[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA investigations cont.  (Read 96221 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: NCAA investigations cont.
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2020, 12:30:21 PM »
To be fair, Chicos never said *what* summer the NCAA would announce these allegations.

Oh damn  ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2020, 01:09:51 PM »
Why don't the NCAA check out these one-and-doners. Kansas, Kentucky,
North Carolina, and Duke. How many of those players attemd classes,
and have passing grades for one school year.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2020, 01:13:50 PM »
Why don't the NCAA check out these one-and-doners. Kansas, Kentucky,
North Carolina, and Duke. How many of those players attemd classes,
and have passing grades for one school year.

Who cares
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2020, 02:17:43 PM »

Danielle Lerner

@danielle_lerner

Chris Mack and Vince Tyra will hold a Zoom call with men's basketball players and their families later today to explain the timeline. No guarantee Louisville won't get a postseason ban, but Tyra thinks the process will take at least a year so 2021 NCAA Tourney still a possibility
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2020, 02:52:05 PM »
Wake me up when Kansas/Self or Arizona/Miller are held accountable

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2020, 03:13:53 PM »

Danielle Lerner

@danielle_lerner

Chris Mack and Vince Tyra will hold a Zoom call with men's basketball players and their families later today to explain the timeline. No guarantee Louisville won't get a postseason ban, but Tyra thinks the process will take at least a year so 2021 NCAA Tourney still a possibility
I wondered why Mack took that job because of this...but then i saw his salary. He got a huge payday and zero responsibility for that mess. I'd have done the same thing.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2020, 03:26:41 PM »
I wondered why Mack took that job because of this...but then i saw his salary. He got a huge payday and zero responsibility for that mess. I'd have done the same thing.

And almost certainly has an out in his contract (buyout goes out the window or something) if the NCAA actually decides to hammer them (which they won't).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2020, 03:27:05 PM »
Wake me up when Kansas/Self or Arizona/Miller are held accountable

you've been asleep for 7 months, apparently.

https://publicaffairs.ku.edu/noa
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2020, 03:28:44 PM »

When did they get fired or put on probation?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2020, 03:44:51 PM »

He said when they are held accountable, not when they shuffle a bunch of papers back and forth....

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2020, 04:25:51 PM »
I think the most disparaging outcome of the UL scandal is that Louisville made well-known risks in hiring/retaining Pitino and Petrino, both of whom had national scandals before 2013), but did so because it valued winning at all costs on a national scale in both football/men's basketball in order to get into the ACC.  Remember, it came down to UConn and Louisville after Maryland bolted the ACC for the B1G, and, from accounts, Louisville snuck-in ahead  of UConn due to the football edge. 

If Louisville had the chance to do it over, they would do everything the exact same over again.  Why?  Because turning their heads the other way not only allowed them to win more in the two high-profile sports, but also got them a golden ticket out of G5 purgatory and into the P5 country club.

They might be put on probation for another five years, wins might get vacated (again), scholarships might get reduced, etc. - but Louisville still got into the ACC (and is making $30+ million annually), compared to the $1.7 million annually the AAC (the league that Louisville would have been stuck in) was getting through their last contract.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2020, 04:28:00 PM »
I think the most disparaging outcome of the UL scandal is that Louisville made well-known risks in hiring/retaining Pitino and Petrino, both of whom had national scandals before 2013), but did so because it valued winning at all costs on a national scale in both football/men's basketball in order to get into the ACC.  Remember, it came down to UConn and Louisville after Maryland bolted the ACC for the B1G, and, from accounts, Louisville snuck-in ahead  of UConn due to the football edge. 

If Louisville had the chance to do it over, they would do everything the exact same over again.  Why?  Because turning their heads the other way not only allowed them to win more in the two high-profile sports, but also got them a golden ticket out of G5 purgatory and into the P5 country club.

They might be put on probation for another five years, wins might get vacated (again), scholarships might get reduced, etc. - but Louisville still got into the ACC (and is making $30+ million annually), compared to the $1.7 million annually the AAC (the league that Louisville would have been stuck in) was getting through their last contract.

The only thing they would change is not firing anyone from their athletic department and daring the NCAA to force their hand.  We now know (Kansas, LSU, Arizona) that doesn't happen with the NCAA.  Their biggest mistake was acting on their own, assuming if they didn't the NCAA would actually lay the hammer down.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2020, 06:52:19 PM »

Cheating pays well.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2020, 07:05:35 PM »
With COVID it is surprising any new charges levied.

Speaking of which, is Louisville near the top of all time accused by the NCAA?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2020, 07:12:14 PM »

Why?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2020, 07:14:22 PM »
When did they get fired or put on probation?

It’s a process, like a court proceeding. Investigation, charges, ability to respond by the accused. The difference is the accused is arguing against the judge. There’s no ability to plea.

Sorry it can’t all happen in three days and be litigated by Twitter and message board conversations.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2020, 07:17:39 PM »

Speaking of which, is Louisville near the top of all time accused by the NCAA?

Not really. Enforcement has been on the Lille campus and investigating for a while, well before COVID hit. These things aren’t done overnight.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2020, 07:18:44 PM »
It’s a process, like a court proceeding. Investigation, charges, ability to respond by the accused. The difference is the accused is arguing against the judge. There’s no ability to plea.

Sorry it can’t all happen in three days and be litigated by Twitter and message board conversations.

Then they haven’t been held accountable for anything.  Gotcha

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2020, 07:29:40 PM »
Not really. Enforcement has been on the Lille campus and investigating for a while, well before COVID hit. These things aren’t done overnight.

What about interviews and such?  Isn’t there a reason law enforcement does interrogations at the precinct and not via the phone?  They can tell if you are lying, sweating, eye contact.  Overselling it a bit here, but if there were interviews still to be conducted I would think COVID only slows that process down.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2020, 08:35:50 PM »
Not true, the Louisville fan board says their innocent and it's a witch hunt against U of L. Case closed.   :D

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2020, 08:48:14 PM »
What about interviews and such?  Isn’t there a reason law enforcement does interrogations at the precinct and not via the phone?  They can tell if you are lying, sweating, eye contact.  Overselling it a bit here, but if there were interviews still to be conducted I would think COVID only slows that process down.

They use the eye test instead of the evidence? How Scoopy!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2020, 10:19:07 AM »
They use the eye test instead of the evidence? How Scoopy!

Maybe the smell test would be more effective, hey?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2020, 10:30:46 AM »
Maybe the smell test would be more effective, hey?

Unfortunately, the smell test has not proven as effective this time around as it did during the exotic dancer/prostitute scandal. 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2020, 10:50:42 AM »
Unfortunately, the smell test has not proven as effective this time around as it did during the exotic dancer/prostitute scandal.

UofL started getting better smelling strippers?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2020, 02:29:54 PM »
UofL started getting better smelling strippers?

So far, no allegations of strippers at all this time out.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback