[Today at 11:22:27 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 316102 times)

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2550 on: January 28, 2021, 07:59:56 PM »
my kids district as well.  Glad i just found out i am part of group 1b for being a coach and part time employee of the district.  will gladly wear my mask even after i get the vaccine.  Things are moving in the right direction so dumb to mess things up now

Our District suprised me in a good way toinght with an email explaining that they will continue to have a mask rule no matter what happens with the state mask mandate. And the email also reminded families not to send kids to school when they are sick, Covid positive or if they have Covid positive people in their household - all of those things have already happened this school year.

Glad to hear you will be able to get your vaccine in the next phase.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #2551 on: January 28, 2021, 08:04:07 PM »
Our District suprised me in a good way toinght with an email explaining that they will continue to have a mask rule no matter what happens with the state mask mandate. And the email also reminded families not to send kids to school when they are sick, Covid positive or if they have Covid positive people in their household - all of those things have already happened this school year.

Glad to hear you will be able to get your vaccine in the next phase.

Some people just amaze you.  My wife works in the district and a student of hers was out for 4 days and came back to school gave a story that she tested negative for covid that is why she was back.  School nurse looked up to find her test results and she had never been tested.  The girl told my wife her mom told her to tell the school this so she could go back to school.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2552 on: January 28, 2021, 08:14:47 PM »
Some people just amaze you.  My wife works in the district and a student of hers was out for 4 days and came back to school gave a story that she tested negative for covid that is why she was back.  School nurse looked up to find her test results and she had never been tested.  The girl told my wife her mom told her to tell the school this so she could go back to school.

This doesn't surprise me at all.  I've heard of parents advocating lying about kids' symptoms when you call them in saying they  have an injury instead of illness and advocating lying about the start date of symptoms so less kids get quarantined.  And many parents won't test their kids and are mad at other parents who do test their kids who have been quarantined due to exposure to a Covid positive person.  This is one of the reasons I'm nervous about my kids being back in school in person right now.  And I feel bad for the teachers who haven't been able to be vaccinated yet.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2553 on: January 28, 2021, 08:35:52 PM »

Nothing like a crisis to bring out the worst in some people…

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2554 on: January 28, 2021, 09:07:10 PM »
School nurse looked up to find her test results and she had never been tested. 

Umm .. not to say the story isn't true, but .. how could a school nurse look up any test results for anyone?   I don't believe that's ethically nor legally possible.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #2555 on: January 28, 2021, 09:23:53 PM »
Umm .. not to say the story isn't true, but .. how could a school nurse look up any test results for anyone?   I don't believe that's ethically nor legally possible.

That is what i thought but i know things are different with covid.  Maybe it is the school gets contacted when someone tests positive or negative and she was not on the list.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2556 on: January 28, 2021, 09:32:27 PM »

Schools routinely get access to students’ vaccination histories, so it isn’t inconceivable that it’s possible for school nurses to have access to Covid test status.

HIPAA has a specific exception that allows disclosure of PHI for public health purposes, and I suspect most (all?) state laws do as well. That could very well be the provision that would apply in a case like this.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2557 on: January 28, 2021, 09:44:13 PM »

Schools routinely get access to students’ vaccination histories, so it isn’t inconceivable that it’s possible for school nurses to have access to Covid test status.

Not sure about that.  Our kids went to a .. co-op type pre-school and parents had to perform duties.  My wife collected vaccination records of the students -- but all of the info came from parents. 

Totally anecdotal, but any time I think someone should have access to health records, it's always wrong.   -- (It's crazy, my son turned 14 and he had to grant us access to his medical records.)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2558 on: January 28, 2021, 09:55:07 PM »
Not sure about that.  Our kids went to a .. co-op type pre-school and parents had to perform duties.  My wife collected vaccination records of the students -- but all of the info came from parents. 

Totally anecdotal, but any time I think someone should have access to health records, it's always wrong.   -- (It's crazy, my son turned 14 and he had to grant us access to his medical records.)

I am.

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/guidance/student-immunizations/index.html

Your kids’ school might prefer to get vaccination information from the parents, but it does not have to.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2559 on: January 28, 2021, 10:21:46 PM »
You and your facts!

