[Today at 03:35:32 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 313810 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2100 on: October 16, 2020, 02:48:48 PM »
I’m not denying the existence of gerrymandering.  It’s a game both sides play so for every one example of republican gerrymandering I’m sure I can find 1 from the dem side.

No kidding.  So let the computers draw the maps fairly everywhere and codify it in the constitution.  Oh wait, I forgot, we are Americans and can't have nice things.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2101 on: October 16, 2020, 03:12:32 PM »
Japan’s 3 C’s.

Which is basically the same as what Evers has done. Social distancing, no large, closed gatherings, and wear masks.

The difference is the Japanese followed the rules and Americans didn’t.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2102 on: October 16, 2020, 03:20:28 PM »

Or just say, "I am going to walk over to the Assembly at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning so we can begin negotiations because it is beyond time for us to act,"  and then march across the Capitol to the Speaker's office.

Or whatever.  Be more demonstrative.

But instead he just does everything virtually, reading from prepared remarks, and comes off as not willing to fight.  For a guy who isn't exactly "exciting," his actions are just reinforcing what all his critics say about him.

What......?

We know that masks and social distancing are the most effective steps we can take. So, you want Evers to agree with Vos and Fitzgerald that these aren’t really necessary, and instead do nothing. But, hey, he’ll look like a real “leader” bowing before the science deniers.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2103 on: October 16, 2020, 03:21:13 PM »
Which is basically the same as what Evers has done. Social distancing, no large, closed gatherings, and wear masks.

Not to mention that a bi-partisan bill that is passed and supported by both the Legislature and the Governor would have gone a long way toward legitimizing what is being asked of people. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #2104 on: October 16, 2020, 03:22:45 PM »
What......?

We know that masks and social distancing are the most effective steps we can take. So, you want Evers to agree with Vos and Fitzgerald that these aren’t really necessary, and instead do nothing. But, hey, he’ll look like a real “leader” bowing before the science deniers.

LOL, where did I say this?

I know you're just a partisan hack, but at least I thought you could read.  I guess not.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2105 on: October 16, 2020, 03:24:47 PM »
Evers is a disaster. Shockin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2106 on: October 16, 2020, 03:28:03 PM »

And there is a second reason why Americans aren't following the three Cs like the Japanese. The first is the Japanese cultural mindset mentioned earlier. The second is that Evers has faced several lawsuits challenging the rules, and some courts have delayed his ability to implement them. A perfect example is going on right now, with the court delaying Evers' proposed restrictions in bars and restaurants. So in the latter case, a person could technically 'follow the law' while still going to a crowded bar tonight.

• All American
« Reply #2107 on: October 16, 2020, 03:28:26 PM »

It's a race to the bottom between him and the legislative leaders who aren't doing anything.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2108 on: October 16, 2020, 04:35:06 PM »

Walker's campaign must have been an even bigger disaster, hoo?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2109 on: October 16, 2020, 04:39:52 PM »
No kidding.  So let the computers draw the maps fairly everywhere and codify it in the constitution.  Oh wait, I forgot, we are Americans and can't have nice things.

I’m on board with that!

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #2110 on: October 16, 2020, 05:21:57 PM »
Not sure if this is the right topic to post this under based off the recent posts but another new record number of cases in WI today.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2111 on: October 16, 2020, 11:37:58 PM »

It's a race to the bottom between him and the legislative leaders who aren't doing anything.

You equate a mask mandate and restrictions on the size of gatherings with doing nothing.

I don’t get the point.

• All American
« Reply #2112 on: October 17, 2020, 06:10:52 AM »
You equate a mask mandate and restrictions on the size of gatherings with doing nothing.

I don’t get the point.

I'm not surprised.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2113 on: October 19, 2020, 03:14:59 PM »
Wisconsin is updating its Covid dashboard to provide better information. That's good.

Wisconsin officially 'reported' 0 cases over the weekend, since apparently they couldn't simply tweet out a number while its dashboard was being updated. That's incompetent, and it made it look in the press like the numbers were steady or declining. That's lazy and incompetent.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 03:17:05 PM by GooooMarquette »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2114 on: October 19, 2020, 03:20:52 PM »
+1000

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2115 on: October 19, 2020, 06:36:11 PM »
Wisconsin school coronavirus cases search/tracking

https://projects.jsonline.com/topics/coronavirus/schools/coronavirus-in-wisconsin-schools-search-covid-19.html

This information has been hard to get your hands on, but the Journal Sentinel is giving data collection a go. 422 schools that have had 2 or more cases in the last couple weeks out of 6k schools in the state. Hold onto your keesters!

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2116 on: October 19, 2020, 07:00:40 PM »
Wisconsin school coronavirus cases search/tracking

https://projects.jsonline.com/topics/coronavirus/schools/coronavirus-in-wisconsin-schools-search-covid-19.html

This information has been hard to get your hands on, but the Journal Sentinel is giving data collection a go. 422 schools that have had 2 or more cases in the last couple weeks out of 6k schools in the state. Hold onto your keesters!

This is an interesting idea but it's very out of date.  It was last updated on October 4th for the District my kids are in and the District dashboard is updated very hour.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2117 on: October 20, 2020, 09:11:50 AM »
This is an interesting idea but it's very out of date.  It was last updated on October 4th for the District my kids are in and the District dashboard is updated very hour.

It has data from yesterday. Yesterday it had data from the day before. I feel like we're looking at different things.

Edit: Came back to reread. You said "for the district my kids are in." I missed that, mea culpa.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 11:58:46 AM by Skatastrophy »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2118 on: October 20, 2020, 12:18:08 PM »

well, when you have a hostile (gerrymandered to hell) Legislature and had your powers stripped by that legislature before you even took office there's not much one can do. All of this is on Vos and Fitzgerald.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2119 on: October 20, 2020, 03:07:31 PM »
A mind-boggling 4,591 positives today with an even more mind-boggling 33% positivity rate. Wow.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #2120 on: October 20, 2020, 04:19:57 PM »

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2121 on: October 20, 2020, 07:26:44 PM »
It has data from yesterday. Yesterday it had data from the day before. I feel like we're looking at different things.

Edit: Came back to reread. You said "for the district my kids are in." I missed that, mea culpa.

No problem - I probably didn't word my post the best. 

I look at our District's dashboard pretty regularly as they update it every hour.  But it's also interesting to see what numbers are like for other area Districts. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2122 on: October 20, 2020, 07:43:01 PM »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2123 on: October 20, 2020, 08:44:26 PM »
Either way, the average for the last few days is still close to 4000 cases per day. Just awful.

The good news is at this rate we'll have herd immunity in Wisconsin in 2022!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2124 on: October 20, 2020, 09:00:23 PM »
The good news is at this rate we'll have herd immunity in Wisconsin in 2022!

And a lot more elbow room.