[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 314682 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2150 on: October 24, 2020, 05:06:28 PM »

The IHME model currently projects that the 1,745 deaths will balloon to 6,272 by February 1, assuming existing mandates are kept in place.

The daily death toll, currently at 24, is expected to peak at 64 on December 15, then gradually decrease. On Christmas Day, 61 Wisconsinites are projected to die.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/wisconsin?view=total-deaths&tab=trend

Staggering.

Let me depress you a bit more. AFTER the election, I expect Rs will convene and override the mask mandate and limit on size of gatherings.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2151 on: October 24, 2020, 05:57:28 PM »
Let me depress you a bit more. AFTER the election, I expect Rs will convene and override the mask mandate and limit on size of gatherings.

Which would increase projected deaths to well over 12,000. Ugh.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2152 on: October 24, 2020, 06:47:25 PM »

Which would increase projected deaths to well over 12,000. Ugh.

In a bit of irony. the Pro-Lifers, today, got a court to overturn the limit on gathering size using the argument that they were prevented from gathering to raise money to save baby lives.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2153 on: October 24, 2020, 08:19:06 PM »
In a bit of irony. the Pro-Lifers, today, got a court to overturn the limit on gathering size using the argument that they were prevented from gathering to raise money to save baby lives fetuses.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #2154 on: October 24, 2020, 08:45:42 PM »

Play whatever semantic games you want.  Any time human life is destroyed it is a terrible thing.  Whether that is by a disease or by a vacuum and a "doctor".  The world is not a better place because of mass destruction.  And celebrating it in any way is gruesome and despicable.
Its fun to dehuman groups right.  Yeah.  Cool.  That has lead to good times in human history.
Glad the Wisconsin covid board became a place to regurgitate planned parenthood talking points. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2155 on: October 24, 2020, 09:21:34 PM »
In a bit of irony. the Pro-Lifers, today, got a court to overturn the limit on gathering size using the argument that they were prevented from gathering to raise money to save baby lives.

I was neighbors with the husband and wife team who led that group. Psychos! Referred to any politician who wasn’t 100%. No exceptions pro-life as a “baby butcher.” But now it’s about “my body my choice.”
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2156 on: October 24, 2020, 09:44:06 PM »
Play whatever semantic games you want.  Any time human life is destroyed it is a terrible thing.  Whether that is by a disease or by a vacuum and a "doctor".  The world is not a better place because of mass destruction.  And celebrating it in any way is gruesome and despicable.
Its fun to dehuman groups right.  Yeah.  Cool.  That has lead to good times in human history.
Glad the Wisconsin covid board became a place to regurgitate planned parenthood talking points. 

Bitches about Covid board.

Doesn’t talk about Covid.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2157 on: October 24, 2020, 10:30:07 PM »

Hy false equivalency, Batman.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2158 on: October 24, 2020, 11:22:42 PM »

Any time human life is destroyed it is a terrible thing.

If you truly believe this, then you oppose the move by the pro-life group to get the gathering size restrictions overturned...right?

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #2159 on: October 24, 2020, 11:57:10 PM »

If you truly believe this, then you oppose the move by the pro-life group to get the gathering size restrictions overturned...right?

Large gatherings are nothing but stupid right now.  There can be mitigating factors, like mask, but I certainly wouldn't go to anything like that.

So yeah. I do.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:01:14 AM by buckchuckler »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2160 on: October 25, 2020, 10:14:16 AM »
Glad the Wisconsin covid board became a place to regurgitate planned parenthood anti-choice talking points.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2161 on: October 25, 2020, 10:16:32 AM »
Worst governor Evers, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2162 on: October 25, 2020, 10:25:05 AM »
174 deaths since this time last week in Wisconsin.  I know that is just a number to look at, and is easily forgotten and not easily visualized.  Think of the football games you're probably going to watch today.

Now put a dead body on each hash mark all way down the field... and realize you can go from endzone to endzone almost twice with dead people.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2163 on: October 25, 2020, 10:30:52 AM »
Worst governor Evers, aina?

