[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 373404 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1275 on: January 30, 2021, 04:03:41 PM »
Why in the hell would Biden give the vaccine to the 9/11 mastermind before Americans? They can all rot in motherfookin' hell, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1276 on: January 30, 2021, 04:05:38 PM »
Why in the hell would Biden give the vaccine to the 9/11 mastermind before Americans? They can all rot in motherfookin' hell, aina?

I the outrage machine has been gassed up again.

I’m assuming because they are giving it to the soldiers that are holding them indefinitely.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1277 on: January 30, 2021, 04:25:29 PM »

We were told all year that federal government has no ability to do anything with regards to covid. That changed with the change of administration?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1278 on: January 30, 2021, 04:29:50 PM »
I think the J&J vaccine sounds great for the younger and healthier set.  Personally I’m just not trying to spread or get hospitalized.  One of those likely comes off the table with JNJ.  So a less effective vaccine sounds great.

Further to my point.  No hospitalization and death in the trial in the vaccine group even in SA

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1355627162678644739?s=21

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1279 on: January 30, 2021, 04:34:10 PM »

Do you want to know the actual reason?

The real reason is because they want them to face trial as soon as possible for war crimes, and the fasted way to get that done is if they are vaccinated. And since the minimum number of doses that can be sent is 100 (moderna), they can vaccinate the prisoners with the same shipment as the staff that need to be vaccinated.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:03:50 PM by forgetful »

• All American
« Reply #1280 on: January 30, 2021, 04:34:15 PM »
Further to my point.  No hospitalization and death in the trial in the vaccine group even in SA

Right. I guess I don’t understand the issue. I never thought the realistic goal was zero hospitalizations and deaths. This type of shot is going to help tremendously.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1281 on: January 30, 2021, 04:34:29 PM »

I’m assuming because they are giving it to the soldiers that are holding them indefinitely.
LOL.

"40 people getting the vaccine that shouldn't?!?!?  I'm outraged!"

"Coming up 78 million doses short of 2020 goal? 150x as many dead as on 9-11 and counting? Meh, he couldn't have possibly done better."

Rage and grievance; its the only fuel they know.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:40:11 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

• All American
« Reply #1282 on: January 30, 2021, 04:53:26 PM »

The real reason is because they want them to face trial as soon as possible for war crimes, and the fasted way to get that done is if they are vaccinated. And insect you the minimum number of doses that can be sent is 100 (moderna), they can vaccinate the prisoners with the same shipment as the staff that need to be vaccinated.

And protect the community in the process.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1283 on: January 30, 2021, 04:53:27 PM »

Agree; this vaccine will make a difference. Given that it won't be available for broad distribution until late spring or early summer, it won't get into nearly as many American adults' arms as the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. Instead, in the US it will likely be limited to people at the very end of the line (kids?) and in remote places where the storage requirements are a bigger issue.

In developing countries, it will likely become a vaccine of choice. And that's good news for everyone, because we have seen how quickly this virus can spread around the globe.

My only concern is whether they can get this mass-produced and distributed before the virus mutates into a form that renders it useless. The mutation from the original to the SA variant already decreased efficacy significantly. If that happens again before it gets widely distributed, we may be looking for a new vaccine.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:56:49 PM by GooooMarquette »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1284 on: January 30, 2021, 05:00:27 PM »
And protect the community in the process.

Yes, that is the most significant reason. It will be great if we can try and convict them for war crimes, but the reality is that it has been almost 20 years since 9/11. If they live long enough to be tried, great. I just don't want them to inadvertently contribute to the spread of the virus in the meantime.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1285 on: January 30, 2021, 05:28:54 PM »

Agree; this vaccine will make a difference. Given that it won't be available for broad distribution until late spring or early summer, it won't get into nearly as many American adults' arms as the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. Instead, in the US it will likely be limited to people at the very end of the line (kids?) and in remote places where the storage requirements are a bigger issue.

In developing countries, it will likely become a vaccine of choice. And that's good news for everyone, because we have seen how quickly this virus can spread around the globe.

My only concern is whether they can get this mass-produced and distributed before the virus mutates into a form that renders it useless. The mutation from the original to the SA variant already decreased efficacy significantly. If that happens again before it gets widely distributed, we may be looking for a new vaccine.

The counterpoint to this is that it is still an incredible vaccine development from a speed perspective.  We need as many as soon as possible — to essentially have supply severely outstrip demand. This helps with that.   

It’s clear that the mutations mean we need a second round but the mRNA sure seems like a proven nimble solution for boosters at that point. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1286 on: January 30, 2021, 05:43:34 PM »
The counterpoint to this is that it is still an incredible vaccine development from a speed perspective.  We need as many as soon as possible — to essentially have supply severely outstrip demand. This helps with that.   

It’s clear that the mutations mean we need a second round but the mRNA sure seems like a proven nimble solution for boosters at that point.

I don't disagree, and hope I haven't led you to believe otherwise.

From a general historical perspective, the development and testing of a safe and effective vaccine less than a year after the detection of a new virus is incredible. In most past situations, new vaccines take several years, if not longer.

And yes, this will add to the push to get more vaccine into more arms. But again, by the time this gets approved and production and distribution are ramped up, most of the need will be in rural areas and to others at the end of the line. A good 'booster' to the nationwide vaccination efforts, but a relative footnote compared to Moderna and Pfizer.

The biggest difference for this vaccine is the ability to get to remote areas and help in developing countries. In those places, it will be huge.

Bigger picture, I hope this shows Americans what can happen when more $$$ go to biomedical research. We need to continue to do that on an ongoing basis, instead of just in response to a disaster. And it's a win-win: we employ more Americans in good-paying jobs, and will be better prepared for the next global health disaster.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1287 on: January 30, 2021, 06:20:13 PM »
I think the J&J vaccine sounds great for the younger and healthier set.  Personally I’m just not trying to spread or get hospitalized.  One of those likely comes off the table with JNJ.  So a less effective vaccine sounds great.

Hoping to have a normal wedding in September and would like to celebrate our honeymoon in SE Asia. I would prefer Moderna or Pfizer but would gladly take the J&J vaccine if it allows us to do those things.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:22:18 PM by BM1090 »

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1288 on: January 30, 2021, 09:28:58 PM »

Oopsie. Sorry to stoop so low as to use facts. I know they scare you.
Vaccines started arriving in Gitmo January 8th, when Trump was still President. Biden had nothing to do with this. The guy who signed the order is a Pentagon employee who served under Trump. Trump started vaccinating Federal prisoners back in December. Federal Correctional Complex in Butner, North Carolina; federal medical centers in Carswell and Fort Worth, Texas; and FCI Seagoville, all started vaccinating prisoners' over a month ago. Does it bother you that Trump had Bernie Madoff vaccinated before the rest of America?

Once Joe found out about he shut it down
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9205487/Pentagon-pauses-plan-vaccinate-9-11-mastermind-40-terrorists-against-COVID.html

• All American
« Reply #1289 on: January 30, 2021, 09:45:51 PM »
Vaccines started arriving in Gitmo January 8th, when Trump was still President. Biden had nothing to do with this. The guy who signed the order is a Pentagon employee who served under Trump. Trump started vaccinating Federal prisoners back in December. Federal Correctional Complex in Butner, North Carolina; federal medical centers in Carswell and Fort Worth, Texas; and FCI Seagoville, all started vaccinating prisoners' over a month ago. Does it bother you that Trump had Bernie Madoff vaccinated before the rest of America?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9205487/Pentagon-pauses-plan-vaccinate-9-11-mastermind-40-terrorists-against-COVID.html

Republicans have become such sheep.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1290 on: January 30, 2021, 09:51:29 PM »

Republicans have become such sheep.

I know a prince in Nigeria that would love to have their emails.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1291 on: January 30, 2021, 11:02:01 PM »

It was Biden’s appointed deputy assistant secretary of defense for health affairs sworn in on Election Day who signed the order.  The order was signed January 27th and granted US held Gitmo detainees to receive the COVID vaccination. 

Take your lying crap elsewhere. The story you linked and every other story about the detainees getting vaccinated  has only Biden and his appointee’s fingerprints on it.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1292 on: January 30, 2021, 11:03:44 PM »

Maybe you should have bothered to read up on what actually happened in this story instead of assuming. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 11:15:07 PM by HutchwasClutch »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1293 on: January 30, 2021, 11:07:25 PM »

The real reason is because they want them to face trial as soon as possible for war crimes, and the fasted way to get that done is if they are vaccinated. And since the minimum number of doses that can be sent is 100 (moderna), they can vaccinate the prisoners with the same shipment as the staff that need to be vaccinated.

Finally, someone not lying or assuming. Just that this was authorized by a Biden appointee, and only realizing 3 days later how bad the optics looked on this, paused it.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1294 on: January 30, 2021, 11:08:14 PM »
Finally, someone not lying or assuming. Just that this was authorized by a Biden appointee, and only realizing 3 days later how bad the optics looked on this, “paused” it.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1295 on: January 30, 2021, 11:10:38 PM »
It was Biden’s appointed deputy assistant secretary of defense for health affairs sworn in on Election Day who signed the order.  The order was signed January 27th and granted US held Gitmo detainees to receive the COVID vaccination. 

Take your lying crap elsewhere. The story you linked and every other story about the detainees being authorized to get vaccinated  has only Biden and his appointee’s fingerprints on it.

HutchwasClutch

• All American

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1297 on: January 30, 2021, 11:31:32 PM »

Take your lying crap elsewhere. The story you linked and every other story about the detainees getting vaccinated  has only Biden and his appointee’s fingerprints on it.

The original order to vaccinate ALL federal prisoners was signed in December. Or are you saying Gitmo detainees aren’t in official US custody?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1298 on: January 30, 2021, 11:51:21 PM »
The original order to vaccinate ALL federal prisoners was signed in December. Or are you saying Gitmo detainees aren’t in official US custody?

Gitmo detainees are not part of our federal prison system.  They’re being held in a military prison. And the order or memo (seen it called both) signed last Wednesday, cleared the Gitmo detainees to be vaccinated. Before Wednesday that wasn’t the case.

This story can’t be spun to fit your political biases. 

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1299 on: January 31, 2021, 12:35:11 AM »
Gitmo detainees are not part of our federal prison system.  They’re being held in a military prison. And the order or memo (seen it called both) signed last Wednesday, cleared the Gitmo detainees to be vaccinated. Before Wednesday that wasn’t the case.

This story can’t be spun to fit your political biases.

Just to be cleared about where I should be sending my faux outrage. Federal prison inmates? Totally cool to get them vaccinated before high risk population. Guantanamo Bay inmates? SLEEPY JOE SUCKS!

Got it.