[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 315865 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2050 on: October 14, 2020, 02:10:32 PM »
Curious .. has anyone seen a study on .. what are the major transmission avenues?

I mean, we have tons of data, 3200+ people per day in the state getting infected.    Where are they getting it?  I'd first think it's bars and restaurants, but .. that's a lot of people.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2051 on: October 14, 2020, 02:27:40 PM »
Curious .. has anyone seen a study on .. what are the major transmission avenues?

I mean, we have tons of data, 3200+ people per day in the state getting infected.    Where are they getting it?  I'd first think it's bars and restaurants, but .. that's a lot of people.

I'm not even convinced its restaurants (given they're following a roughly 50% rule, servers in masks etc).  I really think it is packed bars and another other places where people gather in large, close groups and talk / yell / sing without masks.  I'm starting to be of the belief that you can do most things as long as you space out and mask up.  It's not that hard. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2052 on: October 14, 2020, 02:32:35 PM »
I'm not even convinced its restaurants (given they're following a roughly 50% rule, servers in masks etc).  I really think it is packed bars and another other places where people gather in large, close groups and talk / yell / sing without masks.  I'm starting to be of the belief that you can do most things as long as you space out and mask up.  It's not that hard.

I would guess weddings would be a big one. Lots of people in close quarters, with iffy social distancing.

Bars would be the biggest in my opinion. Looking at that picture of Trinity in Milwaukee where it was basically a mosh pit had me feeling squeamish.

I also think there’s just a lot of people that feel masking/distancing isn’t worth the effort, so they go about their life normally and spread it that way.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2053 on: October 14, 2020, 02:35:58 PM »
Bars, weddings, and other family events.  That's where many are being eventually traced to.  That is why the idea of families getting together in close quarters is problematic for the Holidays.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2054 on: October 14, 2020, 03:07:38 PM »
Bars, weddings, and other family events.  That's where many are being eventually traced to.  That is why the idea of families getting together in close quarters is problematic for the Holidays.

This.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #2055 on: October 14, 2020, 03:16:35 PM »
This.

Several of the people I know who have contracted COVID-19, did so dining outdoors with friends/family.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2056 on: October 14, 2020, 03:30:47 PM »
Man, too bad we haven't invested in testing and contact tracing so that we could get actual answers.

• All American
« Reply #2057 on: October 14, 2020, 03:36:53 PM »
nm
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2058 on: October 14, 2020, 03:54:56 PM »

I was at Morningstar golf course in Waukesha last Saturday and they had a wedding reception where no one was masked up at all.  They also had a full buffet.  They’ve been doing concerts as well and the place gets packed
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2059 on: October 14, 2020, 11:22:47 PM »
On Wednesday, the leader of the legislative committee that has veto power over coronavirus policies brought to it by the Evers administration doubted there was a need for a field hospital. Sen. Steve Nass, R-Whitewater, claimed without evidence Evers was opening the overflow facility for political reasons.

Mr. Obvious! Evers could just have a Marine helicopter pick up these sick people and fly them to their own private hospital floor.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2060 on: October 15, 2020, 07:56:25 AM »
Hasn’t Wisconsin had a bunch of Oktoberfest events lately too?
Drinking, shouting over the bands, toasts. I’m sure they were all completely safe.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2061 on: October 15, 2020, 08:15:00 AM »
Hasn’t Wisconsin had a bunch of Oktoberfest events lately too?
Drinking, shouting over the bands, toasts. I’m sure they were all completely safe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe most of those were cancelled.

• All American
« Reply #2062 on: October 15, 2020, 08:31:21 AM »
The legislature and governor better come to an agreement soon, because the next seven months are going to be much worse than the previous seven.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2063 on: October 15, 2020, 08:34:49 AM »
The legislature and governor better come to an agreement soon, because the next seven months are going to be much worse than the previous seven.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2064 on: October 15, 2020, 08:50:02 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe most of those were cancelled.

The biggest brewery in the Charlotte metro area, Olde Mecklenberg Brewing, had its "Mecktoberfest" celebration a couple weeks ago. It resulted in numerous infections, and at least one hospitalization.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #2065 on: October 15, 2020, 08:50:40 AM »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2066 on: October 15, 2020, 12:32:06 PM »
A Sawyer County judge has, for now, blocked Gov. Tony Evers' latest order to curb the spread of coronavirus by limiting public gatherings and the number of customers bars and restaurants may serve at one time.

The order from Judge John Yackel knocks down the order at a time of record hospitalizations, new cases and deaths — and after bars and restaurants have lost a massive amount of revenue as customers stay away while the pandemic rages on in the state.

that's what happens when the Tavern League is one of the most powerful lobbying group in the state.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2067 on: October 15, 2020, 12:34:39 PM »

Scoop's chief both-siderist.

• All American
« Reply #2068 on: October 15, 2020, 12:45:04 PM »
Scoop's chief both-siderist.

From someone who can't put a thought together unless authored by some self-reinforcing Twitter follow...

Anyway, if you think the Governor has done well, that's fine.  But he hasn't. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2069 on: October 15, 2020, 01:58:41 PM »
The wheels are officially falling off in Wisconsin...3,747 new cases today, breaking the previous high by about 500.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2070 on: October 15, 2020, 02:09:18 PM »
I agree, Evers has not done well.  He's done mediocre, grading on a curve that's bad.

If I could advise him .. I would tell him to wave a white flag.   I would have Evers figuratively prostrate himself to Vos in the media, and downright beg him to hold a meeting where he (Evers) would agree to whatever plan Vos wanted in this time of need.

"Look, Vos and his team are going to stop every safety plan that comes from my office.  Wisconsin is on fire right now, we need a state-wide effort, and I'll do whatever he wants for the sake of Wisconsin."

.. It's preposterous to think .. if Walker was Gov right now, COVID cases might be manageable right now.

• All American
« Reply #2071 on: October 15, 2020, 02:27:22 PM »
I agree, Evers has not done well.  He's done mediocre, grading on a curve that's bad.

If I could advise him .. I would tell him to wave a white flag.   I would have Evers figuratively prostrate himself to Vos in the media, and downright beg him to hold a meeting where he (Evers) would agree to whatever plan Vos wanted in this time of need.

"Look, Vos and his team are going to stop every safety plan that comes from my office.  Wisconsin is on fire right now, we need a state-wide effort, and I'll do whatever he wants for the sake of Wisconsin."

.. It's preposterous to think .. if Walker was Gov right now, COVID cases might be manageable right now.

Or just say, "I am going to walk over to the Assembly at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning so we can begin negotiations because it is beyond time for us to act,"  and then march across the Capitol to the Speaker's office.

Or whatever.  Be more demonstrative.

But instead he just does everything virtually, reading from prepared remarks, and comes off as not willing to fight.  For a guy who isn't exactly "exciting," his actions are just reinforcing what all his critics say about him.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2072 on: October 15, 2020, 02:35:33 PM »
President Bartlet did that on the West Wing....

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #2073 on: October 15, 2020, 03:20:04 PM »
That judge was appointed by Walker in 2015.

Trying to remember the last time I read about a legal decision and wasn't able to guess who had appointed the judge . Pretty sad comment on our judiciary. Better to know the judge than to know the law.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2074 on: October 15, 2020, 08:20:08 PM »

Or....

since Rs control both houses, they could pass anything they want at any time.

As far as Walker is concerned, we wouldn't even have the bare minimum of a mask mandate now if he was governor.

feedback