[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Cheer loudly for Wojo on Sat  (Read 18909 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: Cheer loudly for Wojo on Sat
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2020, 08:51:32 PM »
I mean, maybe this will be the thread on this subject that will have an impact?

I can't believe the real Gucci Mane is here, welcome Gucci 
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2020, 08:56:52 PM »
This. They give every indication that they are miserable human beings. If they have anything remotely resembling the same attitude in real life, I feel sorry for their families and co-workers. It must be awful trying to live up to their expectations.

I’m on 4 different #mubb text strings with MU grads. 

Average grad per string: 4  besides me
Everyone is married, presumably happily
Everyone has healthy kids
Everyone is gainfully employed
Everyone attends 3+ games / year

Not one is a died in the wool ProJo
Most are unsatisfied
1-2 are upbeat on outlook

Only a few are on Scoop and they are lurkers.

Most of my MU conversations this year  are negative.  Even neighbors etc it’s “dude what’s wrong with your team”

I don’t enjoy the negativity.  I’d rather be 100% on board.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2020, 08:59:06 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2020, 02:37:18 AM »
This. They give every indication that they are miserable human beings. If they have anything remotely resembling the same attitude in real life, I feel sorry for their families and co-workers. It must be awful trying to live up to their expectations.

As every 12 year old suburban hooligan knows it's not the egg hitting the car but the car stopping and driver giving futile chase.

In the long, proud, storied annals of Scoop the most magnificent moment was Jen Lada, full of righteous indignation, creating an account to challenge insipid banality.   

It was a beautiful moment. It was Scoop's 'Raising of the Colors on Mt Surabachi.'

"Da fuq she say?"

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 02:52:28 PM by keefe »

Death on call

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2020, 06:26:05 AM »
Did not know we had so many posters here that were psychiatrists, behavioral analysts and mental health workers. Or maybe many just stayed at a holiday inn.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2020, 06:32:33 AM »
As every 12 year old suburban hooligan knows it's not the egg hitting the car but the car stopping and driver giving futile chase.

In the long, proud, storied annals of Scoop the most magnificent moment was Jen Lada, full of righteous indignation, creating an account to challenge insipid banality.   

It was a beautiful moment. It was Scoop's 'Raising of the Colors on Mt Surabachi.'

"Da fuq she say?"
BTW this weekend is the 75th anniversary of the battle of Iwo Jima, one of the bloodiest of WW 2, where over 7 thousand marines and naval personnel died. The honorable dead. Where General Holland "Howlin" Mad Dog Smith described the campaign as "...where uncommon valor was a common virtue"

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2020, 07:56:39 AM »
If a year ago at this time you were told we were without Sam, Joey and Ed, what would you guess our record would be?

This is a good point and the primary reason I’ve been more supportive of Wojo this year. The team has exceeded my expectations, BUT, if we collapse from here on out?  It will once again be peak frustration.

That aside, I’m  going to bring a massive sign to the game that says:  “Cheer Wojo.”

Goose

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2020, 08:26:38 AM »
Elon

I agree that this has been Wojo’s best effort at MU. While hardly world beaters they have been competitive in virtually every game and probably have 2-3 more wins than I expected. That said, at some point the bar has to be much higher than they currently are at. As for today, I think we likely lose and will again make final score closer than the deficit was much of the game.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2020, 08:43:20 AM »

that is one of the broadest(no pun intended) generalizations i've heard in a long time...soooo, if one is unhappy with something the author here disagrees with, you are an awful awful unhappy person??  next thing ya know, the intelligentsia sends the  blackshirts in, take your kids, check to see if you are of fit mind and send you to be reprogrammed
don't...don't don't don't don't

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2020, 09:04:42 AM »
BTW this weekend is the 75th anniversary of the battle of Iwo Jima, one of the bloodiest of WW 2, where over 7 thousand marines and naval personnel died. The honorable dead. Where General Holland "Howlin" Mad Dog Smith described the campaign as "...where uncommon valor was a common virtue"

I have "bounced" at the Navy-run airfield at Iwo and took advantage of doing several Surabachi fly-bys. That is a really small patch of volcanic sand.

All of the violence unleashed by both sides in such a contained space is unimaginable.

Say what you will about Jarheads but I have nothing but respect for their training, heritage, and culture. Every American owes something to the Marine Corps for they embody the very best of we as a people. 

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2020, 09:05:57 AM »

Willie,

My Dad was a Marine and Iwo Jima was one of the islands he fought on. At his funeral (almost 20 years ago) my brothers and I read letters he sent from the LST prior to the landing and battle. They were remarkably optimistic, reassuring my Mom and her family about their preparation, righteousness and ultimate success. Those guys were indeed the greatest generation.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2020, 09:07:50 AM »
Willie,

My Dad was a Marine and Iwo Jima was one of the islands he fought on. At his funeral (almost 20 years ago) my brothers and I read letters he sent from the LST prior to the landing and battle. They were remarkably optimistic, reassuring my Mom and her family about their preparation, righteousness and ultimate success. Those guys were indeed the greatest generation.

Semper Fi, Lenny

Death on call

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2020, 09:22:05 AM »
I can't believe the real Gucci Mane is here, welcome Gucci

Not often we get celebrities around. Truly blessed to be here.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2020, 09:25:48 AM »
Not often we get celebrities around. Truly blessed to be here.

