[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Season Endings  (Read 20962 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Season Endings
« on: March 07, 2020, 02:40:19 PM »
As the MKE Journal indicated, we are on a slide to replicate last year's debacle.

To date, our record at season's end, the last 2 years is 2-12.

2-12. Think about that. Put it into perspective.

To a program with our history and our commitment ($$$) that should be unacceptable.

Will anything change? Doubtful. Not optimistic for next year.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Season Endings
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 02:48:18 PM »
 i'll bet the dick strongs of MU are in a long meeting that will probably adjourn, ohhh...probably around 3/19 or 3/20. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 03:02:59 PM »
i'll bet the dick strongs of MU are in a long meeting that will probably adjourn, ohhh...probably around 3/19 or 3/20.

I am pretty confident MU is not firing Wojo. Maybe he bails on his own but Lovell is not pulling the trigger.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 03:06:10 PM »
I am pretty confident MU is not firing Wojo. Maybe he bails on his own but Lovell is not pulling the trigger.
Somebody needs to get some balls, otherwise next year will be worse. Stone cold lock.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 03:07:07 PM »

You are probably correct.  But how do you look at the product on the court and tell yourself, "just 1 more year."

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 03:09:23 PM »

Dick was against the hiring to begin with. Why would he bail Lovell out now?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 03:12:48 PM »

Agree!

« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 06:03:18 PM by curbina »
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 03:13:56 PM »
As the MKE Journal indicated, we are on a slide to replicate last year's debacle.

To date, our record at season's end, the last 2 years is 2-12.

2-12. Think about that. Put it into perspective.

To a program with our history and our commitment ($$$) that should be unacceptable.

Will anything change? Doubtful. Not optimistic for next year.
You had to read it in the MJS to believe it?

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 03:14:37 PM »
Well, regular season is over.

I remember many scoopers saying this year was the year to determine if Wojo stays or goes after last seasons collapse.

What say you?  Why should we want to keep Wojo at the helm?  If next years class is your response, my answer is we saw what Wojo did with a 2 year AA, and how did that turnout?  What about sam and Joey leaving?   What makes you believe he could keep the class together if they commit next year?

How can anyone think he’s the answer for the future of MU?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »
Mercurial Man
Dick Strong's story is the stuff of legend; some of its chapters don't look pretty
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB107490185422110442

Up Against The Wall Dick Strong runs his mutual fund firm with a raging passion. And passion can get you into a lot of trouble.
https://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2003/11/24/353793/index.htm

A very good friend of mine got his start under dick(no pun) in his late 20’s.  he is still with the company, now Wells Fargo, and to say he has done well is the understatement of the decade.  3 homes in Wisconsin, 2 on okauchee lake, one in Florida....there may be more

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 03:54:37 PM »
A very good friend of mine got his start under dick(no pun) in his late 20’s.  he is still with the company, now Wells Fargo, and to say he has done well is the understatement of the decade.  3 homes in Wisconsin, 2 on okauchee lake, one in Florida....there may be more

Rocket, all I know about Dick is what I’ve read. I’m happy for your friend.

“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 04:16:34 PM »

same here and a big fan of MU bb...or he used to be anyway.  as fluff said earlier, he was against the wojo hire, so makes one wonder how influential he really is.  i'm sue some here know a lot more, but i would understand if they were reluctant to post too much.  never met the man personally but aside from my friend, my dads original accountant way back knew him as well.  by all accounts, before the strong chit hit the fan anyway, he was a personable guy.  he may still be, but i'm just an ordinary guy

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2020, 04:50:31 PM »
You are probably correct.  But how do you look at the product on the court and tell yourself, "just 1 more year."

Not sure Lovell looks at this the same way we do. Strong attendance, clean program and a winning record. Tough to fire that. We, as fans, make not like the results on the court but the optics to fire a guy with a winning record seems out of character for MU.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2020, 04:53:45 PM »
We, as fans, make not like the results on the court but the optics to fire a guy with a winning record seems out of character for MU.

Mike Deane ring a bell?  And his resume upon his firing was stronger than Wojo’s.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2020, 04:57:07 PM »
Not sure Lovell looks at this the same way we do. Strong attendance, clean program and a winning record. Tough to fire that. We, as fans, make not like the results on the court but the optics to fire a guy with a winning record seems out of character for MU.

In the era of buy games, every coach should have a winning regular season record. I’m more interested in conference record. This year wojo had a losing record.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2020, 04:59:12 PM »
Well, regular season is over.

I remember many scoopers saying this year was the year to determine if Wojo stays or goes after last seasons collapse.

What say you?  Why should we want to keep Wojo at the helm?  If next years class is your response, my answer is we saw what Wojo did with a 2 year AA, and how did that turnout?  What about sam and Joey leaving?   What makes you believe he could keep the class together if they commit next year?

How can anyone think he’s the answer for the future of MU?

Well said...but...I also agree with the below..unfortunately.  Have to remember Lovell rushed to premature judgement handing Wojo an extension in Year 2 for winning the lame Pre-Season NIT.  Lovell loves him some Wojo...and I don't see Lovell having the stones to sign off on firing.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 05:13:40 PM by Elonsmusk »

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2020, 05:07:20 PM »
Mike Deane ring a bell?  And his resume upon his firing was stronger than Wojo’s.

Do you think the competition was the same?  Look, I get it. I am not happy at all but the administration is not going to fire him. Maybe if season 7 brings the same results the tide may turn. Right now I just do not see Lovell pulling the plug. Sorry.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 05:15:12 PM »
Do you think the competition was the same?  Look, I get it. I am not happy at all but the administration is not going to fire him. Maybe if season 7 brings the same results the tide may turn. Right now I just do not see Lovell pulling the plug. Sorry.

If it were me,  I would ask Wojo to bring in a seasoned xo coach.  If he didn't like that I would tell him he could start looking for another job.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2020, 05:17:11 PM »
If it were me,  I would ask Wojo to bring in a seasoned xo coach.  If he didn't like that I would tell him he could start looking for another job.
Yes let's have a coach bring in a coach so that someone can actually coach.  Just fire the buffoon and move on.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 05:20:19 PM »

Not this again. How many of these solid coaches are not working elsewhere?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 05:20:40 PM »
Yes let's have a coach bring in a coach so that someone can actually coach.  Just fire the buffoon and move on.

Chances are he is not getting fired though. Next best option is you have a seasoned coach on bench or Wojo leaves on his own.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2020, 05:23:32 PM »
Not this again. How many of these solid coaches are not working elsewhere?

Ok. Your solution is.....

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2020, 05:27:50 PM »
Chances are he is not getting fired though. Next best option is you have a seasoned coach on bench or Wojo leaves on his own.
If we aren't going to fire him, the next best option is to throw him to the wolves and make the decision very easy at the end of next season.  Hiring a behind-the-scenes guy to mask Wojos many deficiencies is a great way to stay passably mediocre for another 6 years.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2020, 05:34:21 PM »

I'd imagine there are an awful lot of crooks who got rich while working at Wells Fargo.

One of the most corrupt American companies in modern history.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2020, 05:56:58 PM »
Ok. Your solution is.....

Encourage Wojo to leave.