[Today at 12:40:07 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 316111 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2525 on: January 28, 2021, 06:10:20 AM »
I think it will as it's the only thing getting a number of people to wear masks now.  I'm not surprised this is happening but very upset about it.  At least our school district has its own mask rule - I'm not one who could ever home school but no way in heck am I sending my kids to a school if they don't require masks be worn.

It'll be the easiest way to spot a person I'm willing to go the extra mile for.  No mask, sorry, can't help you.

It's a really stupid repeal, because as I've mentioned before, more than half the state was just ignoring it anyway.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2526 on: January 28, 2021, 06:49:27 AM »
It'll be the easiest way to spot a person I'm willing to go the extra mile for.  No mask, sorry, can't help you.

It's a really stupid repeal, because as I've mentioned before, more than half the state was just ignoring it anyway.

Your last line makes me hopeful this won’t be a huge negative impact. The people who wear masks will keep doing so, and those that don’t never really did.

Will stores be able to still enforce mask policies?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2527 on: January 28, 2021, 07:13:10 AM »

Will stores be able to still enforce mask policies?

Yes.  No shoes, no shirt, no service.

Also, municipalities can enforce as well.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2528 on: January 28, 2021, 07:44:18 AM »
Yes.  No shoes, no shirt, no service.

Also, municipalities can enforce as well.

Correct.  Dane County will still have it for sure.  Also, any private business can enforce almost any policy they choose.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2529 on: January 28, 2021, 07:46:35 AM »
Really dumb political theatre at the worst time. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #2530 on: January 28, 2021, 10:57:09 AM »
I think it will as it's the only thing getting a number of people to wear masks now.  I'm not surprised this is happening but very upset about it.  At least our school district has its own mask rule - I'm not one who could ever home school but no way in heck am I sending my kids to a school if they don't require masks be worn.

my kids district as well.  Glad i just found out i am part of group 1b for being a coach and part time employee of the district.  will gladly wear my mask even after i get the vaccine.  Things are moving in the right direction so dumb to mess things up now

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2531 on: January 28, 2021, 12:06:44 PM »
my kids district as well.  Glad i just found out i am part of group 1b for being a coach and part time employee of the district.  will gladly wear my mask even after i get the vaccine.  Things are moving in the right direction so dumb to mess things up now

Well, being in the 1b group doesn't sound so hot when there is no vaccine available. I called the clinic yesterday - their response was "don't call us, we'll call you".

• All American
« Reply #2532 on: January 28, 2021, 12:11:45 PM »
Well, being in the 1b group doesn't sound so hot when there is no vaccine available. I called the clinic yesterday - their response was "don't call us, we'll call you".

What clinic do you go to?  I have seen reports of shortages, but none of the health systems where I live have that policy. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2533 on: January 28, 2021, 12:36:04 PM »

What clinic do you go to?  I have seen reports of shortages, but none of the health systems where I live have that policy.

The clinic is part of Ascension in Racine. They say they will call when vaccine is available.

Is there vaccine available in your area? I saw the percentages yesterday and Wisconsin is next to last in the Midwest as far as administering the vaccine. So it would seem that Racine isn't the only problem area?

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2534 on: January 28, 2021, 12:44:53 PM »
‘Don’t call us we’ll call you’ has been the response of my health system and several others in the Chicago area, though a couple have now just started their reach out. Rush is the only one I am aware of that started a couple weeks ago.

• All American
« Reply #2535 on: January 28, 2021, 12:49:44 PM »
The clinic is part of Ascension in Racine. They say they will call when vaccine is available.

Is there vaccine available in your area? I saw the percentages yesterday and Wisconsin is next to last in the Midwest as far as administering the vaccine. So it would seem that Racine isn't the only problem area?

My health system has online sign up and I know multiple people who have taken advantage of it.  They only open slots as they have the ability to fill them though.

I am not disputing your story, I am just surprised at the way they are handling it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2536 on: January 28, 2021, 01:09:01 PM »
This review of CDC data ranks states based on the % of doses received that have been administered. ND leads the pack, having administered almost 87% of the doses it has received. Wisconsin is 49th, having administered about 42.5%.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

Lotta states with work to do, including several here in the Midwest, with IL (48.2%) and MN (47.7%) not a whole lot better than WI.

• All American
« Reply #2537 on: January 28, 2021, 01:12:36 PM »
This review of CDC data ranks states based on the % of doses received that have been administered. ND leads the pack, having administered almost 87% of the doses it has received. Wisconsin is 49th, having administered about 42.5%.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

Lotta states with work to do, including several here in the Midwest, with IL (48.2%) and MN (47.7%) not a whole lot better than WI.

