[Today at 12:29:26 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by rocky_warrior
[Today at 12:26:02 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cheer loudly for Wojo on Sat  (Read 19202 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: Cheer loudly for Wojo on Sat
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2020, 02:58:54 PM »
People tend to hang out with other likeminded people.   Married with kids make one a better evaluator of coaching?

We are leaving for the game in a few minutes.  Our family supports the team and coaching staff. 

Let’s Go Warriors.  Jayce, Sacar, and Markus thank you for representing Marquette as you have.

I hang out with guys I met freshman year of MU in McCormick.  Just a bunch of dudes from the floor.  Guess I was put on the wrong floor. 

Hope the recruits don’t notice we’re down 21. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Boone

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2020, 03:00:21 PM »
Commence booing

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2020, 03:03:11 PM »
Not ready for Prime Time. In any way.

Once again thoroughly humiliated on the national stage.

Hateful

Death on call

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2020, 03:11:52 PM »

Hateful

Wojos fault koby n sacar are 0- fer. Again!!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2020, 03:36:46 PM »
Elon

I agree that this has been Wojo’s best effort at MU. While hardly world beaters they have been competitive in virtually every game and probably have 2-3 more wins than I expected. That said, at some point the bar has to be much higher than they currently are at. As for today, I think we likely lose and will again make final score closer than the deficit was much of the game.

Good call Goose.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2020, 03:56:34 PM »
Yeh! Just wait a few years until Wojo get his guys into the program then look out Big East!

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2020, 03:58:39 PM »
Late arriving students were chanting “Fire Wojo” as they went in. Wish I was making this up
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2020, 04:03:55 PM »
Late arriving students were chanting “Fire Wojo” as they went in. Wish I was making this up

Very cool.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2020, 04:15:36 PM »

Not a great move. But also shows that more than just a handful of posters here are frustrated with Wojo..

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2020, 04:18:19 PM »
The booing was well handled. They introduced Markus & seamlessly followed those clear into Wojo's introduction, then rapidly the students so any booing idiots were booing themselves.

Wojo got a great round of applause during Markus' speech.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2020, 04:21:05 PM »
I swear the student section wasn’t announced as the best in the country this time. I wonder who passed us.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2020, 04:59:34 PM »

The "Golly Gee" people just have their lives in perspective where we realize a loss by our team doesn't ruin our days.  Not so for everyone.

THIS.

I have been a fan of MU since my dad (an alum) got season tix midway through the Al years. I was at every tournament game during the National Championship run in '77, have a stack of old programs and other souvenirs taller than me, attended MU as a student and later got my own season tickets...and then kept them for another fifteen years after I moved 4 1/2 hours away from Milwaukee. I have seen the good and the bad, from Al to the Piano Man, from the NC game and the UConn and UK wins to the devastating loss to Miami (Oh) in '78. The bad hurts, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the good.

But I have other things in my life, so when the bad comes I remember that it isn't catastrophic. A bad season isn't stave IV cancer or a major car accident or a night club shooting. It won't lead to the loss of a loved one or my financial security or even my neighbor's dog. No - it's a disappointment. A big one sometimes, but a disappointment. Nothing more, and nothing less.

And I don't boo ANYONE who is doing his or her level best to represent this university with dignity.

We Are Marquette!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2020, 05:09:35 PM »
Well...they are his guys.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2020, 05:18:22 PM »
Well...they are his guys.
So, literally everything negative thing that happens on a college basketball court, no matter what team, is that team's coach's fault.  All this time and I wasn't aware of this axiom.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »
So, literally everything negative thing that happens on a college basketball court, no matter what team, is that team's coach's fault.  All this time and I wasn't aware of this axiom.
Did not say "everything", you did. But the guy making 2 plus million sheckles a year is responsible. Are you aware of that?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2020, 05:43:25 PM »
Well, if the players not being able to hit a shot is the coach's fault for recruiting them, what wouldn't be traced back that?

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2020, 05:45:34 PM »
Well, if the players not being able to hit a shot is the coach's fault for recruiting them, what wouldn't be traced back that?
Umm, what?

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2020, 06:17:23 PM »
Umm, what?
I hope you aren't looking at my post by itself and thinking that is my opinion. I was taking a previous statement to its illogical end point.

I think I should give up Scoop for the rest of Lent and reevaluate after Easter.

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2020, 06:20:01 PM »
I thought it was very telling that Wojo got a loud cheer during Markus’ speech.  Those who are willing to support the coach also were there to support the players despite a tough day.   Those who choose to boo couldn’t wait to get out of there. 

Those who think it’s soft to be affected by boos are living in a fantasy world.  We all would be.  It’s not that you’re packing up and leaving it, but you’re willing to listen when you don’t feel wanted...just like any job.  It probably isn’t a coincidence that any recent coach to get to the sweet sixteen has chosen greener pastures.   

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2020, 06:33:22 PM »
I thought it was very telling that Wojo got a loud cheer during Markus’ speech.  Those who are willing to support the coach also were there to support the players despite a tough day.   Those who choose to boo couldn’t wait to get out of there. 

Those who think it’s soft to be affected by boos are living in a fantasy world.  We all would be.  It’s not that you’re packing up and leaving it, but you’re willing to listen when you don’t feel wanted...just like any job.  It probably isn’t a coincidence that any recent coach to get to the sweet sixteen has chosen greener pastures.

So good

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2020, 08:10:16 PM »

Hateful

Great pic. The Not Ready for Prime Time Players. Love it. What’s up with the Illuminati “all-seeing eye” spoon gig from Garrett Morris though?  Another 33rd degree Mason art director telling us who’s in charge? Or was he predicting Charlie Spoonhour 1990s SLU success?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2020, 08:15:57 PM »
I swear the student section wasn’t announced as the best in the country this time. I wonder who passed us.

They stopped the ".. and the best student section in the country.." line many seasons ago.   

Kenpom.com has them at the 42nd best in the country now.

It's a self-selected crowd.  I've watched ~25 senior night ceremonies.  Win or lose, a minimum of 50% of the crowd leaves at the end of the game.  Sometimes 75% leave, like today.     This leaves a minority category: those who want to honor the seniors.   I guarantee you, there were fans that stayed who have boo'd Wojo in the past and want him gone.  They weren't gonna protest during the senior's speeches.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 29, 2020, 08:26:00 PM »
[quote author=GooooMarquette link=topic=60118.msg1214935#msg1214935 date=158301717

I don't boo ANYONE who is doing his or her level best to represent this university with dignity.

We Are Marquette!
[/quote]

Amen.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 29, 2020, 10:07:23 PM »
I had 4th row seats today (sick brag) and with about 7 min left in 2nd half I heard a fan get vocal about his displeasure with Wojo.

I have not been happy with his results and I express my displeasure here and elsewhere.  However, this guy was belligerent and personal.  He was ultimately removed as the fans around him got Security.  I have it on good authority this guy popped off to Markus’ family.

In short that is some BS.  I was bummed by the results.  However SHU is really, really talented.  They were better.  Markus’ teammates showed up a little too late.  Not a Pro-Jo but we have to keep our crap together in Public.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 10:11:18 PM by muhoops1 »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2020, 03:29:59 AM »

Hey homeless people getting booed on Maury can handle it.  I think the coach making millions to be mediocre can handle em too.

feedback