[Today at 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Close to Home Reports  (Read 69154 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Close to Home Reports
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2020, 03:42:35 PM »
I know this girl named Denise
She makes me weak at the knees
She drives a lavender Lexus
She lives in Queens
But her dad lives in Texas

I heard she used to be married
She listens to Puff Daddy
She works at Liberty Travel
She has a heart made of gravel

Loved that band.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2020, 04:55:36 PM »
Hey Julie is one of my favorite songs.
Agree 1000%

tower912

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2020, 10:45:15 AM »
My daughter is an occupational therapist in suburban Baltimore.  Maryland passed a new emergency standard for PPE and patient interaction.   Her facility lacked the necessary PPE required to meet the new standard.   Yesterday, the 24 year old led her co workers in their discussions with the facility management since the OTs could be fined and jailed and lose their licences if they failed to comply.   

Today, they have all the gowns and masks they need and she volunteered for the Covid recovery wing in their facility.   

Feeling pretty good as a dad right now.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2020, 10:46:26 AM »
My daughter is an occupational therapist in suburban Baltimore.  Maryland passed a new emergency standard for PPE and patient interaction.   Her facility lacked the necessary PPE required to meet the new standard.   Yesterday, the 24 year old led her co workers in their discussions with the facility management since the OTs could be fined and jailed and lose their licences if they failed to comply.   

Today, they have all the gowns and masks they need and she volunteered for the Covid recovery wing in their facility.   

As you should! That's awesome
Maigh Eo for Sam

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2020, 05:59:45 PM »
My 13 year old son has a classmate who has it (her dad is a doctor and also has it). She told my son, “it is low key the worst pain I have ever felt.”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2020, 06:08:06 PM »

Proud papa.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2020, 09:32:13 PM »

As well you should. She learned valuable  lessons about service for others from her Pop.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2020, 02:04:06 PM »
I am most proud of her participating in her first work stoppage for a cause.    ;D
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2020, 02:14:15 PM »
It is great news.  They moved to the Rotterdam a few days ago with the other 'healthy' people.  My parents are hoping to get off the boat tomorrow morning and onto a plane back to Wisconsin.  Hopefully, they will be home by tomorrow afternoon or evening.  But then again, nothing about this has been easy, so I'll be taking the wait and see approach. 

Hoping for a swift conclusion to all of this.

I realize that it's really none of our business, Hards, but I've been wondering...

Hoping all is well.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2020, 05:34:48 PM »
I realize that it's really none of our business, Hards, but I've been wondering...

Hoping all is well.

They're back home, and healthy.  Mom is sewing masks, Dad is (hopefully) working on the bar that is going in my basement.

They had to drive from MN because the flights to Appleton kept getting cancelled.  Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.  ;D

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2020, 06:56:17 PM »
They're back home, and healthy.  Mom is sewing masks, Dad is (hopefully) working on the bar that is going in my basement.

They had to drive from MN because the flights to Appleton kept getting cancelled.  Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.  ;D

Good news.

Appleton, home of my sister factory.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2020, 06:57:18 PM »

Great news, Hards.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2020, 07:07:16 PM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2020, 07:12:44 PM »

Cheers, hards.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2020, 07:22:28 PM »

Genuinely happy for you HA!   Never underestimate the power of scoop prayers
don't...don't don't don't don't

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2020, 08:23:31 PM »

Fantastic!  So glad to hear that.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2020, 10:03:41 PM »

Super news, Hards!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2020, 05:16:10 PM »
Mrs. Reinko's uncle on Long Island, 70, diabetic, just came off ventilator after about 7 days, still disoriented, but his #s trending in the right direction...🙏

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2020, 03:16:10 PM »
Mrs. Reinko's uncle on Long Island, 70, diabetic, just came off ventilator after about 7 days, still disoriented, but his #s trending in the right direction...🙏

Awesome news. Getting off a ventilator is a big deal.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2020, 03:20:50 PM »
Awesome news. Getting off a ventilator is a big deal.

It certainly is. Sounds like docs are getting a handle on how to treat this more effectively as they see more patients. Hopefully, that causes the rates of ICU admissions and deaths to decrease.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2020, 10:27:42 AM »
One of my long time friends just lost her father to covid.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2020, 10:37:25 AM »
Co-worker's thirty-something sister died last week.  Two teenaged daughters.

One odd note .. "she tested negative twice, but doctors considered her positive because of the symptoms."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2020, 11:06:26 AM »
Co-worker's thirty-something sister died last week.  Two teenaged daughters.

One odd note .. "she tested negative twice, but doctors considered her positive because of the symptoms."

:(

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2020, 04:23:42 PM »
My boss has had symptoms and a fever for the last week. Went to urgent care yesterday, said it was likely COVID but unless he was in an ICU bed they weren't going to test him.

We've got a loooong way to go if that's still the approach to testing.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2020, 04:30:36 PM »
My boss has had symptoms and a fever for the last week. Went to urgent care yesterday, said it was likely COVID but unless he was in an ICU bed they weren't going to test him.

We've got a loooong way to go if that's still the approach to testing.

Wow - hope he does OK. Is that in WI?