Not sure why anyone would own Gucci loafers but my favorite was Buzzard sporting Gucci loafers with Vibram soles.

You can take the man out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the man.

F#cking hillbilly.

Death on call

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2020, 10:03:44 AM »
If a year ago at this time you were told we were without Sam, Joey and Ed, what would you guess our record would be?

I've been out of the loop. Why did those players leave?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2020, 10:09:14 AM »
that is one of the broadest(no pun intended) generalizations i've heard in a long time...soooo, if one is unhappy with something the author here disagrees with, you are an awful awful unhappy person??  next thing ya know, the intelligentsia sends the  blackshirts in, take your kids, check to see if you are of fit mind and send you to be reprogrammed

Rocket, you know who I am talking about: the guys whose posts are negative 95% of the time and slam the players and team in the game thread after every turnover or foul. The ones who call for Wojo's firing after every loss. Why do these people bother to follow the team if all it brings them is anger and extreme disappointment?

I just don't understand this kind of attitude towards something that they allegedly love. It sounds like a toxic relationship to me, and perhaps they need to end it.
Have some patience, FFS.

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2020, 10:22:35 AM »
Rocket, you know who I am talking about: the guys whose posts are negative 95% of the time and slam the players and team in the game thread after every turnover or foul. The ones who call for Wojo's firing after every loss. Why do these people bother to follow the team if all it brings them is anger and extreme disappointment?

I just don't understand this kind of attitude towards something that they allegedly love. It sounds like a toxic relationship to me, and perhaps they need to end it.

People are wired differently. And that's OK. I never understand the people who are always like, "Golly, gee. Everything is great!" When it clearly is not. Those people are like psychopaths to me.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2020, 10:24:00 AM »

Most are unsatisfied

Most of my MU conversations this year  are negative.  Even neighbors etc it’s “dude what’s wrong with your team”

People tend to hang out with other likeminded people.   Married with kids make one a better evaluator of coaching?

We are leaving for the game in a few minutes.  Our family supports the team and coaching staff. 

Let’s Go Warriors.  Jayce, Sacar, and Markus thank you for representing Marquette as you have.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2020, 11:28:39 AM »
People are wired differently. And that's OK. I never understand the people who are always like, "Golly, gee. Everything is great!" When it clearly is not. Those people are like psychopaths to me.

The "Golly Gee" people just have their lives in perspective where we realize a loss by our team doesn't ruin our days.  Not so for everyone.

The anti-Wojo crowd also disappears after a win even though they are ripping on the team in the game thread.  And their constant whining and bitching has driven many good posters away from this board because of the irrationality of that group.  It appears that they would prefer MU to lose this game and one game next week just to get rid of Wojo.  Forget the fact we have a top 10-15 recruiting class coming in, forget the fact that we have two 5 Star recruits in attendance and forget the fact that this season isn't even frickin' over.  They have made their decision and have moved on.  Any success makes them look foolish and thus, they double down.

It is a shame that people will boo today and I am embarrassed as an alum by their behavior.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2020, 11:30:00 AM »
Willie,

Yes the WW 2 vets were indeed the greatest generation. What this country did to prepare for that war and then win it all in about 6 to 7 years was truly exceptional. May your father rest in peace, because he truly must have seen horror on Iwo. If you have not already read it, check out Flags of Our Fathers by James Bradley? written by his son.
Meanwhile, to stay on topic here on Scoop "Go Warriors and kick the Pirates asses today." Tear down the Jolly Roger.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2020, 11:34:35 AM »

Most are unsatisfied

Yeah, I agree. Both my sons, both born in Wisc. (Green Bay and Sheeboygun, eyena) love to give me the digs about Wojo and the Warriors. One is a yuuuge Browns fan, so I get tons of payback heckling him about that clownshow.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2020, 01:09:02 PM »
Elon

I agree that this has been Wojo’s best effort at MU. While hardly world beaters they have been competitive in virtually every game and probably have 2-3 more wins than I expected. That said, at some point the bar has to be much higher than they currently are at. As for today, I think we likely lose and will again make final score closer than the deficit was much of the game.

I agree Goose.  Think it is fair to expect Marquette to be able to occasionally make some noise in the NCAA, reach some Sweet 16s, particularly by next year being Year 7 of the regime.

I sure don't have confidence that we win today, but it wouldn't surprise me either.  This is where we are as a program in Markus's last game - Coin flip at home against KenPom #20 Seton Hall.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2020, 01:14:51 PM »
I agree Goose.  Think it is fair to expect Marquette to be able to occasionally make some noise in the NCAA, reach some Sweet 16s, particularly by next year being Year 7 of the regime.

I sure don't have confidence that we win today, but it wouldn't surprise me either.  This is where we are as a program in Markus's last game - Coin flip at home against KenPom #20 Seton Hall.

Seton Hall would be a coin flip game for every top team in the country this year outside of about 4 teams.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2020, 02:36:44 PM »
Seton Hall is a much better team than MU.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2020, 02:49:56 PM »
Seton Hall is a much better team than MU.

This hard hitting take is how you know Goose “knows ball.”
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 02:56:03 PM by manesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback