[Today at 01:00:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by onepost
[Today at 12:53:48 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 12:50:47 PM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 313862 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2500 on: January 23, 2021, 01:57:55 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-us-maps-and-cases/

The numbers are based on the data from Johns Hopkins.

Shocker a CNN sourced link isn’t accurate. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2501 on: January 23, 2021, 02:01:45 PM »
https://www.wha.org/Covid-19Update

This is the wisconsin hospital association dashboard which shows less then your number above as well.  You were way too excited to post what appears to be fake news to “win” a back and forth we had two months ago.

For comparison purposes, the Johns Hopkins data is better. They analyze all the different states’ data to reconcile any differences based on disparate definitions or practices.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2502 on: January 23, 2021, 02:10:02 PM »

For comparison purposes, the Johns Hopkins data is better. They analyze all the different states’ data to reconcile any differences based on disparate definitions or practices.

Sure

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2503 on: January 23, 2021, 02:17:23 PM »

Despite our death numbers being better I have changed my mind in that I’d rather ride out the next 6 months really anywhere in the Midwest other then WI being that Evers and his team have been atrocious in the vaccine roll out plan. 

I believe we are dead last in the Midwest and what does that get the jet the woman who was in charge of it?  A promotion to go work on the Biden team.....good times!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2504 on: January 23, 2021, 02:49:44 PM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #2505 on: January 23, 2021, 02:52:06 PM »
https://www.wha.org/Covid-19Update

This is the wisconsin hospital association dashboard which shows less then your number above as well.  You were way too excited to post what appears to be fake news to “win” a back and forth we had two months ago.

You were wrong again
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2506 on: January 23, 2021, 03:29:09 PM »
For anyone who might doubt the Johns Hopkins numbers, the CDC Covid Data Tracker also lists 6,135 Covid deaths in WI as of the end of reporting yesterday. Select WI from the drop down list, click on the data table, and you'll see the number.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_totalandratedeaths

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #2507 on: January 23, 2021, 03:39:00 PM »
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services confirmed 2,070 new cases of COVID-19 and 36 new deaths on January 22. That brings the state’s total number of cases to 530,171 and the total number of deaths to 5,643.

So why are the John’s Hopkins numbers higher for Wisconsin?  Where is it getting its data from?

But certainly too damn many by either measure. 
Ludum habemus.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2508 on: January 23, 2021, 04:21:48 PM »
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services confirmed 2,070 new cases of COVID-19 and 36 new deaths on January 22. That brings the state’s total number of cases to 530,171 and the total number of deaths to 5,643.

So why are the John’s Hopkins numbers higher for Wisconsin?  Where is it getting its data from?

But certainly too damn many by either measure.

CDC has the same numbers as Johns Hopkins.

As for the difference, it might be the way that WI DHS records causes of deaths (which can be variable from state to state). CDC has a uniform set of guidelines for reporting causes of death that are applied nationally, so this can provide more reliable comparison and trend numbers. Below is a link to the CDC form and instructions:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/blue_form.pdf

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #2509 on: January 26, 2021, 07:02:04 AM »
Last week Tier 1A was updated to include paid and unpaid caregivers of special needs kids.  As a result my wife and I signed up for the lottery over the weekend based on the Dane County autism services we receive for our son.  They pull from that list to fill in slots that remain open to ensure nothing goes unused.  We both got emails yesterday that there are openings this week.  I'll be going to the Alliant Center today for my first shot.  My wife goes on Thursday.

My 80ish yo parents live in Portage.  They called the hospital there yesterday and scheduled both shots for both of them, with the first being next week.

I know this is going to a long process, but it seems like there's some movement now outside of the immediate frontline workers.

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #2510 on: January 26, 2021, 07:27:38 AM »
My parents, early/mid 70s, were able to get their first shots on Monday (the first day for 65+).

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2511 on: January 26, 2021, 08:16:00 AM »
My parents (late 70s, early 80s) are getting their first shots this morning. 

