[Today at 10:54:04 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NCAA investigations cont.  (Read 94773 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: NCAA investigations cont.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 05:25:21 PM »
At least Sean Miller is still free

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 06:54:04 PM »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 07:28:46 PM »
SCHOOLS/SHOE COMPANIES PAY ELITE PLAYERS??

Wow.  Earth shattering stuff, who would have thunk it?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »
Still waiting for those major program punishments, eh?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 07:46:51 PM »
I’m sure the nsa with mass surveillance could take down every power team for a decade.  It’d be a nice little reward for schools playing by the rules.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 08:06:35 PM »
I had breakfast with a major KU booster today. Told me he hopes they win a NC this year because Self and KU will get hammered by the NCAA next year.

Also told me about Danny Manning getting all sorts of "benefits" while he was at KU. I know that's not a secret since KU was punished for it, but was fun to hear from someone who saw it first hand.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 08:11:29 PM »
Still waiting for those major program punishments, eh?

Summer is almost over in Argentina...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 03:44:14 PM »
I'm excited for the fallout of the actual wiretaps coming:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2067604/were-getting-a-documentary-this-month-about-the-fbincaa-investigation-with-never-before-heard-wiretapped-calls-from-head-coaches

SURELY the NCAA will render appropriate punishment in a swift manner

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2020, 04:48:21 PM »

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2067604/were-getting-a-documentary-this-month-about-the-fbincaa-investigation-with-never-before-heard-wiretapped-calls-from-head-coaches

NCAA enforcement rightfully works very diligently.  Investigators have been on the Arizona campus for a while, as they were on the Kansas campus.  There is a procedure that must be followed, such as the notice of allegations and then the opportunity for an initial response from the institution. It's due process.  Enforcement has lawyers, former FBI agents, former private investigators, and other with similar backgrounds doing the work on campus.  However, they cannot compel anyone to talk, that's what killed the Miami investigation, Shapiro wouldn't talk. I wouldn't want them acting in a "swift" manner and based on a documentary...unless you think everything you see on TV is true.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 04:58:53 PM »
NCAA enforcement rightfully works very diligently.  Investigators have been on the Arizona campus for a while, as they were on the Kansas campus.  There is a procedure that must be followed, such as the notice of allegations and then the opportunity for an initial response from the institution. It's due process.  Enforcement has lawyers, former FBI agents, former private investigators, and other with similar backgrounds doing the work on campus.  However, they cannot compel anyone to talk, that's what killed the Miami investigation, Shapiro wouldn't talk. I wouldn't want them acting in a "swift" manner and based on a documentary...unless you think everything you see on TV is true.

Um

This is a joke, right?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 05:25:38 PM »
I heard they are planning on hitting major offenders with one of the biggest punishments in years. They will be banned from the conference tournaments and NCAA tournament for the 2019-20 year.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2020, 05:32:45 PM »
Um

This is a joke, right?

just because you don't know how things work doesn't make reality "a joke."

you do know Kansas is scared out of their mind right now and Miami only got off because the NCAA investigators wanted to nail them so bad they crossed the boundaries of what they could do and it killed the violation and the dude (a lawyer, the same one who added sanctions to USC for hiring Lane Kiffin) got fired, right?  And that investigators have been at Arizona for quite a while, right?

But yes, a TV documentary with a criminal is always a solid and unquestionable reliable source to make a final determination.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 05:39:45 PM »

you do know Kansas is scared out of their mind right now and Miami only got off because the NCAA investigators wanted to nail them so bad they crossed the boundaries of what they could do and it killed the violation and the dude (a lawyer, the same one who added sanctions to USC for hiring Lane Kiffin) got fired, right?  And that investigators have been at Arizona for quite a while, right?

But yes, a TV documentary with a criminal is always a solid and unquestionable reliable source to make a final determination.

They have wire taps and text messages from head coaches.  But yeah, nothing to see here, just the word of a criminal.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 05:58:33 PM »

Making a Murderer syndrome.

I'll listen to Billy on NCAA issues.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 06:18:20 PM »

I was obviously being facetious with my initial post.

I do not believe we will see much action out of the NCAA from anything the documentary mentions let along from all the evidence they've had at their disposal prior to this coming out.

Larger picture - I'm not sure what Kansas would really have to be scared of. Or, more specifically, those who might have committed any violations. Coaches got paid. Players/families got paid. Games were won. Fans experienced success with their teams in real-time. History books have been written.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 08:49:12 PM »

Don't worry, Missou will get punished heavily, I'm sure!  :P

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 09:39:35 PM »
I was obviously being facetious with my initial post.

I do not believe we will see much action out of the NCAA from anything the documentary mentions let along from all the evidence they've had at their disposal prior to this coming.

Well, if you think about it... a Chicago Tribune article turned this program into a “clean-at-all-costs” lesson in mediocrity.  (Yes, boners, I realize the article isn’t responsible for the actions of a few bad actors, but the idea of a nationally prominent publication influencing decisions at the organizational level is not unheard of)

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2020, 12:56:59 AM »
I’m sure the nsa with mass surveillance could take down every power team for a decade.  It’d be a nice little reward for schools playing by the rules.

Long Live NSA Mass Surveillance!!

Oy Vey. StingRay.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 10:16:44 AM »
If You Watch Only One Sports Documentary During Quarantine, Make It This One
https://deadspin.com/if-you-watch-only-one-sports-documentary-during-quarant-1842494364

...But don't be surprised if Miller and Wade are looking for new jobs after Tuesday night....
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 10:18:15 AM »
If You Watch Only One Sports Documentary During Quarantine, Make It This One
https://deadspin.com/if-you-watch-only-one-sports-documentary-during-quarant-1842494364

...But don't be surprised if Miller and Wade are looking for new jobs after Tuesday night....

I’ll be stunned if they’re looking for new jobs after Tuesday. It’s been proven before, if the school thinks the coach is winning enough basketball games but gets caught blatantly cheating, just sit on your hands, wait it out, and watch the NCAA not do anything.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2020, 01:36:23 PM »
I’ll be stunned if they’re looking for new jobs after Tuesday. It’s been proven before, if the school thinks the coach is winning enough basketball games but gets caught blatantly cheating, just sit on your hands, wait it out, and watch the NCAA not do anything.

I know. Just ask Kelvin Sampson, Bruce Pearl and Rick Pitino and their institutions. They kept coaching and nothing happened to their schools.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 03:24:07 PM »
I know. Just ask Kelvin Sampson, Bruce Pearl and Rick Pitino and their institutions. They kept coaching and nothing happened to their schools.

How long after the violated acts took place till the punishments were levied?

feedback