[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Where is Marquette? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 464360 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2020, 07:59:01 PM »
@jakeweingarten: Pittsburgh and Marquette are the newest programs to reach out to Gardner Webb transfer Nate Johnson, he told @Stockrisers.

Joining long list of suitors. https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1241028405879021570

Kid can play...41.1% 3 point shooter
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2020, 08:50:25 PM »
Wojo when that PG averaging 9.8 ppg and 3 assists hits the transfer portal

So when our point guard scores a lot we don’t want him and need a point guard. When we recruit a point guard that doesn’t score a lot we don’t want him and need someone who can score.

Reasonable.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2020, 09:05:41 PM »
Must be nice for these mid-majors kids to get so many offers, chance to play in a major program, some make it, some do not. Sort of like the last 2 MU got. Getting Carton is the only one really worth getting.   

muguru

• All American
« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2020, 09:18:24 PM »
LOVE this...

Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
1s
Bowling Green graduate transfer Justin Turner has heard from UConn, Arkansas, Xavier, Gonzaga, Louisville, Mizzou, Alabama, Marquette, Arizona State, Cincinnati, amongst others, he told @Stockrisers

Averaged 18 points per game on 45% shooting. One of the top-available graduate transfers.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:21:29 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2020, 10:20:27 PM »
Wojo always gets his man. He’s an absolute closer. Looking forward to seeing who he can land with ample playing time immediately available.

I’m happy to see that so far none of our players have entered the transfer portal.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2020, 06:49:45 AM »

Since Wojo always closes the deal, when will he close the deal on a balanced roster? A big with a face-up from 12’? A pure pt guard that can also..wait for it...play some D and break a press!? Maybe DJ Carton will sign-on. Ironically, Stan Johnson goes to Loyola Marymount, and maybe their 7’3” big comes here. Maybe Karim Mane, even as a probable 1&dun comes on board. Then again, would it matter?...can Wojo coach em up? 
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2020, 07:25:32 AM »
No one ever said that Wojo always gets his man.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2020, 07:38:35 AM »
Eye just putt meye name in da transfer portal. Wanna sea how long it takes Woj da offer, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2020, 08:17:03 AM »
Eye just putt meye name in da transfer portal. Wanna sea how long it takes Woj da offer, hey?

Now that’s funny, Doc. 100% some b-ball genius tweets that Marquette is “one of the schools you’re hearing from”. LOL

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2020, 08:19:41 AM »
Wojo always gets his man. He’s an absolute closer. Looking forward to seeing who he can land with ample playing time immediately available.

I’m happy to see that so far none of our players have entered the transfer portal.

1. No one has ever said that
2. No you're not

Posts like this totally undermine any legit argument against wojo. Sad.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2020, 09:05:47 AM »
1. No one has ever said that
2. No you're not

Posts like this totally undermine any legit argument against wojo. Sad.

I love our players. 99% of my criticism has been toward Wojo - or Buzz his last year. Derrick Wilson unfortunately got caught in the cross hairs. Derrick aside, I support our players 100%

And yes. It was said:  Wojo always gets his man.  At least that’s what some fanboys posted early stage Years 1 and 2.

Wojo will undoubtedly fill a few slots this spring. Hopefully they can make an impact. Sounds like we have a lot of factors working in our favor for DJ Carton. Let’s close the deal.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2020, 01:20:54 PM »
Wojo when that PG averaging 9.8 ppg and 3 assists hits the transfer portal

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2020, 01:24:56 PM »
So when our point guard scores a lot we don’t want him and need a point guard. When we recruit a point guard that doesn’t score a lot we don’t want him and need someone who can score.

Reasonable.
Bad take. Try again.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2020, 04:24:50 PM »
It was said:  Wojo always gets his man.

If you can prove that any Scooper seriously said "Wojo always gets his man," please do.

If you can't, stop effen lying. Better yet, you might want to give yourself a short hiatus before the mods give you Ban No. 6.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2020, 09:48:13 PM »
Landers Nolley 11 on ESPN U until 11

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2020, 11:28:41 PM »
Landers Nolley 11 on ESPN U until 11

Landers Nolley fg% 37      3pt fg% 31.6 =47
Carton             fg% 47.7   3pt fg% 40.   =60
Nate Johnson   fg% 44.4.  3pt fg% 41.1. =62

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2020, 01:59:16 AM »
Landers Nolley fg% 37      3pt fg% 31.6 =47
Carton             fg% 47.7   3pt fg% 40.   =60
Nate Johnson   fg% 44.4.  3pt fg% 41.1. =62
Justin Turner.   fg% 42.7.   3pt fg% 36.1 =54

MU82

• All American
« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2020, 08:31:44 AM »
I love our players. 99% of my criticism has been toward Wojo - or Buzz his last year. Derrick Wilson unfortunately got caught in the cross hairs. Derrick aside, I support our players 100%

And yes. It was said:  Wojo always gets his man.  At least that’s what some fanboys posted early stage Years 1 and 2.

