[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Close to Home Reports  (Read 69321 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Close to Home Reports
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »
Our school is similar.  Lunches in the classroom.  Different entrances and exits.  Outdoor classes.  Air purifiers. Separate play areas on the playground.  No mixing of classrooms.  Masks, sanitize out, wash in.

Of course, Dane Co randomly limited school to k-2, so not the same as having K-8 there, but there was a livestream option for all grades.

Good to see the empty nesters and the no kids experts continue to weigh in, despite no knowledge of the actual situation.    ::) ::)

Just FWIW, some of us empty nesters have spouses that work in the local school, so don't assume we have no knowledge of the actual situation.... ::) ::)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #301 on: September 10, 2020, 05:28:14 PM »
Just FWIW, some of us empty nesters have spouses that work in the local school, so don't assume we have no knowledge of the actual situation.... ::) ::)

You can't have opinions about things unless you have kids. Because the people with kids know better. Cause they raw-dogged that one time.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #302 on: September 10, 2020, 06:10:01 PM »
You can't have opinions about things unless you have kids. Because the people with kids know better. Cause they raw-dogged that one time.
Stay in your lane son. Some of us have raw-dogged both times we've had post marital relations and have two kids. Rough math tells me that makes my opinion twice as insightful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #303 on: September 10, 2020, 06:10:23 PM »

Or, people with kids are getting constant communication from our schools and know what is going on first hand.

You, on the otherhand, should always use protection. We dont need people like you to be reproducing.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #304 on: September 10, 2020, 07:16:05 PM »
Our school is similar.  Lunches in the classroom.  Different entrances and exits.  Outdoor classes.  Air purifiers. Separate play areas on the playground.  No mixing of classrooms.  Masks, sanitize out, wash in.

Of course, Dane Co randomly limited school to k-2, so not the same as having K-8 there, but there was a livestream option for all grades.

Good to see the empty nesters and the no kids experts continue to weigh in, despite no knowledge of the actual situation.    ::) ::)

Did you dunk in high school too?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #305 on: September 10, 2020, 07:34:25 PM »
Did you dunk in high school too?

No, couldn't palm the ball and didnt have the hops.

Baseball was my sport.  Thanks for asking, doe.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #306 on: September 11, 2020, 09:41:02 AM »
Stay in your lane son. Some of us have raw-dogged both times we've had post marital relations and have two kids. Rough math tells me that makes my opinion twice as insightful.

I talked to my wife and she asked you to stop bullying me online. Thanks in advance.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #307 on: September 13, 2020, 09:00:38 AM »
The person sitting next to my daughter in school has been diagnosed with Covid, so my daughter is at  home quarantine for 14 days.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #308 on: September 13, 2020, 09:40:05 AM »
The person sitting next to my daughter in school has been diagnosed with Covid, so my daughter is at  home quarantine for 14 days.

Our school had a kid test positive .. they quarantined 3 others who sat around the student. -- But imagine being the kid who sat next to one of the 3, just out of the 12 foot circle?  Hmmmmm.

• All American
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2020, 11:34:55 AM »
Our school had a kid test positive .. they quarantined 3 others who sat around the student. -- But imagine being the kid who sat next to one of the 3, just out of the 12 foot circle?  Hmmmmm.

Close contacts of close contacts shouldn't need to be quarantined.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #310 on: September 13, 2020, 01:17:44 PM »
Close contacts of close contacts shouldn't need to be quarantined.

Hard to say without knowing the airflow patterns in the room. That's why this is so difficult....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2020, 11:46:55 PM »
Four months after being sent home from the hospital as a COVID "survivor," one of my wife's friends is still feeling serious effects. Mostly, she gets dizzy, she gets exhausted easily, she has rapid heartbeat.

She is 40, had no pre-existing conditions, is not obese and was physically active (mostly running) before COVID struck.

I am hearing more stories like this, though nationally this is one of the under-reported stories of this terrible pandemic. It is believed there are hundreds of thousands of these so-called COVID "long haulers." Because of the newness of the virus it is unknown how many of these poor folks will be afflicted for the rest of their lives or for a period of years, months or weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/07/health/coronavirus-mental-health-long-hauler.html

This helps shoot down the belief some have that "I might as well get it over with and get infected with COVID" ... because once you get infected, you might not be "getting it over with" for a long time after you avoid death.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 07:29:46 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2020, 12:28:34 AM »
Four months after being sent home from the hospital as a COVID "survivor," one of my wife's friends is still feeling serious effects. Mostly, she gets dizzy, she gets exhausted easily, she has rapid heartbeat.

She is 40, had no pre-existing conditions, is not obese and was physically active (mostly running) before COVID struck.

I am hearing more stories like this, though nationally this is one of the under-reported stories of this terrible pandemic. It is believed there are hundreds of thousands of these so-called COVID "long haulers." Because of the newness of the virus it is unknown how many of these poor folks will be afflicted for the rest of their lives or for a period of years, months or weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/07/health/coronavirus-mental-health-long-hauler.html

This helps shoot down the believe some have that "I might as well get it over with and get infected with COVID" ... because once you get infected, you might not be "getting it over with" for a long time after you avoid death.

Sorry to hear. Way too many people think that if you don’t die from the virus, everything will be fine. Or that you are only at risk for death or long-term consequences if you have comorbidities.

Unfortunately, it isn’t that simple.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #313 on: September 14, 2020, 11:33:12 AM »
Two things that happened this weekend.

First, my old scout troop held a court of honor and based on the pictures posted on FB it was very well attended and no face masks in sight.  It was outside, so that part was good.  There were young people and old people and everyone in between.  It looked like a normal court of honor before covid.  People interacting and celebrating the successes of the youth.  I did not go, so I don't know if there were face masks or other social distancing in place when the camera was not snapping pictures.