Also a friend of mine who has her elderly mother living with her, was able to get vaccinated last week as an "unpaid caregiver" as well. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2512 on: January 26, 2021, 08:59:37 AM »
- My Uncle (74) lives at the VA, he has gotten both shots
- My Mom (73) is getting her first one this week
- My Dad (69) is getting his through his employer (nursing home in 2 weeks)...he had been scheduled for awhile and well before my Mom and now my Mom, through her PCP / network of Froedtert, beat him to it.
- My youngest brother (34) has an admin job at the VA.  He got his first dose last week.  The VA has a separate supply from the state and they had some surpluses so they opened up to employees.  My brother tried to pass it off to my parents / his in laws and the VA told him it was him or nothing so he took it.   

Both my Uncle and my brother report a number of one off stories about people within the VA ecosystem who have access to the vaccine but are not getting it.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2513 on: January 26, 2021, 09:01:47 AM »
My fiancé called Milwaukee county health where they said they aren't doing teachers yet. Meanwhile I've read teachers are supposed to prioritized and an aunt in Janesville just got her first dose.

I'm very confused by WI's rollout.
Maigh Eo for Sam

• All American
« Reply #2514 on: January 26, 2021, 09:06:01 AM »
My fiancé called Milwaukee county health where they said they aren't doing teachers yet. Meanwhile I've read teachers are supposed to prioritized and an aunt in Janesville just got her first dose.

I'm very confused by WI's rollout.

If her aunt got her first dose, it shouldn't be because she is a teacher.  They aren't eligible yet.  Here is the priority list.

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-about.htm
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2515 on: January 26, 2021, 09:32:19 AM »
Getting my first jab in 2 hours... so of course it snowed 8 inches.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2516 on: January 26, 2021, 10:11:37 AM »
I called the WI DHS and they told me MUScoop mods are not essential workers. 

That's bullshït.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2517 on: January 26, 2021, 10:27:21 AM »

That's bullshït.

They heard MUScoop should be shut down.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2518 on: January 26, 2021, 11:42:05 AM »

That's bullshït.

I read earlier today about some good inter state cooperation: DePaul is allocating 25% of their allotment to the Marquette Men's program.  By keeping us alive, they're keeping themselves alive.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 11:48:21 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2519 on: January 26, 2021, 07:18:33 PM »

If her aunt got her first dose, it shouldn't be because she is a teacher.  They aren't eligible yet.  Here is the priority list.

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-about.htm

Janesville teacheres were vaccinated ahead of schedule:

"Mercyhealth defied state health officials by offering the vaccine to Janesville teachers ahead of schedule after first vaccinating health care and emergency workers."

That is from this article:
https://www.wisn.com/article/janesville-teachers-get-covid-19-vaccine/35294723#

Another article about it:
https://www.wisn.com/article/janesville-school-district-at-odds-with-state-over-vaccination-plans/35231269

In the Waukesha schoool District, staff that works in isolation and Covid rooms were able to get vaccinated recently but the rest of the staff can't get vaccinated for now - the thing I saw is they are targeting March 1st for the next group of people in Wisconsin that includes teachers.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 07:21:00 PM by Marquette Fan »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2520 on: January 26, 2021, 07:19:29 PM »

"Mercyhealth defied state health officials by offering the vaccine to Janesville teachers ahead of schedule after first vaccinating health care and emergency workers."

https://www.wisn.com/article/janesville-school-district-at-odds-with-state-over-vaccination-plans/35231269

That explains a lot
Maigh Eo for Sam

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2521 on: January 26, 2021, 07:24:06 PM »
That explains a lot

Yeah I was wondering why Waukesha teachers hadn't been able to get their vaccines yet and they ahd but it made more sense when I read about how it came about for the Janesville teachers getting theirs.

• All American
« Reply #2522 on: January 26, 2021, 07:33:49 PM »

In the Waukesha schoool District, staff that works in isolation and Covid rooms were able to get vaccinated recently but the rest of the staff can't get vaccinated for now - the thing I saw is they are targeting March 1st for the next group of people in Wisconsin that includes teachers.

Wow. Interesting. Thanks.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #2523 on: January 27, 2021, 05:28:31 PM »
really hope the no mask mandate does not come back to bite this state

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2524 on: January 27, 2021, 09:07:24 PM »
really hope the no mask mandate does not come back to bite this state

I think it will as it's the only thing getting a number of people to wear masks now.  I'm not surprised this is happening but very upset about it.  At least our school district has its own mask rule - I'm not one who could ever home school but no way in heck am I sending my kids to a school if they don't require masks be worn.