Worst legislature in Wisconsin history, too, aina?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2164 on: October 25, 2020, 11:10:28 AM »
Yep.  We dont have a plan.   But we have to stop Evers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2165 on: October 25, 2020, 11:24:57 AM »
Worst legislature in Wisconsin history, too, aina?

The new “welfare kings and Queens”?

They are the least active full time legislature in the country as they barely even meet anymore. The other full time  state legislatures in the country have met an average of 18 times more than Wisconsin since the start of Covid.

Despite the deadly pandemic, they couldn’t even be bothered to meet in April, May, June, July, August, September, or October.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2166 on: October 25, 2020, 03:09:40 PM »

They are the least active full time legislature in the country as they barely even meet anymore. The other full time  state legislatures in the country have met an average of 18 times more than Wisconsin since the start of Covid.

Despite the deadly pandemic, they couldn’t even be bothered to meet in April, May, June, July, August, September, or October.

Living in Wisconsin is embarrassing nowadays, aina?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2167 on: October 25, 2020, 03:21:26 PM »

Whoa - seriously? I knew they were messed up, but it’s criminally negligent for a legislature to take seven months off during a pandemic.

Explains a lot.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2168 on: October 26, 2020, 12:35:26 PM »
174 deaths since this time last week in Wisconsin.  I know that is just a number to look at, and is easily forgotten and not easily visualized.  Think of the football games you're probably going to watch today.

Now put a dead body on each hash mark all way down the field... and realize you can go from endzone to endzone almost twice with dead people.

one of my wife's MU roommates was just told she's going to be leaving her family to go to Northern WI because there is a shortage of health care workers there to deal with COvID. She's a PT. That's how desperate they are in WI and meanwhile, the Tavern League continues to tell bars to stay open and Trump has his superspreader events, a giant middle finger to health care workers.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2169 on: October 26, 2020, 01:26:40 PM »
one of my wife's MU roommates was just told she's going to be leaving her family to go to Northern WI because there is a shortage of health care workers there to deal with COvID. She's a PT. That's how desperate they are in WI and meanwhile, the Tavern League continues to tell bars to stay open and Trump has his superspreader events, a giant middle finger to health care workers.

Rural Wisconsin had a severe shortage of health care workers long before covid.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2170 on: October 26, 2020, 01:33:28 PM »
As written elsewhere, COVID is laying bare all of the weaknesses in America.    In this case, health care workers in rural Wisconsin. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2171 on: October 26, 2020, 01:35:21 PM »

And this isn't helping.

I'm a little surprised the Tavern League isn't thinking more long term.  If this gets bad enough, people are going to self select out of the bar experience.   Why not use your incredible lobbying power to get aid packages for bars & restaurants?  I know the million dollar question is where does the money come from, but it seems like when people want the money, the money is always found.  There has to be a better solution than simply, lets pack the bar.    Heck put a 5% tax on alcohol bought in grocery stores and have that bailout bars.  Something should be done to protect these small business owners and they shouldn't have to choose between their livelihood and safety.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2172 on: October 26, 2020, 02:12:36 PM »

ok, I'll let her know as she leaves her husband and kids for an indefinite period of time. That makes it all ok.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2173 on: October 26, 2020, 02:40:10 PM »
And this isn't helping.

I'm a little surprised the Tavern League isn't thinking more long term.  If this gets bad enough, people are going to self select out of the bar experience.   Why not use your incredible lobbying power to get aid packages for bars & restaurants?  I know the million dollar question is where does the money come from, but it seems like when people want the money, the money is always found.  There has to be a better solution than simply, lets pack the bar.    Heck put a 5% tax on alcohol bought in grocery stores and have that bailout bars.  Something should be done to protect these small business owners and they shouldn't have to choose between their livelihood and safety.

We as Americans generally don't look past our nose. Short-sighted goals/profits is all that matters in the mighty capitalist USA.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2174 on: October 26, 2020, 02:45:26 PM »
ok, I'll let her know as she leaves her husband and kids for an indefinite period of time. That makes it all ok.

That's not my point.  Rural health care in WI is a huge problem. Covid is making it worse.  But the shortages have been bad for years.

I didn't say anything about your friend or her choice to help out.