'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Dwyane Wade  (Read 12026 times)

Johnny B

• All American
Re: Dwyane Wade
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2020, 12:51:31 AM »
Nvm

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2020, 12:57:21 AM »
Epehsians 6:5.  And other passages on beating slaves.. come on man

You’re entirely missing point of St Paul’s message. It’s essence is that of obedience and we all serve one master, who doesn’t hold anyone above the other.  It is not about beating slaves, that is such a twisted interpretation and flat wrong. 

I’m sure you have nothing from God’s word or from Jeaus’s ministry on earth either as I asked.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2020, 01:00:31 AM »
You’re entirely missing point of St Paul’s message. It’s essence is that of obedience and we all serve one master, who doesn’t hold anyone above the other.  It is not about beating slaves, that is such a twisted interpretation and flat wrong. 

I’m sure you have nothing from God’s word or from Jeaus’s ministry on earth either as I asked.
all I need to do is quote. You cherry pick the parts you like and ignore the rest. I'm sure you dont want execute People who cheat on their spouse? Also you can't argue slavery. It I's clearly recognized in the bible. You can choose to ignore those.parts but that's my whole point. Its non sense

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2020, 01:01:54 AM »

In what bible is that?!?  Seriously

the one caitlyn carries around
don't...don't don't don't don't

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2020, 01:20:28 AM »
all I need to do is quote. You cherry pick the parts you like and ignore the rest. I'm sure you dont want execute People who cheat on their spouse? Also you can't argue slavery. It I's clearly recognized in the bible. You can choose to ignore those.parts but that's my whole point. Its non sense

Johnny,

There’s terrible treatment of slaves in the Bible. No argument there. But St Paul’s message that you cited as an example of there being biblical teaching supporting such a thing is totally the opposite of what St Paul was conveying in his letter.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2020, 01:21:40 AM »
I'm honestly not attempting to troll. You connected being Christian with seeing transgender as being a "dysfunctional path." I was curious where that came from as I personally don't know of any scripture that says that being transgender was a "behavior that Jesus did not accept."

I think gender identity and sexual orientation are often unfairly lumped together. While I don't agree, I at least "get" why some Christians believe homosexuality is against their faith. There is scripture you can point to. Personally, I think that scripture is often taken out of context and is later clarified by Jesus' message of love, but that's a whole other discussion. I don't think there is any scripture that labels being transgender as a sin, I certainly could be wrong though.

And thouest says the LORD, "take thy chemicals and other man-made cocktails, and turneth yorth cockandballs into a hairy vagina."   Lasvegasans, 2:15-16.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2020, 06:29:10 AM »
Bible is one of my favorite fiction books
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

🏀

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2020, 06:54:25 AM »
Jesus unquestionably put down the angry mob who wanted to stone to death the woman caught in the act of adultry.  And put them down with one of His most profound responses that simply disarmed the mob

Unquestionably?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2020, 06:59:44 AM »
Unquestionably?

Yes. How is that not the correct term for how it played out? 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2020, 07:03:15 AM »
And thouest says the LORD, "take thy chemicals and other man-made cocktails, and turneth yorth cockandballs into a hairy vagina."   Lasvegasans, 2:15-16.

you must have had the old traditional bible.  the newer versions at least are open to the brazilians or landing strips?  must be different bibles from different persuasions 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2020, 07:36:51 AM »
Personally, I think that scripture is often taken out of context and is later clarified by Jesus' message of love

Absolutely and perfectly stated TAMU.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2020, 08:01:59 AM »
Jesus unquestionably put down the angry mob who wanted to stone to death the woman caught in the act of adultry.  And put them down with one of His most profound responses that simply disarmed the mob completely.

Numerous places in the Old Testament say adulterers must die. Jesus later said numerous times that the Old Testament was divinely inspired, the irrefutable "Word of God." He referred to Old Testament scripture as "the commandment of God."