Wisconsin hasn't seen the chaos that you have seen from other states.  Yeah ultimately they have to get shots into arms, but some deliberate planning isn't a bad thing.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2538 on: January 28, 2021, 01:19:49 PM »
FBM, I am in two different health systems in the Chicago area, neither is signing anyone up for anything right now, they just tell people to keep checking the app and they will post info about signing up there. A couple others I am aware of just started reaching out to their 1b people  about scheduling in the last day or two. But even they are telling their patients that they will be in touch when it’s their turn to schedule, not giving them some kind of list to be on.

• All American
« Reply #2539 on: January 28, 2021, 01:21:54 PM »
When I say "online sign up," I mean for specific appointments where doses are administrated.  Not simply a wait list.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2540 on: January 28, 2021, 01:24:43 PM »
I had heard Froedtert was starting to get people in the over 65 group but Ascension has not gotten to that point yet.

• All American
« Reply #2541 on: January 28, 2021, 01:27:40 PM »
My parents are with SSM Health in Madison and they got their shots yesterday.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2542 on: January 28, 2021, 01:28:09 PM »

Wisconsin hasn't seen the chaos that you have seen from other states.  Yeah ultimately they have to get shots into arms, but some deliberate planning isn't a bad thing.

I absolutely agree that planning is good and vaccine free-for-alls are bad.

Still, I have to wonder how much of the lag is 'planning', and how much is confusion and paralysis. Same holds true for most of the states near the bottom.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2543 on: January 28, 2021, 01:33:17 PM »
I think people can cope better if they know there is some kind of plan, even if it doesn’t have specific dates.  I think communication from one of my systems has been woeful, I can’t figure out if they’re planning to offer it to their patients or not, frankly, and that was from one general email where they assured everyone how concerned they are. Their providers are telling people to go to drugstores and supermarkets. The other system has at least been telling people that they are planning regional clinics, but aren’t there yet.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #2544 on: January 28, 2021, 01:42:25 PM »
I got an email from the district with a link to submit a survey. then I got an email reply back saying i would get a call once things are ready for my group.  So i did sort of get the dont call us we will call you but it makes sense.  The health care providers probably get flooded with calls from people daily asking if they can get the vaccine.  March 1 is when my group is supposed to start getting the vaccine.  The survey needs to be completed by Feb 3.  That gives them a month to get organized.  At this point it sounds organized to me

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2545 on: January 28, 2021, 01:46:07 PM »
Rush did something similar. I haven’t seen that from my own two systems, nor have any of my friends reported that.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2546 on: January 28, 2021, 03:06:45 PM »
I think people can cope better if they know there is some kind of plan, even if it doesn’t have specific dates.  I think communication from one of my systems has been woeful, I can’t figure out if they’re planning to offer it to their patients or not, frankly, and that was from one general email where they assured everyone how concerned they are. Their providers are telling people to go to drugstores and supermarkets. The other system has at least been telling people that they are planning regional clinics, but aren’t there yet.

I agree that predictability and communication is important. I haven’t felt the frustration firsthand yet, because I am at the very back of the line so I don’t expect a shot until summer. If I get it earlier, I will consider it a bonus.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2547 on: January 28, 2021, 04:08:57 PM »
Even though I've said I'm not in a hurry to get jabbed, that right now I'm content to let the high risk/elderly get the first shots, that will change when I'm denied the chance to do something I want to do without showing proof of vaccination.  I don't know if it's going to be air travel, going to a Brewers game, Summerfest, or a concert, but I suspect these things may start requiring proof of inoculation at some point.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2548 on: January 28, 2021, 04:16:24 PM »

My health system has online sign up and I know multiple people who have taken advantage of it.  They only open slots as they have the ability to fill them though.

I am not disputing your story, I am just surprised at the way they are handling it.

This is from the Ascension Medical Group - Wisconsin website:

"AMG is in the process of reviewing medical records for all existing patients and contacting all patients who fit the above criteria within Phase 1B to schedule vaccine appointments. Please do not call our hospitals or clinics regarding vaccinations, as vaccines are limited at this time, and AMG will reach out directly to patients who are eligible for the vaccine."

I called anyway and was told - we'll call you.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2549 on: January 28, 2021, 07:04:30 PM »
This is from the Ascension Medical Group - Wisconsin website:

"AMG is in the process of reviewing medical records for all existing patients and contacting all patients who fit the above criteria within Phase 1B to schedule vaccine appointments. Please do not call our hospitals or clinics regarding vaccinations, as vaccines are limited at this time, and AMG will reach out directly to patients who are eligible for the vaccine."

I called anyway and was told - we'll call you.

I heard that they are bumping everyone that calls in to the bottom of the list.