (and fewer evangelicals). The opposite of Wisconsin. :-\ :-\

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2161 on: April 06, 2021, 01:52:08 PM »
Cuz you have more Dems (and fewer evangelicals). The opposite of Wisconsin. :-\ :-\

I don't think this is the case. Maybe there could be a religious aspect, but I dont think it has to do with politics.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2162 on: April 06, 2021, 02:53:15 PM »

A very quick googling showed the percentage of evangelicals in the US to be 35% and in Wisconsin to be 22%. I've never really observed an overly evangelical strain of influence here. I sort of attributed it to the Great Lakes settlement of Catholics, but I've certainly never done any actual research on the topic.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2163 on: April 06, 2021, 03:16:31 PM »

WI is at 35% of total population with at least 1 shot.  Not sure what you are complaining about.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2164 on: April 06, 2021, 03:46:34 PM »

source? 

i did not see any breakdown by political party or religion

if it was supposed to be funny-ouch!
don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2165 on: April 06, 2021, 04:07:16 PM »
It looks like Wisconsin and the upper Midwest is doing pretty well with rollout. Almost every state in the region has 35% with at least one dose (and Iowa is at 34%).

Rollout seems to be a bigger issue in the southeast, with Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee all being in the 26-27% range. Those are the places that need to get their acts together.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2166 on: April 06, 2021, 07:59:38 PM »
I was getting my haircut today.  We got to talking about vaccination, he said he didn't like shots but was going tomorrow and was concerned the 2nd shot was 4 weeks out.  I told him that was normal, I thought Moderna was a 4 week wait. 

"Moderna?  Oh no no no, I'm not getting Moderna.  That shot paralyzes you.  I'm cancelling."

Facepalm.  I laughed but realized he was serious.  "This is false, tens of millions of people have safely gotten Moderna.  Call your doctor if you are concerned."  He was not persuaded.

I should post this in the Doom thread.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2167 on: April 06, 2021, 10:24:15 PM »
I was getting my haircut today.  We got to talking about vaccination, he said he didn't like shots but was going tomorrow and was concerned the 2nd shot was 4 weeks out.  I told him that was normal, I thought Moderna was a 4 week wait. 

"Moderna?  Oh no no no, I'm not getting Moderna.  That shot paralyzes you.  I'm cancelling."

Facepalm.  I laughed but realized he was serious.  "This is false, tens of millions of people have safely gotten Moderna.  Call your doctor if you are concerned."  He was not persuaded.

That's pretty sad, topper.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2168 on: April 07, 2021, 06:50:35 AM »

Curious...did you ask him how he knew this or where he got that information from?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2169 on: April 07, 2021, 07:50:47 AM »
The vaccine is the end game, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2170 on: April 07, 2021, 08:02:06 AM »
Curious...did you ask him how he knew this or where he got that information from?

"They say" is where he got the info. 

I knew my ability to persuade was small, so I dropped it.  I rathered him focusing on my haircut.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2171 on: April 07, 2021, 08:49:12 AM »
The vaccine is the end game, hey?

Yep. And truly getting back to 'normal' depends on most everyone rolling up their sleeves.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2172 on: April 07, 2021, 10:33:23 AM »
After earlier stating there was no link between the AstraZeneca vaccine and blood clots, the EU regulators now find a 'possible link.'

U.K. says AstraZeneca alternative should be offered for under 30s, and E.U. finds a ‘possible link’ to rare clots.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/07/world/astrazeneca-blood-clots.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210407&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=88591053&segment_id=55059&user_id=a4394b6a5672354a123af665691a6f2d

Not good news....

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #2173 on: April 07, 2021, 11:01:55 AM »
Just got J&J last night. I feel hungover

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2174 on: April 07, 2021, 11:33:03 AM »
Just got J&J last night. I feel hungover