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #2560 on: January 29, 2021, 02:33:58 PM »

MILWAUKEE (AP) — Alex Lasry, a 33-year-old Milwaukee Bucks executive and son of a billionaire, received the coronavirus vaccine this week at a senior living center in Milwaukee despite not being part of a group currently eligible for the shots in Wisconsin.

Lasry told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he “just got lucky” and didn’t receive any favoritism. Lasry, a New York City native who is a hedge fund manager, is considering running for the U.S. Senate in Wisconsin in 2022. He was also host committee chair for the 2020 Democratic National Convention, which was awarded to Milwaukee but moved online due to the pandemic.

Lasry, the son of Bucks co-owner Marc Lasry, said his wife, Lauren, got a call Monday from her uncle, who is rabbi at Ovation Chai Point Senior Living, saying the senior living center had some extra, unused vaccine doses.

Lasry’s wife, who is pregnant, chose not to get the shot, Lasry told the newspaper. Lasry said he stepped forward so the vaccine wouldn’t go to waste.

Gov. Tony Evers said during a Friday update on Wisconsin’s vaccination efforts that state health officials are encouraging providers to use all the vaccine they have.

“They should just get it in somebody’s arm,” Evers said.

As for Lasry specifically, Evers said he’s not sure what happened. Evers, who is 69, is himself waiting for word on when he can get a shot, since they’re now open to everyone over age 65 in Wisconsin.

Lsary said he didn’t receive special treatment because of his position with the Bucks, his political aspirations or his father’s wealth.

“That has nothing to do with anything,” Lasry said. “Honestly, if I wasn’t married to Lauren, I don’t know that I would have gotten a call or known about it.”

[not sure I would have broadcast it]
Ludum habemus.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2561 on: January 29, 2021, 03:57:27 PM »
Alex Lasry is an incredibly stupid person.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2562 on: January 29, 2021, 04:02:46 PM »
Alex Lasry is an incredibly stupid person selfish A-Hole.

FIFY
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2563 on: January 29, 2021, 07:20:55 PM »

I asked about this during my 13 year old's well check appointment this summer and they said they used to require kids to give permission for parents to access the medical records at age 14 but during the pandemic their medical system ended up changing that to give parents access to the records until the kids turn 18.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2564 on: February 01, 2021, 12:36:54 PM »
Remember the Grafton phamacist who destroyed vaccines? Well, FBI documents show that he is a flat-Earther.

Because,... why wouldn't he be?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2565 on: February 01, 2021, 01:03:26 PM »
Remember the Grafton phamacist who destroyed vaccines? Well, FBI documents show that he is a flat-Earther.

Because,... why wouldn't he be?
Who also claimed that the sky is a shield that the government installed to prevent people from seeing god.

Sounds like he'd be a good fit for Congress.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2566 on: February 01, 2021, 04:03:29 PM »
The SNL cold open this week with John Krasinski was along these lines.
The skit was titled "What Still Works" and the only thing that "Still Works" in America everyone is rooting against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LqK8GiIMYw

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2567 on: February 03, 2021, 01:30:24 PM »
Just registered my 65+ year old parents, got appts for one later today and one tomorrow.

https://city.milwaukee.gov/CoronavirusResources/Covid19-Vaccination

***Do need to be an City of MKE resident or City of MKE employee
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 02:19:49 PM by reinko »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2569 on: February 08, 2021, 12:01:51 PM »
My friends in Pewaukee finally got scheduled for this week through their fire protection district. A few weeks ago she told me that some mutual friends who also live in the Milwaukee suburbs ended up getting  appointments in Sheboygan and Green Bay for later this month.

Hards Alumni

• All American

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2571 on: February 08, 2021, 04:36:26 PM »
Dane County to finally lift the ban on sports competitions played in the county.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2572 on: February 08, 2021, 05:53:15 PM »
Dane County to finally lift the ban on sports competitions played in the county.

Fantastic news all the way around, feeling like we’re on the home stretch!!!  Glad to see a lot of business restrictions being relaxed as well. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2573 on: February 08, 2021, 06:06:57 PM »
I'm sure that those blaming Evers a couple of weeks ago will now be singing his praise.

Yes. At least those on the right never lost their integrity.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2574 on: February 09, 2021, 09:05:40 AM »

Good news. Hopefully Forward Madison will have something resembling a normal season.

feedback