So I'm not sure what you say is "unquestioned," as it seems to be questioned (or at least contradicted) by Jesus himself.

However, yes, most biblical scholars I've read believe exactly as TAMU says and that you agree with: "scripture is often taken out of context and is later clarified by Jesus' message of love." The Jesus that I learned about at Marquette and elsewhere would have condemned those who hate homosexuals, transgender people, immigrants, poor people, sick people, those of different religions, even "enemies."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2020, 08:12:45 AM »
Numerous places in the Old Testament say adulterers must die. Jesus later said numerous times that the Old Testament was divinely inspired, the irrefutable "Word of God." He referred to Old Testament scripture as "the commandment of God."

So I'm not sure what you say is "unquestioned," as it seems to be questioned (or at least contradicted) by Jesus himself.

However, yes, most biblical scholars I've read believe exactly as TAMU says and that you agree with: "scripture is often taken out of context and is later clarified by Jesus' message of love." The Jesus that I learned about at Marquette and elsewhere would have condemned those who hate homosexuals, transgender people, immigrants, poor people, sick people, those of different religions, even "enemies."
Is it still OK to hate Notre Dame?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2020, 09:50:16 AM »

Well, duh!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2020, 09:57:57 AM »
you must have had the old traditional bible.  the newer versions at least are open to the brazilians or landing strips?  must be different bibles from different persuasions

I believe it was St Guccione of Rio who exhorted the masses to forgo the ways of the jungle

Death on call

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2020, 09:57:58 AM »
SUPERBAR
No Finish Line

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2020, 10:09:07 AM »
+1000    PLEASE ! ! !

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2020, 10:21:47 AM »

Post of the year. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2020, 11:29:02 AM »
Yes. How is that not the correct term for how it played out? 

If it actually happened without any embellishments, sure.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2020, 11:42:54 AM »
Oh.  My.  God. 

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2020, 12:08:29 PM »
There were no recording devices, shorthand, printing presses etc at that time. The bible appears to be at least a translation of a translation of a translation. Writers were generally slaves with unknown literacy. Even the new Testament was written long after the death of Jesus. Finally it was all reviewed and redacted by the Council of Trent long after it was written. All the parts that were not in accord with dogma as understood at that time, and some parts disappeared forever -- like the gospel of Thomas, the gospel of Judas, etc. Catholic Religion has never claimed to be based exclusively on the Bible.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2020, 01:12:27 PM »
There were no recording devices, shorthand, printing presses etc at that time. The bible appears to be at least a translation of a translation of a translation. Writers were generally slaves with unknown literacy. Even the new Testament was written long after the death of Jesus. Finally it was all reviewed and redacted by the Council of Trent long after it was written. All the parts that were not in accord with dogma as understood at that time, and some parts disappeared forever -- like the gospel of Thomas, the gospel of Judas, etc. Catholic Religion has never claimed to be based exclusively on the Bible.

As Fr Sheehan taught there are four distinct Ugaritic sources of the Old Testament,  J E D P, which were passed down over many generations in the oral tradition.

The fact that singing is so prominent in Jewish culture is that song was used to share the 24 books of the Jewish faith, a practice that continues to this day with Cantors. The name Cohen/Kohn/Coen/Kahin, etc... were names given to cantors who celebrated Shabbos through song.

Jewish singers were common in early 20th century popular culture. Unfortunately, this heritage led to Barbra Streisand but we shouldn't condemn a people for that. 

Death on call

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2020, 08:30:32 PM »
Anyone watching the documentary right now?? It’s really good

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2020, 08:40:45 AM »
Don’t F**k With Cats?
No Finish Line

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2020, 09:18:44 AM »

excellent story!   dwade came across very well put together, humble and much wiser than a kid who had to sit out his first year because of prop 48.  what a great story all around.  turning his mom and dads lives around.  there are so many other ways the dwade story could have gone despite his success...where did time go?  seems like just yesterday he left MU and now he's retired from the NBA and sure HOF'er with 3 rings