Wojo will undoubtedly fill a few slots this spring. Hopefully they can make an impact. Sounds like we have a lot of factors working in our favor for DJ Carton. Let’s close the deal.

So now, twice in this thread, you have made claims that you apparently cannot back up with facts.

The first was that you publicly called for Wojo to be fired during and/or after the 2015-16 season. Should be easy enough for you to "show your work," as we used to say in 3rd-grade math.

The second was that some Scoopers said, "Wojo always gets his man." I'd like to see evidence that even one Scooper (other than joyless willie, in his failed attempts to be hilarious) ever said it.

Sigh. Not sure why, Ners, but I guess you feel it's necessary to fill the void left by hoopaloop.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2020, 10:11:58 AM »
Jon Rothstein

Ryan Murphy tells me that Santa Clara is now showing interest. DePaul, Grand Canyon, Marquette, Toledo, Tulane, and Drexel also in the mix.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2020, 10:15:59 AM »
I do seem to recall there being one thread shortly after the Henry Ellenson commitment where people were praising Wojo's recruiting ability (as they should have at that point). If I remember correctly, someone asked if Wojo had failed to land any of his main targets so far. I remember answering and pointing out that Brevin Prtizl had been targeted by Wojo before going to Wisconsin and I think a couple of others. I don't know if anyone used the phrase "Wojo always gets his man" but if they did, I can't imagine it was meant literally, nor could I imagine anyone taking it literally. The only one who has used it repeatedly is Willie Warrior and you don't need teal to understand what he means by it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2020, 12:42:31 PM »
If you can prove that any Scooper seriously said "Wojo always gets his man," please do.

If you can't, stop effen lying. Better yet, you might want to give yourself a short hiatus before the mods give you Ban No. 6.

So now, twice in this thread, you have made claims that you apparently cannot back up with facts.

The first was that you publicly called for Wojo to be fired during and/or after the 2015-16 season. Should be easy enough for you to "show your work," as we used to say in 3rd-grade math.

The second was that some Scoopers said, "Wojo always gets his man." I'd like to see evidence that even one Scooper (other than joyless willie, in his failed attempts to be hilarious) ever said it.

Sigh. Not sure why, Ners, but I guess you feel it's necessary to fill the void left by hoopaloop.

Are you coming unhinged with social distancing?  Calm down.  I don't need to prove jack to you. Any long time scooper with a shred of honesty and truthfulness knows I wanted Wojo gone..early...I probably even posted that in Year 1 at some point with his mind-numbingly bad decision-making.

And yes, it was ridiculously stated here that "Wojo always get his man."  It was a dumb comment at that time.  Just like those offered up by you and the other ProJos likening early stage Wojo to Jay Wright, Coach K, Al, etc. 

You were wrong.  I was right.  Own it.  Get over it.  Move on.  Put me on ignore.  And go take a walk outside.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2020, 12:54:28 PM »
Are you coming unhinged with social distancing?  Calm down.  I don't need to prove jack to you. Any long time scooper with a shred of honesty and truthfulness knows I wanted Wojo gone..early...I probably even posted that in Year 1 at some point with his mind-numbingly bad decision-making.

And yes, it was ridiculously stated here that "Wojo always get his man."  It was a dumb comment at that time.  Just like those offered up by you and the other ProJos likening early stage Wojo to Jay Wright, Coach K, Al, etc. 

You were wrong.  I was right.  Own it.  Get over it.  Move on.  Put me on ignore.  And go take a walk outside.

So instead of actually providing the evidence that somewhere here has said that, which could easily be done with the search function, you've decided to call someone unhinged....by acting unhinged.

Good stuff Ners!!!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2020, 01:04:47 PM »
I wonder if Wojo/Stan ever contacted grad transfer PG Tahj East from Santa Clara. just committed to USC

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2020, 01:36:13 PM »

The "Wojo always gets his guy" meme started here: https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=46656.0

First, it wasn't a statement, it was a question. It was disproved in that thread (Jimmy Whitt & Brevin Pritzl both mentioned) but he did have a high success rate that first year. Heldt, Ellenson, Cheatham, Sacar, and then Carter (after MU had been shut out of Philly under Buzz).

And your entire basis for going after Wojo early was your Derrick Wilson hatred. You're better off moving away from the John Dawson defense, I mean the guy was a below average Big South player. There are far more valid criticisms of Wojo than your 6 year old PT gripe.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2020, 01:45:21 PM »

So instead of actually providing the evidence that somewhere here has said that, which could easily be done with the search function, you've decided to call someone unhinged....by acting unhinged.

Good stuff Ners!!!

Ahh Fluffy - You are a piece.  I chose to let your unrelenting a$$hole comment slide.  You calling anyone an "a$$hole" is the height of ironic.  Also a little unhinged.

Perhaps I will spend some time with the search tool.  I'll compile a greatest "misses" list for you and 82.  Then again, you guys do a good enough job embarrassing yourselves with your overwhelmingly wrong analysis.  No need to rub salt in that wound. 

Let's get back on topic.  What do we think the chances are for landing DJ Carton?

feedback