Second, another of my FB friends went on a camping weekend with a bunch of other young families and did a demolition derby with stands filled with people and then on Sunday did a kayaking trip down the river with another ton of people.  Her comment on FB is why this one is interesting, she said "It felt like a “normal” (pre-Covid) weekend."

Where I live we do not have a ton of covid cases.  The mayor is only reporting about 7 new cases or so per week in my zip code.  So that is not a lot.  However, it sure seems to me that we are on the cusp of an explosion.  One super-spreader event away.  I believe we should be more cautious in the coming months.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2020, 12:10:59 PM »
Two things that happened this weekend.

First, my old scout troop held a court of honor and based on the pictures posted on FB it was very well attended and no face masks in sight.  It was outside, so that part was good.  There were young people and old people and everyone in between.  It looked like a normal court of honor before covid.  People interacting and celebrating the successes of the youth.  I did not go, so I don't know if there were face masks or other social distancing in place when the camera was not snapping pictures.

Second, another of my FB friends went on a camping weekend with a bunch of other young families and did a demolition derby with stands filled with people and then on Sunday did a kayaking trip down the river with another ton of people.  Her comment on FB is why this one is interesting, she said "It felt like a “normal” (pre-Covid) weekend."

Where I live we do not have a ton of covid cases.  The mayor is only reporting about 7 new cases or so per week in my zip code.  So that is not a lot.  However, it sure seems to me that we are on the cusp of an explosion.  One super-spreader event away.  I believe we should be more cautious in the coming months.

The demolition derby seems excessive but is camping bad assuming you're outdoors the whole time when with others and not all in one big tent or cabin?

I went camping this past weekend with my GF's friends (separate tents per household) and have kayaked the Chicago river during this whole ordeal and I wouldn't say either one felt unsafe.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #315 on: September 14, 2020, 12:21:20 PM »
The demolition derby seems excessive but is camping bad assuming you're outdoors the whole time when with others and not all in one big tent or cabin?

I went camping this past weekend with my GF's friends (separate tents per household) and have kayaked the Chicago river during this whole ordeal and I wouldn't say either one felt unsafe.

Generally Agree.  Been camping this summer (just me & my wife) , also went river tubing.  Certainly in both situations there were some larger groups (a couple families together) that were probably "too close", but it was easy enough to keep my distance from them and have a great time.

I believe we should be more cautious in the coming months.

This I also believe.  If these same outdoor groups move their activities indoors for the winter, there will be much bigger problems than we already have.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #316 on: September 14, 2020, 12:30:40 PM »
Generally Agree.  Been camping this summer (just me & my wife) , also went river tubing.  Certainly in both situations there were some larger groups (a couple families together) that were probably "too close", but it was easy enough to keep my distance from them and have a great time.

This I also believe.  If these same outdoor groups move their activities indoors for the winter, there will be much bigger problems than we already have.

This. If there was ever a year where we need a warm fall plus another one of those weird two weeks of 50 degrees in January this is it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

• All American
« Reply #317 on: September 14, 2020, 12:47:26 PM »
If these same outdoor groups move their activities indoors for the winter, there will be much bigger problems than we already have.

I was thinking about this today.  Here in the midwest, we started this in mid March, which meant we just went through a few weeks of this before we could start doing more stuff outdoors. 

What's going to happen in about a month?  We are going to be heading into a six month timeframe, including the Holidays, were social activities are important for mental health AND also primarily indoors.  It's going to be bad.

My wife and I have been going to a local place for dinner that has a nice outdoor space.  Well this Friday it's going to be about 60 degrees so that's not going to happen.  And we won't have many warm weekends left.  And I'm tired of pickup and delivery.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #318 on: September 14, 2020, 12:54:53 PM »
I was thinking about this today.  Here in the midwest, we started this in mid March, which meant we just went through a few weeks of this before we could start doing more stuff outdoors. 

What's going to happen in about a month?  We are going to be heading into a six month timeframe, including the Holidays, were social activities are important for mental health AND also primarily indoors.  It's going to be bad.

My wife and I have been going to a local place for dinner that has a nice outdoor space.  Well this Friday it's going to be about 60 degrees so that's not going to happen.  And we won't have many warm weekends left.  And I'm tired of pickup and delivery.

Always room for another outdoor heater on a restaurants patio. I think it'll be fine to dine outdoors most days till the frosty winds pick up in mid November.
Maigh Eo for Sam

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #319 on: September 14, 2020, 01:26:45 PM »

I would tend to agree, in smaller groups.  Larger groups eating around picnic tables and such, with families, well, the social distancing, even if outside tends to disappear.  We went camping earlier in the year with some close friends and ended up spending a fair amount of time inside the camper together. 

It wasn't so much the activity that got me as her comment.  Felt like normal.  I think people want that and are willing to take added risks to have that.  Going into fall and winter well, as others have noted in their comments, it is not a good thing I don't think.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2020, 02:38:43 PM »
Positive case in my kid's daycare class. No childcare until 11/11.

Fun times!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2020, 02:59:48 PM »
Both my 70 year old parents diagnosed this week. Mom had one test last week that was negative before positive this week. She's far more symptomatic than my dad who only has a cough

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #322 on: October 30, 2020, 03:13:24 PM »
Both my 70 year old parents diagnosed this week. Mom had one test last week that was negative before positive this week. She's far more symptomatic than my dad who only has a cough

I’ll say a prayer for them. If you live near them, keep a close watch.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #323 on: October 30, 2020, 03:23:17 PM »

Best wishes, jesmu.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #324 on: October 30, 2020, 03:34:43 PM »

Hoping for the best for your family
Maigh Eo for Sam